Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Nov 6, 2022 6:14 AM
Jul 2018
Man now I feel empty knowing there won't be more love is war
Nov 6, 2022 7:21 AM
Jul 2022
rip kaguya sama thank you for curing my depression
Nov 6, 2022 9:46 PM
Oct 2016
One of my most favourite manga. Sad to see it end.
Nov 8, 2022 12:04 AM

Jul 2020
Amazing manga, amazing ending. Just a great series all round.
Nov 8, 2022 3:03 PM
Sep 2022
I can't believe I finished it. I am distraught. I loved every step of the way though.
Nov 8, 2022 6:17 PM
May 2021
Honestly, it was the best way a manga such as this could have ended. It showed a great ending that was very beautiful...
Nov 10, 2022 12:49 PM
Nov 2020
good good good good
Nov 10, 2022 7:41 PM
Struggler

Dec 2020
Man that was wholesome, and we got one final "O Kawaii Koto" as a cherry on top. It would've been cool to see a short time skip with the cast a few years down the road, but I guess it's always possible we see them in Oshi no Ko, what with the shared universe.

What a ride, this was the first manga I've finished alongside the publication, what a great series. I'm gonna miss waiting for the new chapters to come out, but I'll always have re-reads.

Until next time Love is War, Thank you Aka Sensei!

Nov 11, 2022 12:58 PM
May 2019
i teared up, the panels with all the different locations in which the characters had all those adventures, miyuki crying and kaguya's last "o kawaii koto" :').
nostalgia attack.
WHAT A JOURNEY, AND WHAT A WAY TO END IT~!!!
kaguya will always have a special spot in my heart, all the memories we made together with her and everyone else . . .
10/10 THANK YOU AKASAKA SENSEI.
Nov 13, 2022 2:59 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
The greatest manga of all time. Cult fest peak will never be reached again in the medium.

9/10
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Nov 13, 2022 6:14 PM
Jan 2020
Why Aka? Why let all the build up and consequences go to waste?
Nov 14, 2022 3:05 PM
Dec 2020
The manga was great and the story did drag on a bit with some unnecessary fillers but when the canon chapters hit it was amazing. Up to chapter 168 it was sitting at an 7.5-8.5 for me but after 170-181 those 11 chapters were created so well and ended the story so amazingly, they showed off neat twists and had some questions to ask as well. Many of the characters arcs had come to a full close in ways expected. After finishing it I had to bump it up to a 9 at least.
Nov 19, 2022 9:59 AM
May 2022
This chapter is masterpiece
Nov 20, 2022 12:01 AM
Jul 2020
i hate the fact that it ended but it had a very VERY good ending
Nov 20, 2022 7:21 PM

Jul 2015
I started reading this manga 9 chapters in when I was not mentally prepared to have to wait a whole month for more of this banger work, thankfully the timing couldn't have been any better as it moved to weekly pretty much right after.

Since then... nearly 7 years passed, holy fuck, I had only started following animanga that year and look at me now... well, I haven't changed much lmfao.

Satisfying conclusion IMO, so many of my favorite characters come from this work, I will really miss them.
Nov 23, 2022 7:05 PM

Aug 2008
I can't call this a perfect manga for me as not all of the jokes landed for me and the serious plot that developed toward the end really felt like a different story. Mostly I am quite irked that the author didn't give Ishigami and Miko a proper conclusion to their relationship and just left it open to a Miyuki x Kaguya v2. Frustrating to see, wanted to get some feels to those two getting together.

Still a solid 9/10 for me though, I quite enjoyed this read and I can definately see myself rereading it. Kaguya is one of my favorite characters after all, put a smile on your face with ease.
Nov 28, 2022 5:12 PM
Aug 2021
Cute and meaningful
Nov 30, 2022 5:20 AM

Nov 2016
I wouldn't say that it ended on the best note, but damn, this chapter got me in da feelz.

9,5/10 overall

Easily became my favorite rom-com manga

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 4, 2022 5:47 PM
Aug 2022
This is the end for one of the best romance manga ever written, i loved it, i'm not gonna lie, i almost cryed when i read the ending, i'm gratefull for the autor for make this manga.

Dec 9, 2022 2:00 AM
Aug 2018
one of my favorite manga is finished, and it's a sweet and good ending, i will miss them especially shinomiya kaguya
Dec 17, 2022 6:51 AM
Feb 2021
okokokokokokokokoko
Dec 19, 2022 3:33 AM

Sep 2020
despite whatever anyone says i really liked the ending.
glad that shirogane and kaguya got to graduate together.
man literally sobbing rn the last few panels were amazing.
well good bye student council and shuchiin academy.
10/10 19/12/2022 5:00pm
Dec 20, 2022 7:56 AM
Apr 2021
What a manga. It's been with me for so long. Shirogane was the motivation for me to grind studying to get into college, I actually owe a lot to him. I don't know what my life would look like without it, certainly a lot different. Thank you Akasaka!
Dec 20, 2022 8:16 AM
Apr 2021
smiling because it happened. what a great manga
Dec 21, 2022 11:34 AM

Jul 2014
I will never forgive the author for not making Ishigami and Iino happy. These two didn't deserve this. It's not an "open ending". Hayasaka's ending shows that Ishigami and Iino made it to the end of college without being together. It's such a bitter ending for them that it feels like a punch in the gut... Maybe if the Hayasaka chapter didn't exist it wouldn't have been so heartbreaking.
Kano_NTDec 21, 2022 11:43 AM
Dec 22, 2022 4:10 PM

Apr 2012
Kano_NT said:
I will never forgive the author for not making Ishigami and Iino happy. These two didn't deserve this. It's not an "open ending". Hayasaka's ending shows that Ishigami and Iino made it to the end of college without being together. It's such a bitter ending for them that it feels like a punch in the gut... Maybe if the Hayasaka chapter didn't exist it wouldn't have been so heartbreaking.

The last omake chapter calls them the hidden hero and heroine, which is actually the implied canon to me. Take it how you want.  As for the Hayasaka's chapter, the same chapter actually confirms it in one way or another.
Dec 23, 2022 4:41 PM
Aug 2016
RobertBobert said:
The last omake chapter calls them the hidden hero and heroine, which is actually the implied canon to me. Take it how you want. 
Haven't seen the Japanese version yet of the volume 28 extras, but I'm fairly sure that's been part of their "meet the characters" blurb at the start of each volume since their introduction.
(Though often translated differently.)

本作の裏主人公 [honsaku no ura shujinkou] and 裏ヒロイン  [ura hiroin]
Dec 23, 2022 5:20 PM

Apr 2012
Ark_Evensong said:
RobertBobert said:
The last omake chapter calls them the hidden hero and heroine, which is actually the implied canon to me. Take it how you want. 
Haven't seen the Japanese version yet of the volume 28 extras, but I'm fairly sure that's been part of their "meet the characters" blurb at the start of each volume since their introduction.
(Though often translated differently.)

本作の裏主人公 [honsaku no ura shujinkou] and 裏ヒロイン  [ura hiroin]
[font="\"Segoe UI\", \"San Francisco\", Ubuntu, \"Fira Sans\", Roboto, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]I doubt it makes much of a difference.[/font]
Dec 28, 2022 7:02 PM
May 2022
I loved it, it is a beautiful conclusion
Dec 28, 2022 8:03 PM
Sep 2020
Esse mangá é incrivel, meu Deus
Não tinha como finalizar de outra maneira
Jan 18, 2023 10:17 AM
Sep 2021
It was a great end to a fantastic series.
It's very rare to find a masterpiece like this that
also has a satisfying ending. Even though not all
went the way i wanted to. Love it 9/10.
Jan 23, 2023 5:48 PM
Nov 2018
the final stretch was fine, just that, fine, not great not terrible, the whole situation with the shinomiya family felt anticlimatic and rushed, they keep repeating trought the entire
series about how ruthless of an organization the shinomiya family was and in the end they let themselves be outsmarted by a bunch of teenagers, i believe the whole arc should have been
skipped, of the final chapters i liked the exchange between miyuki and mikado about the implications of being a genius but besides that all the chapters were just okayish, still, in general i really liked the manga
Feb 5, 2023 6:40 PM
Mar 2021
This manga was really really amazing, can't recommend it enough
Feb 18, 2023 1:12 AM
Nov 2021
Even though I didn't liked the previous arc and chapters much... the finale was fantastic... it reflects the feelings and emotions well 10/10 ending
8/10 for overall manga
Mar 12, 2023 3:40 PM
Aug 2022
Even thought the last few chapters felt really incomplete and laked a bit of the esence that this show creates, I still consider this chapter as a great conclusion to our loveable characters, it's also a really emotional chapter that provoked me a ton of emotions 10/10 :,)
Mar 17, 2023 8:28 AM
Sep 2020
kaguya sama peak manga everything abt it is perfect10/10
Mar 20, 2023 2:36 PM
Mar 2015
And they graduated together
Apr 14, 2023 8:08 AM

Apr 2022
top 2 romcoms for me, interchangeably top 1 even. 
ending put me in my feels, reminds me of my own time. glad miyuki got included, kaguya sure got the jump on him. nice to see the whole gang together, i'm sure it'll put in me in my feels again once it's animated.
i also like how everyone specially got their own final chapters, some closure even though some weren't. the battle of proposal continues! honestly, wouldn't mind a spin-off of that. 10/10 for me, peak romcom. 
Apr 23, 2023 11:51 AM
Dec 2020
Cosenza said:
I CAN'T BELIEVE this was the ending. Truly outrageous.

this is cinema, his is Kino
May 15, 2023 12:11 PM

Aug 2015
Kaguya-sama will remain one of the best manga I've read. That being said, the author (aka) seemed to just have gotten bored of drawing a manga and chose to discard all the groundwork setup over 7 years of the manga. I can't name any other manga/anime/show/whatever with more loose ends (/untold stories) than Kaguya-sama. This manga exceeds at being whatever would be the opposite of "chekov's gun", in which it introduces a lot of intriguing side characters and side stories only to ditch all of it and just rush to the ending.

I empathize with the mangaka for their hard work and their wish to quit early and at the same time I cannot help but resent them for creating a manga that I always held dear to me and just absolutely making the end of it very boring and nothing more than a simple chore to read. I wasn't this disappointed even from

To go into specifics, the rescue Kaguya arc was sub-par and failed to deliver any of the hype it created. Kaguya quitting away from Shinomiyas makes sense but her becoming a "mere" photographer is something very contradictory to everything we know about Kaguya and her personality from the manga. And finally, the author really betrayed the reader on Ishigami X Miko - I'm not a big shipping war person but it was clear from the chapter where Ishigami visits her apartment that these two will end up together very soon and when the author explicitly tells us that these 2 never got together even after graduation (despite seeing each other in StuCo everyday!) is a big unbelievable joke. Of course I feel weird claiming that because it's their (the author's) story but I can't help but feel they just chickened out for whatever reason, else I cannot make rational sense of that decision.

Anyway, overall, it was a great manga - 9/10 would recommend.
The only opinion that should matter to you is yours.
May 29, 2023 4:31 AM
Jun 2022
THIS IS PEAK MAN I SWEAR
May 29, 2023 4:33 AM
Jun 2022
This is peak and I will miss the characters here especially their arguments and interactions to one another; another goated manga that I want to see get animated in the future
Jul 29, 2023 2:37 PM
Sep 2020
I read this series weekly starting in 2019 and stopped around chapter 275 because I didn't want my favourite manga to be over in my mind. Almost a year later now I mustered up the courage to read the final chapters and man, I feel so empty. I certainly liked the ending, it made me emotional. But now I feel like these characters that I've grown so attached to over the past four years just ceased to exist. I'm going to miss this series so much. Thank you Aka Akasaka for giving us this series. 

PS: If anyone happens to read this and is also depressed feel free to dm me lol we can share the grief
Aug 22, 2023 6:11 AM
May 2013
Great Manga and I'm gad I only recently started reading it - I could binge it.
The antics in the student council room where always great especially with Chika stirring things up.

But I was expecting an honest conclusion for Ishigami and Iino maybe even with a heartfelt hug..not them falling into the same rabbit hole.
Aug 31, 2023 4:32 PM
Jan 2021
Very nice manga and anime too
Oct 30, 2023 7:00 PM

Aug 2021
you know, i have to say that i am an absolutely massive fan on how they ended this. i think it was done absolutely perfect. all of the small details connect. the parallels are genuinely perfectly done. between ishigami and ino starting a war the same as kaguya and shirogane did with all the details and iconic quotes aligned. the new scholarship student being helped by ishigami and also looking exactly like shirogane. tsubasa holding up the family legacy of getting a girl pregnant at 17 and even the last page of the series has a callback to the beach vs mountains battle. and of course, the new battle between kaguya and shirogane now being to see who proposes first. absolutely perfect. i like how they gave us a look into the future for everyone but then coming back to finish it off at the graduation because that way we got to see where everyone ends up like hayasaka getting to travel and shirogane and kaguya being married, but we still get sent of in the school we spent so much time in and it just feels like the perfect send off. i could ramble on for so long about everyhting but i've used the word perfect so many times already i think that's exactly how to explain it. perfect. a perfect ending to one of the greatest things i've ever had the pleasure of reading. man, i'm gonna miss this so much.
Nov 17, 2023 10:03 AM
Feb 2019
A series that actually balances wacky Romantic schemes and the heartfelt emotions of the cast.

I recommend to any who loves romance manga's.
Nov 25, 2023 1:43 AM

May 2012
It's been about a year since this chapter came out and I've finally gotten around to seeing it off. There was a time when I would eagerly read and enjoy each new chapter on a weekly basis. But some time after the culture festival arc reading weekly became less and less enjoyable and I would find myself focusing more on the negatives and what each chapter was lacking rather than appreciating the good parts. Finally, after the ABC's arc I decided to stop reading since I was sceptical about how enjoyable the Shinomiya family conflict would be and ultimately decided to read the rest in one go. Haven't been consuming as much anime and manga in the last year but I had to eventually back to a series that I really loved at one point. Reading the last ~50 chapters in one go was a good decision for me, I definitely feel like if I had read it weekly I wouldn't have enoyed it as much and would have complained about a ton of stuff. With that out of the way, my thoughts on the series as a whole:

The Mindgame Phase (Basically everything up to Sports festival) - It's crazy to look at the early series and comparing it to the later chapters. I really enjoyed the early, almost episodics style chapters and thought the mindgame structure was a great hook that made you interested in the characters. Obviously it couldn't have gone on forever and Aka chose a good time to transition into more consistent storytelling and characterization (sans Fujiwara). The comedy was at it's best in this period, some of my favorite parts include: Ishigami's intro/him trying to quit, the french exchange party, Hayasaka trying to seduce Miyuki. Can't go without mentioning the fireworks arc either, probably the point you realise the series is something special, that title drop!!!

Peak Romcom Phase (Sports Fest to Culture Fest) - The Sports Festival portrayed more darker and serious topics, and I think it did it in a good way where the series was a bit more hit or miss with this stuff later on. Ishigami's backstory was compelling and him getting closure on his past was satisfying. the chapters from the sports festival to culture festival is when Aka was at his absolute best IMO. Each chapter would flow very nicely into the next and Aka did a great job of constantly planting seeds and foreshadowing even for comedy purposes (think of Fujiwara training Miyuki in the chapter Kashiwagi went to Kaguya for relationship advice). One of my absolute favorite stretches in the series is from the karaoke arc to the rap arc. The comedy and storytelling were both top notch in these chapters and the rap arc is a top 3 arc for me, it does such great job of delivering serious characterization/plot whilst also being hilarious - the arc really solidified Hayasaka as one of my favorite characters. Finally, this stretch of chapters ends with the culture festival which was the longest arc up till the point and boy did Aka smash it out of the park. He did an excellent job of showing everyones experience during the event whilst also building Miyuki's scheme/plan leading to that ultra hype climax, hands down the best arc of the series. Reading these stretch of chapters weekly was truly some of the best enjoyment I've had consuming any piece of fiction.

Post Culture Festival Phase - A lot of romcoms decide to end after the main couple get together and that's because you lose a lot material to work with; the "will they won't they" tension, misunderstandings, miscommunications. There's also the trend for romcom audiences to care more about the build up to the relationship then the actual relationship. Regardless, I applaud Aka for giving us tons more chapters after Miyuki and Kaguya got together but ultimately I feel like everything after the culture festival was the weakest part of the manga. Firstly, and this is an unpopular opinion, but I didn't enjoy the ice arc as much as others. I think the arc had execution issues though I acknowledge the conclusion was heartwarming and it addressed importants issues in Kaguya and Miyuki. The arcs up to culture festival all had minimal to no flaws IMO, but I found myself nitpicking and having issues with every arc after. Won't go through all my gripes but the main ones include: IshiTsuba should have ended at Christmas to give more room for IshiMiko (I'm not an ishimiko shipper btw), Shinomiya family drama always felt awkward and out of place, Iino/Osaragi conflct felt uneccesary. That being said, I'm still glad Aka continued the series after Kaguya and Miyuki got together because it was still enjoyable as a whole (just not as good as the first half of the manga) and the ABC's arc was a great way too address the final hurdle in the main couples relationship (excluding external stuff like Kaguya's family).

Overall, I can understand if some people feel like there are some loose ends or plot points being rushed (i.e IshiMiko, Shirogane's mom, the new characters when the new year started). but I think the extras for the final volume do a good job of explaining why Aka thought it was a good time to end the series. Kaguya's profile in the extras notes "this becomes the story of how a lonely girl decided to be a normal girl" and it ends on "HAPPY END". Compare this to every other characters profiles, even Miyuki's, which ends on some variation of "their story will go on". What that tells you is that whilst the series gives attention to a lot of characters, the story is still built around the titular character and by the end of the series Kaguya had pretty much become a complete character and has achieved her happily ever after. I'll reiterate that I understand some people might feel unsatisfied with certain plot points but I'm okay with it since I view it from the perspective that this is Kaguya's story and her story is complete.

I'd give the series an 8.5/10 as a whole, the first half is perfect IMO but the second half not so much (but still enjoyable). I consider this the pinaccle of the romcom genre with some of the highest highs in any manga regardless of genre.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2023 5:58 AM
Jan 2021
sad cuz 7,5 years with them now this manga has end their story
Dec 24, 2023 5:58 AM
Jan 2021
sad cuz 7,5 years with them now this manga has end their story
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» Attack on titan reference (Chapter 224 spoilers)

Hickykissy - May 12

3 by ptero93 »»
May 12, 12:22 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Chapter 271 Discussion

solace - Jul 26, 2022

29 by ABWN »»
May 1, 9:20 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Chapter 223 Discussion

NakolHira - Apr 5, 2021

47 by thicdicdaddy27 »»
Apr 19, 9:25 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2015

11 by daywithoutgames »»
Mar 1, 11:23 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Chapter 251 Discussion

Depal2 - Jan 25, 2022

35 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Feb 20, 4:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.