Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 15, 2022 5:41 PM
Jul 2018
Sanji's entry was fire!
Good animation, proper pacing, great filler scenes between Kin'emon & Momo. It was really good, toei really adapted it properly and it hurts.....
The ending gave me goosebumps!
removed-userOct 17, 2022 12:01 AM
Oct 15, 2022 5:49 PM

Sep 2015
The re-cap was surprisingly short !
Although some re-cap would've been nice to refresh my memory

Seeing Chopper cry at his monster form was something new.
They've arrived to Wano faster than I expected too..

Even Izo's pistol needs aura, STOP TOEI!
Chopper falling on his back with those candy arrows. But someone needs to knockout Perosperos already.

MY BOY SANJI!! THE GOAT!! saves the day!! WAAAAH!!! Sanji ! DAMN SANJI the way and he spins Queens head around like a helicopter and deflecting the candy arrows
AND AT THE SAME TIME KNOCKING OUT PEROSPEROS!!

DamN! Kinemon! Taking a hit so hard!

August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Oct 15, 2022 6:18 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Still waiting for Crunchyroll to post the ep... they're late D:
Oct 15, 2022 6:20 PM

Aug 2019
Damn you know an episode is crap when the best part was just 5 seconds of great animation. Sanji attacking Queen was literally the only part of the episode that interested me... and then of course even that turned into some Looney Tunes-esque bullshit with Queen's head rotating like crazy and totally ruining what could've been a very epic moment, but that's more Oda's fault than Toei's. Everything else including Kinemon's scene and the unnecessary flashbacks were lame as usual.

Oh and now even guns need special auras? **** off, Toei.
Oct 15, 2022 7:59 PM
Aug 2018
good to see sanji in action taking queen 1 vs 1,
also i like the short re-cap, the bond between momonosuke and kinemon like real father and son is something really good to watch.
Oct 15, 2022 8:01 PM

Nov 2012
Sanji came in like a boss! Queen turned into a helicopter! His neck should bebroken or longer. Glad Pero took flight.

Are we gonna find out that Luffy's mom or grandmom was a fishwoman and that he can breathe under water? Unless a friendly fishman comes by who is gonna get him out. Jinbe is busy. Wait. Are Kaido & Yamato fish people?
dragynfaerieOct 15, 2022 8:07 PM
Oct 15, 2022 8:04 PM
May 2018
Relleno a mas no poder en este arco
Oct 15, 2022 8:24 PM
Feb 2021
Honestly, 6/10 episode. Liked the Sanji part 〽️ Again Re-cap ...... now things gonna get interesting
Oct 15, 2022 8:33 PM
Oct 2022
Sanji just kicked the shit out of Queen
Oct 15, 2022 8:43 PM

Jul 2013
Sanji's entrance was literally fire and his kick made Queen transform into a helicopter. His words towards a devastated Chopper just show the overwhelming amount of trust he still has in Luffy. I'm glad Sanji took over Choppers fight, because with Choppers emotional state right now, he wouldn't be able to do anything.

I enjoyed the flashback between Momo and Kinemon. Also funny how difficult it was for both them to get used to the fact that they couldn't use the usual title for each other. They might not be real father and son, but their bond is easily on the same level. It's looking grim for Kinemon. He was extremely injured before and now he got even pierced with a sword by Kaido.

So I was right about Momo hearing Luffy's voice. Still not sure how it's even possible, but at least everyone got a confirmation that Luffy is still alive. I'm just wondering how he wants escape out of the sea. With what we know about devil fruits, it shouldn't be possible for him to get out on his own.

Onigashima finally reached Wano and it shouldn't be too long until it will also reach the flower capital. Time is definitely ticking.

Oct 15, 2022 8:44 PM
Mar 2021
"Tell them I will definitely come back and defeat Kaido!" Fire
Oct 15, 2022 8:59 PM
Dec 2019
Lol they way Sanji kicked Queen turning him into a helicopter. Nice to see some more flashbacks about Kin'emon and Momo. And Momo's words is just what everyone needed to hear.
Oct 15, 2022 9:00 PM
May 2020
luffy be drowning for a long ass time
Oct 15, 2022 9:06 PM

Jul 2007
The preparations are almost complete, and the stage is set for the final battles. I can't wait to see Sanji and Queen's fight. Queen is quite an interesting character. Also, I know alot of people probably have some questions about what happened with Luffy seemingly telepathically communicating with momo and stating to the whole of wano country that he will take down kaido. phew boy, hang on to your hats and buckle those seat belts, the outcome will shock you. We are all looking forward to this moment in the anime. 😊

Oct 15, 2022 9:27 PM

Dec 2020
Anime reached sanji's fight? I need to catch up asap. Peak fight and peak character development incoming.
Oct 15, 2022 9:46 PM

Apr 2022
glad sanji had his moment this episode. momonosuke letting everyone know luffy is alive was my fav part tho
Oct 15, 2022 9:49 PM
Jul 2018
this episode is very good the last two episodes were just alright but this one is good I can't wait for the next episode
Oct 15, 2022 9:55 PM
Feb 2022
suzuki ur a goat expect to see more banger episodes like this
Oct 15, 2022 10:24 PM

Dec 2013
Sad to see Kinemon get taken out.

I loved Sanji's entrance. I'm looking forward to his fight against Queen!
Oct 15, 2022 10:28 PM
Oct 2022
I'm looking for to Sanji vs Queen and Zoro vs King....

Mod Edit: Removed Video (Advertising)
Koito91Oct 15, 2022 11:35 PM
Oct 15, 2022 10:32 PM
May 2022
I mean, why did Toei have to show us so much Momonosuke and Kinemon flashbacks? I would rather see the others fight than that fr...
Oct 15, 2022 11:04 PM
Jul 2022
it was too good but
5.also the entry of sanji was dope🥵🥵.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
-DxP-Oct 17, 2022 10:17 AM
Oct 15, 2022 11:13 PM
Feb 2021
This ep was so emotional. Kin'emon's death is sad but I saw that coming. Can't wait to see further development of this arc!
Oct 15, 2022 11:20 PM

Aug 2014
Sanji coming with the cluth rescue. His vibe is so dope.
Also the Akazaya Samurai loyalty is always so emotionally moving. What a loyal follower!!
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Oct 16, 2022 12:25 AM
Oct 2022
Idc about aura. But flashbacks are really Annoying. Aura’s in Wano are pretty cool so if it would be in other arcs I would be angry tho. I’ve never looked on the animation. They’re doing good job so I can’t complain
Oct 16, 2022 2:35 AM
Feb 2021
We still need to wait a lot for gear 5 damn
Oct 16, 2022 3:02 AM

Oct 2017
Queen went flying, good entrance from Sanji.
Oct 16, 2022 3:11 AM
Mar 2018
Which manga chapter does it cover?
Oct 16, 2022 3:12 AM

Jul 2016
eKilluaZiP said:
Honestly, 6/10 episode. Liked the Sanji part 〽️ Again Re-cap ...... now things gonna get interesting

Sanji made this episode 5/5 for me. Rest was 3/5
Oct 16, 2022 3:33 AM
Mar 2018
Great creation of anticipation on Luffy's comeback!!!
Oct 16, 2022 3:56 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Oh man, The G force was so strong after Sanji's kick that Queen stole Sasaki's flow in an instance.
Oct 16, 2022 4:16 AM
Jan 2021
love it so much!!!!
Oct 16, 2022 5:15 AM
Apr 2021
cool backstory from momo
Oct 16, 2022 5:33 AM
Dec 2019
Momo! Momo! Momo!
Oct 16, 2022 6:27 AM
Aug 2014
Why is everyone so surprised that Luffy was defeated? the crying, astonishment, loss of hope, and all that jazz. Kaido has been an emperor for longer than Luffy has been Alive. I'm sure the title comes with skill and power. Did they think a 20yr old something kid would just come in with inexperience and take down Kaido, lmao! that's a joke. Besides Sanji, he kept it G. I swear this dramaticism is written up for show. Plus he already lost before in one hit, you really think he going to come back and completely win? wow haha. And Sanji kicking Queen so hard that he turned into a helicopter and stopped all the candy arrows haha. Kin'emon trying to block a 2-handed overhead strick from Kaido and expected to actually block it? smh lol. Can this get any worse. Luffy has been descending in the sea for 2 eps now, I wonder how he'll get back to the surface or if he'll drown?
Oct 16, 2022 7:36 AM
Jun 2017
kin'emon rest in piece
Oct 16, 2022 7:51 AM
Oct 2022
Out of 23 mins episode, 2-3 mins goes on the intro, another 1-2 mins on recap, 8 mins on flashbacks,2-3 mins of face staring and laughs. Seriously what kind of bullshit is this? Do we wait a whole week for this kind of crap? In this episode there was 3 flashbacks of kinemon and we saw sanji kicking once and the screentime was over. Prolonging the story with such bullshits and claiming that it needs 5 or more years to complete the series? No wonder why the viewers are decreasing. If you dont want to screw it even more consider the things Ive mentioned above. Otherwise, you're gonna lose more viewers like me. Thanks
Oct 16, 2022 8:11 AM
Nov 2020
titania-mormont said:
Which manga chapter does it cover?

chapter 1015 till page 13
Oct 16, 2022 8:49 AM

Apr 2022
Lovin the ending since we get to see Luffy will live although I know how I won't state. But I do know that we are about to get Sanji vs Queen and Zoro vs King. Which in other words Gear 5 Luffy is coming up. Which I do think it could even come in the next year or so though I do not know what Toei Animation is planning on doing I do think we'll finish Wano then get a 1-3 year break for Oda then we'll be done with One Piece Anime in about 10ish years. But a great episode. I'm glad we saw more Momonosuke because he's a great character. So I give this episode a 10/10.
Oct 16, 2022 8:58 AM
Mar 2021
The ending was perfect, but i kinda dislike the sanji/queen part, seem to goofy even for one piece
Oct 16, 2022 10:29 AM
Aug 2022
i loved how they showcased kinnemon and momonosuke's relationship
Oct 16, 2022 11:00 AM
Oct 2022
Sanji V Queen was amazing.
Oct 16, 2022 11:01 AM

Apr 2013
I never found Onigashima & the raid all that interesting to read, yet somehow Toei has managed to make it even worse to watch. Knowing there are people experiencing One Piece only in its animated form confuses me to no end.

Another episode that's literally 20 minutes of filling for 2 minutes of content. Disgusting.

Oct 16, 2022 12:08 PM
Oct 2021
too many flashbacks
Oct 16, 2022 12:56 PM
Apr 2020
literally nothing happened
Oct 16, 2022 1:15 PM
Jan 2021
As Luffy is sinking down in the water, everyone is reacting to the RUMOR that Luffy has been defeated! DO THESE GUYS NOT GET THAT WE’RE TALKING ABOUT NONE OTHER THAN MONKEY D. LUFFY, AKA STRAW HAT LUFFY, AKA THE FIFTH EMPEROR, AKA THE NEXT KING OF THE PIRATES, THE GREATEST AND MOST BADASS FICTIONAL CONCEPT TO EVER BECOME A CONCEIVABLE HUMAN THOUGHT?! LUFFY CAN’T BE DEFEATED! THAT IDEA IS ABSOLUTELY LUDACRIS.

Despite what they have heard, Izo and Kawamatsu are still fighting. They charge at the enemies in their way and strike back. Izo jumps in the air with his pistols and uses a move called Slicing Rounds to take out the nobodies surrounding the bigger guy and then Kawamatsu combos by taking out the giant dude with Kappa Style: River of Retribution. Izo points out the simple fact that Luffy’s death hasn’t been confirmed (BECAUSE HE KNOWS LUFFY ISN’T DYING UNTIL HE BECOMES THE KING OF THE PIRATES).

Then we see Sanji jump into action as well. Sanji is upset that everyone really believes this GARBAGE narrative that Luffy is actually dead, because he knows that he doesn’t need to worry about the Straw Hat, AKA The Fifth Emperor, AKA The Next King of the Pirates.

On the other hand, Chopper is crying his eyes out while Queen tries to “encourage” him to keep fighting. Perospero capitalizes on Chopper’s UNJUSTIFIED despair and launches another Apocalyptic Candy Shower. While airborne, the arrows split apart and multiply, creating a shower of arrows (as the name implies). Before the arrows have a chance to hit, Queen has small teeth pop out of his regular teeth. But then… Sanji smashes into the scene with Diable Jambe. He’s up in the air above Queen and starts moving around so gracefully with his enflamed leg. He lands a clean strike on Queen that he calls Rotisserie Strike. As a result, Queen’s head starts spinning so quickly that he’s able to block all the incoming arrows from the Candy Shower attack from earlier, with Perospero standing there in utter AWE of what is currently going on. Queen goes right into Perospero and knocks him completely out of the battle. Sanji commends Chopper for his efforts and makes sure to ensure him that Luffy will be just fine. He is LUFFY after all. He hands Zoro over to Chopper and lets him know once Zoro has recovered they’ll have the strength of 10 men, Zoro wakes up momentarily to correct Sanji and tell him that they’ll have the strength of 2,000 MEN! That’s right Zoro, don’t let Sanji disrespect your strength! Sanji has decided to take out the trash that is known as Queen, and Marco comes to stand with him.

We get back to the fighting between Kaido and Kin’emon. Kaido has striked down Kin’emon and despite his injuries, Kin’emon gets back up. He tells Kaido to wait as he isn’t done yet. He struggles to walk towards Kaido and despite the fact that his sword has been shattered, he is determined to keep Kaido away from Momonosuke. So, Kin’emon takes his sword and stabs it into Kaido’s leg. Kaido himself is just standing there looking at him. As this is going on Kin’emon thinks back to his past with the Akazaya and Momonosuke.

The group sees their wanted posters shortly after traveling to the future with Toki’s power. Momonosuke sees the graves of Oden and the Akazaya (as the Akazaya are presumed dead). Kin’emon requests to Momonosuke to call him “Father” from now on, because he doesn’t want the enemy to know that Momo is the son of Oden. He wants to do his best to keep Momo safe, and Momo agrees to this request. Raizo points out that Kin’emon still refers to Momonosuke by “sama” and Momo refers to Kin’emon by his name. He laughs as he knows the adjustment will be difficult. Kin’emon, Raizo, and Momonosuke are in a hut together and Kin’emon is practicing trying to say Momonosuke’s name without adding “sama”. However, he fails to do so and Momonosuke tells him that he’s adding “sama” in an undertone. Momonosuke is having trouble to do, because he can't get used to calling Kin’emon by the name “Father”. The three end up laughing together.

One day it’s raining and Momo is sitting with Kin. Momo is crying and Kin’emon does his best to embrace him and comfort him. Kin’emon thinks back to when he and Momo met the Straw Hat Pirates back at Punk Hazard and we get back to his confrontation with Kaido.

Kaido tries to tell Kin’emon that it’s pointless to stall for time as the result will be the same. Kaido takes his sword and prepares to deal the final blow to Kin’emon, and he does just that. Kin’emon has been impaled by Kaido’s sword. Kaido says “It’s always hard to believe… that you’re defeated!” We then see Momo and Shinobu continuing to run together. Momo thinks back to a time in which he and Kin’emon were sparring together with wooden swords.

Momo is holding one of Bao Huang’s cyborg frogs in order to deliver a message to everyone. He tells Shinobu that he can hear Luffy’s voice. Luffy tells Momonosuke to give everyone a message. Momo informs everyone that Luffy is alive and that he’ll be back. Momo asks everyone to keep on fighting, to fight as long as they live. We see Luffy sinking down into the sea and hear Luffy tell Momo to tell them “I will surely… defeat Kaido!”

THAT’S RIGHT LUFFY! NO ONE IS STOPPING THE FIFTH EMPEROR ANYTIME SOON!

I’M SO HYPED FOR THE NEXT EPISODE!
Oct 16, 2022 2:17 PM
Jun 2020
luffy is coming back fro sure in the next 2 episodes im soo excited
Oct 16, 2022 2:45 PM
Mar 2021
I really enjoyed the episode. The speech in the end was so good but the fact that this was so good makes what’s coming up hurt that much more 😅
Oct 16, 2022 2:47 PM
Jan 2021
It's starting to get very interesting. Can't wait for the next episode!!!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 16, 2022 4:03 PM
Nov 2021
i love momos speech massive character dev
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1103 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 4

42 by kyledluffy »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 468 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JusticeGundam - Sep 25, 2010

95 by gannoncannon55 »»
54 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 868 Discussion ( 1 2 )

SamBlack - Jan 12, 2019

82 by FedeMetal »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 867 Discussion ( 1 2 )

SamBlack - Jan 5, 2019

61 by FedeMetal »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1066 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

FMmatron - Jun 24, 2023

145 by Yubisoft »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.