Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
To Your Eternity
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 23, 2022 10:33 AM

Mar 2020
First of all, it definitely is a bit of a downgrade from Brain's Base's adaptation of Season 1, and that was expected. The main question I have is how the emotional stuff will be executed this time around, because Fushi as an adult just seems way less engaging so far.

As for the OP, I love Pink Blood, but you gotta have a new OP, even if it isn't as good in my opinion, that's a bit of a red flag on the budget and production of this season.

Overall, it's fine, and I hope they can rebound after the sub-par last arc of Season 1.
Oct 23, 2022 10:49 AM

Jan 2018
After more than a year after the first season, To Your Eternity returns with Season 2!
It definitely feels longer than a year of wait. Really missed Fushi and the others.

Hearing "Pink Blood" again certainly brought back a lot of memories. Pretty bold for them to reuse the Season 1 OP theme but with a new animation. But I guess the Season 1 OP was good enough that they didn't feel the need to change. The ED was instrumental again too.

So many things happened in this episode, and the pacing was fast. But as a season opener, it did its job by hooking me right from the get go. Looking forward to what happens next and what sort of tragedies will unfold. Older Fushi certainly feels wild. My boy has grown a lot.
Oct 23, 2022 10:55 AM
Mar 2015
40 years have not improved our bois situation
Oct 23, 2022 11:00 AM

Jul 2015
How many chapters did they skimmed thru.. God!
This felt a fast as fk paced episode.. Tho, I'm just happy that Fushi is back! Lets freaking gooo!

That Reveal of Tonari at the end.. HOLY SHIT! Never been so much happy..
The animation does feels like it has dipped in a bit.. But animation was never ever the strong point of To Your Eternity so its not that big of a problem..

anyways I'm just happy that its back..
Oct 23, 2022 11:02 AM

Oct 2017
Hayase's obsession is on another level. Hisame's cute but she's dangerous. Tonari became a badass in the timeskip and Fushi has grown too. Decent start to the season, let's see how things go this time.
Oct 23, 2022 11:08 AM

Aug 2018
erikkamirs said:
This episode feels cheaper than the first season. However, since it is still based on the manga, I think a lot of the qualities of the manga will shine through.

BTW, they did cut some stuff (arguably for the better tbh, I don't need the scene where Fushi and Hisame sleep next to each other because they have no understanding of human reproduction). I also think Fushi refused to shape-shift for a couple decades (his body naturally aged when he didn't shapeshift). They cut that out.

Fushi makes for a funny middle-aged man. He's walking around shirtless. He's turning into fish. He refuses to eat fish, but will happily eat Nokker jerky. He doesn't bathe. He's mean to children. He's the ancient equivalent of a hikikomori lmaooooo.

The episode likely makes no sense to anime-onlys, so read manga chapters 55 onwards.

Edit:reread chapters 55-57. The anime accurately recreates most of the manga. Except, the part where Fushi feels guilty about using his friends' dead bodies to survive. So he decides to stay as his white-haired form and develop his own skills. Also I misremembered the scene where Fushi and Hisame sleep next to each other to reproduce, that comes up later in the manga.
Manga readers and posting spoilers unprompted, name a more iconic duo
Oct 23, 2022 11:14 AM
Jan 2018
Tbh, expected way more people talking about the op. I mean the song was great from last season already.

But looking at this season's op, I'm already sorely disappointed. Imo most good anime I've seen has banger ops. I mean I'm not exactly a fan of chainsaw man from the manga but man, the op is a banger.

This season's op felt flat. No one else feel like they wasted first 10-15s on Fushi being in the ocean?

They also used the same flashing of images at the same point of season 1's op. But this time it was just a map? Although it might be inspired by last season, the execution feels meh. All in all, very disappointing op.

Maybe I'm too critical about the op. Or they hidden stuff like in season 1's op. Well time would tell. I also agree that the animation felt less organic. Though it's only first episode so let's let it ride
sibu12345Oct 23, 2022 11:20 AM
Oct 23, 2022 11:37 AM
Apr 2020
Finally back! I really love this series!
Oct 23, 2022 11:50 AM

Mar 2018
Ronninn said:
The pacing and the direction is just seriously off, knew this changing studio will be bad

yeah the pacing is quite bad, no breathing room in the dialogue what so ever, hopefully they're just getting into the swing of it and its just a first episode thing
Oct 23, 2022 12:23 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Interesting beginning for this new arc, they didn't even change the OP song though uh, but it's surprising to see Hayase's daughter with Hayase's soul still here even after her death and now Tonari grew up and became very resistant xD it feels weird to see her as an adult now
Oct 23, 2022 12:40 PM
May 2021
So it's been 40 years and Hayase can't seem to let go of Fushi, and it turns out Hisame wasn't as good as I thought
ASOIAF is the best piece of fiction

Oct 23, 2022 12:42 PM
Dec 2020
Glad they kept the op
Oct 23, 2022 1:36 PM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
It's back and already quite a twisted situation. Life in the ocean was an interesting tale.
Oct 23, 2022 2:08 PM

Jan 2021
So glad this show is back og
Oct 23, 2022 2:11 PM
Jan 2021
Hayase's granddaughter is dangerous and not trustworthy and has a very unusual buff arm... ermmmmm.... she also used the same trick as Hayase with the poison.
Anyway, Tonari's alive LETS GOOO!!
Oct 23, 2022 2:34 PM

Sep 2014
NGL I forgot 99% of the characters even though it hasnt been that long since I watched season 1. Hayase was the crazy yandere girl right? I guess I will have to check the character pages.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 23, 2022 2:43 PM
Nov 2021
It was great. My only things that seemed out of place to me where the guardians just randomly showing up with no sign of transportation and that they decided to drug Fushi and the doctors at the end.
Also, did Fushi learn to control his age? Pretty sure he's transformed at least a few times with all the Knockers he's killed.
Oct 23, 2022 2:43 PM
Apr 2022
I dont like this reincarnating cuse i saw the anime maybe 1 year later and i rly dont cared about the last 6 episode so i dont rly know who is who right now
Oct 23, 2022 2:44 PM

Feb 2021
Great episode! Still the same Fushi and general atmosphere! I am so glad to enjoy all these adventures again!!

I wonder if they will adapt the Present Arc, many people who read the manga don't like it. Let's see what they decide. If not, I am happy they adapted the Past Arc. It is amazing in itself!
Oct 23, 2022 3:06 PM

Jul 2014
Hey, they are using the same OP song. I like it a lot so that's nice but at the same time it's really weird to have the same song being used in a completely different season.

The pacing was off, things moved too fast.

Hisame and her group appearing out of nowhere felt weird. She is such a roller coaster. First we see how she's brainwashed and thinks Hayase's actions were appropriate, then she's kind of cute and maybe eventually she can change but... nope, she really is the reincarnation of Hayase, of course she would drug Fushi lol.

Her reaction to how Tonari was immune to whatever she gave her was great, I didn't expect to have her back. I wasn't a fan of her younger self though.

Looking forward to more, I really liked the first season but I hope we go beyond Fushi losing loved ones.
SkyLETVOct 23, 2022 3:10 PM
Oct 23, 2022 3:33 PM

Feb 2021
SkyLETV said:
Hey, they are using the same OP song. I like it a lot so that's nice but at the same time it's really weird to have the same song being used in a completely different season.

The pacing was off, things moved too fast.

Hisame and her group appearing out of nowhere felt weird. She is such a roller coaster. First we see how she's brainwashed and thinks Hayase's actions were appropriate, then she's kind of cute and maybe eventually she can change but... nope, she really is the reincarnation of Hayase, of course she would drug Fushi lol.

Her reaction to how Tonari was immune to whatever she gave her was great, I didn't expect to have her back. I wasn't a fan of her younger self though.

Looking forward to more, I really liked the first season but I hope we go beyond Fushi losing loved ones.

Yes, I like the pacing.

Still, it is great that Tonari and Sandel are alive! I am happy for them! Tonari is so clever, I like her!
Oct 23, 2022 4:18 PM
Jul 2020
I'm surprised and a little upset that they kept the same opening. But the ocean and Fushi in it were very beautiful. I see Bon (what is behind him, a guillotine chtoli?) Again, solid spoilers. Finally, we see someone's boyfriend) A guy with blue eyes and a girl with pink hair are beautiful)
I flipped through the spoilers and didn't read the entire manga, but the Fushi crab and the fish's friendship story was incredibly touching in just two pages in the manga, but I didn't feel it in the anime. In general, there was some sense of rush from the series.
I was so happy when Fushi said: Finally, this bitch is dead! 😘 Happy for him.
Fushi eats Molotkov, some vibes of the kringa (and also sends children, and stinks). I am delighted.
At first, her granddaughter seems cute, but my suspicions began when she offered Fushi jelly, the same Hayase poisoned Mati. I thought it was just their national cuisine, or I just didn’t recognize Tonari right away, but I thought that they were similar, probably her daughter. Tonari must now be 54 years old and outrageously HOT. Tonari says that some girl told everyone about Fushi. Well, I understood what kind of girl it was, Tonari. Surprisingly, Tonari's friend is also alive.
The poison scene is good, I confess I didn't realize at first that this cute little girl poisoned everyone.
It seemed that the first girl in the ending is Rin, but no, it's not her.
P.S. Am I the only one who saw Rachel from TOG in the opening? lol
Oct 23, 2022 4:28 PM

Oct 2020
Hayase’s simping genes are strong. Also Tonari is great as usual.

Oct 23, 2022 4:45 PM

Feb 2017
yay!! glad to see this is back, it feels like a lifetime since watching s1. no new OP is surprising, luckily i like this song lol. i liked the brief recap of all the characters from s1 because i forgot about most of them. and wow i recognized tonari right away - i'm very happy to see her!

placeholder text
Oct 23, 2022 4:56 PM

Oct 2020
Triggerfish124 said:
It was great. My only things that seemed out of place to me where the guardians just randomly showing up with no sign of transportation and that they decided to drug Fushi and the doctors at the end.
Also, did Fushi learn to control his age? Pretty sure he's transformed at least a few times with all the Knockers he's killed.

Fushi hasn’t controlled his age, his base boy form just hasn’t died since he decided to be human again. Whatever body he’s in ages if he stays in it.

Oct 23, 2022 5:10 PM
Nov 2021
maha_thecat said:
Triggerfish124 said:

Fushi hasn’t controlled his age, his base boy form just hasn’t died since he decided to be human again. Whatever body he’s in ages if he stays in it.

He ages when he doesn't change form, agreed. however, it shows him fighting the knockers and changing several times. There is a probable chance he hasn't changed forms since then, but I'm not sure that's likely, simply because how he fights is by taking advantage of the different forms he has. Ig he could take care of them pretty easily with those explosive arrows, but the knockers are supposed to learn from previous experience so I don't see why they wouldn't have learned to counter them. Of course, atm it seems like they just take control of whatever material they can. There's also the fact he recognized that different bodies are suited to different bows.
Oct 23, 2022 5:14 PM

Mar 2020
OK. Oh please die guardians. Hisame please die.

Same OP song from the first season. Hikaru Utada's『Pink Blood』with new visuals.

What the.. I've never realized that was Tonari and Sander until that's last scene. That's why her looks kinda familiar. 😂 Good to see them again!!!!! Thanks God!
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Oct 23, 2022 5:27 PM

Aug 2020
this show is so good and so underrated~!
Oct 23, 2022 6:05 PM
Apr 2021
AHHHHH NO WAY TONARI IS ALIVE😭😭😭🥹😭😭😭 I CANT believe she made it for forty years just to see fushi🥹🥹🥹🥺
Oct 23, 2022 7:12 PM
Sep 2019
This season I feel like could be quite sad. Last episode of the first season I cried so much toward the end. Now it feels like in this season we'll meet some of the descendants of some of the characters from the first season and some of the characters we knew is possibly dead. And I am curious why the narrator sounded so different in this first episode. I hope its just a weird first ep thing and he will go back to normal in the next episode lol. He sounded normal playing as his own character and toward the end after the credits.
Oct 23, 2022 7:14 PM

Jul 2020
Good start to the new season, already liking what I’m seeing a lot!

"Truth is always a cruel thing."

Oct 23, 2022 7:21 PM
Jan 2021
LoreMasterDan said:
That was a really intriguing first episode, I'm glad everything seems to be good on the pacing side as I really like the arcs that are to come, production is around the same and that's just a plus to me.

Fushi is back on his lonely journey towards his next destination of despair with a new face into the mix...the overall feel of the episode has definitely stayed consistent and I am all for that.

The team working on this put a lot of effort into this and I can't wait to see next weeks episode.

Really? I feel like the pacing was quite fast
Oct 23, 2022 7:35 PM

Mar 2016
Ok so I have a couple of questions: who was the brave, the madlad, the legend who banged Hayase? And did he got a medal or something for accomplishing that brave act?
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Oct 23, 2022 8:18 PM
Feb 2020
It's great to see Fushi again. The very being I didn't trust Hisame, If I was Fushi I would destroy the whole clan. Wasn't expecting Tonari to appear and save the day! Can't wait for episode 2!
Oct 23, 2022 8:34 PM
Jul 2016
I honestly didn't expect that Woman to be who she actually is at the end. But bless Her soul
Oct 23, 2022 9:28 PM
Dec 2021
Great episode! Somatic cells.
Oct 23, 2022 9:41 PM

Jul 2012
I guess the budget wasn't enough to buy a new song for the OP lol

I wasn't hyped on this one, but I actually enjoyed this episode more than I expected I would. I liked the timeskip, having a much older and experienced Fushi I think is interesting to see.
Oct 23, 2022 10:18 PM

Jul 2015
Great first episode! Can't complain. Welcome back Fushi :D
Oct 23, 2022 10:26 PM
Sep 2022
Good first episode, feels like a continuation of the first season, so it is a smooth transition
Oct 23, 2022 10:42 PM
Jul 2019
The journey of Fushi the immortal continues, it feels so good seeing Fushi and Tonari again after all this time.
Oct 23, 2022 11:10 PM

Nov 2012
Ecstatic they kept the same theme!
Fushi was not only speaking regularly but he was babbling.
Did anyone notice that Fushi was kind of pudgy and got slimmer during the trek to the boat?
dragynfaerieOct 23, 2022 11:38 PM
Oct 23, 2022 11:36 PM

Feb 2021
Wonder will they adapt the Present Arc next.
Oct 24, 2022 12:42 AM
۰˚☽˚⁀➷。

Jul 2022
While I absolutely adore Pink Blood, I'm a little conflicted about using it again. I kind of wish they had at least used a different section of the song, although most of the song sounds the same there are bits and pieces that sound different that I wish they would have used. This is a bit nit picky on my part I will admit. I love the visuals though.

While this episode felt kind of like exposition vomit, I didn't mind it or the pacing. Despite a change in studio and directors, it felt like a normal episode of To Your Eternity. The animation wasn't too much to talk about but, I never really cared much for the animation in the first season anyway so its not a big deal. The story carries itself on its own without the need for flashy visuals.

I'm very happy to see Tonari again she's such a badass! The preview for the next ep has me worried for her I hope shes ok. Very excited to get introduced to that dude with a pomp. I have no idea when we'll see him but I hope it soon. Dude looks like hes straight from Jojos, I have a feeling he's going to be one of my favs.

Anyways great first episode !! I really enjoyed it, I'm just glad to be getting more of this series. Miss you Gugu </3

鐘の音が聞こえるかね?「紅蓮よこの身を焦がし私を導け」
*+♰。.🕭.。♰+ *
ダーク・ファイア「くすぶる欲望」
Oct 24, 2022 2:01 AM
Jan 2019
Decent episode. Animation was fine and if this is the standard for the next 20 episodes, I'm not worried about the studio change. I'm a little worried about pacing, the cult crew just showed up out of no where and I found myself a bit lost. But after that it was fine and made sense.

Biggest issue was the poison scene. The musical choice and direction just felt off and didn't feel like a "twist" was coming. Maybe it's just me but it didn't work. Music sounded kinda happy but really the nine year old was plotting.
Oct 24, 2022 2:12 AM
Mar 2018
Great to see Fushi back again.

Time for more suffering.
Oct 24, 2022 2:30 AM
May 2021
great start to a new season
Oct 24, 2022 3:45 AM

May 2021
Not a great opening ep, it went by a bit too fast, with our black emo guy throwing exposition at us like always. At least they kept Pink Blood. Lazy maybe but I like it. What's with his old friends getting reincarnated left and right?

Oct 24, 2022 5:26 AM

May 2015
It was a great episode for a set-up. Tonari is back! It's so refreshing to see older characters taking the main roles, looking forward to the rest of the season.
Oct 24, 2022 5:28 AM
Sep 2020
Everything is perfect, but the OP feels like an amv, I wish they tried something different for season 2.
Oct 24, 2022 6:31 AM

Oct 2016
I definitely think the production quality is a step down compare to the earlier episodes of the first season, but I don't think it's bad at all as long as it stays consistent.

Great to have our immortal boy or I guess immortal man right now back. I love the transformation of Fushi's personality lmao and it's only going to fluctuate from here, mans need therapy.

Ah yes, Fushi's ocean adventures...

Tonari staying awake and chugging those poisons while Fushi and Sandel are dead asleep was fucking badass.

Pink Blood is a banger and all, but could have gotten another banger OP, but I don't mind at all that much. Really looking forward to the next episode and the coming arcs.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2022

67 by FinalFlash18 »»
42 minutes ago

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2022

98 by FinalFlash18 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2022

100 by FinalFlash18 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2022

164 by FinalFlash18 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Mar 12, 2023

176 by Cookiez_X »»
Apr 27, 6:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.