Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2022 8:01 AM

Oct 2020
So Frieza is back, never seen that one before…Mixed feelings about the new form to be honest; we are now just missing brown to have a transformation for every color, which is completely outrageous if you think about it. Im now fully expecting the final villain to be a legendary rainbow super saiyan.
Great art though. especially this panel

SilveringAug 19, 2022 8:26 AM
Aug 19, 2022 8:31 AM

Apr 2014
Gas was going mad and realize he is going to die. Frieza shows up and kills Gas no problem. Frieza mentions of getting stronger and training in another dimension. Frieza shows his new transformation and easily dominates Vegeta and Goku no problem. Golden to Black Frieza. I was hoping it can be platinum. Or maybe in the future? Who knows. Anyways. I wonder who will be the strongest or greatest warrior now. Frieza has a new target which could possibly be him or her. Who knows. Anyways Looking forward to the new arc to begin. But how will this fair out? Frieza being the next antagonist and hopefully we can see Granolah again. Hopefully the next arc will get Vegeta and Goku along with many other Z Fighters to come and fight together again. Who knows. Looking forward to see how they will author and artist will handle next.
Aug 19, 2022 9:30 AM

May 2020
So....frieza arrives with smirk shows his new form, destroys the main villains, knocks out both Goku Vegeta and leaves with 2 new workers for his ship.... what an ultra giga Chad!!
Aug 19, 2022 9:50 AM

Feb 2019
Frieza getting his upgrade that was very well deserved from the main Saiyan duo to the duo from Super Hero getting an upgrade. Frieza old nature also shows strongly within this chapter which is very refreshing to know he is still the villain everyone loves. This arc in general was trash but this last chapter ending was one of the best endings by far and I am very grateful for the Frieza love.
Aug 19, 2022 9:50 AM

Jan 2013
Kinda funny how the first good chapter in a long ass time was the concluding chapter of this arc. Good riddance, fucking worst arc ever.

Nice to see Frieza back with a new form
Aug 19, 2022 9:52 AM

Jan 2009
damn the strongest in the universe is actually Freeza lol, the Dragon Ball did not count him because he is in a different dimension and he got a new form called Black Freeza and he got it by 10 years worth of training in a Hyperbolic Time Chamber eh so that is 10 days in Earth time
Aug 19, 2022 10:34 AM

Jan 2020
Dat Namek Arc reference with killing off their healer.

Did Gas seriously think he wasn't dying? I guess there isn't a mirror around or anything, but like, dude... your body is literally falling apart.

Well... I didn't expect Frieza to show up and basically end this entire arc within a few panels, lmao. As rushed as that all felt I was ready for this arc to be over anyway. And, if nothing else, it looks like we're finally being setup for a Revenge of F 2 arc. I've always thought there was going to have to be another grandiose battle with Frieza at some point or another. Having him come back to life in the first place just seems like it was a poor decision simply because he is an unapologetic tyrant who has no intention of ever stopping his conquering. At some point, unless he's dead, Goku and Vegeta would have to be prepared to fight him again. That revenge isn't going anywhere, he's made that clear with every scene he's been in post Tournament of Power.

Overall, probably the best chapter of this arc. I wonder how much of a break it'll be until the next chapter?

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Aug 19, 2022 3:51 PM
Jan 2018
There was a lot of fan service and I was here for all of it!
The way the arcs are flowing together now makes it seem like Toriyama has his Juju back. I guess only time will tell what Freeza has in store. I guess it really is tough to make a villain as interesting and impressive as Freeza, the way Toriyama keeps getting roped into bringing him back.
Aug 19, 2022 3:56 PM

Mar 2014
Hot damn I bet the air stood still the moment Freeza appeared, I guess it was inevitable the main guy of the topic would appear....but TEN YEARS OF TRAINING?!!

That whole scene of Monaito getting shot reminded of the Freeza battle on Namek

Black Freeza, I can already see the memes lol

Freeza isn't one of the most iconic villains created in anime/manga fiction for no reason!

Onto the next arc we GOOOOO!
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Aug 19, 2022 4:31 PM

Jul 2016
DBS is taking a break, right after Super Hero came out? Curious.

I can't say I liked the Granolah arc all that much. New transformations are swell and all, but what matters most is the story they're utilized in, and from start to finish, I couldn't help but feel like this isn't Goku and Vegeta's fight. They don't belong here. Contriving a Bardock flashback helped a little, but not enough imo.

I love Goku and Vegeta, don't get me wrong, but after Super Hero, I'd really like to see some of the other heroes get some time in the spotlight. Hopefully an arc centered around Goten and Trunks.
Aug 19, 2022 6:28 PM

Apr 2011
Ah, I see Freeza pulled another transformation out of his non-existent b-hole. Good for him!

I'm curious about the next arc.
Aug 19, 2022 7:14 PM
Jul 2018
Even though this arc was a 6/10 for me, the ending and this last chapter is amazing and hype. Frieza is back, OMFG! He is strong as hell.
And the strongest warrior has emerged. I wanna know who he is!
Aug 19, 2022 7:52 PM
Jul 2018
Black Freiza too OP
Aug 19, 2022 7:58 PM

Jan 2008
Freeza is terrifying again. I love it.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Aug 19, 2022 10:17 PM

Oct 2013
Most of several previous chapters felt dull at times, but damn, this one was simply epic!

As a fan of Frieza, I was delighted to not only see him joining the battlefield, but also revealing how he managed to achieve new transformation after training in another dimension.

Black Frieza blitzed Gas and wrecked Goku and Vegeta in their the most powerful forms. Such power, wow!

Oh well, I've recently complained for many times about this arc, while being really positive about it in the beginning. Now that it's finally over, I need to admit that while it had bigger or smaller cons, it was surely a fun read with many cool things happening during it. I liked it more than Moro arc.
Aug 20, 2022 12:52 AM

Feb 2021
That black Frieza new form must be very dangerous :)

Can't wait to see how it's color gonna be in the anime later.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 20, 2022 7:48 AM
Sep 2020
Although I didn't like how they wrapped up granola's story arc. I wish we could've gotten more from him since it was his story and gotten a better conclusion to his arc here, I will give it a pass because the reveal of Frieza showing up was just that phenomenal.

He had been a looming presence that was alluded to so much in the arc and I knew at some point we'd see him but the timing here was amazing and he was fantastic in the short moment he had. His new transformation was great, he quickly showed it off took down his enemies and left not overstaying his welcome.

I really like the direction they have going for Frieza and how he's gonna remain a looming threat to the protagonists and hope we get to see more of this direction of Frieza's character.
Aug 20, 2022 10:21 AM

Aug 2019
Goku and Vegeta just simply suck at training and fighting!
They even have the help of gods and angels, and still get owned by guys doing off-screen power ups...
Aug 20, 2022 3:25 PM

Nov 2020
Finally the worst arc ever is done xD! I'm glad they finished it with Freeza's comeback, he looks amazing! I wonder how long will be the break for another arc to begin...
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Aug 20, 2022 4:47 PM

May 2015
Frieza came in, killed everyone, doesn't elaborate, leaves.

Aug 20, 2022 5:11 PM

Jan 2011
Dragon Ball is usually at its best whenever Frieza shows us that he is a gigachad
Aug 21, 2022 2:37 AM

Oct 2013
Frieza asserted dominance by destroying Gas who was said to be the strongest in the universe, and managed to knock out Goku and Vegeta on the way back to his ship, as if they were mere jobbers. Not to mention that Black Frieza looks totally awesome.

I'm a simple man. I see Frieza and the value of a show or comic or whatever rises for me, hehe.
Aug 21, 2022 7:01 AM
Sep 2020
5/5 , foreshadowing guys!!, remember tournament of power arc??,When frieza was being suspicious,here you go the payoff

Toyatarou nailed this chapter,and this arc has the best conclusion in all of dragon ball ,it has set a massive cliffhanger for us!
Aug 21, 2022 7:03 AM
Sep 2020
Adnash said:
Frieza asserted dominance by destroying Gas who was said to be the strongest in the universe, and managed to knock out Goku and Vegeta on the way back to his ship, as if they were mere jobbers. Not to mention that Black Frieza looks totally awesome.

I'm a simple man. I see Frieza and the value of a show or comic or whatever rises for me, hehe.

Atleast it was a fantastic conclusion to the granola arc,leaving a sort of satisfying cliffhanger,really happy that it was frieza ,but they could have given him a better name🤦🏻,either way was a great chapter,then the previously boring or mid chapters
Aug 21, 2022 8:34 AM

Feb 2010
I love how this chapter was very wtf in a good way. While I'm not sure if I want another Frieza something or other, this was one of the better chapters in the arc, but I think that's mostly because the siblings were kind of boring as villains and characters
Aug 21, 2022 5:20 PM

Aug 2012
As a Frieza fan I did enjoy him just wasting these enemies, but 1. I think it only worked because the rest of the arc was pretty bad. Like, I felt I lost any actual investment in the fight months ago, to the point where the highlight of last chapter was just thinking it was finally over. So I don't really care how this story ended however if I was actually invested, this would probably feel rather unsatisfying.

Especially since it sort of highlights Dragon Ball Super's problem with nostalgia/fanservice. Creating new characters that ultimately just serve to show how powerful the most iconic Dragon Ball villain has gotten. Granted, Moro was a new and unique villain (albeit got a bit more generic as he went on) but so much of Super's storytelling keeps digging back into fan favourites (Broly, Future Trunks, Bardock, etc.) that seeing new threats just be worf'd by Frieza is a bit disconcerting. There's nothing inherently wrong with bring back & re-tooling old favourites, but I do worry that Frieza returning to his status as the big bad is bit too indulgent. I hope when he truly returns as the next villain, there's something more going on, a third faction maybe. I don't know, there's plenty of opportunity in Super to explore new ideas and characters, that I'm a little worried about them sticking to familiar roots.

Regardless, like I said, this chapter was fun because Frieza just annihilating Gas and Elec is fun. And to sort of combat my earlier post, Frieza did kinda have to show up here with how much the arc was tied to him, with the Heeters and Granolah's motivations, plus the Bardock flashback. Monochromatic colour schemes are awesome, and I'm guessing that's what Black Frieza looks like in colour. An upgrade from the Lakers I guess. Admittedly, I am a bit tired of all these transformations but whatever.

Also, the Monaito death tease was super unnecessary, it felt impossible to care because I knew immediately that it wasn't going to stick. Maybe if they let Merus' stick it would've actually carried some weight.
Aug 27, 2022 12:18 AM
Dec 2017
The fact that frieza chose to spare them still baffles me
Aug 27, 2022 3:47 PM
May 2021
Just caught up with Super now, well the moro arc was better than the granola arc, tbh I only liked how Vegeta got a new form & abit of Bardock’s backstory. Black Frieza?!! Shii, Frieza again showing black force energy… till the next DB arc!!
Aug 29, 2022 2:38 AM
Dec 2020
Whoah, that came outta nowhere!!
Sep 3, 2022 10:36 AM
Mar 2020
basta con freezer
Sep 4, 2022 8:57 AM
Aug 2019
Freeiza became the thing he swore to defeat
Sep 5, 2022 8:01 PM
Jun 2020
Idk if it’s just me but I’m sick of frieza getting reused as a villain over and over again. Like now the mf trains and he is equal to them. Idk just would like to see a cool new villain. I didn’t mind Moro and granolah seemed interesting but the arc was just bad IMO
Sep 7, 2022 3:52 AM
Sep 2021
black frieza go brr
Sep 8, 2022 6:57 AM
Mar 2020
Setting up the conflict for the next arc is always a plu sin my book, even if it's more open-ended than the conclusion of the Moro arc we know that Freeza is now a legitimate threat again and Goku and Vegeta will push their newfound abilities to new heights. Not everything is perfect in the story, the fights were most definitely dragged out, however, the parts that DID work worked well (Bardock, Ultra Ego, etc.)
Takes a bit to trek through but still a fun read nonetheless.
Sep 21, 2022 9:40 AM
Mar 2021
BLACK FREEZA!! WHOO!!
Sep 28, 2022 12:45 AM
Apr 2022
Pretty Excited for the Next Arc
Sep 28, 2022 7:53 AM
Sep 2022
muito bom ver o freeza matando geral, matou aqueles vilões bostas (Gas e Elec).
Oct 14, 2022 6:01 AM

Aug 2019
Can't wait for the new chapter bro
Apr 12, 11:56 PM

Oct 2012
*sigh* I wanted Frieza to be relevant in this arc, but certainly not like this. It could have been a cool multi-party story like Namek was with Granolah, the Saiyans, the Heeters and Friezas army in play but it turned out the lamest way.

Monaito just randomly getting a power-up to heal everybody up felt extremely forced. As did Frieza just one-hitting the villain in his base-form somehow. I can accept his new form to be stronger than anything before because it's a nice twist having him be the strongest in the universe but base-form beating the former strongest in one hit? lmao. And him letting the two alive is just silly.

Also really not a fan of how Friezas forms are just recolors now. His previous forms were pretty creative and even his brother Cooler had a nice additional form. So why is he just having recolors? lol. Just generally seems like Super can't get it's footing. It has to rely on old recycled villains despite establishing other universes that just ceased to be relevant.

The dragon balls just getting deactivated because they're utterly overpowered makes sense, but it's also awfully convenient once again. They could just have endless wishes if they wanted. And apparantly you can just wish to be the strongest as a final ditch effort, so that option's just gone now.

I don't know, I did not get much out of this arc. Just glad it's over and I need a break now.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Chapter 102 Discussion

Ptipana2077 - Feb 18

23 by gogeta_thephenix »»
Apr 27, 9:26 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Chapter 90 Discussion

FMmatron - Feb 20, 2023

18 by Marloges »»
Apr 16, 12:58 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Chapter 89 Discussion

krejola - Jan 19, 2023

18 by Marloges »»
Apr 15, 11:47 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Chapter 88 Discussion

deg - Dec 20, 2022

28 by Marloges »»
Apr 15, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Chapter 86 Discussion

IrishCoffee_01 - Jul 20, 2022

30 by Marloges »»
Apr 12, 11:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.