Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 1, 2022 6:41 PM

Jan 2021
From what I've heard, this is one of the last good points in the manga before it really turns to shit.

You can't really go wrong with an opening from CHiCO with HoneyWorks, though [i]Centimeter[/] by the peggies is just too memorable. Still a good opening though

Jul 1, 2022 6:45 PM

Jan 2020
Damn poor Mizuhara.

I wasn't too impressed with op visuals but at least Chico did the opening. Not a bad first episode tbh

Jul 1, 2022 6:53 PM

Sep 2021
Forgot the whole point and plot of the show but here we are yet again they managed to remind me how shitty of a character Kazuya is and it doesn't seem like that will be changing anytime soon.

Jul 1, 2022 6:54 PM

Dec 2021
lol this hate shits getting
Jul 1, 2022 7:03 PM

Aug 2020
I shouldn't have read the manga. Now I'm gonna go all over it again in the anime. Feelsweirdman. Decent animation still looking pretty good. The story is meh, idk how much the author been milking this series by extending the plot but it was definitely not a good idea ok?

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jul 1, 2022 7:07 PM

Jun 2020
OrdinaryFinn said:
I remember when they announced the second season back in 2020, thank god it finally airs.
The first episode was good and at least I liked it. I think it was good idea from them, to sum up the previous season at the beginning of the first episode, because, I mean, there was almost 2 years gap between this and the first season.
Also, was the rifle necessary?

Anyone can correct me on this, but I think it comes from the manga. You know how some manga have illustrations at the beginning of every chapter? This is basically it. Same goes for the rest of the drawings of the girls.
Jul 1, 2022 7:16 PM
May 2019
Excellent intro for season 2. Can't wait to see how much Kazuya screws up during this season, lol. Also, July 18th is fast approaching and that's when I'm finally getting my Chizuru car wrap installed. Check out my Twitter for the design.

https://twitter.com/Solidgearmara/status/1543005025693319169?t=G7_S1E0OHRx2gTxowIeK-w&s=19
Jul 1, 2022 7:44 PM
Apr 2020
one of the worst shows ever created
Jul 1, 2022 7:46 PM
May 2021
For rent a girlfriend standard this episode is not that bad.
Jul 1, 2022 7:49 PM
Aug 2021
this show is awesome
Jul 1, 2022 8:09 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
The romcom dumpster fire that is Rent A Girlfriend is back for another season and the first episode wasn't as cringy as I thought it would be. The into of the girls were lovely except for Mami because she's toxic. Kazuma is still his usual self and has decided to attend the play that Chizuru starring in. Chizuru gave an amazing performance and the crowd was loving it. Kazuma couldn't help but be amazed by her performance. Unfortunately, things didn't go well for Chizuru despite her amazing performance because the director who was interested in the leading lady from the start due to the nepotism of the entertainment industry. Poor Chizuru was so upset that all her hard work going into preparing for that role has gone to wast as her dreams of being a famous actress has come to a screeching halt.

Kazuma on the other hand was still feeling the afterglow of Chizuru's performance until she ran into her. Of course Kazuma told her how amazing her performance is, but she told him that she was unable to get the attention of the director who was in attendance. Chizuru tried to cover it up by saying she had no talent, but Kazuma noticed that she was trying to bottle up her frustrations and told her that she should not give up on her dream. Kazuma went on to say that he will continue to rent her over and over again to support her dream. The two of them manged to cause a scene in public causing Chizuru to run away in embarrassment while the Season 1's OP was playing which was a nice touch.
Jul 1, 2022 8:31 PM
Original Denjin
Nov 2008
AYL21 said:
TsutanaiFuun said:
Bruh I'm sure 100% of the people who voted hated or rated 1/10 already are the people who didn't even watch the episode, just hate this anime and are just losers who hate an anime and yet care enough to come to shit on it. If you hate this then just don't watch it, just ignore it's existence, these people are just as pathetic as Kazuya but Kazuya at least gets girls renting or not, I'm sure these haters don't even get girls because they are busy hating on animes and have nothing better to do.

And even if you hated it then why on earth are you even watching season 2? This isn't some new seasonal that you want to check out, this is a sequel. Just drop this anime and stop hating on this. Scores don't really matter to mr but it's fucking annoying when haters go outta their way to just rate 1/10. If a person liking season 1 rates this 1/10 it's understandable, maybe season 2 is shit but just delibrately shitting on this is just IDK have same shame haters and go do something else for a change.

I completely agree. Not sure why people have to go outta their way to come to this discussion post to shit on this show for reasons such as "it's going to adapt the slow boring manga" or "it's only going to get worse" and other useless unconstructive statements. It feels immature.

I have nothing against statements of actual criticism. For example, I didn't think this season's opening was that great.

If you don't have anything nice to say (different from constructive criticism), then don't say it.

Yeah, very well put, after having read some of the posts on here.

I was very well impressed with this episode. I loved that historical comedy play (seemed very authentically Japanese, which I also really liked), and I actually thought that Kazuya’s reactions were very reasonable, considering the massive crush that he has for Chizuru. And wasn’t that great when she was feeling down, he just HAPPENED to request a couple dates from her, which definitely picked her spirits up. Also, she reacted the same way to that, the same way she reacted to his correcting his initial rating of her in S1 episode one. I thought that was clever.
Jul 1, 2022 8:38 PM
May 2021
I loved the anime but the main character (kazuya) really gives me a butt afterwards....idk what the hell people are talking about this creation is so inconvenient to the anime but it's hard to believe that many people's reaction of the anime...I hope this will come foward in the next episode better than the previous
Jul 1, 2022 8:38 PM

Nov 2020
This dude screaming at loud to Chizuru in public place is annoying af.
What Does Pot of Greed do?
Jul 1, 2022 8:45 PM
Dec 2021
Cosplay_Joe said:
AYL21 said:

I completely agree. Not sure why people have to go outta their way to come to this discussion post to shit on this show for reasons such as "it's going to adapt the slow boring manga" or "it's only going to get worse" and other useless unconstructive statements. It feels immature.

I have nothing against statements of actual criticism. For example, I didn't think this season's opening was that great.

If you don't have anything nice to say (different from constructive criticism), then don't say it.

I was very well impressed with this episode. I loved that historical comedy play (seemed very authentically Japanese, which I also really liked), and I actually thought that Kazuya’s reactions were very reasonable, considering the massive crush that he has for Chizuru. And wasn’t that great when she was feeling down, he just HAPPENED to request a couple dates from her, which definitely picked her spirits up. Also, she reacted the same way to that, the same way she reacted to his correcting his initial rating of her in S1 episode one. I thought that was clever.

I agree! I think that reaction was a small little detail but clever implementation! I really did think that this opening episode was fun to watch, especially for me (and it seems you) who actually enjoy watching this show.

I completely get it if people don't like the manga (haven't read it but I know it's boring) and I get that people don't like the MC.

But why should that be a reason to ruin a show for those who ACTUALLY DO ENJOY IT. I think that the anime community as a whole is a very toxic place. Just look at FMA and Love is War and AoT. People will bash on it just to bring down others. Just let people enjoy what they want to wash. Geez.
Jul 1, 2022 8:57 PM

Sep 2018
Back to the cringe, holy shit lol. That street scene though... Could barely watch that shouting XD
Jul 1, 2022 9:00 PM

Jul 2021
ah yes its rentin' time with kazuya
Life sucks
Jul 1, 2022 9:27 PM
Jan 2021
I’m so excited!!! I kept waiting for the best romcom anime with adult humor to return and it came back with a bang!!! Waku-Waku!!!
Jul 1, 2022 9:30 PM
Original Denjin
Nov 2008
AYL21 said:
Cosplay_Joe said:

I agree! I think that reaction was a small little detail but clever implementation! I really did think that this opening episode was fun to watch, especially for me (and it seems you) who actually enjoy watching this show.

I completely get it if people don't like the manga (haven't read it but I know it's boring) and I get that people don't like the MC.

But why should that be a reason to ruin a show for those who ACTUALLY DO ENJOY IT. I think that the anime community as a whole is a very toxic place. Just look at FMA and Love is War and AoT. People will bash on it just to bring down others. Just let people enjoy what they want to wash. Geez.

Yeah, I see what you mean by the anime community being a very toxic place, at least in some areas anyway. I mean, I used to be on Reddit last year, and while the Rent-a-Girlfriend sub Reddit was all right, there were several other subReddit‘s which were very, very toxic. I talked about it on some other threads on here, and even made a blog post about it on my profile page.

It’s a big reason why I’m really sticking to this place, and haven’t been back on Reddit since late last summer really. I know that Reddit’s not the only place where toxicity is going on, Facebook is also jockful of it, but that’s where I experienced it by far the most.

But actually, this series is rare in generating a lot of toxicity on here, at least for the series threads that I’ve seen anyways. So I was a bit surprised to see a whole bunch of that on here on MAL. At least to that level anyways.
Cosplay_JoeJul 1, 2022 9:37 PM
Jul 1, 2022 11:15 PM
Apr 2022
It appears I wasn't ready for this shit.
Jul 1, 2022 11:28 PM

Jun 2021
Man, I’m glad this is back. But they really had to kick the episode off with the Mami recap huh?

Anyways, Chizuru really was great in the play. Totally knocked it out the park. But I guess it’s not what you know, it’s who. I couldn’t help but feel frustrated too. Chizuru put so much work into her part, she acted the shit out of it and still in the end it was meaningless. No wonder she’s feeling dejected.

Gotta hand it to Kazuya this time though. Most of the time he can be this cringey pathetic loser but he’s also earnest, caring, and a good guy deep down. That’s one of the things I like about the character. He’s not perfect and he knows how much of a mess he is, but he still tries his best to become better. I think he really kind of shone this episode. He really told Chizuru what she needed to hear in a moment when she was feeling pretty low and it felt genuine.

Looking forward to next week. I like that the show takes its time with the characters and their feelings for one another. It’s a slow burn, but I’m ok with that.
Jul 1, 2022 11:31 PM
Jun 2021
Well watching Mizuhara not being selected & crying surely pains my heart

Even though she will keep crying once she reads the chapter 218 of the manga

Jokes aside, the premiere was actually really good and the new op is good but not better than Centimetre at all

4.5/5 Episode
Jul 1, 2022 11:41 PM
Dec 2021
Cosplay_Joe said:
AYL21 said:

Yeah, I see what you mean by the anime community being a very toxic place, at least in some areas anyway. I mean, I used to be on Reddit last year, and while the Rent-a-Girlfriend sub Reddit was all right, there were several other subReddit‘s which were very, very toxic. I talked about it on some other threads on here, and even made a blog post about it on my profile page.

It’s a big reason why I’m really sticking to this place, and haven’t been back on Reddit since late last summer really. I know that Reddit’s not the only place where toxicity is going on, Facebook is also jockful of it, but that’s where I experienced it by far the most.

But actually, this series is rare in generating a lot of toxicity on here, at least for the series threads that I’ve seen anyways. So I was a bit surprised to see a whole bunch of that on here on MAL. At least to that level anyways.

I just really hope that the producers of the show and the studio aren't influenced by the toxicity of people's opinions on the show. I think that a continuation of the show should ultimately come down to how many people watch the show.
Jul 1, 2022 11:56 PM

Sep 2020
Ahh shit... here we go again
Another season of mid but atleast we got centimetres at last
Jul 2, 2022 12:57 AM

Jul 2021
This was good.

The starting bit with characters introducing and suff was unnecessary but was nice for people to revise what had happened in Season 1. Those character drawings during recap were cute.

The animation was really good, they took their time with Season 2 and the results are already showing.

Gotta say though the OP doesn't have the same feel as Season 1 OP, compared to it this OP is pretty mid and they got a bit lazy or IDK ran out of ideas with OP visuals I think.

I'm guessing there's gonna be fish-kun lines this season. There were none I think in Season 1 and manga is full of them, this should be fun.

The starting bit with Kazuya leading up to the play was a tad bit boring and felt forced and unnatrual but once the play started everything went back to being natural again. Gotta say Chizuru's acting was really good, even I lauged a few times during the play. It's just 1st episode and we got to see Sumi-chan again, as cute and precious as ever.

Man it fucking sucks that Chizuru didn't get selected by the director when she fully deserved it, this truly is an acursed world where nothing ever goes as planned, only pain and suffering remains.

Yeah I know Kazuya loves Chizuru and stuff but his simp meter was off the charts in this episode, man literally rent her every week. I just hope he uses his own earned money to rent her instead of his parents'. Anyway that was pretty sweet of him and at least got Chizuru out of the dumps to some extent. I was surprised Chizurur didn't reply Kazuya with "how can you say such embarassing lines" and kicked him lmao after Kazuya speech xD. Ah well she did stomp on his leg but that's different. Something very good happened with Kazuya renting Chizuru for weeks to come.

5/5. Seems this will be single cour again, I was hoping for a double cour after waiting so long but :/

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jul 2, 2022 1:32 AM

May 2020
the animation looks pretty good
hearing centimetre again felt nice
the mc is still annoying

Jul 2, 2022 2:03 AM
Oct 2021
Mmm it was pretty good, i loved it alot. The manga chapter itself was really good but the episode hit so much harder. The preview at the end with Chizuru and Kazuya was hilarious
Jul 2, 2022 2:06 AM
Mar 2022
This is my first ever message on an anime. I started watching the new season of the show and for some reason I love the manga and the season just felt kinda off. Idk if its beacuse the voices I make in my head or the way I translate the books. Am I the only one feeling like the show somehow makes the scenarios way less comedic and unrealistic ( with the books it feels like some stuff could happen ). Idk maybe I just think the Main char is way more Alpha than the beta shit in the show.

Am I the only one ?

Manga 8.5 / 10 while anime 6.5-7 / 10 (i rate expon so harder and harder to get higher numbers)
Jul 2, 2022 2:27 AM

Jul 2019
It's not like this show got high praises from me in S1 but it is simple and easy going weekly brain gum. And also Sumi supremacy. Yeah.
Jul 2, 2022 3:44 AM

Apr 2020
Rent-a-Girlfriend is BACK!!! The amount of memories I had when I watched the first season is irreplaceable, this show was one of the first shows I watched as a seasonal/weekly anime back in the good old days of the lockdown, and I can never replace the amount of bullshittery but entertaining stuff that I got and enjoyed with this story and these characters.

Ever since then, we have moved on with our lives, 2 years have passed and the world is a different place, yet watching this episode - somehow I still can't help but laugh on what Kazuya is doing, some things still stays the same. Now watching this episode, I felt that this should be the proper final episode of Season 1 considering how it actually feels like a closer, and the credits rolling in at the back end. But it also works well as a first episode, with a nice introduction from our 4 girls at the start, and a very good and catchy CHiCO with Honeyworks OP.

This was a very nice episode, yeah Kazuya is still Kazuya, still simping over things (I can still relate), and woah Sumi is actually here to watch as well. But yes I agree the MVP of this episode (and pretty much the whole show) is Chizuhara with a very great performance as a ninja, the way she acts reminds me so much of Aqua (without the whole crying thing), and all was going well until it wasn't. In a way, the events that transpired is a trial for both of them, our boy thinking if he is ready to let go from our girl, and our girl working really hard to make that next step of being an actress. But with Chizuhara being denied that shot, our boy (as criminal as it is) can't help but stick with her to support her further.

And yes I still think this should've been the finale back in 2020, but hey this was a good showing nonetheless. Glad to have this series back in my weekly anime diet, cause with how Season 1 transpired, you can never be short of comedy, bruh Kazuya slander, ridiculous moments, and waifu power!!!
Jul 2, 2022 4:34 AM

Dec 2008
Jeez, I may have to rewatch S1 as I have forgotten it. The one consolation is I saw Sumi. I need more Sumi.. pass me the Sumi.
May the Uguu be with you.

Jul 2, 2022 5:25 AM

Dec 2019
nixops said:
Jeez, I may have to rewatch S1 as I have forgotten it. The one consolation is I saw Sumi. I need more Sumi.. pass me the Sumi.
Sumi best girl I love her she needs more screen time
Jul 2, 2022 5:44 AM

Oct 2015
Chizuru is a stunning actress, no wonder Kazuya was enveloped with awe. Pity she never got that role, it's not her fault but that shit-bag old Coot's fault.

So they still keeping up with the secret. I love it.

Kazuya's speech moved me, pity Chizuru never thanked him.

Why low score? It won't make me hate this series though, best series in like a long time. Would watch the first season a billion times rather any harem
lihle808Jul 2, 2022 5:49 AM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 2, 2022 6:33 AM
Oct 2019
i appreciate the 3 minutes recap, it really helps.

everything was so good about Chizuru except Kazuya.
but he kinda redeem it a little bit with his words in the end.

yeahh Kazuya sucks
Jul 2, 2022 7:24 AM

May 2021
Its rentin' time as my favourite garbage makes its grand return. Great premier that serves to strengthen Chizuru as my favourite character in this show.

I hope Rental Komi-San also gets more time to shine.

Jul 2, 2022 7:57 AM
May 2020
I'm... Not sure what to expect. I mean, the first 3 minutes of the episode was just boring. They tried to recap the characters and what they did last season, but it felt so lazy, I almost dropped. The theater scene where Chizuru is playing Nene is cute and sweet, I'll give them that. The protagonist is still the big virgin from season 1, acting like a stupid and making a scene in public for no damn reason. I appreciate that they played 'Centimeter' in the end of the episode, because honestly, the new OP is pretty blant (even the little dances that the characters do). Overall, it was a 6/10 to me

Unpopular opinion here, but I actually enjoyed season 1. It was entertaining at the very least, so I was looking forward to watch season 2 in hope that the story would finally go somewhere. Really hope it does
MolangaoJul 2, 2022 8:03 AM
Jul 2, 2022 8:06 AM

Sep 2020
The visuals are a lot better than s1, and the last part is kind of sweet.
Jul 2, 2022 8:10 AM
Oct 2020
What a terrible first episode.
Jul 2, 2022 8:22 AM
Oct 2021
How far will going season 2? I think it will not reach Hawaii arc
Jul 2, 2022 8:25 AM
Jul 2022
Really fun way to start the season
recap of season 1 really saved my time
Good episode
Rating--9
Jul 2, 2022 8:29 AM
Mar 2022
I still don’t see season 2 available on Crunchyroll…and it’s Saturday morning at this point…
Jul 2, 2022 11:04 AM
Apr 2022
Simplesmente maravilhoso demais pra mim. Me deixou na mesma emoção que estive assistindo a 1 Season. I love It 💟
Jul 2, 2022 11:17 AM

May 2018
Well, well, it looks like this is getting better.
Jul 2, 2022 12:00 PM

Sep 2015
Actually not a bad first ep, though i still have low expectations. Kazuyas little speech near the end got a bit irritating.
Jul 2, 2022 12:44 PM

Dec 2020
eh. i dont remember kazuya sounding like that , what a jumpscare. first ep was alright, nothing really happened. eh
Jul 2, 2022 12:52 PM
Sep 2020
5/5, absolutely loved it , really excited to see where this story goes now

Mizuhara as cute as ever, to be fair it was a good start and more matured than goofy, the multiple personality of mizuhara is shown well here
Mack_YeagerJul 2, 2022 12:56 PM
Jul 2, 2022 1:41 PM
Dec 2020
Is anyone else unable to see Season 2 on Crunchyroll (North America). Every website I’ve seen says it was going to be on Crunchyroll and even listed date and time. I still haven’t seen it on Crunchyroll yet though. Is this just me or anyone else?
Jul 2, 2022 1:49 PM

Feb 2012
Nepotism in showbiz.

Kazuya basically blurted out please dig more of my gold out on the street.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 2, 2022 1:49 PM

Oct 2021
loved it, looking forward to see more romantic moments between ichinose and the guy.
yes.
Jul 2, 2022 4:08 PM

May 2009
The way this show portrays Simpy McCuck as virtuous character is disgusting.
bastek66Jul 5, 2022 7:05 PM
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 16, 2022

256 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Apr 1, 4:13 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2022

140 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 9, 6:59 AM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2022

154 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 9, 5:01 AM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2022

134 by venbals »»
Mar 1, 10:08 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2022

157 by Badak02 »»
Jan 12, 6:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.