Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 12, 2008 7:51 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sorry for making a topic this late. I'm watching this series so late, so I just want to make a topic.

Well, since I haven't yet finished watching the series. I really don't want to make this NICE BOAT thing. I'm really getting nervous here with the emo Kaede-chan. Waaah! I need some water. LOL!
May 26, 2008 10:43 PM

Jan 2008
hrmm i guessing he will end up with kaede in the end... because so far the series went through everyone's arcs of them except for her...or maybe he will go through her arc next and then at the end ask asa...

darn i was really hoping for a RinxSia in the beginning... =/
May 28, 2008 12:00 PM

Feb 2008
^
There will be an arc for Kaede. ^^

If you're voting for RinxSia; I'm voting for SiaxKaede! Nyahaha! :3
Jun 13, 2008 12:52 PM

Oct 2007
My vote is on Kaede. Asa-sempai is not bad, but she's not like his favorite, it's kind'a obvious. Ever since he refused Sia and Nerine, the destination went kind'a clear...

I didn't enjoyed this episode very much... I hope the next ones will be better, or else I'll be dropping this anime for cause of boredom. <_<
Jun 29, 2008 10:02 PM

Feb 2008
WE WANT MORE KAEDE, or just me :)

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listens to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
Jul 28, 2008 6:08 AM

Jun 2007
This episode only served to prove just how useless this guy is with girls...I have no clue who he'll go for, or if he'll even grow a pair for long enough to actually even choose...
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Dec 16, 2008 6:00 PM

Feb 2008
Oh, are we back to happy episodes again...?
Dec 30, 2008 5:53 PM

Dec 2008
Wahh, I knew that cookie thing Asa-senpai pulled on the Ferris Wheel was too good to be true. And Kaede...I was right, even though I didn't want to be. She's feeling neglected...having to throw her dinner away at the end of the episode...gahhh. Shuffle!'s toying with my head T.T But I think it's back to happy episodes. The intermission is back to that old one with the cats and footprints, and the episode title display is back to that arrow one. Wonder who Rin really likes...

Dango, dango, dango, dango, dango, daikazoku~

Jul 19, 2009 3:07 AM

Nov 2007
I thought he was finally making progress with Asa but that happened, although it seems to have brought him to his senses. But I feel bad for Kaede, there will probably be a lot of drama from here on.
Jul 24, 2009 11:29 PM

Jun 2009
Asa was harsh, dang. Kaede needs some love too, shes been neglected for 18 episodes, and seems to have at least some romantic feelings for him. Hopefully Rin picks picks one of these girls before too long, gawd i hope this series doesn't end with a no-pick ending =P Drama has been getting heavier as the episodes go on, and doesn't seem that its going to let-up until the finale. Hopefully those harsh words Asa said brought him back to reality, he has to know if he continues dating 4-5 girls and doesn't pick one its going to be far more painful for ALL of them rather than if he would just pick one.
Aug 9, 2009 1:54 AM

Jan 2008
Liked this episode very much, especially since I'm a Asa-senpai supporter! :3
But it's a shame because this Asa-phase will probably end...this is too early to be the end, and Kaede is beginning to get scary emo, she needs attention o.o.
In fact, I've been expecting him to end up with Kaede from the beginning...sigh. So be it then. v.v I don't complain.

On a side note, if such a ridiculous park like Cupid Land really exists, I'll have to puke =_=
SaorinAug 11, 2009 3:00 AM

Nov 6, 2009 8:46 PM

Oct 2008

Asa-sempai..

Jan 26, 2010 2:57 PM

Mar 2008
Well I was happy to see at least a few shots of Primula this episode. <3

I'm a little sad about the way that Asa's date ended up with Rin, even though I'm not rooting for her directly. Well lets hope that they can continue to keep their relationship going at a good level even if Rin doesn't choose her, which I doubt he will.

So far I've ruled out Nerine, Asa, and the obvious, Primula. D:

Jul 24, 2010 1:16 AM

Apr 2010
thats right kaede throw that shit away! Rin doesnt want any of that slop!
Its better to have burned out than to have never really shined...
Jul 30, 2010 1:23 AM

May 2008
OMG this was a freaking hilarious episode... I was loling the whole time.

...I would say until the end. Wow. This was one of the most moving scenes I have seen in anime, especially because I have about as much guts when it comes to this as Rin does. It really does a lot for you when scenes seem to play out exactly how you think things would happen in your shoes. Immensely beautiful scenes... Brought this series to a 10/10 combined with other amazing scenes. Just wow.

Also I have felt incredibly bad for Kaede since episode 2 or 3ish... and now its only increasing. This anime has the ability to move you beyond what any harem could possibly do. It's really incredible.
Dec 4, 2010 4:07 PM

Oct 2009
StonerWithABoner said:
thats right kaede throw that shit away! Rin doesnt want any of that slop!

Harsh... so harsh T_T
Dec 7, 2010 3:50 PM
Jan 2010
The problem is:
Kaede will never let rin cook or clean beacause, for her, rin's her strength to live, and she is not a tsundrere, she is an yandere( the oposite of tsundere), but she will only show that side of her in the last 10 episodes, and more, she still as think that rin didn't forguive her for what happened 8 years before...and she loves him but, she thinks that she considers herself unworthy to be loved by Rin or to stay with Rin's
Jan 19, 2011 6:10 AM

Nov 2009
Well it seems my favourite 2 girls of the series are pretty much out of there now.

I wanted Sia or Asa to be the choice but im hoping to god it wont be Kaede, she just seems sooooo boring in comparison to the other girls.
Jan 23, 2011 12:07 AM

Mar 2008
babykeiji said:
I really don't want to make this NICE BOAT thing

That's the only thing that could propel this piece of shit show from "argh WTF" to "mediocre". Please, gimme a nice boat. Please.
I don't know karate, but I know karazy
Mar 18, 2011 8:47 PM

Oct 2009
ballistique said:
babykeiji said:
I really don't want to make this NICE BOAT thing

That's the only thing that could propel this piece of shit show from "argh WTF" to "mediocre". Please, gimme a nice boat. Please.

this guy is mad

Vrrrrroooooooommmm!
Apr 24, 2011 7:44 PM

Jul 2010
Sia or Nerine pls i really dont like the other ones so i hope Kaede soon tells what she
thinks about Asa , looking forward to that face of hers again.
Jun 30, 2011 7:08 AM

Dec 2010
De-JaY said:

i laughed.
HI
Aug 18, 2011 4:07 AM

May 2011
brinan said:
Asa was harsh, dang.

Harsh? Not at all. When you go on a date with a girl just because someone told you to do it, you're toying with someone's feelings and leading them on. When you do that you deserve a good slap, especially when it's a close friend like Asa.

Damn Rin has no sense in a woman's feelings, he should end up with no one because he's obviously not ready to be with anyone.

Jan 25, 2012 8:59 PM

Jan 2011

Really? I'm going to be the only one commenting on the merry go round scene? Sigh... Guess so... Oh Itsuki, you give me a severe case of the lol's.

Regards,
Komiya
Formerly gutsyGumshoe
Apr 22, 2012 12:23 AM

Mar 2012
Well I thought from the title we would finally have a resolution to the harem with Rin and Asa, but unfortunately Rin screwed it up. At least it seems he realizes his error at the end of the episode.

And poor Kaede. She's been ignored throughout the entire series. She seems distant now and with those eyes at the end, there's no telling what kind of state she's in.
Aug 31, 2012 4:58 AM

Jun 2011
A well deserved slap to the face. The guy really needs to man up.

Kaede looks like she's about to go yandere; this should be interesting.
Oct 22, 2012 12:14 PM

May 2012
gutsyGumshoe said:

Really? I'm going to be the only one commenting on the merry go round scene? Sigh... Guess so... Oh Itsuki, you give me a severe case of the lol's.

Regards,
Komiya

A few months later and you'll probably never read this, but I also had a severe case of lols in that scene. In most of Itsuki's scenes in fact... They're always so subtle yet hilarious.
Use power for the right things. At least for the things that you believe in.
Jan 14, 2013 8:04 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Rin, that's what you call "Fucking up." And you did it twice in one episode to two different girls.
May 6, 2013 3:39 PM

Sep 2011
Asa has a point and indeed Rin has no fucking balls. One of the worst male leads.

Up to this point, he doesn't deserve Asa or even Sia.

De-JaY said:

LMAO I also thought the same thing.

May 20, 2013 12:30 PM

Feb 2013
He really was a pussy, I mean grow some balls man.
Jul 25, 2013 8:31 PM

Jun 2012
That started off as one of the better episodes, but of course Rin fucked it all up. I swear this dude is one stupid ass pussy.
Nov 11, 2013 11:06 AM

May 2013
I definitely think that Rin will end up with Asa, he seems to care about her on a whole different level. Also, I'm really hoping Rin ends up with Asa anyway :D
Apr 12, 2014 5:27 PM
Jun 2013
It really isn't that easy to "man up and grow some balls". I'm pretty sure I would fail hard on such a date, too, being rather shy.

But going on a date because others tell you to is just plain wrong. Totally deserved slap.

I'm still "voting" for Asa :)
Aug 23, 2014 8:07 PM

Aug 2013
Solarfyre said:
It really isn't that easy to "man up and grow some balls". I'm pretty sure I would fail hard on such a date, too, being rather shy.

But going on a date because others tell you to is just plain wrong. Totally deserved slap.

I'm still "voting" for Asa :)

Yeah, I kind of understand that; I'd probably be pretty nervous too.

I cringed pretty hard when he said that he went on date because Nerine and Sia told him to though.
Sep 14, 2014 10:13 AM

Jan 2013
Kaede is slowly going emo.
To be fair Kaede has always been there for him, now shes kinda getting ignored.
Jan 29, 2015 5:08 AM

Dec 2012
I'm getting potential yandere vibes from Kaede, there's no way she forgot about the dinner and it was kind of creepy to watch it get dumped in the dark.

Asa made a really good point this episode - that Rin's indecisiveness is going to do more damage than good. But with the drama aside, I loved seeing an episode dedicated to Asa and the whole Cupid Land thing was amusing.
Apr 21, 2015 12:11 PM

Aug 2013
Is it even possible to be such a moron ?!?!?!
Seriously, wtf is wrong with him?!
And that ending. W T F is this. He is hurting everyone.

I didn't really like Asa, but after this episode I think that she is probably the best heroine. She is just normal girl.
Solarfyre said:

FUCK NO.

I'm rather shy to, but if there is a situation, where woman takes initiative, and she know what she want, by showing THAT obvious signals, than if you fail - you are not shy, you are just stupid.
Especially if you know that she is enjoying time with you, and you know her since a long time.
rsc-plApr 21, 2015 12:22 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 2, 2015 8:06 PM

May 2015
Rin deserved that slap!

I don’t care who he took to that park but why did he take a girl who he knows or suspect to have feelings for him to a couple’s amusement park? When he himself didn’t felt comfortable in that situation, furthermore he is giving hope to a girl that clearly is looking for a chance at love and then to be told by him that he didn’t plan that date Damn Son! You sunk that ship really fast not only that hurting even more the feeling of the girl in the process, but I ask again why? Because he felt pressured by his friends? That’s a poor excuse of a man…

I hope he apologies to Asa-senpai as soon as possible to at least amend their friendship.
Roy_FockerAug 2, 2015 9:48 PM
Feb 26, 2016 12:29 PM

Sep 2015
"Todays's date only happened because those two told me to..." ( (≪●≫) )Д( (≪●≫) )

Is this guy on drugs? Did he actually say that?
loooooooool what a pathetic human being. Go die in a corner MC... Pls. Just go...

IS THERE NO LOVE FOR KAEDE??? FFS STOP IGNORING HER!!! I'M ANGRY!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2016 9:09 PM
Dec 2014
This was a fun little episode!! ...well until the ending of course. I actually laughed quite a bit during this one, and I was really hoping that Rin would go after Asa... I mean the cookie. (Okay that's a lie. I did want him to kiss Asa. Is that too much to ask for?) Anyways, Asa was absolutely right to slap Rin. He should have done this of his own free will, and it ended the way it did because this wasn't something he wanted for himself. Oh, and Kaede is starting to scare me. ...she's gonna be okay right? We aren't going to have a nice boat ending... right?

Well, either way I can't wait to see what happens next. I only hope that Rin mans up and that he makes up with Asa. Oh, and I'd prefer it if Kaede doesn't kill half of the cast too.
Apr 30, 2016 7:01 PM
Mar 2015
De-JaY said:

Same here lol... I thought the episode going to be happy!
May 24, 2016 7:23 AM

Mar 2014
Relaying your feelings .. stating it .. and it doesn't happen . That was rude .
Great episode . The Disguise makes them a new person ~ . They look good .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2016 1:21 PM

Jun 2016
Getting school day vibes here with Kaede, also MC is getting really annoying.
Dec 14, 2016 5:56 PM

Mar 2015
When MC is going for a date, he doesnt closed the door, TF?

F**k this MC, he doesnt even have D**k. His existence is worse than caterpillar.

Kaede is turning into Yandere soon X0

3.1/5
Nov 10, 2017 9:23 AM

Dec 2014
Respect for Asa san… and Kaede is losing it…this show never fails to amaze me
Nov 20, 2017 7:52 PM
Mar 2017
Yes, now sure Yandere way for a fucking date, when he almost married Sia or was about to kiss did not do anything
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Nov 20, 2017 8:08 PM
Mar 2017

:'c :'c :'c :'c :'´c
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Mar 27, 2018 7:23 PM

Aug 2014
Jesus Christ, Rin is one of the worst leads ever. He is useless and insensitive. I still don't see what the girls love about him. At least in other harems they attempt to show something valuable about the MC. Rin is what? Somewhat kind? LOL
May 11, 2022 9:28 AM

Nov 2010
These princesses should do an experiment, try leaving Rin and go back to their own world. If he chases for them, then that must mean, he loves them too.

Poor Kaede. Rin was such an asshole for not eating that food she prepared. I think Rin deserves the same fate as Itou Makoto in School Days!

Man, there's no redeeming qualities for this protag. He gets the girls because he is the protag. Otherwise, any nice guys have a greater chance of winning the hearts of these waifus.
Jun 18, 2022 6:12 AM

Jan 2020
We got the old mid-episode card back, weird.

I really didn't expect him to go with Asa... I mean, she is best girl. It's just surprising. I thought for sure if it was Sia or Nerine it'd be Kaede. Just, hmm.

Well, he still managed to fuck that up. Rin really is the worst. Maybe even the worst male protagonist in the history of romcoms. That being said, it looks like Kaede might not be out of this after all. I wonder if Asa ended up being a red herring.

As a side note, Sia and Nerine should adopt the look they had in this episode all the time. They looked way cuter than usual.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babykeiji - Apr 12, 2008

123 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:25 PM

Poll: » Whoelse thought Kaede was going to kill Asa

Lost_Hearts - Dec 9, 2023

0 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 9, 2023 2:53 PM

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

babykeiji - Apr 12, 2008

77 by Saku33 »»
Nov 12, 2023 8:09 AM

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

voidbringer - May 27, 2008

90 by Saku33 »»
Nov 12, 2023 7:33 AM

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

babykeiji - Apr 12, 2008

196 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 29, 2023 4:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.