Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2022 5:30 AM

Nov 2011
Interesting episode...

I mean, at this point, we know that Chris loves her but of course, there's also more problems than just building off that relationship. Elianna is also showing some of her tough side, and she seems to enjoy helping others, especially children. I actually kinda like this side of Elianna and her fearlessness.
Stark700Nov 3, 2022 5:35 AM
Nov 3, 2022 7:39 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Eh burning books, fortunately they stopped him and saved the mother of those kids, that kiss at the end ahah
Nov 3, 2022 7:43 AM

Apr 2016
Yeah, show them Eli, who cares about locking women in castles, it's the burning the books that crosses all the lines. But there was a lot of truth in what she said to be honest here, burning or/and banning books, is the sure path to the stone age.
Nov 3, 2022 8:11 AM

Feb 2022
Yeah.. burning books is the quickest way of incurring Elianna's rage, turning their blades on her is the quickest way to end their noble house
Nov 3, 2022 8:32 AM

Jul 2011
If this was half-shonen and half-shojo, Elli would had taken a guard's sword and go berserk fighting that noble. That was some great rage.

So what was bothering Elli was the memories, not Prince Chris half-answers. Mixed feelings about that.

Hooray to universal healthcare!
Nov 3, 2022 8:46 AM

Apr 2012
they missed a +1 from not showing them actually kissing
Nov 3, 2022 10:03 AM
Sep 2018
Angry_By_Default said:

I hate kisses like that so much ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ i am crying
Nov 3, 2022 10:06 AM
Jul 2017
Such a cute anime!
Nov 3, 2022 10:23 AM

Mar 2013
Animequeen_xx said:
Angry_By_Default said:

I hate kisses like that so much ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ i am crying

(3) this.
They censored that wholesomesincere kissing scene. T_T

Overall, I enjoyed this episode knowing our princess finally remembered the prince. I hope to see more realization in the future episodes.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Nov 3, 2022 10:42 AM

Feb 2019
“Will you tell me those words you promised that day” *christopher pulls Eli for the kiss* Y’all when I say I just let out the biggest squeal omg. Such a sweet episode, I love how much Christopher cherishes and protects his woman. That’s some real shit.

Only issue I have with the ep is that they censored the kiss scene which is like the hype at part(s) of any shoujo series!!
Nov 3, 2022 11:04 AM

May 2020
The part where his priorities lie in ‘pointing a sword at my fiancé’ made me laugh.

Yay! Elianna remembered her past with him.

Kuchizuke ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

“YOU’RE MY TREASURE!”

So sweet ๐Ÿ˜
Tsuyo_MikaNov 3, 2022 11:08 AM
Nov 3, 2022 12:07 PM

Aug 2018
so far its been kinda aight nothing special

Nov 3, 2022 12:38 PM
Jul 2014
I know this isn't that kind of anime, but I was half hoping Eli would suddenly discover a hidden ability for crushing magic when confronted with book burning. Channel her inner Main, so to speak.

Otherwise it's not really the smartest idea to confront someone like that after deliberately leaving your prince and knights behind. For a smart girl she's really bad at risk management.

And the guy's plan makes zero sense too. Ok, he wants to discredit Eli and her family. So he's been using the Bernstein name to steal books, relying on word of that to get out -- from Roma boys he literally just said that nobody would believe. And wouldn't directly discredit Eli anyway since they would have said it was a male noble doing it. Given her family's reputation for books, he'd need significant evidence to claim that they were doing it, and yet there he was about to burn them all in secret (conveniently just in time for Eli to catch him, instead of being a better secret), rather than staging anything more dramatic and public he could leverage against her family.

In fact, the only scenario that makes sense is that somehow the Prince put him up to it, just so he can sweep in at the last moment and "protect" the books for Eli.
MiralityNov 3, 2022 1:05 PM
Nov 3, 2022 12:51 PM

Dec 2013
Baddies blackmail and use children to commit crimes while kidnapping sick people: Elianna sleeps
Baddies are about to burn books: Real Elianna hours
Nov 3, 2022 1:42 PM

Jul 2017
Chris's history with Elianna at the time when the Star of Sissel was in with his conflicting feelings, just inviting himself over to Dr. Nicola Letzi proved to be a re-education that helped him secure his feelings with Elianna.

But this is by no means that both the Prince and Princess will get along with each other, and this is due to their past remembrance that sadly couldn't be jogged from memory. Even worse, Rene's mother being captured with the possibility that books will be burned, this is the ONE thing that Elianna cannot tolerate. And this moble Baron Maudsley defaming Eli's family name to do heinous acts, it's a tit-for-tat exchange of books against kingdom policies, which Elianna easily opposes and stands her ground, even if threatened by force.

It's thanks to Dr. Letzi for his scamming skills to play down the farce, and Christopher is willing to hear from the people of the Star of Sissel, like Rene, his ailing mother and the rest. And true to Eli's word, what she may have spoken in her past may have been a dream, but this is reality that Chris made for her, sealed with a kiss.

A past remembered, and a princess is a treasure to her prince forever.
Nov 3, 2022 2:46 PM
Jan 2022
It's very tedious to watch this show
Nov 3, 2022 5:49 PM
Oct 2019
my weekly dose of sweetness.

Eli anger meter:
Rene mother got locked up: 20%
Someone trying to burn books : 1000000%

“YOU’RE MY TREASURE!”

Honestly watching this anime in the season full of Bloody and Gore was such a refreshing...
just Pure Romance Anime.
Nov 3, 2022 10:42 PM

Sep 2021
Finally Elianna remembered their past and ahh, his promise~
I wish the kiss wasn't censored, but that was so so sweet and the "you are my treasure" had me melting.

Now that I'm all caught up, I'm really happy we're getting so much romantic interaction and banter between Elianna and Chris. I was prepared for the whole season to just be about them getting together, and what we got has been so much better! They're so good together, and I hope we continue to hear about the exasperation of everyone who witnesses their flirting in public.

And true to Elianna's character, the rage comes out when there's a possibility of books being burned. That speech of hers was great, too. It was nice seeing that side of her- and it gives me hope that we'll continue to see more dimensions to these characters as things continue.

Okay but seriously why did they censor an otherwise amazing kiss, I'm still sad about it
Maybe we'll get a better one before the season ends, I don't think I'm asking for too much here :3

We can always go somewhere again.
โœงโœงโœงโœงโœงโœง
profile โœง watching โœง art credit

Nov 4, 2022 12:35 AM

Jan 2022
Im loving seeing everything from Elianna's POV, and not the typical 3rd party viewer. Sure we get a few scenes here and there from Chris, but we the viewer are primarily attached to Eli and thus see all these situations from her world view. It makes for a very interesting story telling tactic, as well as ensuring that the audience is in the same boat as our main character.
Nov 4, 2022 10:52 AM

May 2021
My corniometer shot through the ceiling with this episode, from the awkward timing of the boy deciding to reveal that he knew all along to the Snow White-like kiss. At least we get a bit more context into why Elianna likes reading books apart from just genetics.

Nov 4, 2022 11:49 AM

Jul 2021
i knew Eli was gonna be maaad when they talked about burning books.

we got some more romantic moments and also another kiss.

nice episode.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Nov 4, 2022 2:13 PM

Oct 2017
Nice Eliana x Chris moments this episode and the kiss at the end was sweet. Eliana has finally started to remember the past with Chris.
Nov 5, 2022 3:47 AM
Apr 2022
it's always ily n never "you're my treasure" ๐Ÿ˜”
Nov 5, 2022 10:05 AM

May 2014
If only love in real life was this beautiful....
Nov 5, 2022 12:38 PM

Apr 2013
The Prince is the only interesting character.

.·:*¨ ๐•พ๐–Š๐–™ ๐•ธ๐–Š ๐•ฑ๐–—๐–Š๐–Š - ๐•ต๐–Š๐–˜๐–˜๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–† ๐•ต๐–š๐–“๐–Œ ¨*:·. ๐“†ฉโ™ก๐“†ช
๐Ÿฌ:๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฑ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ใ…‡โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐Ÿฏ:๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฒ
โ†บ¹ |โ— โ–ถ โ–ท| โ‹ฎ≡
Nov 5, 2022 1:15 PM
Mar 2018
I'm dropping this anime. the fact that the heroine is mad because of burning the books more the the poisoned mother is yuck.
Nov 5, 2022 4:54 PM

Mar 2016
I was thinking last scene was good enough as a finale for this series, I could just drop it here.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Nov 5, 2022 9:18 PM

Apr 2016
The bad guys in this show are quite stupid, uh, why even try.

Finally she reveal why she likes book so much since that's her whole personality.

And her memories are coming back so he can inspect her mouth with his tongue.
Nov 5, 2022 11:25 PM

Oct 2008
omg! 2nd kiss! things are heating-up! lolz
5/5

Nov 6, 2022 1:00 AM

Sep 2010
Yeah, you remember, Eli!
I love how Eli and Chris took all the stolen books back with them in the carriage.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Nov 6, 2022 4:48 AM

Aug 2014
Took them long enough to finally kiss XD
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
โ™ก What I Watch This Season
โ™ก Best Character & WAIFU This Season
โ™ก Best OP/ED Song This Season
Nov 6, 2022 8:44 AM

Jun 2017
Wonderful ending to this episode.
Signature.
Nov 8, 2022 9:05 AM

Aug 2020
I'm really amazed by Christopher's memories. How is he able to remember such little details in their conversations when they were young.

Then again, it might have been the power of love and all. Cute ending to this episode!
[/url]
Nov 8, 2022 12:24 PM
Sep 2021
The cliff notes adaption of Bibliophile Princess continues. 5 episodes in and we're already halfway through volume 3 of the manga. Near everything involving Eli's family's history with the people of Sissel gets dumped. Because of this Letzi (the old man) is introduced as the cliffhanger of episode 4 then proceeds to do pretty much nothing in this episode, since all the backstory he's involved with is cut. Why even introduce him at all?

It's a shame, I like the show but I wish it would stop racing along as if it's being chased by a lightning bolt. This should be at least episode 7.
Nov 21, 2022 5:15 AM
Jul 2017
Eli is worried. She doesn't know about Christopher's past...
She won't forgive anyone who would burn a book.

Christopher.... He remembers everything Eli said in the past...
omg too sweet, my diabetes...
Dec 4, 2022 8:15 AM
Mar 2022
I liked it but it is so misogenistic and feels really cringe sometimes when she is so 'feminine shy' and he is a bad boy like type. feels a bit forced
Jan 2, 2023 8:56 AM

Jul 2015
I like Eli's reaction on hearing someone is planning to burn books is to her equivalent as the gravest sin a human could commit.

Jan 2, 2023 10:33 PM

Feb 2021
I love the prince that is very humble to everyone.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 15, 2023 11:25 PM

Mar 2010
Only enjoy the end of the episode where they are cute. The rest was quite boring and eli going alone dont seem smart as well as the baron raising swords to eli which was just plain dumb.
Jan 18, 2023 5:01 AM
Feb 2021
I just watched this episode an it feels so eh, which is devastating because I really want to love this show and have it show people how amazing shoujo and josei can be, but it's not doing it. Idk, I feel like the only kind of overarching plot the show has at this point is Eli getting over her insecurities, but that's been done by so many other shows in a much better way- I know not all shows need an overarching plot but I'm not invested enough or entertained enough for there to be no need for one. Also all the Eli and Chris moments are making me cringe so hard, I feel like this episode would have been so much better if Eli had used her brain to outsmart the baron instead of Chris just rescuing her.
Jun 19, 2023 1:57 PM
Jul 2020
Episode 5 didn't really capture my attention as much as I thought it would. I REALLY need the subtle conversations to have some spark in them. I don't know why, but the animation and the music set such a great tone for episode 3.

I know they're setting viewers up for something that's going to happen in the next episode, probably. And I'm only watching the rest to see how they animate this novel. So far, I'm still sticking to the manga being better.
Oct 12, 2023 6:30 AM
Oct 2022
So after all that they aren't going to treat Rene's mom??

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushikaburi-hime Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2022

49 by a_i_r »»
May 5, 10:22 AM

Poll: » Mushikaburi-hime Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2022

20 by tinker3bellz1 »»
Feb 25, 10:18 PM

Poll: » Mushikaburi-hime Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2022

65 by Bloodglas »»
Nov 10, 2023 11:55 PM

Poll: » Mushikaburi-hime Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2022

111 by Sakuya_Sasaki_33 »»
Nov 3, 2023 7:13 AM

Poll: » Mushikaburi-hime Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2022

31 by Stardew »»
Oct 18, 2023 9:01 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.