Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2022 7:48 AM

Oct 2007
I don't get why the Hinrigngh mafia guy was ready to commit suicide just to test the theory. They could have sent another decoy in. Although it's clear their last 2 decoys might have given away too much information already.

Just an exploration chapter. So 2 chapters left up until a possible massive hiatus. Hope for the best, maybe we get some good chunk of plot development or story next 2 chapters.. :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2022 10:39 AM

Apr 2016
I wasn't sure if we were going to have another chapter of flashback but it looks like we're back into the current storyline, there are still some things I want to see about the Phantom Troupe's past like the Kurta massacre, but I'm sure those things are just being saved for later.
Hinrigh seems to fit in well with the Phantom Troupe, maybe he will end up getting involved in their battle with Hisoka in the future. That is if he doesn't end up dying here lol
Either way I think he has a cool ability that he always finds interesting ways to use.
Also the author note from Togashi was interesting, if I understand right he said the next 30 chapters have already been sketched out and they just need to be finished. That's good news! We may get a break coming up but I very much doubt it will be as long as the last one.
Dec 9, 2022 12:22 PM

Aug 2020
3.5/5

The Troupe saga has ended....for now. I wouldn't be surprised if Togashi brings it up again sometime in the future because there are still too many blanks left to be filled but for now, we move

We start of immediately with the troupe members we were following before the flashback. They're pondering all the possibilities of this Conjured nen trap with their own theories & speculations as they do in a Togashi manga. He leaves no stones unturned. They're also using the mafia goon for their experiments. I love how Phinks &:Nobu are bickering while Feitan threatens the poor goon beyond recovery.

Wang & Henrigh then show up to them and Henrigh specifically volunteers himself and his nen to the troupe without second thoughts. He creates an oyster from a recording device and offers them to the troupe members whose respective disdain towards the idea of swallowing it was hilarious. Henrigh again without any concerns swallows it himself and volunteers to go to the trap himself as he supposedly "trust" the troupe to finish after him Incase he gets bodied.

He's immediately teleported to this gloomy & eerie room full of blood & entrails, which he deduces to be the Hi-ley family hideout. He scans the room for a while only to find that Nobu has joined him too. They have banters on how to proceed and Nobu continuously boasts Henrigh's non-chalant and efficient behavior even letting him address him without any honorifics. Idk why but Nobu could be auditioning Henrigh for the troupe but little does he know that Henrigh is an important key in finding out Hisoka's whereabouts. The chapter ends with them getting ready to enter this butcher room we saw few chapters ago

Nobu and Henrigh might bite the dust next chapter because of that random and eerie panel of Morena and these ruthless Hi-ley members might get to em. I don't want them to be written off but I wouldn't be surprised if Togashi decides to do it. Anyways, a good chapter that is building suspense to a very grim reality plus the art was also insanely better than it has been in a while
2Birds1StonedDec 16, 2022 2:02 PM
Dec 9, 2022 1:10 PM

Oct 2007
SamBlack said:
Also the author note from Togashi was interesting, if I understand right he said the next 30 chapters have already been sketched out and they just need to be finished. That's good news! We may get a break coming up but I very much doubt it will be as long as the last one.

No way! Is that for real? Sounds too good to be true. Still pessimistic after the 4 years wait.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2022 2:34 PM

Apr 2016
JudgeRuthless said:
SamBlack said:

No way! Is that for real? Sounds too good to be true. Still pessimistic after the 4 years wait.

That is at least what it seemed to say from his author note, he also said he wants to draw them quickly so I really doubt that we will have another long wait for the next chapters!
Dec 9, 2022 3:56 PM
Dec 2013
Yep. The Phantom Troupe flashback is indeed over, and we're back to the present. So in other words, that last chapter was most likely the last time we'd ever see Uvogin, Pakunoda and Shalnark (as well as Kortopi) for the rest of the manga. We still don't know where the "Phantom" part of the name comes from, or why they got spider tattoos. But we do know how it all began.

Okay chapter. Hinrigh and the Phantom Troupe have teamed up. The PT didn't trust Hinrigh completely at first, but it seems Nobunaga should now trust Hinrigh after teleporting after him and seeing how he'd react.
wildhoodDec 9, 2022 4:00 PM
Dec 9, 2022 4:04 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Enjoyable read and interesting chapter although not too much happened.

Hinrigh is really growing on me as a character.
Dec 9, 2022 4:05 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
SamBlack said:
JudgeRuthless said:

That is at least what it seemed to say from his author note, he also said he wants to draw them quickly so I really doubt that we will have another long wait for the next chapters!

I saw a comment on TCB Scans, apparently it's a slight translation error. They have "written" not "drawn" the next 30 chapters.
Dec 9, 2022 5:49 PM

Aug 2021
Hinrigh gets involved with the PT, which was plausible sooner or later. Wang is suspicious imo, recommending Hinrigh to the Troupe, and with that terrifying smile he gave before. Anyways, looking forward how team Nobunaga gets past this secret door. On a side note, the double-spread with Hinrigh was refreshing, hope he survives the future chapters.
Dec 9, 2022 8:55 PM

Feb 2022
Well we went back to the ship chapters and it was very good

A curious fact is that when Feitan is angry he speaks so badly, so calm down people who think that the translations are bad

I like Nobunaga too much
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Dec 9, 2022 9:51 PM

Apr 2016
anime_on_demand said:
SamBlack said:

I saw a comment on TCB Scans, apparently it's a slight translation error. They have "written" not "drawn" the next 30 chapters.

That would make more sense, hopefully he is able to keep a healthy pace and take care of himself!
Dec 10, 2022 5:19 AM
Nov 2009
I'm liking this dynamic between the troupe and Hinrigh. Chapter felt like a co-op horror game, very ominous.
Dec 10, 2022 7:04 AM

Oct 2007
mikzflava said:
I'm liking this dynamic between the troupe and Hinrigh. Chapter felt like a co-op horror game, very ominous.

You think he'll become a spider? The spiders do need to fill in their ranks at some point anyway.
Dec 11, 2022 5:21 AM
Nov 2009
JudgeRuthless said:
mikzflava said:

You think he'll become a spider? The spiders do need to fill in their ranks at some point anyway.

Don't think he'll become one unless for some reason he becomes loyal to Chrollo. There's a theory that the Hisoka we saw talking to Hinrigh was actually Chrollo in disguise though.

But who knows it feels more like these recent chapters are lowkey death flags to the troupe.
Dec 11, 2022 7:36 AM

Jan 2013
TsushimaMartin said:
Well we went back to the ship chapters and it was very good

A curious fact is that when Feitan is angry he speaks so badly, so calm down people who think that the translations are bad

I like Nobunaga too much

Feitan's mother language is Chinese. He always spoke in bad Japanese/English/whatever language you're reading it. The one time he spoke in Chinese was in his battle with one of the Chimera ants.

REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Dec 11, 2022 8:52 AM

Jul 2022
I'm glad we're out of the flashback and into some REALLY good stuff!! Nobunaga is becoming really cool in my eyes, and I've been really beginning to like Hinrigh since the start of this batch of chapters. Seeing the two of them team up is really cool.

Very nice and cohesive chapter this time around, even if some of the Nen explanation was a little redundant, I liked them walking through it and figuring everything out. We are so close to a confrontation of this mafia subplot.... So exciting

Dec 11, 2022 1:12 PM
Mar 2018
bird eyes guy really cool
Dec 11, 2022 3:41 PM

Mar 2014
Nobunaga and Hinrigh teaming up is bound to be amazing. Hinrigh is proving to be so badass, he will stop at nothing to achieve his goals even if that means putting himself in potentially fatal situations. His nen ability is goat as well. I only hope him and Nobunaga will make it out just fine.
Dec 11, 2022 8:40 PM
Oct 2011
SHINOBI-03 said:

Feitan's mother language is Chinese. He always spoke in bad Japanese/English/whatever language you're reading it. The one time he spoke in Chinese was in his battle with one of the Chimera ants.

This is a misconception. He speaks flipped Japanese when angry.
Dec 11, 2022 11:23 PM

Mar 2012
Corporal_Atlas said:
SHINOBI-03 said:

No his language is usually broken even when calm. 2011 anime fucked this up but 1999 portrayed this way better.
End Zionazism
Dec 12, 2022 11:01 AM
Mar 2015
the bait disappeared from the room
Dec 12, 2022 1:21 PM
Nov 2016
I've been shitting on this manga a lot lately but this was a surprisingly good chapter, it even had decent art so yeah, this chapter gets a pass.

The Spiders are one of the best things this manga has to offer so seeing them doing their thing in the present is pretty cool.
xZabuzaxDec 18, 2022 10:36 AM
Dec 13, 2022 12:30 AM
Sep 2016
okokokokokokokokokokokokokokokok
Dec 17, 2022 12:02 PM

Aug 2021
best chapter since the return. feels like we're actually progressing somewhere
Dec 19, 2022 3:43 AM
Oct 2011
Mikasa said:
Corporal_Atlas said:

No his language is usually broken even when calm. 2011 anime fucked this up but 1999 portrayed this way better.

I meant the language he speaks when he's mad. People call it Chinese as a misconception. Feitan speaks broken Japanese normally and Japanese that is literally flipped(presumably his native language) when angry.
Jan 1, 2023 11:38 AM

May 2021
I'm with you Nobunaga. I am beginning to like Hinrigh myself.

Also, the dialogue was very much readable in this chapter, especially when compared to the usual from this arc.

Jan 12, 2023 1:04 AM

May 2020
Would've wanted the flashback to continue but oh well, here we are back at the succession war.

The trio of troupe and Hinrigh form an unusual pair but guess anything to decimate the opponent family.
Jul 31, 2023 4:50 PM

Feb 2018
Nobunaga has been so enjoyable to follow. Hinrigh seems way too ballsy but he talks the walk and he walks the walk, no doubt about that :p
Feb 14, 10:17 PM

Nov 2015
2Birds1Stoned said:
He's immediately teleported to this gloomy & eerie room full of blood & entrails, which he deduces to be the Hi-ley family hideout.

man, I've seen bloody rooms and this one is very mild 👎 I've expected silent hill levels of gore but it's just a stupid laundry room.
2Birds1Stoned said:
Nobu and Henrigh might bite the dust next chapter because of that random and eerie panel of Morena and these ruthless Hi-ley members might get to em. I

Ah, c'mon. the PT usually does pretty well against enemies even with the ants and that was unexpected. I mean it will not be that uneven which would make things more interesting imo

SamBlack said:
That's good news! We may get a break coming up but I very much doubt it will be as long as the last one.

guys it's been a year and something 😭short break my ass

💢

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 63 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 13, 2014

6 by Waddledont »»
Apr 14, 5:16 PM

» Chapter 401 will come out

georgecretuu1 - Mar 10, 2023

14 by StardustCursader »»
Apr 12, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 391 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ManWild - Oct 20, 2022

62 by removed-user »»
Mar 7, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 1 Discussion

Canute - Jun 1, 2013

16 by Joel77 »»
Feb 28, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 51 Discussion

Terrestrious - Jul 25, 2014

4 by Farm-key »»
Feb 18, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.