Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 9, 2022 6:20 AM

Feb 2019
There are many different shows about characters creating something of their own such as Eizouken, Nozaki-Kun or Bakuman, where the main character is inspired by something to create a manga or anime or whatever.

But this is the real world.

To my creators on MAL, have there been any shows that inspired you to create something of your own be it books, music, or even a game?

~~~

The show Shouwa Genroku inspired me recently to create recently. Even though it's about rakugo, a form of Japanese "stand-up" comedy, it inspired me to start writing. I often make up stories in my head and this show has gotten me to start putting pen to paper (digitally) and begin to create my very first novel.

『ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴ-ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴊᴜᴅɢᴇ ᴏꜰ ꜰɪʀᴇ』

Then her jaw slackened as she muttered out.
[I... am the bi◼️?]

☽ † ☾
- ᴅᴇʟɪᴠᴇʀɪᴇꜱ
- ꜱɪɢ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ʙʏ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴᴛᴡɪɢ

Dec 9, 2022 6:26 AM

Jun 2017
I can think of a few that made me want to procreate, does that count?

Dec 9, 2022 6:37 AM

Dec 2015
No idea if such creation will counts but there were some cases:

Drawing: Sao II, Love Live, Blade Dance, Akame Ga Kill, Date a Live, Isshuukan Friends, Chuunibyou, SAO Alicization, Re Zero, Oregairu, Infinite Stratos, Accel World, Black Rock Shooter, Code Geass, Kimi no Nawa, Inu x Boku SS, Absolute Duo, Kantai Collection, Your Lie in April, Steins Gate, Anohana, Nagi no Asukara, Little Busters, SAO Ordinal Scale, Angel Beats, Bleach, Bleach TYBW, Fate series, Plastic memories, Blend S, Violet Evergarden.

Music [Only Nightcore]: Fire Force II, Sao Alicization, AOT Final Season, Jujutsu Kaisen, Spider Isekai, Log Horizon S3, Re Zero S2, Dr. Stone S2, Koikimo.

AMV: Violet Evergarden, Fire Force I, Jujutsu Kaisen.

I think that's all.
Dec 9, 2022 6:41 AM

Apr 2020
After the Isekai where the MC is reincarnated as a vending machine begins airing, I'm pretty sure a lot of people will start thinking "If this crap got greenlit into being animated, I can make my story get published for sure".
Dec 9, 2022 6:47 AM

May 2019
Keiki Haniyasushin makes me wanna create.

Dec 9, 2022 6:48 AM

May 2020
Its tough to say but I think hunter x hunter was my biggest inspiration for taking up drawing manga as a hobby.
Dec 9, 2022 7:44 AM

Jul 2021
my waifus encouraged me to draw them. i draw them like twice a year during holidays. i drew rem from re:zero this year and also anya because she's cute and not because she's my waifu.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Dec 9, 2022 7:53 AM

Sep 2021
might be a little weird but my favorite mangas and animes like like Berserk and etc kinda made me want to create my own little series, I don't ever intend on bringing it to life mostly cause I probably can't but I did end up envisioning a little world in my own head
Dec 9, 2022 7:55 AM

Oct 2019
idk if this is the answer you're looking for, but princess principal was one of my main inspirations for a story that I am working on.

it's not too related, but i did take some notes from the setting.
Also available at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
An AMV I that I spend way too much time on:
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Dec 9, 2022 8:15 AM
Jun 2016
For me it's SukaSuka soundtrack Scarborough Fair brought me back to the guitar practice I drop
Dec 9, 2022 8:39 AM

Dec 2021
I'm not good at drawing or music. But certain shows has inspired me to write some stories. Poco's Udon World is one of them.

Not anime but a cartoon "Gravity Falls" inspired me to create some ciphers and a bunch of code snippets to encode-decode them.
Dec 9, 2022 8:50 AM
Oct 2019
The only thing that anime has inspired me to create is shitposts like this (I know Kris as Eren doesn't look very good. I'm not a very good artist)
Dec 9, 2022 8:52 AM
Jul 2018
Shinsekai yori made me extremely jealous of the author's fascinating creativity, Prison School's author had an extremely good and detached sense of humor, Uchouten Kazoku was very warm, Kiseijuu, though not very proficient, felt very genuine, and Bunny Girl Senpai showed me how you could blatantly rip off other media and still combine them in a novel way
Dec 9, 2022 9:19 AM

Aug 2020
A H-doujinshi made me start drawing. Guess this counts.

Dec 9, 2022 9:31 AM

Feb 2020
Naruto and Banana Fish made me write fanfictions, does that count? I even made one of them into a selfcreated book (physically) - that was some work.
The stain of red that colors the pavement
Painted with blood of somebody you love
Is this the sacrifice for the broken
Losing the purest of what's in your heart
Dec 9, 2022 10:01 AM

Mar 2015
All of them because I wish I could draw like all the great animators and mangakas. And a lot of characters make me want to create fanart of them :)
Dec 9, 2022 11:39 AM

Jun 2017
When i was in art class in school and we had free-draw fridays, i always just drew monsters based on Yugioh card art.
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
Dec 9, 2022 12:54 PM

Oct 2017
Kazuki Takahashi's work on the Yu-Gi-Oh franchise, Tite Kubo's work on Bleach, and Hirohiko Araki's work on Jojo have all been key influences on my aesthetic and creative choices for better or worse. The issue is when I compared my amateur still learning artwork to professionals ONE OF WHICH HAS LITERALLY BEEN FEATURED IN THE LOUVRE it can really be demotivating at times.
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Dec 9, 2022 5:35 PM

Oct 2022
I've created dozens of characters over the years, and artworks and stories.

But I don't agree with just wanting to copy a particular story. Inspiration is more general; like various different anime and anime-related artwork (take a look at Range Murata's books) inspire creativity in me; but I don't sit down and say "ok I like Character X so I want my creation to be just like Character X" with just some tweaks... there's no point to that.

Molly is a 'World Explorer' but I didn't think of any particular anime when designing her/her explorer outfit. What anime characters have khaki explorer uniforms- Riko?
But the story and character don't even resemble Made in Abyss in any way.

I have a crossover Fate story going that involves a SI version (nephew) of Kirei Kotomine summoning a servant who is another character I created years ago, that's up to 70 pages or so. But I only type into it for fun when I want some romance fantasy. But even so it's very loosely based on Fate, it changes the working of the Grail War, and all the characters apart from two are original. I joined fan fiction.net just to publish it but still haven't yet! It needs so much editing
SuperAdventureDec 9, 2022 5:40 PM
Dec 10, 2022 1:47 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
No my waifus Maki zenin and hizuru make me wanna destroy everything with a sledgehammer

Dec 10, 2022 2:07 AM

Nov 2022
It is not anime, but rather spamming forums and long tl;dr correspondence with someone kind of inspired me to be a writer.
Buy my awesome BDSM male domination book here  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1174760

Visit my Discord https://discord.com/channels/1047490147794550844/1047490149161898039 I am not there most of the time but you can leave a message.

Or my blog here https://BDSMAnime.blogspot.com/
Or here https://BDSMAnime18.blogspot.com/

Submit to me and become my subject here https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=88107
Dec 10, 2022 2:39 AM

Oct 2022
Literally every manga & anime I've read/watch.

I wanted to creat my own little comic/story even before I start watching anime.
Dec 10, 2022 3:01 AM

Sep 2008
I take cues from most anime but currently it's:
shamanic princess
utena
precure
bleach
Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Dec 10, 2022 7:43 AM

Feb 2018
humantwig said:
Anime that made you want to create

that would have to be 1992's "Tenchi Muyo!"

"Princess Ayeka Jurai" inspired me to create in a whole new way (for me) two decades ago, when i got her 2001 TOYNAMI 11in. Character Doll,
wanting to dress her more to my personal taste, and learning Hand Sewing in order to get there;

That was then, This is now;

MasterTasukeDec 10, 2022 7:46 AM
Dec 10, 2022 8:11 AM
Apr 2022
i always wanted to create a series but always ends up cringe
Dec 10, 2022 8:12 AM

May 2018
This. Inspiring as hell.

More topics from this board

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase? ( 1 2 3 )

Catalano - Apr 25

124 by CosmicGirl08 »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Your favourite romance

Jackson_rajkumar - 6 hours ago

38 by BirdyTheMighty »»
7 minutes ago

» Are there Anime Industry People you hate like Voice Actor, Director, etc?

Dragevard - Apr 28

20 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
23 minutes ago

» What are some shows that are commonly credited to change someone's life?

APolygons2 - 1 hour ago

14 by armob »»
32 minutes ago

» Why do veteran weebs hate "casuals"?

Clovis - Yesterday

46 by BirdyTheMighty »»
39 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.