Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 8, 2022 1:01 PM

Aug 2021
asa has negative game
Dec 8, 2022 2:25 PM
Jun 2021
Great chapter, liked the date, didn't expect it to end up like this lol

Nice character development from Denji when he said he decided to think by himself
サンタクロース?そんなのいるはずがないのだ!馬鹿なのか?ーーあ、あれ?今年はクリスマスプレゼント抜きなのか?ま、待つのだ!ちょっと話すのだ!サンタクロースがもしかしたらいるかもしれないのだー!
Santa Claus? Are you dumb? There's no way something like that could... Huh? There's going to be coal in my stockings this year? W-wait! Let's discuss this! I'm sure there's some possibility that Santa is real!
-雪風様 (Yukikaze-sama)
Dec 8, 2022 2:49 PM

Sep 2014
AlphaExtra said:
Comander-07 said:
Eternity devil is back, Im surprised that one would willingly come close to Denji ever again. Maybe Fami is forcing it?

When Devils reincarnate they lose their memories, so the Eternity Devil as of right now probably doesn't know about their fight in Part 1.
Right I completely forgot about that. Rip Power then, even if she somehow gets revived she wont be the same..
Considering most devils naturally fear chainsaw man I kinda assumed eternity devil would remember it.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 9, 2022 12:16 AM

Nov 2014
Best chapter yet. I love seeing Denji balk at Asa's "stop thinking" line. Shows that he did develop compared to part 1.
Hopefully Denji hits it off with Asa in the end cuz he definitely needs a friend right now.
Dec 9, 2022 10:39 AM

May 2020
Asa got negative rizz
Dec 9, 2022 2:58 PM

Sep 2020
Really good chapter, I love how we are getting the same devils again. I love Denji knowing who it is right away too.

I don’t like how they translated Fami’s name. Fami sounds bad but Kiga sounds cool. I’ll just refer to her as Kiga.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2022 6:32 PM
Aug 2017
JudgeRuthless said:
MegamiRem said:
So she was the famine devil and she even took Yoru damn.

It doesn't explain how Famine controls death. What are the rules of her powers? Now she controls space like the Eternity weirdo.

Sounds more like Makimo 2.0 that controls others. How did she displace Yoru?

Does Famine have control over Denji since he is hunger incarnate? Denji ate Makima. The chainsaw ate a bunch of many others. How does that impact famine's powers?

Also why did Yoru want to keep quiet about her?

My assumption is that Fami's power isn't about actual "food" hunger, but the idea of desire. She helps people achieve what they hunger for, which is why she's using the Eternity devil to create a situation where Asa gets what she wishes for. How she uses another devil like that is still a mystery tho :(
Dec 10, 2022 1:49 AM
Nov 2021
Asa spitting literally my textbook
The eternity devil is back what's gonna happen now...
Dec 11, 2022 12:45 PM

Nov 2019
Translating Asa's lecture must have been a big pain in the ass xd
Before this chapter I thought it is impossible to bore out Denji in a date, but surprisingly I have been proven wrong. I really hope we'll see the Famine devil more in the upcoming chapters, she seems to be an interesting character.
Dec 11, 2022 1:45 PM

Jun 2020
was good good job buddy
Dec 12, 2022 12:40 AM

Oct 2013
Fujimoto-sensei has nailed perfectly the atmosphere during Asa's monologue. Readers could relate to Denji and how he was utterly bored by Asa proceeding to talk about ocean life facts. I didn't expect her to turn out to be such a bore.

I really like the fact that Part 2 of Chainsaw Man is full of such moments. They resemble me of Fujimoto-sensei's very good one-shot mangas.

Too bad Denji couldn't see penguins, after all.

Famine has revealed herself and shortly after took Yoru away, somewhere. I wonder how the whole situation with Denji and Asa will turn out to be in the end.
Dec 13, 2022 7:17 AM
Jun 2017
Asa be looking like Jotaro Kujo with these sea animal facts
Dec 14, 2022 4:05 PM

Jan 2021
Asa is pretty boring lol, Denji just wants to see the penguins but uh oh! the famine devil is here!!!!! So this will basically be the eternity devil arc of part 2, awesome!
Dec 14, 2022 4:59 PM
Jun 2022
Unrelated but does anyone get carthris from reading this I think that's the appeal of this manga.
Dec 15, 2022 11:21 AM

Jul 2021
marine biology lesson, also Asa is the rizz devil.
Dec 16, 2022 2:13 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Denji can't catch a break, cole on Fujimoto.
Dec 16, 2022 9:57 AM

Mar 2017
I can see the mangaka is trying to prove a point. Probably read too much criticism about his writing style & previous works. As a result, he's trying to show everyone that he is capable of decompressed storytelling. However, he seems to be overcompensating a bit.
Dec 18, 2022 1:53 PM
May 2012
Tenemos una respuesta! ahora pasamos a la acción? también me podría esperar un capítulo de comedia o una de reflexión profunda, nunca se sabe xD
Dec 18, 2022 2:14 PM

Oct 2013
She sure do that alot. Also, gawd damnit. Freaking Eternity Devil
"We brawlers are sustained by willpower! Even when mocked as reckless and crazy!"
Dec 19, 2022 7:26 AM

Nov 2013
So the girl's a famine devil, and she has a contract with Infinity devil?

Whatever the case, Death devil better be as epic and terrifying as Darkness devil.

P.S Denji turning into a chainsawman, does that count as turning him into a weapon? :D
Dec 21, 2022 6:01 PM

Aug 2012
Heh, I really liked the decision to just re-use most of that page's drawings/layouts to highlight just how monotonous Asa's informational dronings are.
Dec 27, 2022 5:58 AM

Jul 2021
if asa wants to make her boring lectures more interesting for denji , she can do this : slowly $tripping her clothes while lecturing , lol .

page 7 :
- asa : Everything Is Just According to Keikaku . he should be falling in love with me around now .
- denji : yeah , im falling , alright , falling asleep , lol .

- asa : would you mind shutting up ? you are talking too much . and you dont know when to stop talking .
- denji : look who is talking , lol , hypocrisy .

page 8 : "you dont need to think about a thing" , i guess this was a line of makima in part 1 .

- war devil : ... asa ...
- famine devil : ... asa-chan ... , denji-kun ... , watashi am war devil 's onee-chan , famine devil . please call me " kiga-chan " , ... i took yoru outside of this building , it is only temporary ...

last page : so now asa and denji are alone in this place ? so that means they can freely make love in the next chapter , lol .
daywithoutgamesDec 27, 2022 6:36 AM

Hello everyone , please check out and subscribe to my youtube channel , DayWithoutAnime 2.0 DayWithoutGame , that has many meme , funny anime / manga videos , thank you :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFNBo_02wOQwRJ4HXlzC9dw
Jan 21, 2023 4:33 PM
Feb 2022
Me gusto, por el simple hecho de que Asa en serio piensa que va a conquistar a Denji por ser una enciclopedia parlante, solo para que la golpee la realidad de que le digan que es aburrida. Ya conocemos la identidad de la chica del club de Devil Hunters. Hola Kiga (demonio del hambre).
Feb 2, 2023 12:07 AM
Sep 2020
Ok interesting development

My initial thought was

Part 1 conflict
Part 2 war
Part 3 famine
Part 4 death

And per how the Horsemans are portrayed in the biblical texts

But after this we now get 7 seals and 7 scrolls ...ummm ??maybe

So if you think about it part 1 was about the control devil..more like the conflict

Here is the thing

Control is basically manipulation and manipulation is what causes conflict ..if it is done in a evil way

In part 1 u can clearly notice makima was manipulating everyone ..controlling everyone which lead to conflicts,confusion and havoc

..let me stop there

Let's move on to part 2
We now have Yoru..the holder of the War devil

War is chaotic ,mindless ..and a result of conflict and manipulation

If you pay close attention to asa and yoru..they are causing war..but they have no idea how to go about it in the correct way..that is ..in a way that would cause less casualties.Because conflict has already done it's part to cause the war to happen and the result of it is famine and finally death

All that was written above is just bait

Fujimoto is just reusing the Horsemans in every fight ..not so smart from him

Or he is just remaking part 1 all over again but this time giving us more details

Idk

What do you think?

Best chapter since a long time..really deep

Feb 14, 2023 2:56 PM

Feb 2022
Well Asa says very interesting facts but I really understand Denji's boredom, in the same way Denji just wanted to see the penguins and for that I respect him

Like the demon of hunger? Like an infinite aquarium?
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Mar 27, 2023 10:17 PM
May 2022
asa has gotta have asperger's or something lmao
Jun 4, 2023 11:08 AM
Feb 2021
We better get the four devils of the apocalypse up in this manga
Jun 29, 2023 12:13 PM

Oct 2013
You have to be very dense to bore a simpleton like Denji
Aug 8, 2023 3:18 AM
Nov 2022
PTM, Denji solo quería ver a los pingüinos como Anya 😢.
Aug 14, 2023 11:45 PM

Dec 2022
didn't really notice at first but Fami is a cutiepie
Oct 10, 2023 11:24 AM

Jan 2023
Funny and most importantly educational chapter! It became known what kind of girl she was. The end of the chapter is also interesting, has the demon from the first part returned?
Dec 26, 2023 12:23 PM
Apr 2020
Eternity Devil is back too? Kinda wish we got more new devils but this can be cool too. Also Asa barraging Denji with ocean facts was hilarious
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 163 Discussion

jas-samaaa - Apr 23

45 by DannyBimma »»
Today, 5:21 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 162 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 9

43 by FutureHendrix »»
Apr 22, 4:15 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 44 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kuma - Oct 25, 2019

52 by Hasanzade_S »»
Apr 21, 12:07 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 56 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2020

34 by Elijah0121 »»
Apr 20, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 52 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kuma - Dec 20, 2019

74 by Virtecek »»
Apr 18, 2:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.