3It was OK
9.6%
2Disliked it
2.4%
1Hated it
1.3%
Average 4.4
1,216 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 13, 2022 6:29 AM

Nov 2011
Haha, the video games and Sega reference this episode was priceless. I knew this anime would promote some of that company and that controller + console is still iconic.

Episode had its fun moments with Ojisan again but also scenes with Mabel. There's small glimpses of Ojisan's past but I want to know more about his character.
Jul 13, 2022 6:40 AM

May 2020
I almost feel sorry for myself skipping this one thinking it to be just another one of those isekai, though glad I was wrong. This stacked as hell voice cast just the cherry on cake.

Uncle still being dense as hell, be it with the elf chick or the blue haired one. His actions may let them fall for him, but his words do the exact opposite lol. I feel Takafumi, that’s just how we all feel while watching a beta cum dense dude. Though his dense archetype somehow doesn't work when things aren’t involving him, it took him just a few seconds to realize Fujimiya’s feelings… god it was embarrassing lol.

Now what will all three of them live together? I really want them to. Also damn we were this close to the title drop.
Jul 13, 2022 8:34 AM

Jan 2018
We got some new characters introduced. Though it might take some time to dive into Ojiisan's past. His SEGA fandom is still on flex here.

F if the relationship between Takafumi and the girl won't progress.

Cannot wait for more of his past adventures.
Jul 13, 2022 8:37 AM

Jan 2020
"I understand love -- I watched the entire Evangelion series in high school." Lmao... alright, lmao. Imagine your entire basis for relationships being defined by Evangelion. Fucking wild.

It was a pretty slow episode up until that moment. Though I did like how he rejected saving the girl with the frozen heart and told her it was okay to be a recluse. I thought for a moment there he might inspire her to become evil, but it looks like she just further secluded herself. Not like the village really appreciated her anyway though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, I like Fujimiya, too bad it seems like Takafumi doesn't appreciate her. The main focus is Ojisan anyway, so we probably won't see too much of her.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jul 13, 2022 8:43 AM

Oct 2016
commonxreaction said:
"I understand love -- I watched the entire Evangelion series in high school." Lmao... alright, lmao. Imagine your entire basis for relationships being defined by Evangelion. Fucking wild.

No no no, defined by battle games. Watching anime was just an aside for oji-san.
Jul 13, 2022 8:45 AM

Apr 2014
What a waste! Not only the tsundere elf but also that ice girl as well.
I really feel bad for Fujimiya though. She is obviously falling in love with Takafumi, but there is a huge friend zone from Takafumi waiting for her.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 13, 2022 8:46 AM
Sep 2015
Playing with nostalgia is double effective in a pandemic era. You don't have to rewind to your childhood, just rewinds to 3 years ago and there's already so much difference between then and now.
Jul 13, 2022 8:54 AM
May 2017
this shit is funny af SEGA sponsoring EVANGELION back when it first aired is 100% accurate im really surprised they mentioned EVA here they even did the reference like they iconic sky scenery with flying air craft with nature sounds and the Evangelion styled font lmao idk if the last one is a reference of EoE the HAND SCENE

another good episode

dxtremecaliberJul 13, 2022 9:03 AM
Jul 13, 2022 9:22 AM

Jun 2021
I love how disappointed the Takafumi gets just listening to the uncle recount his tales of life in the other world lol.

The man’s love for retro games is pretty funny (the face he made when he got Guardian Heroes and a Sega Saturn was priceless). Seeing how absolutely devastated he is that Guardian Heroes didn’t get number 1 was great. His “RPG encounter” was exactly what I thought lol. The dude and his damn “ugly” mug hahaha.

Mabel is a total waifu. Loved that the uncle heard that quest and was like “nope” because he couldn’t be assed to remember all that lol. The village mayor was like -_-. Lol.

That new year’s party, man. Poor sad lonely bastard haha. Of course nothing happens with Mabel… except he convinced her to lean into the hikikomori lifestyle lmao. The way those two spent the New Years was actually pretty heartwarming though.

Fujimiya is totally in love with Takafumi and he doesn’t realize it. You sure he wasn’t the one isekai’d? Lol. Classic dense mc! The uncle can be a scary dude. He straight up almost killed her, good thing Takafumi came in and kicked him in the face lol. I love that he’s a proper YouTuber now with 2 mill views. I especially love that he watched Eva and just totally didn’t pick up on Asuka being tsundere lol.

This series is freakin hilarious. 2 eps in and I’m definitely sold. If only Netflix had a better release schedule.
Jul 13, 2022 9:41 AM

Apr 2011
Look, uncle, I also watched all of Evangelion in Junior High, you are not special!!

Anyway, this anime makes me sad and then kills me inside bc I always feel SAD when uncle tells about how lonely he was in the other world... All bc he's ugly and a nerd.
Jul 13, 2022 9:44 AM
May 2021
He seriously watched evangelion and this scene was even more funny because he didn't get what evangelion really is he thought he was watching a fucking romance anime.

Most enjoyable summer season anime right now.
Jul 13, 2022 9:56 AM

Jan 2017
oml this keeps getting more and more hilarious especially with more of Uncle's sticker-worthy faces

First the elf girl and now Uncle casually "rejected" the ice-girl, he can't keep getting away with this!
Jul 13, 2022 10:04 AM

Jul 2014
Man, do I love the character design for all the main girls in this series. Such a unique style that blends well with the overall look of the show. Really looking forward to see tsundere elf girl interact with uncle again.

Anyways, Uncle mentioning Asuka liking Kaji as if it’s an easter egg is definitely the icing on the cake.
Jul 13, 2022 10:05 AM

Jun 2015
LMAO I completely agree that Guardian Heroes at 197th place is a joke
Jul 13, 2022 10:10 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Ojisan was upset about the Saturn game rankings xD.
We saw his memories of trying to get Mabel to give him the freezing sword...
Though he didn't need it in the end lol.
Takafumi got him a saturn for his early birthday present and guardian heroes?!! He was very happy!
Seems the Christmas festival in another world for him was...isolated.
I feel sorry for Ojisan's lack of tsundere knowledge...
Seems Mabel came to his room after the festival! And he made her fall in love with him because of his words!
She chose her old lifestyle again and Ojisan refused the sword!
Takafumi sees Fujimiya who he hasn't seen for a while.
She walks past his uncle thinking she should avoid these streets for a while...
Though she doesn't know about him being his uncle until she goes to his house!
He attacked her until she heard she was his friend.
She asks him to do magic and he wants money for it.
Ojisan understands mature love because he watched Evangelion! Takafumi is scared he might catch onto the tsundere concept?!!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jul 13, 2022 10:11 AM

Jul 2017
Hah, Takafumi's uncle is still stuck in the past reviewing Sega Saturn games that had already changed with the courses of time. And I feel you, Guardian Heroes is a Treasure game that should've gotten more recognition that's beaten from bishoujo to RPG games.

Of course, how would Uncle understand what to do in an RPG, much less save this ice princess Mabel from the blazes of a dragon. And the Saturn as a birthday gift, at least he's happy about it, plus Guardian Heroes.

A deserted New Year's Eve where Uncle can catch up with stuff in the real world, yet in the fantasy world, it's a festival feast. But as for the tsundere elf, she's nowhere to be seen yet, except at least for Mabel whom wants to be stronger...and that's where the conversation would end with Uncle being more dense than ever, and only watching TV for most of his life.

The new year passes, and Takafumi coincidentally meets his old pal Fujimiya, which Uncle had the most adverse effect. But how can you spurt Evangelion lines like you know it lols, even worse with the elf's tsundere behaviour...that Uncle's too denseless will never get lols. It's clear that Fujimiya likes Takafumi, yet has to live with his otherworldly Uncle's antics.

Classic.
Jul 13, 2022 10:27 AM

Feb 2011
LAMO The shot of Takafumi's uncle floating outside the window was hilarious. Fujimiya is in for a spectacle for sure!
【=◈︿◈=】セックス大好き... What can I say? 【=◈︿◈=】
Jul 13, 2022 10:53 AM
Jan 2022
lmao uncle watched all of eva
Jul 13, 2022 10:53 AM

Oct 2017
He made Mabel into a shut in and doesn't get what tsundere means at all. Takafumi ain't any better either when it comes to love, Fujimiya likes him and he's completely oblivious.
Jul 13, 2022 10:55 AM

Apr 2018
Takafumi is crying to death. An uncle with 0 game but a whole ass hot elf is trying to get him. A lot of references to other video games and sega. A really good episode once again. The main girls all have some good ass character designs nothing too special but it fits the show perfectly.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 13, 2022 11:21 AM
Mar 2021
That episode was a bit of a borefest and I didn't really find it funny compared to the first one to be honest. I've heard the manga drops off a bit, so I'm hoping the next few episodes pick up a bit.
Jul 13, 2022 11:22 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows that Takafumi is not winning anymore with his uncle because the views are disappearing and there is nothing interesting anymore and Takafumi's uncle did everything his way in the other world
Jul 13, 2022 11:23 AM

Nov 2015
Interesting how the anime skipped a bit of the Eva scene in the manga, since his friend at school who was lending him the videos spoiled the ending of the show for him.

Overall, episodes have been as I expect. I do wish there would be a few more Sega references but it's nice to see things like Guardian Heroes get some limelight. Also ANOTHER Alien Soldier reference, there's gonna be a lot of these, I think the author loves that game.
Jul 13, 2022 11:27 AM
Jan 2022
Maybe I'm too young for this series? By the time I was old enough to play video games SEGA had already stopped making consoles for at least 7 years. I don't get any of the SEGA references so maybe that's the reason I don't find this too funny?
Jul 13, 2022 11:45 AM

Jun 2013
This is hilarious
Jul 13, 2022 12:37 PM
May 2019
I really wonder when Ojisan wakes up from the coma whether he will leave the Elf, it will be a sad story if that happens
Jul 13, 2022 1:22 PM

Mar 2015
I like the designs of the girls. The animation is pretty good.
My Candies:

My bonus Candies:
Jul 13, 2022 1:24 PM

Jan 2013
Ojisan look like the titan that ate Erens mom.
Jul 13, 2022 1:24 PM
Apr 2021
Love the reference to sega and Evangelion…. I don’t blame him, first time I saw that series I didn’t get it too 😂 and I def didn’t know tsundere personality was a thing back then.
Jul 13, 2022 1:36 PM

Dec 2009
As someone who used to play Golden Axe 2 day and night this anime really hits home
Jul 13, 2022 1:36 PM
Jan 2019
Amazing as always. (Whatever the hell character limit)
Jul 13, 2022 1:45 PM

Apr 2020
Shit's keep getting better and better, this is really becoming one of my favorites this season. Our Ojisan just can't help loving SEGA, and hey nice to see Takafumi bringing back the consoles and games of his life, what a nice gesture.

And hey I don't think you've noticed yet, but damn this show actually looks so great. The character designs for Mabel (Ice Queen at its best), and Fujimiya (who surprisingly has waifu potential), is A-tier, and of course Elf as well. I can't help but drool a little bit, and their dere types doesn't help me much more, I just love it.

Things are nice so far, and hey this show actually brought me back to Netflix, even though it is worse off now than the time I left it....
Jul 13, 2022 2:15 PM

May 2018
Asuka is top tier waifu I agree
Jul 13, 2022 3:29 PM

May 2018
- "197th place? What?" - ojisan is like me some decades ago, when I cared about stupid stuff like rankings.
- Going directly after the boss (the dragon), ignoring the side quests, shows that ojisan wasn't playing around.
- Wow, this is me at festivities. I eat my meal and go to my room. Drunk people sure get noisy and really annoying.
- Ojisan created an ice queen monster? That's what life lessons from him do to you.
- The God Freezon Sword is cold? That goes without saying, no?
- It's funny how female characters look prettier and cutier even IRL in this show.
- What a typically japanese way to twist "17 years in coma" into "haven't worked for 17 years".
- "The enemy"? Well duuuh, 3D girls are enemies to otakus.
- "You like Takafumi.". I guess ojisan is right about human relationships once in a blue moon.
- Now that's a valid reason to watch Eva - the SEGA commercials.
- I did not get that Kaji reference (no, I am not watching Eva).
- I did not get the not buying rice online thing. Like it's probably cheaper and the delivery guy is being paid for delivering it, what's the fuss about?
alshuJul 14, 2022 7:29 AM
Jul 13, 2022 3:49 PM

Mar 2020
alshu said:
- "197th place? What?" - ojisan is like me some decades ago, when I cared about stupid stuff like rankings.
- Going directly after the boss (the dragon), ignoring the side quests, shows that ojisan wasn't playing around.
- Wow, this is me at festivities. I eat my meal and go to my room. Drunk people sure get noisy and really annoying.
- Ojisan created an ice queen monster? That's what life lessons from him do to you.
- The God Freezon Sword is cold? That goes without saying, no?
- It's funny how female characters look prettier and cuter even IRL in this show.
- "The enemy"? Well duuuh, 3D girls are enemies to otakus.
- "You like Takafumi.". I guess ojisan is right about human relationships once on a blue moon.
- Now that's a valid reason to watch Eva - the SEGA commercials.
- I did not get that Kaji reference (no, I am not watching Eva).
- I did not get the not buying rice online thing. Like it's probably cheaper and the delivery guy is being paid for delivering it, what's the fuss about?

From what I heard the thing with kaiji is that its the most apparent thing ever for anyone who watched eva.
As for ths rice its because the delivery guy got back pain from carrying it and he felt lethal intent from him
Jul 13, 2022 3:57 PM

May 2018
Kokoro_135 said:
felt lethal intent from him

- Fujimiya hated the rice buying part too.
- Takafumi said something like "refrain buying rice online".

It's implied that buying rice online in Japan is rude, like "Buy it and bring it home yourself!" but I am not sure why.
Maybe it's actually unreasonably more expensive thus considered waste of money and other resources?
Jul 13, 2022 4:17 PM

Oct 2016
alshu said:
Kokoro_135 said:
felt lethal intent from him

- Fujimiya hated the rice buying part too.
- Takafumi said something like "refrain buying rice online".

It's implied that buying rice online in Japan is rude, like "Buy it and bring it home yourself!" but I am not sure why.
Maybe it's actually unreasonably more expensive thus considered waste of money and other resources?

Nah Fujiyama and the delivery man were pissed for completely different reasons. Fujimiya just wanted Uncle gone so that she could be roommates with Takafumi. The delivery guy is pissed because he had to lug that 15kg sack up four flights of stairs.
Jul 13, 2022 5:13 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Ojisan just casually levitating and pulling up to the crib in the background. Best shot I've seen all week

I for one think that it makes it far more interesting than to look at Ojisan's other world life as flashbacks, rather than to have the anime of him actually being there. It's probably because we only see the good stuff and have any bs igonred that you might usually see in isekai. We just see the fun and uh, "heartfelt" moments, cutting out the lesser moments and other downtime in between.

Also to have him to have retained his powers from the other world also just makes for some damn good reverse isekai.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 13, 2022 5:28 PM

Oct 2015
Didnt even realize Aoi Yuuki voicing Mabel. She sound so different there
Jul 13, 2022 5:35 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I can safely say this is one of my favorites this season, this was such a good episode 2. Fujimiya is a certified babe, it’s funny that Takafumi has his own tsundere he doesn’t realize is into him lol. And I really liked the wholesome bit where Takafumi bought Ojisan a Sega Saturn and then they gamed together, his reaction was hilarious too lol.

And man I really love the flashback and how they’re commented on by Ojisan and Takafumi, it makes it especially hilarious seeing how Ojisan is indifferent to most of it and doesn’t realize what he’s done and Takafumi is just in shock lol, I don’t think it’ll ever get old for me, it was especially great with the Mabel bit. I also liked the direct references to Evangelion, Asuka truly is a revolutionary tsundere.

And wow, that was a really good ED, very nice song and nice visuals, a chill way to end episodes!
TheColonel76Jul 13, 2022 5:39 PM
Jul 13, 2022 5:48 PM

Jan 2021
Uncle's one and only love will be Sega. End of discussion
Jul 13, 2022 6:03 PM

Oct 2017
This show is pure gold.
Jul 13, 2022 6:19 PM

Mar 2020
Yep, definitely my reason for the season. I can't properly describe the feelings of euphoria I get whenever the characters talk about the thing that I recognise, especially in the case of all that Sega pandering. I hope there's a bit where Ojisan learns about the Sega Hard Girls lol
XeroBeatJul 13, 2022 6:22 PM
Jul 13, 2022 6:21 PM

Jan 2021
Takafumi’s disappointing reactions whenever he watches his Uncle’s past are too funny

Jul 13, 2022 7:17 PM
Jun 2019
Wdtm86 said:
Didnt even realize Aoi Yuuki voicing Mabel. She sound so different there

Right?? I honestly thought it was Hayamin.
Jul 13, 2022 7:27 PM
Nov 2021
Man I love how the uncle is completely about sega and video games. Rip that ice girl lol, how can he ruin everything.
Jul 13, 2022 7:41 PM

Jan 2011
i was surprised how scary the uncle can be sometimes
Jul 13, 2022 8:16 PM
Jul 2016
I'm just hoping for an episode where he plays modern sonic and just thinks Sonic 06 is the best Sonic game ever. That would officially kill me.
The way they hid the face for the nights reference was clean.
Jul 13, 2022 8:54 PM

Sep 2018
Damn, that was good. Early AOTS pick right now, hopefully it can keep it's quality.
Jul 13, 2022 9:55 PM

Apr 2020
I like the way they drew the characters for the anime, a little bit different from the manga but cooler looking.
ow + nw = 90-2000s

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai Ojisan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2022

125 by Tony2Phones »»
Mar 25, 5:38 AM

Poll: » Isekai Ojisan Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2023

188 by AshLas »»
Mar 21, 8:50 PM

» season 2?

Eldencheese - Dec 21, 2023

7 by MeguSae38 »»
Feb 18, 5:38 AM

Poll: » Isekai Ojisan Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 25, 2022

251 by Trinity_07 »»
Jan 17, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Isekai Ojisan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2022

110 by WELLERM »»
Dec 17, 2023 12:59 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.