Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 28, 2022 9:44 AM

Nov 2020
Are we entering the school shooter arc?
Sep 28, 2022 1:25 PM
Sep 2020
5/5, chapter 103 introduced me to 2 more illegal memes and this chapter has another one

DO NOT COME TO SCHOOL TOMORROW, this sentence summed up ASA's tragic character in a not so welcoming way
Sep 28, 2022 1:37 PM

Sep 2019
Shits about to get real. The panelling work is still impressive and I love how it unveils tons of twists along the way.
Sep 29, 2022 3:13 AM

Dec 2020
whoaaaa what the fuck lol. big plot point reveealed as our characters sunbathes ehike telling silly little secrets. thats so fujimoto but what the fuckkkkk yo😭😭 NAHH LIKE ? yuko is scary wtf😭😭
Sep 29, 2022 4:30 AM

Mar 2015
No way they actually pulled the some of you are alright don't come to school tomorrow 😂
Sep 29, 2022 1:14 PM

Oct 2013
Just when I thought Part 2's writing will be better, CSM returns to "random edgy storytelling". What a shame.

At least the paneling was as great as usual.

curvedtree said:
Isn't this kinda out of nowhere?

I also had such impression. Sure, similar things are nothing new in Fujimoto's writing, but ch. 105 was exceptional (in negative sense) even for Fujimoto's standards. At least I saw it that way.

Edit: typo.
AdnashOct 3, 2022 9:17 PM
Sep 29, 2022 3:56 PM
May 2012
love the paneling!
Sep 29, 2022 5:38 PM
Nov 2020
awesome
awesome
awesome
awesome
awesome
awesome
awesome
awesome
awesome
Sep 30, 2022 9:21 AM
Apr 2021
I can't believe her friends knows about everything. Where did she even find time to make a contract wit the justice devil??
Sep 30, 2022 10:00 AM

Jul 2021

official japanese version : https://shonenjumpplus.com/episode/316112896884974424
and mangaplus translation is so bad .

page 1 :

panel 2 : goof : where are the scars on the face of war devil ?

- yoru , you are a baka .
- watashi am a baka ? ... watashi am NOT a baka , watashi am NOT a baka .
- fine , i get it . you are not a baka . you are not a baka .

i cant wait to see this scene in a future chapter : the 2 girls finally see denji transforms into CSM , then war devil will look smug and yell : SEE ? I TOLD YOU HE IS REALLY CSM .

page 4 : "but how do we draw a devil to school ?" , and this line was said by a devil , lol . war devil can just transform and go on a rampage at school to lure out CSM .

page 5 :
- main girl : i brought you locally-produced juices .

page 6 :
- glasses girl : asa-chan , sit down , sit down .

page 12 :
- glasses girl : i killed my neighbor because he spitted on the public street . how dare he ? JUSTICEEE .

page 15 :
- old man : ... yuuko-chan ...
- glasses girl : ... ojii-chan ...

page 18 :
- glasses girl : ... and about yoru-chan ...

last pages :

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/some-of-you-guys-are-alright-dont-go-to-school-tomorrow

maybe justice devil has some relationships with war devil . in chapter 98 , justice devil had a contract with class president girl , and now it has a contract with glasses girl .

maybe in the next chapter , main girl will beg glasses girl to not go on a rampage at school , but glasses girl will say : i dont really care about your feelings though . even if my actions are bad and evil , but if my heart tells me to do them , then i will do them . ( this is her line in chapter 102 )

now glasses girl has many death-flags on her head , and i know the mangaka likes to kill off cute girls : at the end of part 1 of CSM , kobeni is the only girl who survives , lol .

Hello everyone , please check out and subscribe to my youtube channel , DayWithoutAnime 2.0 DayWithoutGame , that has many meme , funny anime / manga videos , thank you :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFNBo_02wOQwRJ4HXlzC9dw
Sep 30, 2022 1:20 PM
Mar 2021
locura de cap, se viene lo bueno
Oct 1, 2022 1:21 AM
May 2022
Idk there just doin the same mistake as AOT 4th season starting another plot outta no where not focusing on the main one.
Oct 1, 2022 1:33 AM
Aug 2022
oh god soo she gonna do it in American way?
Oct 1, 2022 4:25 AM
Feb 2021
Adnash said:
Jst when I thought Part 2's writing will be better, CSM returns to "random edgy storytelling". What a shame.

curvedtree said:

I also had such impression. Sure, similar things are nothing new in Fujimoto's writing, but ch. 105 was exceptional (in negative sense) even for Fujimoto's standards. At least I saw it that way.
wut?? wtf r u talking about dude and wtf is "random edgy storytelling"... are u reading same csm as me...nothing is random in csm...even justice devil's power was revealed in chapter 98 when class president learns about teacher liking asa by justice devil's power of mind reading...bro next time read csm with both eyes open...and its your fault u cant comprehend what author is saying..
ris908Oct 1, 2022 4:40 AM
Oct 1, 2022 9:40 AM

Oct 2013
ris908 said:
wut?? wtf r u talking about dude and wtf is "random edgy storytelling"... are u reading same csm as me...nothing is random in csm...even justice devil's power was revealed in chapter 98 when class president learns about teacher liking asa by justice devil's power of mind reading...bro next time read csm with both eyes open...and its your fault u cant comprehend what author is saying..

Chill, I only shared my thoughts about the chapter. I never said it was objective truth. So no need to act as if you were on the verge of mental breakdown because of that, lol. I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter yourself.
Oct 1, 2022 5:08 PM

Aug 2020
ris908 said:
Adnash said:
Jst when I thought Part 2's writing will be better, CSM returns to "random edgy storytelling". What a shame.

Rookie mistake, ignore the trolls
Oct 1, 2022 5:39 PM
Feb 2020
I think Yuko made a contract with the justice devil
Oct 1, 2022 7:51 PM
Feb 2021
2Birds1Stoned said:
ris908 said:

Rookie mistake, ignore the trolls
my mistake next time i will remember it bro..
Oct 2, 2022 1:51 AM
Nov 2020
This my favourite issue of part 2!
Man Fujimoto is too good, the dialogues, plot twists and character writing, legit feels like Tarantino but for Manga.
Even the panels have such cinematic feels, can't wait for the arc to end so that i can read it all over again.
Oct 2, 2022 3:42 AM

Apr 2019
Samextheft said:
Idk there just doin the same mistake as AOT 4th season starting another plot outta no where not focusing on the main one.

What's the main plot according to you? As far as I can tell Yoru's goal is to bring a devil to school to lure out Chainsaw Man. Yoru also needs a weapon that can help her fight Denji and has already shown interest in making Yuko her weapon. With the new development we can possibly get Yuko attacking the school with the power of the justice devil. This will lure out Denji who would fight the justice devil. Meanwhile Asa and Yoru can confront Yuko and turn her into a weapon. Finally Yoru and Denji can have their fight which is the main plot.

I could be totally wrong but the way I am seeing it Fujimoto is just putting all the pieces in place for an eventual confrontation between Yoru and Denji. How do you think the manga is deviating from the main plot?
Oct 2, 2022 5:00 AM

May 2021
Peaksaw man continues….

I would just like to say real quickly I KNEW SHE WAS EVIL
Oct 2, 2022 6:59 AM
Sep 2021
It's weirdly intense
Oct 2, 2022 2:51 PM
Oct 2020
T-Twwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Oct 3, 2022 7:09 AM
Mar 2022
foda pra um caraio
Oct 3, 2022 3:36 PM
May 2016
Adnash said:

curvedtree said:

It isn't out of nowhere though, nor is it "random edgy storytelling". Re-read the previous chapters! The seeds were sown, we were too busy obsessing over deathflags on Yuko to think her character could take this turn.
Oct 3, 2022 9:10 PM

Oct 2013
Modernoir said:
It isn't out of nowhere though, nor is it "random edgy storytelling". Re-read the previous chapters! The seeds were sown, we were too busy obsessing over deathflags on Yuko to think her character could take this turn.

I didn't refer to sudden twist of Yuko. It wasn't surprising to me. I expected her to either end up as a fodder character or maybe villain of some sort (sooner or later). Especially when earlier chapters presented her in suspiciously odd way (just look at her text from the panel you have shared). I read some other mangas by Fujimoto-sensei, so I got used to such themes appearing in his works.

So yeah, no worries, I don't speedread this manga and I'm not only familiar with this one manga by Tatsuki Fujimoto. ;D By "random edgy storytelling" I referred to the thing that I am not a fan of when we are talking about CSM. I meant basing the plot on twists, more or less surprising reveals that give earlier chapters more sense, or moments "shocking" to the point of edgyness, like having "Columbine High School massacre" reference. I know that teenagers liking soft gore and controversial dark humor surely loved it, but I'm not a fan of such things. Everything is of course subjective. I won't say that I'm right, or that I'm wrong. If somebody likes such writing, then I'm happy for that person that they can enjoy it. I, however, don't have to be one of them myself.

I feel like Fujimoto's art improved in CSM, but his storytelling worsened, compared to "Fire Punch" or "Goodbye, Eri" (both of these mangas I consider myself as far superior to CSM, especially the former, since I feel it had more depth than CSM has at the moment). I was positive that first chapters of Part 2 had taken different direction in handling the story than most of chapters of Part 1 had done, but it seems that it was just something meant to last for just few chapters (only to introduce readers to new characters etc.).

No matter how much depth and overthinking CSM fanbase can give into it, source material is source material and headcanon is headcanon. I'm not being salty here. Just such approach remind me of delusional "analyses" made by some Attack on Titan manga readers (before they started crying over their manga ending in the way they didn't like). They also reacted with hostility when somebody wanted to discuss their favorite manga, but suddenly could turn 180 degrees once something happened that they didn't like. Have you read many comments on the Internet about Fujimoto-sensei, when there was no Denji for several chapters, or about MAPPA, because there was a leak of CGI sequence from the upcoming anime? Such hostility and instability of what somebody loves or hates don't make analyses done by the very same people look as relevant to me. But it's just me.

I judge what is given to me, from a point of view of regular reader. Whether I read analyses or not, I always try to look at stuff from this perspective. It provides enough neutrality to give a fair and less subjective comment about something than if there were biases of any sort. And well... after all, we should "just listen to a song", eh? ;-)

It's kinda long post, but I wanted to elaborate further what I actually meant by mentioning "edgy storytelling in CSM". I expect at least one person appearing out of nowhere only to throw a slur at me for "hating mustardpiece mango" (even though I'm not - I like some elements present in Chainsaw Man; I'm just not hyping up every single square milimeter of it), but welp. I got used to such reactions back when I was more active among AoT manga fans. ;p

I didn't mean to sound salty or ignorant in any way. If you are anyone will have such impression after finishing reading this post, then I sincerely apologize. That was not my intention.
AdnashOct 3, 2022 9:13 PM
Oct 4, 2022 1:20 PM

May 2020
that was very unexpected
Oct 4, 2022 5:43 PM
Jul 2021
GOOOOD. this is what I want
Oct 4, 2022 9:20 PM
Feb 2021
King_KK said:
Samextheft said:

What's the main plot according to you? As far as I can tell Yoru's goal is to bring a devil to school to lure out Chainsaw Man. Yoru also needs a weapon that can help her fight Denji and has already shown interest in making Yuko her weapon. With the new development we can possibly get Yuko attacking the school with the power of the justice devil. This will lure out Denji who would fight the justice devil. Meanwhile Asa and Yoru can confront Yuko and turn her into a weapon. Finally Yoru and Denji can have their fight which is the main plot.

I could be totally wrong but the way I am seeing it Fujimoto is just putting all the pieces in place for an eventual confrontation between Yoru and Denji. How do you think the manga is deviating from the main plot?
he is troll bro..just ignore him.
ris908Oct 4, 2022 9:24 PM
Oct 4, 2022 9:42 PM
Feb 2021
Adnash said:
Modernoir said:

I didn't refer to sudden twist of Yuko. It wasn't surprising to me. I expected her to either end up as a fodder character or maybe villain of some sort (sooner or later). Especially when earlier chapters presented her in suspiciously odd way (just look at her text from the panel you have shared). I read some other mangas by Fujimoto-sensei, so I got used to such themes appearing in his works.

So yeah, no worries, I don't speedread this manga and I'm not only familiar with this one manga by Tatsuki Fujimoto. ;D By "random edgy storytelling" I referred to the thing that I am not a fan of when we are talking about CSM. I meant basing the plot on twists, more or less surprising reveals that give earlier chapters more sense, or moments "shocking" to the point of edgyness, like having "Columbine High School massacre" reference. I know that teenagers liking soft gore and controversial dark humor surely loved it, but I'm not a fan of such things. Everything is of course subjective. I won't say that I'm right, or that I'm wrong. If somebody likes such writing, then I'm happy for that person that they can enjoy it. I, however, don't have to be one of them myself.

I feel like Fujimoto's art improved in CSM, but his storytelling worsened, compared to "Fire Punch" or "Goodbye, Eri" (both of these mangas I consider myself as far superior to CSM, especially the former, since I feel it had more depth than CSM has at the moment). I was positive that first chapters of Part 2 had taken different direction in handling the story than most of chapters of Part 1 had done, but it seems that it was just something meant to last for just few chapters (only to introduce readers to new characters etc.).
i didnt understand what do u mean by his storytelling worsened...what do u want in just early 8 chapters, almost whole cast was died in part 1 new character introduction takes time and even in these 8 chapters asa's character has far more depth than any other currently running 300 chapter+ shonen women except maki from jjk , i consider both of them on same level...what more depth do u want?...lmao r u really reading this or just watching the pictures, nobody is hating u but your arguments seems pretty baseless and that is annoying to me at least and u dont need to apologize these r your point but give good points next time if u want to criticize..otherwise nobody would take u seriously.
You are talking about fujimoto's other work i read fire punch 2 times goodbye eri 3 times and look back 2 times and chainsaw man 5 times, i can assure u his writing and storytelling got better drastically in csm part 2, in csm part 1 he was chaotic whole time but now he is able to produce same chaos within something calm and cool just like chapter 105...anyone can predicted that yuko gonna die but the twist he gave to yuko was beyond i could imagine and that will help to progress the story...how is this a bad story telling...give me good criticism..otherwise u r just another annoying npc..
ris908Oct 4, 2022 10:06 PM
Oct 4, 2022 9:49 PM
Feb 2021
King_KK said:
Samextheft said:

bro ignore them..some people r just trolls..they read csm with both eye closed.
Oct 4, 2022 11:27 PM

Oct 2013
@ris908 , I appreciate and thank you for longer post explaining your point of view and also elaborating on it, however:

ris908 said:
give me good criticism..otherwise u r just another annoying npc..

Writing this just after I explained my earlier thoughts about CSM's writing and gave my arguments was really rude, don't you think? You simply ended your sentence with an attitude of an immature person who can only accept whether the opposite side agrees with them or says something acceptable. Everything else is just "hate" or whatever buzzword you can find out there.

So well, if my criticism was not good enough for you, then fine, but it's not my problem. I liked it myself. If you didn't, then you have right to not like it. But please, don't go with fallacies to force somebody to write a whole essay repeating the exactly same points that had been written earlier, just expanding them and hearing in the end "that was not good, because your opinion was bad and my is better".

Maybe I am indeed just "another annoying NPC" (or insert another word to describe hypothetical "boogeyman troll hating on CSM", lol) if it means having my own thoughts about something, whether they are seen as "based" or not by other people. I prefer it to be a fan blinded by hype and disrespectful to anyone not sharing the hype about anime or manga, or both. Sadly, recently there have been more and more that kind of fans in the world of animanga, especially of popular franchises like MHA or CSM. It can't be helped, I guess.
Oct 5, 2022 12:03 AM
Feb 2021
Adnash said:
@ris908 , I appreciate and thank you for longer post explaining your point of view and also elaborating on it, however:

ris908 said:
give me good criticism..otherwise u r just another annoying npc..

Writing this just after I explained my earlier thoughts about CSM's writing and gave my arguments was really rude, don't you think? You simply ended your sentence with an attitude of an immature person who can only accept whether the opposite side agrees with them or says something acceptable. Everything else is just "hate" or whatever buzzword you can find out there.

So well, if my criticism was not good enough for you, then fine, but it's not my problem. I liked it myself. If you didn't, then you have right to not like it. But please, don't go with fallacies to force somebody to write a whole essay repeating the exactly same points that had been written earlier, just expanding them and hearing in the end "that was not good, because your opinion was bad and my is better".

Maybe I am indeed just "another annoying NPC" (or insert another word to describe hypothetical "boogeyman troll hating on CSM", lol) if it means having my own thoughts about something, whether they are seen as "based" or not by other people. I prefer it to be a fan blinded by hype and disrespectful to anyone not sharing the hype about anime or manga, or both. Sadly, recently there have been more and more that kind of fans in the world of animanga, especially of popular franchises like MHA or CSM. It can't be helped, I guess.
i read your whole previous paragraph, i can tell you this writing is not edgyness my dude..it makes perfect sense to story and its the csm world that is cruel and make u act like edgy character and yuko made contract not for herself but for asa how is this edgy...and my question is if u dont like gore and dark humor why r u reading this and how did u even read fire punch that doesnt even make sense because in contrast to fire punch csm is just very tame...and whole yuko twist thing is not some sudden shock if u read part 2 properly it was just made to get the real interaction between yoru and denji because asa told yoru to bring devil to school so that denji transform into chainsaw man and it will be the first major encounter between them and here justice devil is making contract with school girls this is also major role player in the series... and nothing your point really said about bad story writing .. ..you r justifying your opinion by saying u dont tends to like it because its overhyped...bro thats even worse..you r judging every person who likes csm by saying they judge it in positive side because of hype...lmao i am reading fujimoto's work from 2017 when there was no hype then.. its pathetic to judge things based on hype and not by quality i am ok with u not liking a manga but u r contradicting yourself by saying people r bandwagoners thats why we should not do what other people r doing..lmao...
ris908Oct 5, 2022 12:19 AM
Oct 5, 2022 2:31 AM

Oct 2013
ris908 said:
you r justifying your opinion by saying u dont tends to like it because its overhyped...

Where I wrote such thing? I mentioned clearly another side of the coin you have tossed yourself. "Annoying NPC hater" vs. "Overhyped fan". I belong to neither of these two groups. If you don't belong to neither as well, then why getting so emotional over them?

ris908 said:
bro thats even worse..you r judging every person who likes csm by saying they judge it in positive side because of hype...

Again, where I said that every CSM fan is this or that? I mentioned social aspect of any fanbase of anything, not only anime and manga. You will find a lot of cool and respectful people, you might find toxic people, you can find whining side of a fandom (just look at AoT fandom after the final chapter was released, lol), as well as you can find a group of fans belonging to a fandom who are overhyping everything related to their favorite piece of media. I'm not judging anyone. That kind of people are present in any fandom, and the more popular certain thing is among "regular enjoyers", then of course each group will rise in numbers. You won't deny that CSM, MHA, or dunno, Spy x Family is at the moment very popular, no?

ris908 said:
its pathetic to judge things based on hype and not by quality i am ok with u not liking a manga but u r contradicting yourself by saying people r bandwagoners thats why we should not do what other people r doing..lmao...

I'm not contradicting myself. I only said that I like to look at things from my perspective. If my perspective corresponds with majority, then fine; but if it doesn't, I'm still fine with it.
It is you, however, who mentioned this whole "make better arguments or you are annoying NPC" concept before.
Oct 5, 2022 4:57 AM
Feb 2021
Adnash said:
ris908 said:
you r justifying your opinion by saying u dont tends to like it because its overhyped...

Where I wrote such thing? I mentioned clearly another side of the coin you have tossed yourself. "Annoying NPC hater" vs. "Overhyped fan". I belong to neither of these two groups. If you don't belong to neither as well, then why getting so emotional over them?

ris908 said:
bro thats even worse..you r judging every person who likes csm by saying they judge it in positive side because of hype...

Again, where I said that every CSM fan is this or that? I mentioned social aspect of any fanbase of anything, not only anime and manga. You will find a lot of cool and respectful people, you might find toxic people, you can find whining side of a fandom (just look at AoT fandom after the final chapter was released, lol), as well as you can find a group of fans belonging to a fandom who are overhyping everything related to their favorite piece of media. I'm not judging anyone. That kind of people are present in any fandom, and the more popular certain thing is among "regular enjoyers", then of course each group will rise in numbers. You won't deny that CSM, MHA, or dunno, Spy x Family is at the moment very popular, no?

ris908 said:
its pathetic to judge things based on hype and not by quality i am ok with u not liking a manga but u r contradicting yourself by saying people r bandwagoners thats why we should not do what other people r doing..lmao...

I'm not contradicting myself. I only said that I like to look at things from my perspective. If my perspective corresponds with majority, then fine; but if it doesn't, I'm still fine with it.
It is you, however, who mentioned this whole "make better arguments or you are annoying NPC" concept before.
true...i just wanna know your perspective about some of your bad criticisms about csm..but u r still going in circle without making progress...now then sorry for taking your time..dont continue thread anymore.
ris908Oct 5, 2022 5:04 AM
Oct 6, 2022 6:16 AM
Aug 2020
damn what a twist the chapter was kinda creepy
Oct 6, 2022 1:30 PM

Jul 2017
Humour in this chapter was gold. Never thought I'd officially see "don't come to school tomorrow" dropped in a manga and in 2022 lmao

Oct 6, 2022 6:51 PM
Jan 2019
The use of slang was solid and imagery great. Loved the america reference
Oct 7, 2022 1:30 AM
Aug 2019
school shooter threat at the end... not very justice-ey if you ask me.
Oct 8, 2022 7:06 PM

Aug 2020
Rigga said:
school shooter threat at the end... not very justice-ey if you ask me.

"Justice in the eye of the beholder" ~some philosopher probably
Oct 9, 2022 6:42 AM
Jul 2022
AINT NO WAY sdadadadasdsadasd
Oct 9, 2022 2:27 PM

Feb 2018
That got dark real quick towards the end there.
It just had to end like that... Luckily I don't have to wait long.
Oct 9, 2022 5:15 PM

Oct 2021
Seems that Yuko took some American influences on how to deal with bullying
Oct 10, 2022 8:25 AM
Feb 2021
csm best manga and anime 2022
Oct 10, 2022 8:54 AM
Apr 2016
DON"T COME TO SCHOOL TOMORROW??????? HOLY FUCK
Oct 11, 2022 7:33 AM
Jan 2022
I wont go to school tomorrow
Oct 13, 2022 4:56 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Forget school shooters, then Japanese girls are contractors now.
Oct 16, 2022 4:54 PM
Oct 2022
a little short but it was great build up
Oct 17, 2022 4:00 PM
Jun 2020
good morning USA!! lol
Oct 19, 2022 11:35 AM

Aug 2022
Uff... do I sense yandere les vibes? 😆
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 163 Discussion

jas-samaaa - Apr 23

48 by gannoncannon55 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 162 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 9

43 by FutureHendrix »»
Apr 22, 4:15 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 44 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kuma - Oct 25, 2019

52 by Hasanzade_S »»
Apr 21, 12:07 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 56 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2020

34 by Elijah0121 »»
Apr 20, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 52 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kuma - Dec 20, 2019

74 by Virtecek »»
Apr 18, 2:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.