Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 26, 2022 2:26 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Thread made in advance to reduce the competition for the first post and reduce spoilers.
The thread will be unlocked at approximately 01:30 (JST) This thread is now unlocked

A reminder of some rules:
  • Do not ask where to watch or post links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
  • If you absolutely need to make a reference to the LN, manga, WN or something that might happen in future episodes, use spoiler tags.
    [spoiler]your text here[/spoiler]

• Do not only post something like "good episode". Simple phrases posts are removed without notice.
  • Only use one screenshot. If you use more than one, your other pictures will be either put in spoilers or removed.
  • Refrain from multi-posting consecutively. Use the edit button if necessary.
  • Do not resort to abuse or trolling.

You can find the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules here.
anime-primeDec 26, 2022 8:30 AM
Dec 26, 2022 8:31 AM

May 2020
Continuing on, with Ichigo resolving himself to come face-to-face with Oetsu after learning the truth, he.. did get the free trip to soul society once again as mister zanpakuto creator has planned everything all along, with this outcome being a part of his scheme too. And.. well the inevitable happened and Ichigo passed. So this calls for forging a new bankai, right? Though things never actually go this straight whenever Ichigo’s involved, as again the truth about Zangetsu gave him one hell of a shock.

Zangetsu resembling Yhwach and being the source of quincy powers inside Ichigo helped him out all this time, that may be the reason his parting words left such an emotional sentiment on Ichigo. Though that way he got his hands on his brand new zankpakuto, the hollow blade and the quincy blade.. with Number One playing in the background and that insane drip… Bleach at its fuckinggg finest.  

Also good to see others working in their own way to hone their skills for the next invasion and unsurprisingly they concluded with Uryuu joining the sternritters cliffhanger. Full ED theme in the end too, with improvised visulas. Ticked all boxes for a certified banger in other words.  

A more than a decade gap, but this still came out as the best thing this season. Pierrot with all the highs, though now the wait game for the second cour which will be in summer next year. Holy yessss.

Jun 2019
Everybody in the Soul Society is training without their Bankais which is the only way they can prepare. And, it's finally time for Ichigo's Zampakuto to be forged once again. We also met Zangetsu again or did we?

And, at last, Ichigo has gotten his new Zanpakuto which looked so fucking cool. That was such a hype moment in the episode and also Uryu went to Yhwach. Can't wait for the next cour. We also got the full ED song.

The Blade is ME. Bleach will be back in the Summer of next year.

Nov 2011
Very appropriate they saved the #1 theme song for the season finale. Seriously, Zangetsu is still a badass after all these years and looks like Ichigo helped in his unique ways.

What a finale. It wasn't a big battle but way for Ichigo to find himself again as a Shinigami this season since his most recent defeat. Next part should be fairly interesting and I really hope they can keep up the technical quality like they did for this season. 8/10. THE BLADE IS ME.
Dec 26, 2022 8:35 AM

Nov 2007
Special ED for 1 hour finale.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 26, 2022 8:38 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
And that brings an end to the special hour program as well as the first cour of the TYBW, July 2023 can't honestly come quickly enough! I'm glad they're taking the time, because if it's quality like this, I doubt there's anyone sane enough to complain.

Ichigo got his Zanpakuto after finding out the truth of his origin, and that scene did not disappoint at all. I totally forgot how the old man version of Zanpakuto looked and it just hit me when they revealed it. So he'd been using his hollowfication and Quincy powers all this time, that's some drop of info. It was funny seeing Nimaiya-san's team in action with that goofy music in the background, they've nailed these moments in the adaption so far. 

Nice to see the other Captains trying to figure out a way to contribute despite losing their bankai. In the end, they'll need everything they can get, one would feel. Uryu over to the Quincy side though, as if there wasn't enough of a threat to begin with xD.

Pertaining to last episode, it was nice to see the full revelation behind the Isshin-Masaki relationship. I was expecting some more chill moments but oh well, got to make the most of the limited time they've got, ig. Urahara-san remains a mystery, but credits to him for saving the day in the first half of the episode. It's sad how Ywach-san operates, stealing powers from his bloodline, but that was to be expected given his behaviour this cour I suppose. 

Updated visuals for the ED, that was a pretty nice little change. I was anticipating some sort of news from Twitter and all of a sudden noticed some kind of fanservice, always glad to see stuff like that. 

_MushiRock11_Dec 26, 2022 8:46 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 26, 2022 8:46 AM

Apr 2020
AOTY for me with Summertime Render being a close 2nd.
The wait was really worth it. Sadly we will need to wait again a couple more times.
10/10 My teenager self is more than pleased.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Dec 26, 2022 8:47 AM

Sep 2012
I still can't believe how good this season has been. 

I watched it out of curiosity since I had a soft spot for Bleach (being my favorite of the old big 3), but damn, this was actually incredible almost all the way through, with the only weak link being Episode 8 - Shooting Star Mix (also still a bit sad about lack of Rukia peach). The Fire, Born in the Dark and Blade is Me were absolutely phenomenal episodes.

Overall, what has been adapted so far has been much better than the manga counterpart. See you guys in July for more Bleach kino and enjoy the new Year, bros/sisters.

9.5/10.
GoldenSaltPillarDec 26, 2022 8:52 AM
Dec 26, 2022 9:52 AM

Jan 2009
Ichigo is dual sword wielding now, lets see his full power seeing that the Quincy blood in him is holding him back for so long

Dec 26, 2022 9:52 AM
Nov 2019
Hands down the best bleach episode ever created. They really did justice to the manga. Perfect 10/10
Dec 26, 2022 9:53 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Now that's how to end a season. Big reveal after big reveal. The reveal that old man Zangetsu was really Yhwach and the reveal that Ichigo's Quincy powers were vastly suppressing him from the beginning of the series are insane. Now that Ichigo finally has a true zanpakto of his own, and he isn't suppressed anymore, he may now be the strongest soul reaper alive now, besides perhaps Aizen, Kenpachi Zaraki, and the Zero Division. Though he may indeed be stronger than some of them. The way Ichigo dealt with his old man Zangetsu was quite a touching moment, paced really well compared to other parts of this first cour. The music was pretty well utilized this episode as well, fitting seamlessly into each scene, especially the somber moments.

Like I pointed out in the previous episode. I am not sure if Uryu knows about how his mother died, but it's unlikely that he didn't find out or that his family didn't tell him. So it's weird that he would even agree to see Yhwach in the first place, especially garbed in the Quincy cloaks like he is ready to join them. I guess we will see what's going on there next season.

Ichigo's new zanpakto is quite unique looking. It will be cool to see how it's utilized and how different it is compared to his first zanpakto.

In regards to this first season of the final arc, it had major pacing issues and surprisingly I think the music was not as magnificent as what I was expecting from Shiro Sagisu. While there were a couple of nice new tracks and the old tracks were remixed and reutilized well enough, I just think I was expecting a little more from the music department. Though that's a nitpick. The real issue was the pacing and how it affected some episodes. A few episodes had really rushed moments and the whiplash between two halves of some of the episodes could feel quite weird and probably could have been fixed if they let some of the scenes breathe a bit longer.

I think another part of the problem, and potentially the biggest problem, is just how different the tone is between the original series and this season. Since I rewatched Bleach right before watching this arc, the quick pace and serious dark tone really felt out of place. Though it makes sense considering the nature of the arc, it's impossible to ignore how different it is from the original series. On a similar note, the art style change and the change of pace similarly affect the viewing experience.

That being said, judging this arc on its own merits it was still a fantastic watch and it was great seeing the final arc of the manga finally be adapted after all these years waiting. The animation had some great moments to shine, especially in the Yamamoto fight, and the anime had some original scenes expanding on the manga. Additionally, the world building and the character building were some of the best the series has put out so far, while finally putting stakes in the story where important good characters die, which provides some necessary tension in an arc this dark. So while I would say I liked the original series of Bleach more, this season is still an easy 10 out of 10 for me.
anime-primeDec 26, 2022 2:21 PM
Dec 26, 2022 9:54 AM
Jun 2021
I wasn't ready for this cour ending already😭

10/10 adaptation
Dec 26, 2022 9:56 AM

Apr 2021
An excellent ending to the season. The blade within truly expresses the current Ichigo.
It will be interesting to see how his Bankai will turn out.

... and Uryuu 😣
I knew that was coming but it still hurt. DAMN!

Fall 2022 is the most Unforgettable anime season of all time

Dec 26, 2022 9:58 AM

Jun 2014
Man having Number One kick in there was amazing, see you all in July.
Dec 26, 2022 9:59 AM

Apr 2021
GoldenSaltPillar said:
still a bit sad about lack of Rukia peach
Call about a man of culture. I was also, hoping to see some. Well, overall, the season was PEACH PERFECt.

Fall 2022 is the most Unforgettable anime season of all time

Dec 26, 2022 9:59 AM

Oct 2017
The squad captains who lost their bankai are training hard. Hopefully their training will pay off. Zangetsu reveal was nice. Ichigo's dual zanpakuto scene was epic. The animation was literally fire, specially with number one playing in the background.

This has been a really good season overall, production was top tier. The action scenes were really well done. Really hyped for upcoming cour. See ya all in summer 2023 and hopefully there won't be any delay.
Dec 26, 2022 10:00 AM

Apr 2021
What a finale!!!! Man was this episode good!!! They played the 'Number One' OST in this episode!! Let's goo!!!! That scene was just AWESOME!!!!

So we now finally know the complete truth about Ichigo. His past in the previous two episodes and now about his Zanpakuto in this episode. Ngl, I still found it to be a bit confusing especially with things like "I'm Zangetsu" and "I'm not Zangestsu". But I don't really care. This episode was fire and I got the gist of it. I loved the part where all the Asauchi just knelt down before Ichigo and Ichigo went on to pick his own sword. And yes he has two swords now. He can dual wield now. My boy's gotten super powerful with this.

Overall this was a fantastic arc. I'm hyped for the upcoming one's cuz the story's just gonna get better from here!!!!
9/10
Joel77Dec 26, 2022 10:11 AM
Dec 26, 2022 10:01 AM

Jul 2011
Was great to see how some characters are preparing for the next invasion.

Out of the forging Zanpakutous, Tsumiko is severely getting the short straw. Have to extract a tooth to use make her part.

Yhwach was handsome when young, I wonder what made him decide go from a stylish look to a mutton chop turned moustache.
Dec 26, 2022 10:03 AM

Dec 2015
What an episode. They really pulled it off perfectly

Dec 26, 2022 10:04 AM
Jan 2021
The blade
Is
Me.
Can anything get better than this.... Holly peak fiction
Dec 26, 2022 10:09 AM
Dec 2022
Mera being the best girl as always,good taste Ohetsu.Also good for Ichigo to finally make peace with both his Hollow and Quincy counterparts by forging them into zanpakto. Uryu involvement will be a stinger with how close their relationship is. Overall a very solid ending for a cour. And number one for the ED is just the most appropriate song for such an ending.

P.S Also damn never thought Komamura elder is that big of a doggo
Dec 26, 2022 10:09 AM
Oct 2021
I'm a bit ashamed of this but... even though I read the manga a while ago, I still cried when Zangetsu told Ichigo goodbye. This adaptation has blowed my expectations out of the water, thank you studio Pierrot for this 1st cour.

10/10
Dec 26, 2022 10:11 AM
Oct 2022
nah this cour was fucking brilliant honestly couldn't have asked more our decade long wait didn't go to waste can't wait for the 2nd cour to arrive 😩
Dec 26, 2022 10:26 AM

Aug 2021
It hits really hard when ichigo's theme plays in background
Dec 26, 2022 10:30 AM

Aug 2019
Shouldn't it rather have been "the blades are me" with the dual wielding

Had to have number 1 in the background to end the cour off

Dec 26, 2022 10:33 AM

Jan 2019
10/10
Ichigo making amends with both his Quincy and Hollow sides and finally accepting them as his own, they handled it so well. This cour was perfect.
Dec 26, 2022 10:37 AM

May 2012
The way they handled Blade and Me and Blade is Me couldn't have been done any better. The journey of self-discovery and self-acceptance to reach higher heights. The subtle sound effects, using the faintest sounds of wind, the camera perspective moving around slowly, atmospheric abstract color schemes and the spinning particles of Ichigo's soul reflecting their faces. But man the voice acting hits too. Immersive experience.
The amount of subtext in this season of Bleach is quite impressive, as well.

Time to rewatch.
k11chiDec 26, 2022 11:08 AM
Dec 26, 2022 10:38 AM

Aug 2022
Oh boy...that was awesome. 2nd cour in July! HYPED!
Dec 26, 2022 10:39 AM
Jun 2020
Couldn’t have asked for a better adaptation of Ichigo and Zangetsu’s final encounter. Perfect end to an amazing batch of episode. July can’t come fast enough
Dec 26, 2022 10:39 AM
Sep 2020
5hadow17 said:
Shouldn't it rather have been "the blades are me" with the dual wielding

Had to have number 1 in the background to end the cour off
Will be a bit spoiler territory:
Dec 26, 2022 10:42 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Zangetsu, the real Ichigo´s arm appears!!!! kekeke

Great season, short but intensive!!!

9/10
Dec 26, 2022 10:57 AM
Jul 2021
Amazing. The scenery + atmosphere with the sounds and animation, were just insane
Dec 26, 2022 10:57 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The Asauchi bowing to Ichigo after he found his roots was a cool gesture. Bit it served to make that scene that much more dramatic. Toshiro opting to retrain from the bottom by asking and not demanding really shows his humility. Mashiro's as goofy as ever. But its nice to see that the captains and LT's are working hard to retrain themselves. Loved the way the bodyguards were introduced though. Kinda reminds me of the super sentai series. The heart to heart with the personification of his hollow powers though was pretty insightful. Now that Ichigo has his full powers back things will be much different. Overall a pretty solid finale that while balancing out lore also did the same with character expansion as well. Looking forward to seeing the next season next year.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2022 10:59 AM

Jun 2014
Now that he knows the full truth about his lineage and Zangetsu, Ichigo has awakened even greater power. Meanwhile, Uryu has gone to Yhwach's side. Summer 2023 can't get here any faster man, I can't wait. 

They handled the massive infodump that we got in this double length finale very well. Who am I kidding, this whole season was handled amazingly. They clearly poured all their heart and soul into this, and I'm so happy Bleach received such a great return after a decade. And most importantly, I'm glad that Kubo gets to fix certain things so that he can tell this story the way he wasn't able to in the manga. I can't wait for the next part to see this story continue. 
thebrentinator24Dec 26, 2022 11:05 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 26, 2022 11:15 AM
Jan 2021
This episode was just OverPowered from start to end!! I just wanna say one thing Pierrot NAILED it!!!!!!!
Dec 26, 2022 11:29 AM
Aug 2019
they are rockin' the fuck out of this adaptation, YYAAASSSSS
Dec 26, 2022 11:34 AM
Oct 2022
It was a legendary season finale, thank you bleach
Dec 26, 2022 11:34 AM

Aug 2020
3.5/5

Wow, what an episode!! Everything seems to have come full circle, atleast interms of setup and progression. This episode was a pure nostalgia trip with genius writing from Kubo and execution from Perriot

I was visibly giddy throughout the the episode as the reveals slowly crept in with these poignant direction and animation. The confrontation between Ichigo and his perceived blade was immaculate. His Zanpaktou was Ywch's essence after all and by the end guided by both his quincy and hollow roots, Ichigo unleashes two new Zanpaktous. THE BLADE IS HIM indeed

Great Adaptation. Sure, it was sloppy sometimes but Perriot could easily call this their best work so far and most of the community will agree. Next cour in about 6 months so waiting will be a drag but can't wait for more insanity, hype, match ups next time around!! Until then folks ~~
2Birds1StonedJan 17, 2023 4:18 PM
Dec 26, 2022 11:46 AM

Feb 2008
Great finale to an overall great season! Loved how it ended with Number One playing.
And now we wait till July for part 2
Dec 26, 2022 11:46 AM

Mar 2021
"arigato zangetsu" you cant argue this is not peak fiction
Dec 26, 2022 11:48 AM

Jan 2008
Ooh.. I really want to see his clan's technique so hopefully Sajin wins against the Great Elder.

Ichigo only using a fraction of his power and still beating everybody until now is insane. Uryu going to Yhwach's side isn't surprising but damn.

Edit: Question answered. :)
memorieswithinDec 26, 2022 11:52 AM
Dec 26, 2022 11:49 AM

Apr 2018
Oh man, the soundtrack "Number One" playing was just INCREDIBLE. Man, Zangetsu's reveal and Ichigo's dual zanpakuto was just fucking crazy. Hands down one of the best episodes and the special ED makes it even better. I can't wait for the second cour, sadly, its gonna take a few monhts. 

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Dec 26, 2022 11:50 AM

Oct 2017
memorieswithin said:
Ooh.. I really want to see his clan's technique so hopefully Sajin wins against the Great Elder.

Ichigo only using a fraction of his power and still beating everybody up until now is insane. Uryu going to Yhwach's side isn't surprising but damn.

@ People who've read the manga: If they keep doing 13 episode adaptions.. how many would it take to complete it? Just curious.
It was already announced that it will be four split cours.
Dec 26, 2022 11:52 AM

Jan 2008
MegamiRem said:
memorieswithin said:

Ichigo only using a fraction of his power and still beating everybody up until now is insane. Uryu going to Yhwach's side isn't surprising but damn.

@ People who've read the manga: If they keep doing 13 episode adaptions.. how many would it take to complete it? Just curious.
It was already announced that it will be four split cours.
Ohh, I think I missed that part of the announcement. Oops.

Thanks! 
Dec 26, 2022 11:54 AM
Jun 2021
Lmao finally after the reveal i can see that zangetusu looks like Yhwach. IchigO got his true power but Ishida joins the Sternriiters. Have to wait half an year for more hopefully Pierrot keeps up with the quality.
Dec 26, 2022 11:59 AM
Jun 2016
Best anime ever
cant wait for the rest of episodes
Dec 26, 2022 12:01 PM
Jul 2020
Do I need to say anything? I need to talk? Isn't it obvious that Bleach was the best anime of the year?? Speechless, just thank for being able to witness this moment
Dec 26, 2022 12:04 PM
Oct 2022
11/10 episode shiro blessed us again with his music
Dec 26, 2022 12:07 PM
May 2015
What an absolutely underwhelming season. Nice art and animation aside, this season didn’t add much narratively. It was legitimately just panel for panel the manga outside of the fights. The Uryu parts especially were disappointing. There were even details cut from the manga and they really butchered the Kenpachi segment with awkward structuring which was much better in the manga despite still being lacking. I’m sure this is what fans want, but as someone who didn’t care for this arc in the manga and got interested in the anime when I heard Kubo was adding things to the anime to flesh it out, I didn’t expect the additions to be so paltry.
ShamankinguYohDec 26, 2022 12:13 PM
Dec 26, 2022 12:13 PM
Nov 2020
the end of the episode is fire
Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2022

412 by Avsar_Gazozu »»
Apr 10, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

k11chi - Oct 9, 2022

1852 by Avsar_Gazozu »»
Apr 9, 11:42 AM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 14, 2022

694 by Listone »»
Mar 25, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

anime-prime - Dec 26, 2022

147 by Stylefarman »»
Mar 21, 3:59 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

anime-prime - Dec 19, 2022

218 by Stylefarman »»
Mar 21, 3:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.