Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 1, 2022 1:53 PM
Sep 2021
Manga readers please confirm:
Is MC still a pussy till the end or he's growing and actually learning to spark up like he did in this 1st ep?
Jul 1, 2022 1:54 PM

Feb 2018
I liked this episode more than I hated it.

I feel I might dislike even more the MC in this season since I've seen better MCs than him since last time, and some even in similar genre series.
Jul 1, 2022 1:58 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I wanna start by saying I absolutely do not ride the hate wave for this, I loved the first season and I’ve been patiently waiting for this season, and man am I so glad to finally see it. The recap in the beginning by each girl’s POV was a nice way to start too. Mizuhara definitely slayed that play, loved seeing Kazuya’s reactions too. It really is a shame she wasn’t selected by the director but it means we get another season of Rent a Girlfriend lol, I kinda feel Kazuya there.

But I did really like how Kazuya talked Mizuhara up in the middle of the street, and then booked all of those dates with her when she was feeling down. I don’t know what decisions he makes later down the line but he was awesome here let me tell you.

Man I’m hyped for more of this, really glad to have this back, I know some manga readers are seething with rage right now but I am here to tell you I do not care lol. And man that OP was really good, sad it’s not Peggies this time but it was still really good, we at least got the first OP near the end, and I’m excited to hear the ED when we get it.
TheColonel76Jul 1, 2022 2:03 PM
Jul 1, 2022 2:00 PM
May 2022
did any one find it weird thr crunchyrol listed under season 1 episode 13???
Jul 1, 2022 2:03 PM

Feb 2018
MrGutierrez said:
did any one find it weird thr crunchyrol listed under season 1 episode 13???

Yup, I had to double check because I almost thought I hadn't finished season 1. But they usually do this.
Jul 1, 2022 2:04 PM
Mar 2015
And so they continue to continue to pretend
Jul 1, 2022 2:10 PM
Jan 2021
Watched the first episode, loved it, excited to see what's coming next.

Kind of confused with this comment section, I didn't know people hated this show so much for some reason and it's obvious from the scores the show has so far.

Still confused as to why people feel the need to watch, comment on and closely follow a show, movie or anime in this case, so closely if they don't enjoy it, but hey, that's fine, as long as they feel validated for their opinions on the internet, good for them.

I just hope the writers of the show don't feel discouraged because of a few people and their opinions, cause I'm sure that more than enough people out here enjoy their work.
Jul 1, 2022 2:18 PM
May 2020
and "how to be a simip" returns. liked the new op tbf
Jul 1, 2022 2:20 PM

May 2021
Great episode! We are back finally! The manga certainly has ben.....very BERET as of lately xD. The new opening is nice! And so are the visuals! Kazuya is going to watch Chizuru in the play she is in. You can even buy photos of her. Sumii is also there!
Chizuru's acting was great and despite that, the scout knew the main actor since she was a child which was very unfair.
Seems he will rent Chizuru constantly!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jul 1, 2022 2:20 PM
Nov 2021
Softhenic03 said:
So how much time has passed? Two years, like exact two years. For a series everyone hates with a burning passion getting a second season shouldn’t be a possibility much less actually getting a one and that too this early. So whom to blame? Those pro manga readers or the ones like me who despite utterly disliking its very existence, are still riding this trainwreck. Well just leave it be for now.

Anyways the dude is back, with his usual shitty expressive faces simping day in and day out for Chizuru like he just followed her all the way to the theatre, created a scene right in public, and then what he got, maybe that rental date he was weeping for. Sigh, just the kind of premiere I was expecting.

i think it was pretty successful anime in japan , cuz no way it'd have got s2 with this much hate outside (why tf do they waste so much resources on this shit rather than ANY other thing)
Jul 1, 2022 2:21 PM

Jul 2021
Opinion of episode 1?
Jul 1, 2022 2:24 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I love this sh*t way more than I should

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 1, 2022 2:31 PM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows Kazuya going to see Mizuhara in the play that could separate them as a client and girlfriend for rent but even doing the best performance she didn't get the role
Jul 1, 2022 2:39 PM

May 2021
In general, I like when the MC is passionate, like he was at the end of the episode, but Kazuya gives you a headache just by opening his mouth. I forgot how dumb he is.
luckyowl10Jul 1, 2022 2:44 PM
Jul 1, 2022 2:41 PM
May 2019
Softhenic03 said:
So how much time has passed? Two years, like exact two years. For a series everyone hates with a burning passion getting a second season shouldn’t be a possibility much less actually getting a one and that too this early. So whom to blame? Those pro manga readers or the ones like me who despite utterly disliking its very existence, are still riding this trainwreck. Well just leave it be for now.

I mean the japanese fucking love this shit. It sells like hotcakes over there. That's really why it's got another season and why it does well overall. It's incomprehensible to us western fans sure, but we sometimes forget that for as much as we love this medium, they don't give one single solitary shit what we think or want. They appease the Japanese 100% without even thinking what the west wants.
Jul 1, 2022 2:43 PM

Jan 2021
Katzu_kun said:
Opinion of episode 1?

I liked it, it was fun. I hope there is some development this season...btw i guess people rating this series after just one episode are manga readers...
Jul 1, 2022 2:45 PM

Feb 2014
Rent a Peak Fiction makes it's triumphant return.
Jul 1, 2022 2:47 PM

Mar 2021
it's rentin' time

Jul 1, 2022 2:54 PM

Mar 2021
218 218 218 218 218 218 218 218 218 218 218 218

Jul 1, 2022 2:55 PM

Sep 2015
BerriesSan said:
This season adapts (hopefully) what I think is the best part of Kanojo Okarishimasu. Loved the first ep, excited to see the adaptation

I still don’t understand why exactly it gets so much hate, but I assume it’s from the portion of the audience that don’t consume exclusively only anime, so they might be weirded out by the usual anime tropes. That’s what I tell myself Atleast.

Dude.... its getting hate because of the pacing, and many of the re-caps from the previous season that took up so much of the time. Did you see the episode?
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jul 1, 2022 3:00 PM

Sep 2015
Wow, this episode adaptation manages to be worse than the Manga, with odd direction with the music at times.... I'm not going to go back and check how many chapters its adapted be it looked like it was only 2 chapters.... or 1.5 to say the least.... The pacing is godawful.

And right off the bat, we get exposition and re-caps from the previous season. And way more onward to this episode.

To top everything off, Kazuya having no character depth as always. The same old dude thats barely different from episode 1 S1 Kanokari.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jul 1, 2022 3:07 PM

Dec 2014
We started out strong with this episode for season 2! Always great to see a first episode that starts strongs and leaves a great impression, those are the kind of episodes that make you wanna keep watching the series. I was waiting patiently for the second season and I gotta say, although only the first episode, it is already shaping out to be a good one. Glad to see they focused on or main two protagonist for this first episode. Now, I don't know if I will comment on every episode or only the last one but be sure that I will be watching the anime. But yeah pretty cool stuff to start off.
Jul 1, 2022 3:10 PM

Mar 2021
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
Wow, this episode adaptation manages to be worse than the Manga, with odd direction with the music at times.... I'm not going to go back and check how many chapters its adapted be it looked like it was only 2 chapters.... or 1.5 to say the least.... The pacing is godawful.

And right off the bat, we get exposition and re-caps from the previous season. And way more onward to this episode.

To top everything off, Kazuya having no character depth as always. The same old dude thats barely different from episode 1 S1 Kanokari.
Kazuya didn't even get an introduction like all the girls did lol

Jul 1, 2022 3:17 PM

Apr 2020
i was overjoyed to see sumi again!! can't wait for her dates this season :)
Jul 1, 2022 3:39 PM
May 2022
finally what a pleasure to find them, I had my orgasm in this first episode on this scene
OP well done !

Chizuru & Kazuya Theater Scene : ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5vAX2Zp9ek )

Jul 1, 2022 3:45 PM
May 2021
Opening is valid imo, but damnn lets goo s2 😭😭🤣
Jul 1, 2022 3:46 PM
Oct 2021
Moral of the story: give a girl enough money and she'll love you.
Jul 1, 2022 3:57 PM

Apr 2015
If this is going to have the same pace as Season 1 had, then we will have no shot at the peak arc in this season. Unless they are going to rush everything. Let's see how far this season takes us.

I liked that they really brought Chizuru alive in that stage play.

Also every second of Sumi on screen is gonna be a treasure of it's own.
Jul 1, 2022 4:09 PM

Apr 2012
i was excited for this cose i liked S1
idk if its me or the anime but this first episode made me not wanna watch the rest... dropped
Jul 1, 2022 4:12 PM

Mar 2015
ahhh what a steaming pile of shit! beautiful! moar!
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Jul 1, 2022 4:19 PM
Jun 2022
Mira, si quitamos que el autor se está burlando del publico pues podriamos decir que el capitulo ha estado bien. Ojalá el anime recorte toda la mierda que nos ha metido el manga
Jul 1, 2022 4:44 PM

Aug 2020
I thought this anime was a bootleg with that 2:30 intro with all the characters introducing the events of the first season, it sounded so out of track and made me confused.

Also the OP is just

terrible. I've never seen a worse opening, and CHiCO has made WAYYYYYYY better song then that.

but ngl, the episode itself wasn't too bad, from what i've heard this season has some good content so i'm excited to see what comes up.

Has a 8.60 mean score
Akasaka > Other Mangakas

Jul 1, 2022 4:51 PM
Mar 2022
The onlu thing that I expect from this season is more protagonism for Sumi, we didn't see her so much in 1st season, and don't break the heart of Ruka btw :(
Jul 1, 2022 4:52 PM

Feb 2019
Peak is back let’s gooooo

Literally only watching this for more mami lmao. LOVE her visuals in the new op and the little CGs she had during the opening talking bit

Did this lame ass mf really buy a ticket to go stalk Chizuru again? Jesus Christ this dude is so insufferable. Now you’re gonna rent her out for an entire year?? Brother have some dignity.

I guess that was supposed to be an emotional moment at the end with Chizuru crying, didn’t move me at all. I’m purely here for the waifus and fanservice. I can’t wait to see how bad this season gets, anitwt should be fun this season.
Jul 1, 2022 4:59 PM

Jul 2021
Peak Fiction are coming back, great fun episode.
𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗮 𝗮𝗰𝘁𝘂𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 "𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱" 𝗮𝗻𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘀𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝘆𝘀, 𝘂𝗻𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘂𝗻𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗹𝘆 𝘀𝗮𝗱𝗹𝘆 𝗶𝘁 𝗱𝗼𝗲𝘀𝗻'𝘁 𝗲𝘅𝗶𝘀𝘁
Jul 1, 2022 5:32 PM

Apr 2013

The true national holiday is finally back. And boy, this episode was an absolute banger.
Jul 1, 2022 5:40 PM

Jul 2015
Nepotism sucks. You guys can't even imagine what kind of frustration Chizuru is feeling.
My cousin used to work for over a year basically for free, because boss was promising her time and time again, that he will employ her full time eventually. But when his son needed a job, he just fired her. She couldn't pursue legal action because she never signed any contract.

I like how Kazuya is trying to cheer her up. People are giving him too much shit because people focus on his worst moments.

Jul 1, 2022 5:43 PM

Dec 2021
its kinda pain to watch that MC so awful, wear like stalker to your crush theater thing, spit every single secret in public and tell her to rent her again with "his money". Tbh i want to see that mc actually work somewhere, earn money

But man painful to watch, good intro, but its not necessary because s1 available basically in every platform

Solid 5/10 average as always, watchable for now
Jul 1, 2022 5:49 PM

Mar 2020
The OP song and visuals are good. HoneyWorks again!! And with CHiCO as the singer!

And they played the peggies in the last part too it's a nostalgic song.

Mizuhara-chan tried her best but life just suck. But don't give up yet!
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Jul 1, 2022 5:52 PM
May 2021
that was by far the worst episode of anime i have ever watched in my entire life. and no ruka, so cant even pretend it was worth it
Jul 1, 2022 6:03 PM
Jan 2020
Season 2 is finally out I have waited 2 years now, and it is to be a theatre scene and Chizuru nearly lost all hope for her dream, but then Kazuya comes in and lends her a helping hand as such she did to him. I think this season is gonna be a good one.

The last 4 min made me blush, like WHAT, that has never happen to me before
Jul 1, 2022 6:05 PM

Oct 2019
Is this an anime original episode? I can't tell, its been a hot minute since I've read the manga, but I don't remember this happening, anyways. The animation was even better than season 1, this was very apparent in a lot of scenes. This episode was more dramatic than comedic, and honestly I would have preferred it stayed the comedic route than a dramatic one considering the ridiculous subject at play, but I can see a lot of people enjoying the drama, it just wasn't for me. But overall, I did enjoy this episode and liked it quite a bit, I did cringe at the sappy drama and I didn't love it, but it would be a lie to say I didn't enjoy it at all. I'm glad Rent A Girlfriend is back though and can't wait to see what this season has to offer!
Jul 1, 2022 6:09 PM
Dec 2021
TsutanaiFuun said:
Bruh I'm sure 100% of the people who voted hated or rated 1/10 already are the people who didn't even watch the episode, just hate this anime and are just losers who hate an anime and yet care enough to come to shit on it. If you hate this then just don't watch it, just ignore it's existence, these people are just as pathetic as Kazuya but Kazuya at least gets girls renting or not, I'm sure these haters don't even get girls because they are busy hating on animes and have nothing better to do.

And even if you hated it then why on earth are you even watching season 2? This isn't some new seasonal that you want to check out, this is a sequel. Just drop this anime and stop hating on this. Scores don't really matter to mr but it's fucking annoying when haters go outta their way to just rate 1/10. If a person liking season 1 rates this 1/10 it's understandable, maybe season 2 is shit but just delibrately shitting on this is just IDK have same shame haters and go do something else for a change.

I completely agree. Not sure why people have to go outta their way to come to this discussion post to shit on this show for reasons such as "it's going to adapt the slow boring manga" or "it's only going to get worse" and other useless unconstructive statements. It feels immature.

I have nothing against statements of actual criticism. For example, I didn't think this season's opening was that great.

If you don't have anything nice to say (different from constructive criticism), then don't say it.
Jul 1, 2022 6:09 PM

Mar 2019
Oh my goodness gracious that was so incredibly difficult to get through. I had to watch it at 2.5x speed and it still took me like an hour to watch the whole thing. I absolutely despise Kanokari and everything it stands for, and I hate myself even more for forcing myself to watch this bottom feeder anime just so I can take screenshots for my silly little instagram page

Jul 1, 2022 6:10 PM

Mar 2019
yakotrick said:
that was by far the worst episode of anime i have ever watched in my entire life. and no ruka, so cant even pretend it was worth it
unfathomably based and ruka pilled

Jul 1, 2022 6:17 PM
Dec 2021
moemallow said:
Oh my goodness gracious that was so incredibly difficult to get through. I had to watch it at 2.5x speed and it still took me like an hour to watch the whole thing. I absolutely despise Kanokari and everything it stands for, and I hate myself even more for forcing myself to watch this bottom feeder anime just so I can take screenshots for my silly little instagram page

If you really don't like it...don't watch it? And that makes no sense that it took an hour (even figuratively) at 2.5x speed. At this point, why watch it? I think it's silly, especially if it's for some "silly instagram page."
Jul 1, 2022 6:18 PM
Jul 2018
Refreshing to see that nothing's changed. MC is still pathetically down bad and is still the same incel simp as ever. The characters of this series don't need relationships. They need fucking therapy.
Jul 1, 2022 6:21 PM
Jun 2021
this episode was supposed to be the final season of last season. I had no interest in watching this season, as I heard that this season would be good, so I decided to watch it.
Jul 1, 2022 6:30 PM

Mar 2019
AYL21 said:
moemallow said:

If you really don't like it...don't watch it? And that makes no sense that it took an hour (even figuratively) at 2.5x speed. At this point, why watch it? I think it's silly, especially if it's for some "silly instagram page."
Couldn't have said it better my self. Why am I watching it? I have no idea. Probably because I watch every anime that airs every season. Still makes no sense to watch it if I hate it, but I do it regardless. Sometimes people do inexplicable things, that's just part of what makes us human, just like how Miyajima Reiji thinks Chizuru is his girlfriend even though he has a wife and children. Truly amazing indeed.

Jul 1, 2022 6:36 PM

Jun 2020
Bit of recap at the start which was not needed in my opinion but it adds to it for a bit

Mizuhara really did outdid herself she's the star of the show but sometimes the brightest star doesn't show up in everyone's eyes and that's how it is

Her frustrations were not justified she deserves recognition and that call at the end almost put a nail in her coffin but remembering Kazuya's speech and his rental queue this really did made Chizuru's feelings a bit lighter than before I would like to see where this is going.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 16, 2022

256 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Apr 1, 4:13 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2022

140 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 9, 6:59 AM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2022

154 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 9, 5:01 AM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2022

134 by venbals »»
Mar 1, 10:08 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2022

157 by Badak02 »»
Jan 12, 6:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.