Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 21, 2013 9:38 PM

Feb 2008
Wait, girls love this? Even if you changed the genders, this would be still as terrible. The guy basically raped him, and they forgot everything about it in the next scene. Is the author a hikikomori?

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
May 27, 2013 2:49 PM
Mar 2013
Well... That was fast haha I will probably keep watching though.
(Not because of those little butterflies... no :3 )
Jun 17, 2013 2:57 AM
Dec 2011
Am i the only straight male watching this ?
Jun 24, 2013 4:59 PM

Mar 2013
This must be the fifth time I've watched this. I just love it so much.
90s J-rock was our aesthetic peak.
Mar 29, 2014 2:41 AM

Jan 2008
I have already completed this anime already I am rewatching it but for some reason there is no discussion comments from me which is really weird

I LOVE THIS ANIME it has everything I look for in anime well at least a Boy's Love anime there is just so much about this anime that just makes it even better every second u are watching it but now on to episode 2 again love the next episode though but then again I love the whole series though so yeah
Dec 4, 2014 4:57 AM

Dec 2012
Wow that escalated quickly. The moment when they were crying in each other's arms was romantic albeit a bit sudden. This definitely reminds me of Sekaiichi Hatsukoi and in all of the right ways.
Jan 12, 2015 2:31 AM

Jun 2011
whoa did ahkihiko just make the otouto cum in seconds by rubbing him thru his pants and raping him. wow, this guy is fucking out of control. lmao. good soap opera level shit.
Mar 5, 2015 8:08 AM

Oct 2009
This show, like most yaoi stories, has those distasteful rape/dubcon themes. I don't get why boys-love stories can't execute their storylines like shoujo stories. That is devoid of sex and focusing more on the plot.

The first half of this ep was actually good, minus the sexual harassment part. I don't know how to feel about Usagi publishing a BL novel abt his fantasies with Misaki's brother. That's a tad creepy lol

I have a problem with the second half. So Misaki likes Usagi to the point where he wanted to punch his brother... Eh I thought the Takahiro brothers would have a deeper bond than that, esp since their parents passed away when Misaki's young. I admit the scene with Usagi crying to Misaki was pretty darn sweet. I hope it's these moments are what makes this series popular. And it got really convenient that their apartment's contract expired (though I don't understand that part I'm not knowledgeable about properties) so that Misaki can stay with Usagi. So I guess they are lovers now? lol that escalated quickly.
Mar 29, 2015 3:11 PM

Jun 2014
Vongole said:
This show, like most yaoi stories, has those distasteful rape/dubcon themes. I don't get why boys-love stories can't execute their storylines like shoujo stories. That is devoid of sex and focusing more on the plot.

The first half of this ep was actually good, minus the sexual harassment part. I don't know how to feel about Usagi publishing a BL novel abt his fantasies with Misaki's brother. That's a tad creepy lol

I have a problem with the second half. So Misaki likes Usagi to the point where he wanted to punch his brother... Eh I thought the Takahiro brothers would have a deeper bond than that, esp since their parents passed away when Misaki's young. I admit the scene with Usagi crying to Misaki was pretty darn sweet. I hope it's these moments are what makes this series popular. And it got really convenient that their apartment's contract expired (though I don't understand that part I'm not knowledgeable about properties) so that Misaki can stay with Usagi. So I guess they are lovers now? lol that escalated quickly.

My thoughts exactly

Lol at the end when he figures out that Satou is actually the most common name.

Oct 7, 2015 10:53 AM

Jan 2014
This was... quite nice :)
Oct 28, 2015 12:05 AM
Sep 2013
ok well that was interesting

i may have to be put this on hold indefinitely
Oct 28, 2015 8:52 PM

Jul 2012
amazingbrian said:
ok well that was interesting

i may have to be put this on hold indefinitely

rofl
Nov 13, 2015 2:11 PM

May 2015
Episode one and the main character gets sexually assaulted, and then they freaking brush it off? I mean, I guess if he wasn’t traumatized then that’s that, and that it might not affect people as much as others, but I still don’t really like a thing like that being used so casually. He put his hands down someone’s PANTS. Granted, that kid was being a jackass, but still, nothing excuses that. Then again, I’ve seen other work made by the creator of this series, and she seems to use sexual assault to varying degrees as a way to move a relationship along quite a bit. That seems to happen a lot in yaoi and seinen ai, actually.

Anyway, screaming to the sky, “I do not like men,” was hilarious. That was pretty hilarious, especially the fact that Usagi was standing behind him. I always feel humiliated on behalf of the characters under such circumstances lol. XD

The ending scene with the teddy bears was funny, too. An iffy first episode, but I’ll keep watching.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Feb 11, 2016 2:53 AM

Apr 2015
Well, that was... sudden.

Let's see how the next few episodes go.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Jul 28, 2016 10:24 AM
Jul 2018
Misaki's ugly crying tho
Dec 6, 2016 2:05 PM

Jul 2013
1st episode goes by pretty fast. I'm a big yaoi fan and so far everything in the first episode is everything a fujoshi would want in a series. Really want to see more on the relationship between Usagi and Misaki
Jan 16, 2017 11:38 PM

May 2013
Oh my. This is my first BL anime hahaha. I actually thought Misaki was a girl pretending to be a guy since his eyes are so big. Should've read the synopsis LOL. It's not bad, though, so forward march!!!!!!! xD
Mar 19, 2017 5:20 PM
Jan 2012
Honestly, not sure on how to feel about this. The show straight up starts with rape. Yes, rape. That was rape. Hm...

Edit: With that being said, holy fuck is this show cute. SO CUTE!!! That kiss and that whole scene is just WOW
reilanimuMar 19, 2017 5:33 PM
Feb 2, 2018 1:53 AM

Jul 2013
Forced by my girlfriend to watch this.

Seriously, that was sexual assault. I'm 28 also. I would go to jail if I did what Usagi did to anyone, especially if I did it to an 18 year old boy or girl.

I mean, seriously, would any of you get into a relationship with a guy 10 years older than you who put his hand down your pants and forcibly got you off? I'm betting most of you would report him to the police.

It'd be one thing if it were shown and portrayed as unacceptable behavior, but it's basically just not treated like a big deal at all. I realize it's a matter of fantasy (just like there are also a lot of hentai based on fantasies people wouldn't actually wish to happen in real life), but damn... I guess fujoshi are just blind to this sort of thing and are like omg so cute.

Anyways, I want to go puke now...

That said, most of the episode really wasn't that bad. I just don't see how this can be considered romantic.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Feb 10, 2018 8:41 PM
Jul 2018
Hraktuus said:
Forced by my girlfriend to watch this.

Seriously, that was sexual assault. I'm 28 also. I would go to jail if I did what Usagi did to anyone, especially if I did it to an 18 year old boy or girl.

I mean, seriously, would any of you get into a relationship with a guy 10 years older than you who put his hand down your pants and forcibly got you off? I'm betting most of you would report him to the police.

It'd be one thing if it were shown and portrayed as unacceptable behavior, but it's basically just not treated like a big deal at all. I realize it's a matter of fantasy (just like there are also a lot of hentai based on fantasies people wouldn't actually wish to happen in real life), but damn... I guess fujoshi are just blind to this sort of thing and are like omg so cute.

Anyways, I want to go puke now...

That said, most of the episode really wasn't that bad. I just don't see how this can be considered romantic.

True, true. But not all of us are blind to this sort of thing.

And I'm assuming you won't watch anymore? Not even for the other couples or the spin-offs?
Mar 19, 2018 6:01 PM
Mar 2018
I loveee BL!! It's amazing that is why I voted 5 out of 5!! Though to bad I can't read the manga I only watched the anime. I really don't think she would let me get it she doesn't even know...but I don't care less!
Aug 20, 2020 3:54 AM

Feb 2020
Venturing a little more into BL because I have enjoyed what I've seen already. A little rushed for sure but it makes sense considering they're supposedly telling 3 stories with not that many episodes.

I actually liked this though, it kept me watching it. Would I still rate it a 6/10? Probably, yes. Did I still thoroughly enjoy it and want to keep watching? Yes. Starting to think I have a weird way of rating series... :/

Regardless, i'm interested for more :)
Dec 9, 2020 3:09 PM
Dec 2020
I read it before it became an anime so many years ago, im looking forward to season 4 😊 I'm such a fan girl.
May 2, 2021 12:55 AM

Jan 2021
I can’t keep track of how many times I have re-watched this show, ╥﹏╥
May 23, 2021 6:19 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This guy is dangerous, he needs to stop randomly sexually assaulting people xD
Mar 30, 2022 12:57 PM

Jan 2022
So far not liking this at all. Don't get how people in this thread like it so much either, it's creepy.. The art and proportions are eyesores too, I'll give it a chance though
Jun 27, 2023 1:57 AM
Jul 2021
So wait a minute, right out of the bat on the very first episode we have s€xual assault done on the MC and a very creepy older guy and everyone is all like ... yeah we're fine, nothing to see here ... Okay and this crap anime got 3 seasons plus two OVA/special episode all the while a show that is more interesting and much better like Gravitation gets one season with a anticlimactic ending?! 

FYI Misaki: No bro you ain't no Lion, what you are is a closeted uke. Deal with it.
DawizzJun 27, 2023 9:59 PM
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Aug 20, 2023 7:55 AM
Jul 2023
Sexual Assault doesn't equal love
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Junjo Romantica Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

hyunnie14 - May 17, 2008

57 by binkbonkbee »»
Sep 4, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Junjo Romantica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cookie-chan- - Jun 27, 2008

56 by Dawizz »»
Jul 2, 2023 4:17 PM

Poll: » Junjo Romantica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ummyeah - Jun 21, 2008

51 by Dawizz »»
Jul 2, 2023 4:14 PM

Poll: » Junjo Romantica Episode 10 Discussion

meowmeow21 - Jun 13, 2008

47 by Dawizz »»
Jul 2, 2023 4:10 PM

Poll: » Junjo Romantica Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

sanjica - Jun 14, 2008

50 by Dawizz »»
Jul 2, 2023 4:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.