Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »
Oct 15, 2022 2:15 PM

Dec 2020
For fuck sake not Rebecca liked that character more then i thought.
she got done dirty in the last episode
niookookjoOct 15, 2022 3:11 PM
Oct 15, 2022 8:09 PM
Feb 2021
good animatiopn good story good everything
Oct 15, 2022 10:50 PM
Jul 2021
Man… something just doesn’t sit right with me about the ending. I mean you put so much time and design into these characters just to have them all day? I guess that’s what makes it all the more depressing. I guess Lucy got closure at least. Still sad though. What do you think?
Oct 15, 2022 10:59 PM
Jul 2021
NTms said:
Oh man trigger is at it again. Especially the beginning act had me nailed to the screen. Sadly the rest of the story was pretty rushed. While i think that it was in a way to show how fast moving the life of a NC edgerunner is it took a bit too much time away from character moments. For me this didn't detract much from the overall experience. While its sad that David went the way of the legend and we didn't get to see a happy end it is just the way stories go in NC.
Overall im very impressed and think this is one of the best trigger works. The style is impressive. I didn't skip op or ed at all and the fights were gory and impressive. It kind of makes me want to do another run of cyberpunk.

9/10 give us a nomad story next pls.

How do I put this… this is the most 9/10 show for me ever because it’s just so close to being perfect. I agree with you I feel like it does take away from those character moments by being rushed through only 10 episodes. I really love the world building, and the aesthetic, but most of all I love the characters. I wanted to see more happen between them. But that’s perhaps just what the director wanted to convey. How you can’t trust anyone in night city and how people you care about die in night city. Those underlying themes that the city is build upon… It really makes me sad that they had to die at the end. It is what it is.
Oct 16, 2022 4:05 AM
Oct 2019
Nothing as ever felt so alien yet relatable to me in my entire fucking life.
Oct 16, 2022 12:15 PM
Jul 2020
amazing ending to a amazing anime
Oct 16, 2022 3:53 PM
Mar 2019
this episode broke me
Oct 17, 2022 6:44 AM

Jun 2013
It was pretty obvious most if not all of them were going to die. Honestly, Lucy dying would've been better but David was such a martyr for her.

It was still an enjoyable anime, some parts were boring and I almost fell asleep and Rebecca's death makes me want to be petty and give it a 0/10 because how dare they kill off best girl?
臭い-
Oct 17, 2022 10:34 AM
VA-11 HALL-A

Aug 2014
Did I enjoy this? Yes. Is it well animated? Yes. Is it overrated and overhyped? Yes. Is it the best show of the year? No, not even close. For all the hype and how well-received it turned out to be, I just found it somewhat above average. It's violent and it relies a lot on it to be as engaging as it can. Plus the amount of nudity is a little redundant, like why was there so much throughout the series?
It's a shame because I am a fan of cyberpunk with how gritty and dystopian it feels. This show is a prime example of how overhyping something will inevitably bring about it's own downfall.
Lucy and Rebecca were the only decent characters. No-one was truly well written or had much in the way of development. Like can anyone explain to me why and how David and Lucy became lovers? There was no justification for it.

The ending was bittersweet and does stay to true to that there is no happy ending for anyone of Night City. The series was just disappointing to me, especially with how overhyped and overrated it ended up being. I'm a fan of Trigger's works, but it feels like the anime should've been adapted from a studio that don't make their anime as flashy as possible.

Could've easily been a mid 9/10 if it worked harder with its characters and world-building, not to mention having a better payoff at the end. It's a 7/10 for me, at best. It's good, but it is by no means AOTY caliber.

"πšƒπš’πš–πšŽ 𝚝𝚘 πš–πš’πš‘ πšπš›πš’πš—πš”πšœ πšŠπš—πš πšŒπš‘πšŠπš—πšπšŽ πš•πš’πšŸπšŽπšœ."
β˜† π™°πš—πš’πš–πšŽ π™»πš’πšœπš β˜†
β˜† πš…π™½π™³πš‹ β˜†
β˜† π™±πšŠπšŒπš”πš•πš˜πšπšπšŽπš›πš’ β˜†
Oct 17, 2022 8:58 PM
Jan 2017
David death again adam smasher and lucy manage to escape cause david sacrifice and make her dream come true,
the end lucy go to the moon but David is not there
i think its gonna be sad if Lucy cry at this moment
Oct 18, 2022 5:53 AM
Aug 2022
very good anime i recomend it
Oct 18, 2022 6:24 AM
Aug 2022
Awesome, through 10 episodes filled with roller coaster of emotions
Oct 18, 2022 11:20 PM
Dec 2020
all that plot and character building for nothing :(
Oct 19, 2022 10:47 AM
Nov 2020
It had everything , from the love to see the characters for the last time ,to the emotions that the last fight has given with the both corporations fighting with David in the Night City , even tho after you watch it you have a strange feeling , like you miss something , like your empty , after a day or 2 you will be happy that you had experienced something like this anime
Oct 20, 2022 12:45 AM

Jul 2012
I remember David once called the moon a prison. A while later Lucy said the same thing about Night City, that it looked like a prison. Since the beginning, it felt like these two were always trying to run away from something.

The ending really reminded me of David and Lucy's conversations about their dreams though. David didn't feel like he belonged in the corpo world. Yet he didn't seem to fit in as a cyberpunk either -- he struggled a lot whenever he had to pull the trigger. Lucy saw right through David. He kept clutching onto his mom's dreams for him. Then also chased after Maine's. But David, what about you? What was your own dream? If you were looking to find a place for yourself, then you could've left these worlds behind and flown to the moon together with Lucy like you promised. You promised, David.
Oct 20, 2022 2:10 AM
Aug 2015
Beautiful... Now to go kill Adam Smasher.
Oct 20, 2022 10:53 AM
Aug 2022
Nice now I will be depressed for few dats.
Oct 20, 2022 4:39 PM
Jan 2016
same issue as akame ga kill, hot trash
Oct 20, 2022 4:47 PM
Oct 2022
I loved the anime.
Oct 20, 2022 8:36 PM
Dec 2020
great episode even made me tear up
Oct 21, 2022 7:07 AM
Sep 2022
GorzyAMV said:
I wish there was more

kkkkkk o final foi incrível!!πŸ’– "zum zum zum pah!" aquele carinha foi engraçado, pena que n durou muito '-'
eu amei cada detalhe de designer
as falas foram muito bem colocadas (fora as gírias KKK)
o Maine foi um dos melhores personagens, a Lucy (seu nome me lembra outro anime q ainda preciso terminar) foi a segunda melhor, ela é muito top slk❀️
o primeiro melhor... TODOS SAABEM!! o próprio, o prota, ooo Deivido!! (David kkk)

bom... agr todos já sabem tbm né, se o prota morreu é CTZ que n tem cotinuação ;-;
enfim, o anime foi tão bom que até favoritei <3 é uma grande pena n ter continuação, acho q seria bom se tivesse :'-)❀️
Mika-chan

Oct 21, 2022 7:18 AM
Sep 2022
Kanadanaka said:

Have you seen it yourself? It's a solid show that was clearly made with a lot of love, I think the praise is pretty well-earned. A solid consistent story with a great end is hard to come by these days.

eu concordando com vc!!
Mika-chan

Oct 21, 2022 6:59 PM
Aug 2016
That was awesome! That ending really made me wish that if I had a wife, I would give her one tight hug after that ending. Fuck, I am in an emotional mess right now, can't describe what I am feeling right now.

Aside from the romance, the conclusion of the story was great. Davind got his revenge on Faraday, and also earned Adam Smasher's respect despite the odds being against him. Rebecca though... (;_;) Why Adam, just why 😭 She was the last remaining fun and goofy character and bruh she died just like that. My heart hurts even more now.

5/5 episode.

9.4/10 for whole anime.
Oct 22, 2022 8:41 AM
May 2020
knew it was gonna end with david's death but damn still didnt have to hurt this much man...
Oct 22, 2022 9:34 AM

Oct 2018
Honestly I’m a bit torn between really good and kind of ok, David’s death was expected from the get go as it was for most of the other characters. I just feel it was rushed there was almost no character development except for David and Lucy and even for them was just a bit it’s hard to care if u don’t know much about them and they are not fleshed out. And again some stuff didn’t make any sense like why after seeing what too much tech is doing to u David would go to such extreme and at the start he wasn’t really interested in upgrades it felt unnecessary and unneeded and honest can’t wrap my head around it, Lucy was hiding that she was trying to protect Devid but she hid it from him and even thou she was seeing that he was killing himself and she didn’t try talking with him till the end. I guess there was no other way for Trigger to end it in space I mean at this point if a show doesn’t end up in space it’s not Trigger.

Oct 22, 2022 12:51 PM
Oct 2022
Time for revenge arc in the game
Oct 22, 2022 5:13 PM
Dec 2021
unfortunately, I fell asleep
Oct 23, 2022 9:43 AM
Jul 2017
Good animes adwdfwa
Oct 23, 2022 6:17 PM

Aug 2016
Eh, this honestly felt like an early draft of a bigger story. Despite having a lot of interesting ideas, themes and characters, I didn't really feel any of them got much of a focus in the end.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Oct 24, 2022 3:52 AM
Aug 2022
Ending was definitely rushed and this anime, overall, did not do anything to make it memorable in my eyes. Overhyped and underdelivered.
Oct 24, 2022 9:15 AM
Apr 2022
A great, but sad ending to a very beautiful show.
Oct 24, 2022 12:29 PM

Feb 2020
So, everyone except Lucy dies, the end ? Talk about a downer ending... I can't say that wasn't to be expected though. Good thing I wasn't THAT attached to the characters or I would be a waterfall right now.

Overall that was a good show, with a great art direction, "rather" depressing but interesting themes handled in a way I liked, and in the end I felt more invested in the story than I thought I would. I can tell it's not a show I'll easily forget.
But the one thing that prevented me from enjoying it as much as I wanted, other than the small amount of episodes leading for the show to barely take any time to breath, was that as I said, I wasn't THAT attached to the characters. The only ones I even cared about were David, Lucy, Rebecca and Maine, and even for them, it wasn't anything deep. So for a show that really wants you to connect with the characters and to feel the emotions deep within, it is a real shame if I have a hard time forming a real bound with said characters. The lack of episodes is probably to blame here too, the characters were really lacking screentime aside from David and he underwent his development so quickly, I didn't feel like I really knew him. So in the end I felt bad when tragedy occured, but that's about it. I wanted to feel more (the only episode that really made me feel very sad was Maine's death episode and it was mainly due to the music that played again in this episode during Kiwi's death, because that's one great but depressing music-don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I no longer consider Maine's episode to be a great one).

But as I said, that was still a good show and definitely better than a majority of anime that are produced, so 7/10.
FafetteOct 24, 2022 12:52 PM
Oct 24, 2022 12:56 PM
Jan 2021
Bruh…. Depressing as hell
Oct 24, 2022 10:30 PM
Feb 2015
Time to go back into the game and kill Adam Smasher
Oct 25, 2022 3:37 PM

May 2016
I was prepared for worst but wanted at least Rebecca to survive. T-T
Oct 25, 2022 4:49 PM
Dec 2019
God damn the PAIN, loved it though
Oct 27, 2022 5:49 AM
Mar 2020
Go little rockstar
WatchAndLearn03Oct 27, 2022 5:53 AM
Oct 27, 2022 7:27 AM
Jun 2017
why must the ending A Stab at the Heart!
i always rewatch a good anime
but i think i Can't for this one

10/10 for the anime
9/10 For the music
-10/10 For Rebecca Death
Oct 27, 2022 11:53 AM

Jul 2016
Rebecca was a real one. Damn that's sad.
Oct 27, 2022 2:49 PM
Aug 2021
:)

Oct 27, 2022 2:51 PM
Aug 2021
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :0 :/ :(
Oct 27, 2022 5:09 PM
Apr 2021
Not gonna lie, I'm not sure how to feel. I was sorta hollow for most of the episode, esp after becca suddenly got smushed. I don't want to go off forever here, but there's a lot I want to say. The love story aspect felt kind of forced. Brutally killing almost every character in the last 2 episodes is not a satisfying conclusion. I think the show could've gone a lot more interesting ways with its setup than it did. Having smasher come in in the last episode to out-special the main character and kill david, getting the last word, is one of the weirdest ending choices i've ever seen. however, this world went really hard and i love so much about this show. i'm just disappointed with how it turned out.
Oct 27, 2022 6:02 PM

Sep 2014
Damn that was tragic. Really well done. The way Lucy was standing on the empty moon really made it clear this was not worth it at all. Her dream is fullfilled but its a hollow victory. Just really, really well done.

Felt bad for Becca, she was killed like swatting a fly. The crazy murder loli has been through so many dangerous situations I kinda assumed she would be safe..

Adam Smasher really is build different.

The show in general though.. could have been better. The first half was generic af, leaving all the good bits of the story for only the other 5 eps. With such a strong second half I can still call the show amazing though, definitely better to start weak and end strong than the other way around.

I just whished there was more. The setting is amazing after all. And the characters deserve to be explored more too. A full 12/13ep season could atleast have given the characters more backstory, Becca, Falco, Kiwi.. none of them got much and while that feels fitting for the tranquility of night city I still feel like I missed out.

I was really not expecting much from this, Netflix, Trigger, CDPR.. all past their glory days. Or so it would seem. Im glad Trigger can still deliver like this, they kinda fizzled out over the years, or rather they straight up just havent done much and what little they did was kinda lame for me. But this shows they have still big potential.
While CDPR fucked up big time with the game Im really excited to get more of this setting now.

Animation was ok-good, atleast no shitty CGI show. The music was definitely the strongest part.
Story and characters had a lot of issues, but given how short it is (essentially just 5 eps of real story) and how high octane the action parts feel I think its easy to look past them. You can definitely pick this apart, or you just embrace it for what it is and have fun.

8/10 I really want more of this setting now
Comander-07Oct 27, 2022 6:09 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 28, 2022 1:09 AM
Jun 2014
Great ending to a great show
Oct 28, 2022 7:50 AM
Oct 2022
tbh Cyberpunk is a very unique genre of science fiction, and I have to say this was very good . but it is very sad that it will not have any 2 nd season.
Oct 29, 2022 7:29 AM
Jul 2022
I'm crying again. Hate my life
Oct 29, 2022 4:16 PM
Sep 2020
god :,)muy gooooooooooooooooooooooood
Oct 29, 2022 10:25 PM
Oct 2019
Damn it's crazy watching an Anime with MC who have the same name as myself and die in the end.

I knew it was coming but still hits me hard.
But best girl Rebecca too?
Come on...

At least Lucy Dream comes true though 😭

I know majority of people watching the dub, but I'm sticking with the sun just because I'm more familiar with the Japanese VA.
Also it's Anime, of course I'm watching in Japanese.
I don't mind being the minority here, what most important is I'm really enjoying it as well.

As a person who never played the game, it really made me want to dive into the game and experience it myself.

Just leave it to Studio Trigger and they will make it happen.

8/10.
It just felt rush with just 10 episodes, i wish there is more episodes to fleshed out the character development.
Oct 30, 2022 10:14 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
No way this was gonna end with an happy end, but tbh I expected David to at least go down with Adam Smasher, still he gone out with a bang... in a way I felt more for Rebbeca death right near the end, I kinda grown out of David character after the timeskip, which is where I felt the series going down a bit for, to the point I was holding on watching these last few episodes for a few weeks.

I m glad I binge-watched these last episodes, made it for the better, it certainly was a strong ending, and depressing, more so if you watch everything close together and see David becoming like this.
What fucked me the most outside Rebbeca's death, was how hollow it felt to see Lucy at the end, she achieved her dream but it was clear that was not her dream anylonger, or at least was not a dream worth pursuing without David with her, those final moments of hers, MAN...

Most series have their ups and downs, the highests for this show were really peak quality and some of the best from Trigger and overall a really memorable show that probably outdid it self, I dont think CD Projected expected something like this, it took a long while to release, but this promotional material sure did its job, plain amazing.

David is dead, but I would like to see Lucy again, and getting a better resolution than she did here, but if we get more material, only to see her destroying herserlf further and then dying like David did, no more please!

9.2/10 = 9

Watching this really tells me I will love at least the setting of 2077, which I got months ago, because the concept of modifying your body and slowly losing your humanity was really well handled, and when you think about it, it is really scary but also has tons of potential left to be explored.

Borgar_ said:
Rebecca was a real one. Damn that's sad.

Yes she was, at least her death was quickly and she didnt seem to suffer much.
Also, she has tons of favorites on MAL, far surpassing David, definitly deserves them, even though I dont feel any characters out did themselves to the point of deserving a favorite, Lucy and Rebbeca were clearly top tier choices.
If the anime was double as long with even more development, I might given one of the girls a fav.
PlaycoolOct 30, 2022 10:27 AM
Oct 30, 2022 2:44 PM
Jun 2019
Pages (21) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why isn’t the cyberpsycho guy listed as a character on MAL?

SwagsOnB - May 6

13 by Kitsune_Corr »»
May 11, 10:43 AM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Sep 13, 2022

97 by Wiziliz »»
Apr 25, 6:12 AM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Fishb0i - Sep 13, 2022

168 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 24, 4:34 AM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Pre_Yum - Sep 13, 2022

200 by Wiziliz »»
Apr 20, 1:20 AM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Sep 13, 2022

93 by kixann »»
Apr 19, 3:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.