Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 2010 3:13 PM

Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
o man o man.

this show.....i keep going back and forth with it. I like it, i dont like it, i hate it , i love it...you can tell how good of a show this is when it has you swaying like this. well since this is an episode discussion....

THANK GOD they saw each other. I was seriously thinking that they weren't going to meet. But like ive said before Godai needs a pair of balls really he does. Even with that I was expecting maybe he would say something when he was drunk or even better when kyouko was putting a jacket over him. That wouldve been SOOOOOO nice.

But unfortunately it doesn't play out how I want it too but of course because if it did this series would be ALOT shorter.

I did like that Kyouko did find out the truth about Godai's "trip" and am excited to see what is yet to come.
Sep 21, 2010 7:42 PM

Jun 2007
Godai chased after Kyoko... only to bottle it at the last minute; saying nothing. I couldn't remember if Godai said anything in the manga, so I was disappointed anew when watching the episode.

It was a nice touch that Kyoko found out the truth after arriving back at Maison Ikkoku.
Jul 14, 2011 8:38 AM

Jun 2009
Oh my God! This guy is a real looser-
Dec 25, 2011 5:56 AM

Sep 2008
Augh! He let his relief at the whole situation with Mitaka keep him from saying the truth. :\ Probably because he felt "safe" now that that 'threat' (i.e. the possibility that Kyoko is marrying Mitaka) is gone. Godai's so slow sometimes...

On the other hand, it's nice to see that Kyoko seems to be at least somewhat aware of her actual feelings.
Jul 16, 2012 9:21 PM

Oct 2009
Seriously! What a golden opportunity, they're at a hot spring together! You'd think they'd get things straightened out, you'd think Godai would tell her the truth! But I guess it's still 30 episodes too early... -_-
I hope it's not literally till the last few episodes that they confess their love, glad they at least found each other. That would have really sucked lol.
El Psy Congroo

まだまだだね!!!
Oct 16, 2015 11:18 AM
May 2015
What an episode! Unbelievable! Outstanding! Mind blowing! Japanese baths are really something, and those tenants made a mess of maison ikkoku.
Jan 1, 2016 11:38 PM

Dec 2014
yes finally kyoko and godai meet together
Jul 24, 2016 7:30 AM

Feb 2014
Well, at least they got their respective misunderstandings cleared up, after these two tedious episodes full of ridiculous coincidences.
Aug 11, 2016 12:40 PM

Jan 2013
soooooooooooooooooo close, but still so far.
Really so much more should have been said. Still so frustrating.

ekla said:
What an episode! Unbelievable! Outstanding! Mind blowing! Japanese baths are really something, and those tenants made a mess of maison ikkoku.

Also, you calm down. It could have been so much better.
Jun 6, 2017 5:40 PM

May 2009
What will it take for Godai to ACTUALLY say what he really wants to say?! I was really hoping for him to say that he hasn't given up on Kyoko! At least Kyoko found out that he really did go after her :)
Also, I hated when the tenants called just when Kyoko was going to lie on Godai's back! That moment was going to be cute( stupid pipes!!!LOL)
Oct 19, 2017 3:49 AM

May 2015
JESUS GODAI! JUST SAY IT! GOD DAMMIT!

Dat ass!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 24, 2017 8:12 PM
Feb 2017
I love this show, I really do. It's so full of outstanding humor, beauty, and heartfelt emotion (not to mention great music), but my god is it frustrating at times. I don't know if I can take 34 more episodes of this back and forth and miscommunication (though of course I will).
Nov 5, 2018 9:10 PM

Aug 2013
almost 4 years and godai still pathetic

Nov 28, 2018 11:17 PM

Jul 2017
This is sooo frustrating! Like come ooonnn have some balls Godai

smell of coffee
songs of sleep

Mar 10, 2019 11:12 AM

Nov 2016
This series is indeed an up and down and it's not hard to see why people would be frustrated by it. That said, imo it's still able to convey it's true beauty when it's count and those moments are the ones which make the journey eventually worth it. Like Godai's and Kyoko's meeting by "chance" in the inn. It's hard for me to put it into words, but after the events that took place previously, it just felt so relaxing and delightful.

And yeah, of course we got the tenants which have to disrupt the precious togetherness xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 21, 2019 12:27 PM

Jul 2015
Well at least the misunderstanding of Kyoko and Mitaka has been revealed to Godai

Jan 24, 2020 9:05 PM
Jan 2020
God godai is such a fucking puss I hope the coach bends kyokko over in front of him
Jun 3, 2020 10:17 PM

Jun 2016
This man Paid for a trip just to say Fuck All. Well at least those tenants made Manager's day.

yeah those tenants can't live alone,they would tear the whole shit down.

May 7, 2021 10:02 PM

May 2019
At least the manager realise that Godai is after her after all. That's a golden opportunity in the hot spring. Finally the misunderstandings between them are cleared up so its fine even if Godai can't be really honest to Kyoko and the manager is pretty stubborn too lol. They are pretty much stupid when it's about love but that's also makes them human and I love it.
VivaceRexMay 7, 2021 10:18 PM

May 26, 2021 8:27 AM

Jan 2018
This might be the first anime episode I watched where the hot spring scene doesn’t end in the same cliche manner. And this anime came out in the 80's.

I know Urusei Yatsura even had hot spring episodes, and even those were better than the generic hot spring episodes of common anime.
Guy(s) try peeping on the girls > "accidentally" stumble upon the girls > get their @$$ beaten > suddenly they all forget about it the next day.
Here it was handled a bit more maturely with Kyoko not immediately attacking Godai like a highschooler and mutually agreeing to talk after getting out (well at least they would've had Godai not passed out). She held no grudge, neither did Godai feel guilty. There were more important matters at hand.
A lot of the same thing could be applied to the series as a whole. Most romcom nowadays feature highschool settings which is getting old. But I sorta get why they're made, it’s cos they're popular amongst irl highschoolers.
Jun 23, 2021 7:07 PM
Sep 2019
damn why does the artsyle have to be so inconsistent
also godai was a little too wimpy in this ep
also the neighbours fucking did something good finally for godai at the end
Jun 23, 2021 7:10 PM
Sep 2019
RediceRyan said:
soooooooooooooooooo close, but still so far.
Really so much more should have been said. Still so frustrating.

ekla said:

Also, you calm down. It could have been so much better.

yeah it was so good but the manga made it a bit better
Jun 23, 2021 7:10 PM
Sep 2019
read the manga for this ep !!!!!!!!!
Jun 10, 2023 10:10 AM

May 2016
@Fmmatron hey at least they were useful for once.
Jun 11, 2023 2:05 AM

Nov 2016
Raizel said:
@Fmmatron hey at least they were useful for once.

I was joking, it wouldn't be the sams without them lol

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maison Ikkoku Episode 19 Discussion

meneope - Jun 19, 2011

35 by alexrawk »»
May 3, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Maison Ikkoku Episode 10 Discussion

hellogoodbye - Jun 3, 2011

31 by Playcool »»
Apr 28, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Maison Ikkoku Episode 12 Discussion

hellogoodbye - Jun 4, 2011

20 by Playcool »»
Apr 26, 3:48 PM

Poll: » Maison Ikkoku Episode 6 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Oct 25, 2009

29 by Playcool »»
Apr 26, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Maison Ikkoku Episode 4 Discussion

good-time - Jul 28, 2010

20 by Playcool »»
Apr 26, 5:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.