Forum Settings
Forums

genres or specific themes you wish got more attention

New
Dec 8, 2022 1:17 AM

Dec 2020
presuming it doesn't matter whether it's popular or not,

if there were to be a sudden recent boost in more anime being made for a specific genre or thing what'd you want it to be? personally it'd be cool to see a giant space anime flood out of nowhere, or for some kind of punk themed anime.
I like Közi a healthy amount.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
This is no joke I'm really going to do it this time.
Dec 8, 2022 1:29 AM

Feb 2020
Definitely Girls Love, Iyashikei, and Pets.
Dec 8, 2022 1:42 AM

Dec 2018
I love shows with historical settings! Anime is surprisingly lacking in utilising such settings, it’s all set in the modern day or in a vague final fantasy esque fantasy worlds with little aesthetic or cultural ties to real life places.

We need more historical dramas!
Dec 8, 2022 2:07 AM

Jun 2016
I want more android chicks to satisfy my fetish.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Dec 8, 2022 2:19 AM

May 2020
I would love to see some realistic space travel anime (i.e. no super powers and no warp engines). I have a couple of things in my watch list that might fit the bill but overall I think there could be some fresh stories to tell there.
Dec 8, 2022 2:40 AM

May 2019
Medieval High Fantasy Combat Ecchi.
Dec 8, 2022 2:58 AM

Oct 2020
Need more nihilistic themes in anime .
Dec 8, 2022 3:11 AM

Sep 2021
I need more dark fantasy anime and/or anime with themes that revolve around people's perception of the truth/value of existence, whether its nihilism like ^^^ or something else
Dec 8, 2022 3:16 AM

Apr 2018
I wish there were anime based on a person's real life I just know one ghibli movie, there should be more psychological horror or survival horror anime and an anime on chess, not Japanese shogi.

Dec 8, 2022 3:18 AM

Dec 2020
Non harem romance animes without love polygon drama. Even better if they are set in a fantasy world and the characters belong to the aristocracy.

Dec 8, 2022 3:25 AM
Dec 2022
Fang_Tooth said:
a giant space anime .

What's a giant space anime exactly ? A poll would be also nice here.
Dec 8, 2022 3:28 AM
Dec 2022
NekoZamurai said:
I wish there were anime based on a person's real life .

There are two anime based on Anne Frank's life and Miyamoto Musashi anime live action mixed documentary. There is also this https://myanimelist.net/anime/1206/Ihatov_Gensou__Kenji_no_Haru
Dec 8, 2022 3:37 AM

Jun 2016
There are some tags with barely any available anime like medical or delinquent and I'd like to see more of them.
Dec 8, 2022 4:02 AM

Jan 2008
GL and BL

They need more variety and better writing. Far too few good ones in it

edit: yeah I'm down for more delinquint.
Also adult cast or college settings
Dec 8, 2022 4:17 AM

Jul 2021
we need more depressing animes. there's too much of hopefullness, happiness, power of friendship, happy life, giving up on revenge etc. we need some real dark shit with bad guys doing bad things and them winning. there should be hopelessness, terror, fear, everything should be fucked. it should make not only make the characters who are suffering depressed but the viewers watching the anime too. animes which will make you question if any human is even capable of performing acts like this, even in fiction.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Dec 8, 2022 7:53 AM

Jul 2019
I wish anime gods to terminate and erase all Isekai-based anime from existence!

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Dec 8, 2022 7:55 AM
Dec 2022
LordSozin said:

Feeling extra edgy and flamy today huh ?
Dec 8, 2022 8:06 AM

Aug 2021
Girls Love with ecchi and ecchi with monster girls.

Dec 8, 2022 8:12 AM

Jul 2019
sakopp said:
LordSozin said:

Feeling extra edgy and flamy today huh ?

No. Just a true sentiment. That's all.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Dec 8, 2022 8:32 AM

Dec 2021
Iyashikei, Childcare, Historical

Monochrosanity said:

This

NekoZamurai said:
an anime on chess, not Japanese shogi.

This

Thanatos1 said:
Non harem romance animes without love polygon drama. Even better if they are set in a fantasy world and the characters belong to the aristocracy.

And definitely this

Dec 8, 2022 8:35 AM

Jul 2015
Avant Garde. There are not enough amount of Avant Garde shows.
Dec 8, 2022 8:41 AM

Mar 2021
It would hv been better if historical genre got more attention
Monochrosanity said:
I love shows with historical settings! Anime is surprisingly lacking in utilising such settings, it’s all set in the modern day or in a vague final fantasy esque fantasy worlds with little aesthetic or cultural ties to real life places.

Dec 8, 2022 8:43 AM

Jul 2022
Monochrosanity said:

yes, yes, yes!!! donghuas are doing better in that area.
I am out with lanterns looking for myself.

-- emily dickinson --
Dec 8, 2022 9:02 AM

Sep 2021
Need more tragedies in general. Not everything needs a happy end.
Dec 8, 2022 9:07 AM

Jun 2021
Historical fantasy without Josei/shoujo aspects. Bakarina kinda sucks but Nee-chan Maaya Uchida (sister with Japan's hawtest shitposter) is kinda garbage but it is good for shits and giggles. It looks like a Ouran (worst manga ever). It's Kind Of Funny How Female Targetted LN GetcAway With Sexist Jokes More Than The Male Targetted Ones Do. #ReadtheBibleInstead.
ねえ、それはあなたです! あなたがカズマやトーマが好きなエッチ/ハーレムファンなら、女性を「平等に」扱うので、女性を殴る/軽蔑する2人のマッチョな男性か、Free!/YOIが好きだがフェアリーテイルの悪を話すTumblrファンガールです/ DxDとSAOは、ファンサービスがあり、アニメやマンガでBL / LGBTQ +ファンサービスが好きで、自分を「フェミニスト」と呼んでいるためです。自分は偽善者に過ぎず、価値観を再考し、これらの二重で停止する必要があることを知ってください。標準。 真剣に、それを止めてください😁。 #MenHaveTheRightToWorkInShortsInHotDays #MALMemberSince2010#Kirisuna Nico Nico no Hyouryuuken!
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMsHeAUgW0lgREhidvVfUeeXb2M5WTADZ (Music about God).

*Bill Clinton's voice* I did not have sexual relationships with that anime girl. *Hilary Clinton's voice* waifu's rights are human rights, and human rights are waifu's rights. *God Emperor Donald Trump's voice* Yaoi anime will soon be illegal. All fujos will be arrested.

Dec 8, 2022 9:14 AM

Mar 2012
I need more horror-mystery, there are hardly any (good) anime in the genre.
Dec 8, 2022 9:46 AM

Oct 2011
Monochrosanity said:

I agree with this, but usually Europe dominates with shows surrounding this genre. I was on a binge for a while watching historical drama period pieces (live action) and there's so many of them it felt endless but enjoyable to watch nonetheless and they usually have more mature themes in them as well.
Dec 8, 2022 10:07 AM

Jun 2022
Always a big fan of slice of life, I would want that to get more attention.
Dec 8, 2022 12:24 PM

Dec 2020
sakopp said:
Fang_Tooth said:
a giant space anime .

What's a giant space anime exactly ? A poll would be also nice here.

ah, I considered it but there might be too much to put on a poll, I was looking for more specific user thought up answers e.g. "chess"
my wording might have been weird there but I meant "giant space anime flood" as a big influence of space anime suddenly becoming popular, not as in "giant space" being the genre whoops

either way interesting answers given on the thread I like what a lot of people have said so far I'm glad I made it
I like Közi a healthy amount.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
This is no joke I'm really going to do it this time.
Dec 8, 2022 12:37 PM

Aug 2018
well, "Historical" might be the closest approximation. I just want to see more anime set in the victorian age. Steampunk works too. And not only because of the pretty girl clothes but because it's such a great setting for adventures.
Dec 8, 2022 12:49 PM
Feb 2020
I would love if the industry went back like the old times and made more anime with space or cyberpunk genres. Post apocalyptic is also a great genre that we do not see alot in anime which I would love to see it come back (example: Fist of the North Star.)
Dec 8, 2022 12:52 PM

Dec 2021
Umm Drama Romance, war, thriller,.
Hope to find that distinct person.
Dec 20, 2022 3:25 AM
Jul 2018
Avant-garde is the only one I can think of.
May 9, 2023 4:15 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Obviously mystery genre.. And youkia genre.. Hopefully a combination of both like in spectre..

May 9, 2023 4:39 AM

Aug 2010
Definitely historical, with focus on non-Japanese history. Also well written military stories would be nice. 

More topics from this board

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Yesterday

59 by Pinoffin »»
43 seconds ago

» Anime adaptation wish list

kuroneko99 - Apr 5

29 by Hitagi__Furude »»
44 seconds ago

» MULTIPLE UNRELATED anime that you think could be set in the same anime universe

IpreferEcchi - 1 hour ago

7 by Piromysl »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » can anime influence your dark side?

deg - 4 hours ago

13 by cyandaqil »»
10 minutes ago

» Underrated character designs/outfits you think are appealing / sexy

IpreferEcchi - 12 minutes ago

0 by IpreferEcchi »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.