Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 24, 2022 5:56 PM

Sep 2015
Now we're starting the epiusode off of Luffy falling down to the sea.
And what did Kaido mean by joyboy?

Screw you Zeus, you betrayed both Big Mom and Nami. He can get eaten for all I care.

Otama is safe at least, and all of a sudden Big Mom isn't as aggressive towards Ussop and Nami.
Now Zeus has a change of heart.

Queen and other Zoan type users really need lip syncing.

DAMN CHOPPER taking all the arrows from peros peros.
And tossing queen around!! WHOO!!

Annd Yamato is back
LOL even they fell for her fake Momo, but Hayami Saori nailed it.

And we're getting more flashbacks .__. A long one too... jeeeesus xD

Momos head hurting
Seems like the raid is in deep trouble jeez.

Big mom always changes her perspective on people instantaneouslky thouogh, but Kid to the rescue! Otama, Ussop and Nami are safe.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Sep 24, 2022 6:02 PM
Jul 2018
I can't believe they literally showed a 3 minute long Oden flashback!
Chopper slamming Queen, Kid's attack to BM & Kaido's dialogue, "you couldn't be joybpy either" are the main highlight of the episodes.

Even though they were short in staff, the animation was not as bad as I expected.
Sep 24, 2022 6:06 PM

Sep 2015
VolKur said:
Chopper slamming Queen, Kid's attack to BM & Kaido's dialogue, "you couldn't be joybpy either" are the main highlight of the episodes.

Even though they were short in staff, the animation was not as bad as I expected.

Wait what? they were short in staff?? Why?!
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Sep 24, 2022 6:10 PM
Jul 2018
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
VolKur said:

Last episode, 1033 animation was great. So, the next episode is obviously will suffer from animation. Same happened with episode 1018.
But this time it was real bad situation because director, story writer & animation director, all three things were done by single person.... Satohiko Sano.
Sep 24, 2022 6:46 PM

Aug 2019
Episode was fine up until they wasted 3 whole goddamn minutes on the 948576th Oden flashback. Like Jesus Christ, enough of the damn Oden shilling already. It's so repetitive and dull now. :/

Also not that the animation was horrible or anything (it was a 7/10 for me), but I hate how we'll get episodes that are a 10/10 animation-wise one week, then an episode that's a 5/10, then 7/10, then 10/10 again, then dropping down to 6/10 another week, etc. The inconsistency in quality is so irritating in this series, it's unbelievable. I realize this is nothing new, but I still felt like ranting about it. :P
Early_MorningSep 24, 2022 6:50 PM
Sep 24, 2022 6:53 PM

Sep 2015
Early_Morning said:
Episode was fine up until they wasted 3 whole goddamn minutes on the 948576th Oden flashback. Like Jesus Christ, enough of the damn Oden shilling already. It's so repetitive and dull now. :/

Also not that the animation was horrible or anything (it was a 7/10 for me), but I hate how we'll get episodes that are a 10/10 animation-wise one week, then an episode that's a 5/10, then 7/10, then 10/10 again, then dropping down to 6/10 another week, etc. The inconsistency in quality is so irritating in this series, it's unbelievable. I realize this is nothing new, but I still felt like ranting about it. :P

Because Toei is runned by multiple different teams and directors. They are constrained with time, while not having the time to even discuss things with other teams.

Sep 24, 2022 7:04 PM

Sep 2015
VolKur said:
AhriTheS3xyFox said:

Last episode, 1033 animation was great. So, the next episode is obviously will suffer from animation. Same happened with episode 1018.
But this time it was real bad situation because director, story writer & animation director, all three things were done by single person.... Satohiko Sano.

Oh yeah! especially 1027, 1026 was great, and then the following episode managed to be one of the worst.

Sep 24, 2022 7:21 PM

Dec 2021
I still have no idea why I keep getting this on my homepage even tho it's in my PTW list.
Sep 24, 2022 7:41 PM

Jul 2007
This episode and Next episode are kind of joined together because its all part of the same chapter's content. That is why certain things were set up or hinted here that did not have an end result by the end of this episode. Either way, there is some suprises coming next episode. Also were heading into whats considered the final part of the wano arc and this is probably what most manga readers consider the peak moments of the story. Some of the most intense and thrilling battles are upcoming and if you thought roofpiece was good, hoo boy! you are not prepared for "that".
(sorry i just had to do it lol)
ArtimesGamerSep 24, 2022 7:48 PM

Sep 24, 2022 7:49 PM

Apr 2022
Kid finally reappears we also again got left on a cliffhanger but, we do get to sadly see Zues's last days. It honestly got me a bit emotional. I do love the small but coolish recap with Oden. Oden is one of my favorite characters he's amazing, same with roger. The fight with Queen and Chopper seems to have ended we'll see Sanji pull up soon. So cool episode one of the best.
Sep 24, 2022 7:52 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Eh, episode was ok. They could've made Kid's entrance and Punk Gibson a lot cooler but oh well.
Sep 24, 2022 7:56 PM
Aug 2018
AOD-MAL said:
Eh, episode was ok. They could've made Kid's entrance and Punk Gibson a lot cooler but oh well.

yea like last ep, i wish kid got a cooler animation
Sep 24, 2022 8:00 PM

Apr 2014
I am willing to wait a while before we go to the next big event to come. I want other characters to have the spotlight anyways. XD
Sep 24, 2022 8:15 PM

Jul 2013
Episode was definitely fine up until the point where the Oden flashback got showed. This always takes a lot of momentum out of the current events.

Well, anyways. Interesting to hear Kaido mentioning Joy Boy and that he thinks Luffy couldn't be it. With seeing Luffy actually falling into the sea, I'm more than curious who could possibly rescue him.

We got a big portion of the second floor where Big Mom commanded Hera to eat Zeus. Not sure if it was only me, but something about this was kinda horrific. Especially since the desperate Zeus apologized to Nami for betraying her. As kindhearted as Nami is, she obviously tried to help him in the end. It could be my imagination, but somehow I feel Zeus isn't dead. Maybe I'm reaching, not sure.

The fight between Chopper and Queen also went into the next round. I'm astonished that Chopper was able to lift Queen in his dino form, even if it didn't damage him at all. Perospero just casually sniping people down with his arrows. He honestly seems more problematic to me as Queen.

What was happening to Momo? He acted the same back on Zou when he heard Zunesha's voice. I wonder if this has something to do with Luffy or if this is something completely different.

Highlight was easily the appearance of Kid at the end. Can't wait to see him in action against Big Mom.

With next episodes preview I'm looking forward to next week.

Sep 24, 2022 9:57 PM
Oct 2021
Great Episode!!
Masterpiece Animation 👑🔥
[Keep Discussing This Amazing Episode]
Thanks 🙏
Sep 24, 2022 10:00 PM

Aug 2014
That dummy Momonosuke is hilarious lol
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Sep 24, 2022 10:30 PM
Sep 2022
Bro chopper held his own against queen (for the most part) and his bounty aint even over $1000. they gotta stop doing him so dirty
Sep 24, 2022 11:10 PM
Apr 2022
We love slow pacing from Toei. Below Average Wano episode...
Sep 24, 2022 11:10 PM

Jul 2007
ZoroBestWaifu said:
Bro chopper held his own against queen (for the most part) and his bounty aint even over $1000. they gotta stop doing him so dirty

Chopper's bounty is only 100 berries lol

Remember though that bounties don't always equate to power or strength of a given pirate like some people presume. It is based on how much notoriety you have as a notorious criminal that goes against the world governments sense of justice. Since Chopper is merely the doctor of the crew and hardly ever gets involved in the criminality like the other pirates do because they are more the front-line fighters, this is why Chopper's bounty is nothing. But again, the joke has gone on for long enough and I do think at this point they really should recognize that he can be a threat.

I reckon Roger's Crew member Crocus will be some what similar.
ArtimesGamerSep 24, 2022 11:17 PM

Sep 24, 2022 11:13 PM
Sep 2022
link9us said:
ZoroBestWaifu said:

it's only 100 berries for now
Sep 24, 2022 11:17 PM

Jul 2007
ZoroBestWaifu said:
link9us said:

it's only 100 berries for now

You can go ahead and delete this, i edited my comment above.

Sep 24, 2022 11:21 PM

Nov 2016
And here I was looking forward to Kid slamming Big Mom 💀 This time it's understandable that the animation wasn't flashy, tho and I'm sure it will be amazing again when it counts 🤞🏻

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 24, 2022 11:22 PM

Mar 2021
1005 episodes to go
Sep 25, 2022 1:17 AM

Nov 2012
I hope the big cat and Sangi get to the Performance floor faster than Luffy got to the roof.

Where the hell are Brook and Franky?
Sep 25, 2022 1:54 AM

Apr 2021
great episode one piece is really best anime in big 3
[jmg align=right]https://i.imgur.com/XLRDPsi.png?1[/img]
anime list
manga list
blog posts

Sep 25, 2022 2:32 AM

Sep 2020
Quite a standard episode. I enjoyed seeing my boy Tom again so that was cool. I'm sure Zeus isn't dead yet so we'll be seeing more of him.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Sep 25, 2022 2:40 AM
Apr 2022
THE ONE PIECE... THE ONE PIECE IS REAL!
Sep 25, 2022 3:17 AM

Oct 2017
The ep was okay, but you could clearly see a drop of quality from the previous one. I was expecting to see more screen for Luffy.
Sep 25, 2022 3:41 AM
Sep 2022
first time maybe heard joy boy in anime.
Sep 25, 2022 3:44 AM

Jul 2016
Skolotenz said:
We love slow pacing from Toei. Below Average Wano episode...

Just the mega recap in the middle for no fucking reason.
Sep 25, 2022 4:09 AM
May 2022
It was very interresting
Sep 25, 2022 4:38 AM
Jul 2018
Great episode. Everything was in it; action, some talk, humor and a bit of Oden's memories.
Sep 25, 2022 5:22 AM

Apr 2018
Chopper carried this episode. Nothing much to say.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 25, 2022 5:29 AM
Oct 2014
Things are moving slowly as usual
Sep 25, 2022 6:30 AM

Oct 2017
Chopper thrashing Queen was the best.
Sep 25, 2022 7:43 AM
Aug 2021
Quando o Kaido falou q o luffy poderia ser o Joy boy eu dei uma surtadinha. Mas foi a única coisa emocionante, isso e o kid ter aparecido. Mas poxa, nem sei o q aconteceu com o luffy, sacanagem. porém foi bom saber q a Big Mom realmente não está do nosso lado!
Sep 25, 2022 7:51 AM

Jul 2013
tf? was big mom really gonna kill Otama just like that when she just betrayed Kaido because of her just a few minutes ago lol
Sep 25, 2022 7:59 AM
Dec 2019
We're all waiting for the end of the luffy's fight, i suppose that it's not gonna be now
Sep 25, 2022 9:53 AM
Dec 2019
Wait so did Zeus die? Glad Kid came in time to save Nami, Usopp and Tama. That was probably the most epic thing Chopper has done in a while. They way he beat up Queen was awesome.
Sep 25, 2022 10:35 AM
Jul 2018
Zeus is a real homie. 🧡
Sep 25, 2022 10:56 AM
Apr 2021
As always Kid is so badass
Sep 25, 2022 11:08 AM
Jul 2013
Múltiples frentes, mientras Luffy se hunde en el mar. :c
Sep 25, 2022 11:39 AM
Mar 2021
i want more luffy action not nami or ussop or chopper
Sep 25, 2022 12:07 PM
Jan 2021
Big Mom, Prometheus, and Napoleon continue their conversation with Zeus and tell him that he’s continually been useless and failed to help Big Mom as she was falling into the water. As a result, with such coldness and absolutely no sympathy whatsoever, Big Mom has Hera eat Zeus in order to make herself stronger. It’s sad to see Zeus crying and begging Big Mom to take him back, but no matter what, no one will budge. As Hera is busy with Zeus, Big Mom turns around to face Usopp and Nami and remind them that she isn’t done with them. She takes Otama out of Usopp’s hands and sets her down as she wakes up. Usopp and Nami aren’t ready to big one of the FIVE Emperors, so the two of them coordinate and decide to make a run for it. Big Mom chases them and Otama tries to stop Big Mom, but to no avail. Zeus comes up on Nami’s side while still being chased by Hera and apologizes for his actions. You can see the desperation in his face as he wants to be appreciated and wanted by someone in his life. He doesn’t want to go through the unbearable pain of loneliness, and

I understand that pain very well. So do people such as Naruto Uzumaki, Sasuke Uchiha, Gaara, and any Jinchuriki within the series.

Nami tells Zeus that she’s done with him, and I can understand her frustration. I mean, it would be difficult to forgive someone who literally TRIED TO KILL YOU not so long ago. So, in a last ditch effort, Zeus decides to rebel for the first and last time in his life and protect Nami to the best of his ability. He gathers up lightning and charges himself up. While he’s doing so, Nami, Usopp, and Otama try to run. The unfortunate part is that when Zeus charges at Big Mom, she instantly stops his attack and drains his soul. She throws the drained Zeus to Hera for her to eat him. Nami tries to give him some Black Balls (the ones she uses to create thunderclouds), but Zeus won’t budge, so things are looking bad for him.

Chopper and Queen are still fighting one another, with the annoying Pekoms, aka Perospero getting in the way with his arrows. BRO NO ONE ASKED YOU TO GET INVOLVED IN THIS! STAY OUT OF THE WAY! Queen rejects his help at first, but then Pekoms makes it clear that he’s not going to leave. So Queen asks him to take care of the small fry, and by that he’s referring to the samurai. Pekoms starts to prepare a bunch of arrows and Chopper warns everyone to find cover quickly. Pekoms shortly after uses his candy bow to launch his storm of arrows in which the attack is named… Apocalyptic Candy Shower! Chopper uses his body to protect some of the samurai and take the brunt of a lot of the arrows. A lot of samurai and even Queen’s subordinates get hit by them though. Some come at Queen, and Queen uses his body to change their direction so that they hit some other samurai instead. Chopper gets up and Queen charges straight at him. Chopper is able to grab his head and counter attack. He lifts up Queen’s body and does a straight SUPLEX on him. But no, Chopper isn’t done yet. So he does TWO MORE SUPLEXES AND SLAMS QUEEN STRAIGHT INTO ONE OF THE BUILDINGS. But despite all of this, Queen starts laughing maniacally because of how tired Chopper seems to be.

Pekoms prepares more arrows and we get to see Yamato in action once again. He is running with the Momonosuke doll and for some reason, the Animal Kingdom Pirates actually believe the doll is THE REAL MOMONOSUKE?! BRO HOW STUPID CAN THESE DUDES ACTUALLY BE! So Yamato announces that he’s not captive anymore and goes on to make that message VERY clear by smashing through his opposition. Yamato intends to be the new Kozuki Oden.

Momonosuke and Shinobu are still together in the attic while Momonosuke reads about Oden’s adventures. After reading through it, he tells Shinobu that he must not die. What wise words from Momo. Then all of a sudden, Momo starts crying out in agony and he is holding his head. This reminds me of when Luffy and Momo were both in pain when they were hearing the voice of Zunesha, the elephant that the island Zou rests on.

Bao Huang reports to Kaido about Momonosuke’s location, and Kaido has the AUDACITY to claim to her that his fight with Luffy is over. LUFFY IS COMING BACK TO KICK YOUR ASS KAIDO! HE IS SIMPLY TAKING A REST NOW BECAUSE THE FIGHT BORED HIM!

We get back to Nami’s group and unfortunately Hera has consumed Zeus. Otama tells Usopp and Nami that they need to run, so the three decide to do so. Big Mom gets upset at the idea of Otama leaving her, so she instantly gets angry and develops hatred towards her, so Prometheus and Napoleon combine to attack the group. Fortunately, Kid comes in to grab the sword. He uses Punk Gibson to slam Big Mom to the ground. Big Mom gets up and shakes it off like it was nothing. Kid tells Usopp, Nami, and Otama to go away while he takes care of the trash (referring to Big Mom).
Sep 25, 2022 12:39 PM
Jan 2021
Just another normal episode
Sep 25, 2022 12:47 PM

Jul 2007
we used to think that no other series could make you cry because of a ship, and now oda even went further then that and has us tearing up over a damn cloud!

Sep 25, 2022 2:16 PM
Dec 2014
Early_Morning said:

The whole episode was trash. Big mama scenes was too long. Nothing interesting happened so why spend more money and effort on animation?
Sep 26, 2022 5:17 AM

Feb 2020
Okayish Episode. Zeus got eaten. I have read the Manga but forgot what's about to happen next. Excited for next episode.
Sep 26, 2022 6:02 AM
Mar 2021
Mid episode compared to 1033 but still decent
Sep 26, 2022 6:26 AM
Mar 2021
I want more of luffy rather than the other characters, they are good too but I feel like the anime is being dragged because of that
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chelleee - Sep 13, 2008

378 by macsaviour »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1103 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 4

38 by Alexeaus »»
8 hours ago

» Do you believe in Fishmen rights?

Dumb - May 5

17 by Jamk_ »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1003 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Dec 11, 2021

63 by adeptus_shane »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 337 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Lofoc - Jan 6, 2008

93 by kejora »»
Today, 6:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.