Forum Settings
Forums

What have you regretted the most in your life?

New
Nov 18, 2022 3:41 PM

Apr 2021
When you look back at your life which do you regret the most: things you did which you shouldn't have done or things you didn't do which you should have done?

Nov 19, 2022 8:20 AM
Jul 2018
I only really regret playing video games so much. Living for entertainment alone is so depressing. It's still a hobby of mine, but being a top player just isn't worth it. Having a crafty hobby is just so much more fulfilling and it gives you something to cherish. Like, I don't care about any of my 100% save files of being a top 30 player on a server ten years ago. eSport is a different story and not one I'm familiar with, but I'm just speaking as the Average Person here. The best childhood memories are made outside or with friends.
Nov 19, 2022 8:31 AM

Feb 2020
Not helping my Mother more in her last days, and not spending more time in the Ambulance with her, I don't think I said goodbye properly.
Nov 19, 2022 8:33 AM

Sep 2018
Getting a student loan is my #1 regret by far.
Nov 19, 2022 10:29 AM

Oct 2015
I skipped out on going to Black Sabbaths last concert. I should have gone. I had the money etc but just decided not to at the last second.

Latest Blog: BLARE FEST 2023
Latest Review: Hyouka

Nov 19, 2022 10:33 AM

Aug 2009
Letting the ratio between talking to people in person and talking to people online lean extremely heavily towards talking to people online to the point of gaining speech impediments.

Nov 19, 2022 11:08 AM

Jul 2015
wasting a lot of time in my late teens / early 20s, trying to find my way in life and not really getting anywhere.

Would've been easier if I had just found the right career early, but I'm not too broken up about it. I am who I am now partially because of my mistakes, and the life experience I gained on the way was extremely helpful in many ways. I am on a good path now and not worse off for it.
"my life at this state could be transposed into a pretty massive biography"

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

MAL's most prolific antivaxxer, Noboru.
Nov 19, 2022 11:22 AM

Apr 2021
rohan121 said:

Don't worry Biden will remove it, Biden to cancel $10,000 in student loans for most borrowers
Nov 19, 2022 11:47 AM

Sep 2018
Rogerhunter said:
rohan121 said:

Don't worry Biden will remove it, Biden to cancel $10,000 in student loans for most borrowers

I get the 20,000 aid since I am low income which is nice, but I still got to continue paying my debt.
Nov 19, 2022 12:12 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
I wanna talk about it in a different post as I think it's unfair that op doesn't reveal his regret but wanna know ours...

Nov 19, 2022 1:52 PM

Jun 2008
Everything. I haven't even really lived yet.

hugging six rabbits and having pink nightmares
Nov 19, 2022 7:56 PM
Jul 2021
rohan121 said:
Rogerhunter said:

I get the 20,000 aid since I am low income which is nice, but I still got to continue paying my debt.

πŸ˜‚ What are the both of you talking about? Wasn't that shot down by a federal judge? To the point that even the potato in chief as already given up on this fake/failed pet project?
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🀣🀣🀣
Nov 19, 2022 8:03 PM

Feb 2021
Not quite sure what I have regretted the most in my life but one regret I have is trying to act cool infront of someone and it definetely being absolutely the most cringey shit ever:(. I've already gotten over that phase in my life though.
Nov 19, 2022 8:35 PM

Sep 2018
Dawizz said:
rohan121 said:

πŸ˜‚ What are the both of you talking about? Wasn't that shot down by a federal judge? To the point that even the potato in chief as already given up on this fake/failed pet project?

Not sure what will come of it at this point, but either way government loans are pretty low interest thankfully. The real risk loans are private. The loan delay for Federal student loans remains until January. Not sure if it will extend again, but it is best to be prepared.
Nov 19, 2022 9:40 PM
Jul 2018
I have regretted having regrets more than anything else. ;)
Nov 20, 2022 12:23 AM
Jul 2021
rohan121 said:
Dawizz said:

Not sure what will come of it at this point, but either way government loans are pretty low interest thankfully. The real risk loans are private. The loan delay for Federal student loans remains until January. Not sure if it will extend again, but it is best to be prepared.
Rogerhunter said:
rohan121 said:

I get the 20,000 aid since I am low income which is nice, but I still got to continue paying my debt. [/quote]

Dude if a fed judge said no bueno, it's no bueno, even this fake administration seems to have giving up on the idea, an illegal idea, thats why the potato in chief did not make such a fuss when the judge shut it down.

Besides, they don't need your vote anymore, at least for the next two years that is. You voted blue in 22 now hit the road Jack and don't come back until 24.

Now my biggest regret: I regret not going forward when I was eleven years old with the plan I had of whacking one of the biggest monsters I had back then. I had everything set in place, the date and means.

I had the butterfly knife hidden under a pillow, ready to be used, the day came by, him and I alone, both of us naked in bed, the time came for me to go ahead with the plan, he was distracted, his head buried deep between my legs. I moved my right hand under the pillow and then, then I chicken out, I froze, no idea why I froze.

But by chickening out I allowed that bastard to abuse me and my friends for 3 more years until we left he's AoA, we became "too old" for him, by not doing anything I also allowed him to rap* the boys that came after us, the next gen if you will.
Fudge it's only 8:20am and I already need a drink.
DawizzNov 20, 2022 12:29 AM
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🀣🀣🀣
Nov 20, 2022 12:29 AM

Jan 2017
Romaki26 said:
The best childhood memories are made outside or with friends.

oof, hit me in the feels.

while true the things i've achieved gave me a sense of purpose, momentarily.
the things i've had fond memories for are with other people.
Nov 20, 2022 12:56 AM

Oct 2022
There's this one person who was quite literally the most toxic person in my life. Nowadays, he's dead to me tho ( ´ ∀ `)γƒŽο½ž
Nov 20, 2022 1:56 AM

Oct 2022
I used to regret a lot, I dont regret anything anymore. Whatever happened has happened.
Nov 20, 2022 4:49 AM

Jul 2014
Mostly just opportunities I didn't think to take or was too lazy to take, but my bigest is actually something that happened this year that I'm still very ashamed at myself for. I'd really rather not share it.
Take care of yourself

Dec 6, 2022 12:27 AM

May 2017
Being a snitch in high school and keeping myself cooped up inside all the time as a teenager. I really wasted those years outside of a few things. Also never finding a good therapist.
Dec 6, 2022 12:52 AM

Jun 2017
Letting so many opportunities when it comes to my career and side projects and relationships slip away because of laziness and my own insecurities
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Dec 6, 2022 1:03 AM

Apr 2020
shouldve gotten my shit together earlier, keeping my laid back (lazy) attitude from hs through the first two years of uni fucked up my grades i had to retake some shit this semester and mightve lost my scholarship
Dec 6, 2022 3:26 AM

Jan 2021
How on earth is this considered a casual discussion?

Tipsy and giddy, away with all the riddles
Unbeknown and unconsumed they shine
The heart of the fire rekindles
Without needing to cross any line
Dec 6, 2022 7:54 AM

Mar 2012
Being born, wouldn't have to be stuck in this stupid cycle and social structure created by humans, wish my parents would have used a condom.
Dec 6, 2022 8:03 AM

Jan 2016
I regret a lot of things, but lately the thing that I regret most is how I treated someone the last time I saw them alive. Granted, she had treated my brother like shit and I was very pissed off about it. But she was my friend for seven years. She opened the door to their apartment and I just walked right by her without even saying a word. The hurt look on her face still haunts me to this day. A few days later, she died in a car accident.
Dec 6, 2022 9:16 AM

Aug 2012
Joining MyAnimeList LMFAO.

Regard not working at a young age.
Dec 6, 2022 9:34 AM

Jul 2015
Honestly? Nothing. I learnt around 25yo that if you're going to regret something, it's up to you to move your ass and keep it.

I just spent 5 years trying my best to fix a dying relationship with the love of my life. Now I'm walking away. No regret in both cases. If you're going to watch yourself do something you know you'll regret later, you're stupid. Period.
Dec 6, 2022 9:53 AM

Aug 2012
Deathko said:
Honestly? Nothing. I learnt around 25yo that if you're going to regret something, it's up to you to move your ass and keep it.

I just spent 5 years trying my best to fix a dying relationship with the love of my life. Now I'm walking away. No regret in both cases.

I'm little interested. How long were you together before it started dying?

I been married for nearly 10 years. Passions not as bright.

All my relationships in my Early 20s and teens were purely sex.
Order-SolDec 6, 2022 9:57 AM
Dec 6, 2022 10:45 AM

Jul 2015
Order-Sol said:
Deathko said:

I just spent 5 years trying my best to fix a dying relationship with the love of my life. Now I'm walking away. No regret in both cases.

7 years, on and off.
As I see it, passion comes and goes. If I listened to passion, it wouldn't have lasted long I guess. Lots of people around, hard to stay loyal if you listen to passion, I think. In my case, I spent the last 7 years deciding to love her every morning, even when it was shitty.
I can't promise the other party will feel and do the same, tho -___-
Dec 6, 2022 11:04 AM

Jan 2022
Not enlisting in the military right out of high school. I waited until after 9/11 when the towers came down cause I was in this filmmaker quest from age 16 to 21. I had a few things screened in Austin back when the Dobie Theater πŸ“½οΈ was still around, schmoozed with a few Hollywood types and got to meet my favorite actor Chow Yun Fat in 1998... But back then Indie filmmaking wasn't like now.

So I walked away from that and spent most of age 21 into 22 travelling and doing dumb shit with friends. After 9/11 I wanted to do my part and was shown the door when I learned I had Diabetes and Uncle Sam doesn't want to deal with that. So I ended up bouncing around for awhile in different jobs before going into the private sector as Security Enforcement working posts even Cops didn't go to unless unavoidable, that culminated in stupid Night Club Crowd Control from 2016 - 2020 that ended up being the worst of it with morons killing one another and always assaulting others for no reason and had to handle that shit. Body armor, pistols and shotguns and shit. Was dangerous and for awhile early I loved it... Walking the point in Gov Housing shit holes against the hoods ... Holding it down...

But it wasn't like what I wanted to do in the military and was raised basically 11 Bravo as a kid. At the time I was 18 in 1996 I didn't have Diabetes, by late 2001 at age 23 I had it and didn't know it and it made me not eligible.

My regret was just not having enlisted right out of high school.

But I still lived an examined life and did shit. Now I'm 44.7 and COVID messed me up along with the whole Covid Variable Era in general and having to start all over (financially) as a result without the exuberant youth on my side and cynical A.F. about most things. My kids and my anime hobby is what keeps me somewhat sane.
Dec 6, 2022 11:25 AM

Aug 2012
Deathko said:
Order-Sol said:

7 years, on and off.
As I see it, passion comes and goes. If I listened to passion, it wouldn't have lasted long I guess. Lots of people around, hard to stay loyal if you listen to passion, I think. In my case, I spent the last 7 years deciding to love her every morning, even when it was shitty.
I can't promise the other party will feel and do the same, tho -___-

Message!πŸ”₯

Relationships are like being on a Team. We can win if everyone on the same page, if someone decide to throw it's over.

I can't say I Blame you loving someone who is acting a fool impossible for me.

Passions to me like I love being around you seeing what you can do with our situation and life. His ambition and smarts keeps me outside of love.

A lot people passion is pure sex.
Dec 6, 2022 11:55 PM

Apr 2021
When I was 11 years old I was a junior olympian. I was an amazing swimmer and had myself a red carpet unrolled out to the olympics. But the pressure got to me, and I became depressed and suicidal; and I quit. Today, I look back at my 11 year old self and experience a combination of hate, rage, and worthlessness. I just started swimming again and it hasn't been easy. Seeing my times now is a bullet to my younger self that never left me. I'm not as fast as I used to be, I don't score a lot of points like a used to, and I can't go on training trips like the other kids my age. Swimming was the biggest part of my life back then and it always will be.
Dec 7, 2022 12:55 AM

May 2014
Buying an HP laptop, absolute garbage investment that I will forever regret

Also staying in a toxic long distance relationship for 2 years πŸ₯΄
Dec 7, 2022 1:11 AM

Nov 2022
There is lots of events happened that I did not wanted to happen. That I wished did not happen and would like to change if possible. However these were all events beyond my control.

I wish I had more power to shape the world around me as I see fit and not just respond to 'machinations of fate'.

However nothing where I would have truly regretted any major decision that I made myself freely. (With that level of understanding at the time I would aways make the same decisions.)

There was a quote at the end of Max Payne 2: Even if you go back and have a choice to make all the same decisions, you will still make them. Otherwise it would not be you making these decisions anymore.)

There theoretically could be situations where information I got at a later time, would have changed my decision if I had it earlier. Like bookings with dodgy hotels that were not honored when I arrived. I only realized it was dodgy when I arrived. I do not book with them anymore.

However that too rarely happens.
Buy my awesome BDSM male domination book here  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1174760

Visit my Discord https://discord.com/channels/1047490147794550844/1047490149161898039 I am not there most of the time but you can leave a message.

Or my blog here https://BDSMAnime.blogspot.com/
Or here https://BDSMAnime18.blogspot.com/

Submit to me and become my subject here https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=88107
Dec 7, 2022 1:54 AM

Dec 2013
Went to US to study and got my car crashed, causing chronic coccydynia

Dec 7, 2022 3:29 AM
Jul 2018
I wasted my time in toxic relationship (1+ year) I regret that most!
Dec 7, 2022 4:37 AM

Jun 2021
- having always been an extreme doormat out of fear of even worse consequences, even at the cost of repeating school years now i would have answered the hell back to some teachers, bullies, fake friends after the school years and even family members (even without hate for the last ones) when they really deserved it. And i really should have begun way earlier in time the whole dyed blond hair / colored contacts thing
- not having been able to think with my own mind before and avoiding all the sheep behavior such as "everyone flirts and has bfs / gfs, so why can't i?" (*'cause i was ugly and had absolutely no talent / personality for anything)
- choosing that high school instead of the art-themed one. Maybe... but a big fat one version of that word, i could have done something with that minor interest of drawing in anime style i had in my teens
- shouldn't have stopped playing basketball from september 2000 to the same month in 2003, even if i still would have sucked hard at playing the game regardless
- shouldn't have been too involved or should have straight up avoided that damn music forum attended from 2007 to 2012, where i met two even worse pathetic losers than me (yes, i went there) and befriended them for way too long
- shouldn't have gone to watch more minor basketball games unrelated to my own team in the late 2000's, since it really took a toll on my body in the long run

i'll just stop here...
Dec 7, 2022 4:39 AM

Jul 2009
ChokeMe said:

I would just buy a thinkpad. I've heard some great things about them.
🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳
πŸŒ³γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸŒ³
πŸŒ³γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸγ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸ¦γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸŒ²γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸŒ³γ€€
πŸŒ³γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€Cursorγ€€Natureγ€€reserveγ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸŒ³
πŸŒ³γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸ¦‹γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸ¦©γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸ•γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸŒ³
πŸŒ³γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸŒ³
πŸŒ³γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸγ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸŒ²γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸ§γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸŒ³
πŸŒ³γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸŒ³
🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳
Dec 7, 2022 9:50 AM

May 2014
thinkpad said:
ChokeMe said:

I would just buy a thinkpad. I've heard some great things about them.

bet it is, I'll trust anything that isn't hp

More topics from this board

» proxy

jackfrostenson - 31 minutes ago

1 by vasipi4946 »»
27 minutes ago

Poll: » do you hide or deny your dark side to others or society?

deg - Today

27 by Sad »»
41 minutes ago

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

37 by Sad »»
47 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

677 by Crawlie »»
2 hours ago

» Over the years, I began to be repulsed by pork, is there any explanation for this?

Absurdo_N - Mar 26

25 by bevarnow »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.