Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 30, 2022 12:54 PM
Mar 2021
mwinner said:
I agree with CSM for a different reason, it seems to be pretty divisive amongst the community.

I'd say like 95% of people who've read it, love it. I do think people will hate it just for the sake of hating the popular show when it comes out.
Jun 30, 2022 1:20 PM

Aug 2020
I feel like the upcoming aot season will cause a lot of controversy due to the ending. If the manga readers were this mad at the ending, imagine the anime fans who have been following it for years. But who knows, they might be doing an anime original one, but whatever the case its gonna interesting look at the fan's reaction.
Jun 30, 2022 1:22 PM

Aug 2020
I also wanted to say Vinland saga because I heard it won't have much fighting anymore which might turn off a lot of fans because some people watch just for epic scenes.

The story will now focus more on the development of thorfinn so only true fans will stay probably.
Jun 30, 2022 2:12 PM
Jul 2018
kriissyy12 said:
mwinner said:
I agree with CSM for a different reason, it seems to be pretty divisive amongst the community.

I'd say like 95% of people who've read it, love it. I do think people will hate it just for the sake of hating the popular show when it comes out.

That's probably true. I think the haters are the loudest, to be honest.
Jun 30, 2022 4:36 PM
Feb 2020
CSM? NAH,it will be the generic ecchi fanservice that(might actually good) that will be always the controversial one,simply because nowadays theres so many weeb that also an sjw woketard from twitter."this pedo,that misogyny..." blablabla bullshit.
Jun 30, 2022 7:09 PM

Aug 2017
Everything can be considered controversial nowadays. Can't wait for the same repetitive "arguments" again.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 30, 2022 11:43 PM
Mar 2021
zerokarasu said:
CSM? NAH,it will be the generic ecchi fanservice that(might actually good) that will be always the controversial one,simply because nowadays theres so many weeb that also an sjw woketard from twitter."this pedo,that misogyny..." blablabla bullshit.

CSM doesn't have much fanservice you dunce. Has sexual references but not much actual fanservice.
Jun 30, 2022 11:48 PM

Mar 2022
csm as u already said as well as jigokuraku for all those gender bend rape scenes.
Jul 1, 2022 12:04 AM

Oct 2010
imagine shit like chainsaw man is controversial, it's just a show made for losers like me who like a certain type of main character, unfortunately many people will watch it cause it screams popular but 90% of the watchers don't even like battle shonen and that type of story.
chainsaw man is not controversial, it's just disgusting, few people enjoy kissing a girl while she's barfing
Jul 1, 2022 12:12 AM
Jul 2021
Catalano said:
imagine shit like chainsaw man is controversial, it's just a show made for losers like me who like a certain type of main character, unfortunately many people will watch it cause it screams popular but 90% of the watchers don't even like battle shonen and that type of story.
chainsaw man is not controversial, it's just disgusting, few people enjoy kissing a girl while she's barfing

I believe the warm, tender feeling of someone barfing in your mouth, sparked some hidden emotions of shonen fans. It isn't disgusting my friend, it is revolutionary.
Jul 1, 2022 1:00 AM

Jan 2020
RobertBobert said:
FanofAction said:

Especially some of the newer controversies. I've seen the complaints about stuff like Spy X Family and Uzaki-chan. They're so damn stupid. I swear constant internet access has made people dumber, which I'm pretty sure is the exact opposite of what was intended.

The internet hasn't made people dumber, it's just allowed us to learn more about each other. For example, in the 00s, you would hardly be able to meet a Muslim girl who thinks Spy x Family is racist, because the show in the European setting does not include Muslims and people of color.

samashi20 said:
Possibly Makoto Shinkai's new movie? I don't know about problematic scenes, but I am sure it will be under a lot of scrutiny and that'll spark some controversy.

Problem scenes in the new Shinkai's movie?

I'm saying that unlike CSM, Shinkai's movie wouldn't necessarily contain "controversial/problematic" scenes, but the controversy would rather arise from the repetitive themes and split opinions around the show. This is obviously just a prediction if you will.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Jul 3, 2022 2:51 AM

Jul 2020
DrBalls said:
mwinner said:

I don't think there has ever been a dark fantasy series, especially one that doesn't care to hold back on the gore and explicit content such as CSM, which hasn't been divisive in the anime community.

So you already forgot about Berserk or Aot?

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jul 3, 2022 2:54 AM
Jul 2021
Scordolo said:
DrBalls said:

I don't think there has ever been a dark fantasy series, especially one that doesn't care to hold back on the gore and explicit content such as CSM, which hasn't been divisive in the anime community.

While Berserk is loved by the majority of readers, there are also those who say it's too gory or too explicit. While AoT's ending caused the biggest controversy ever. So how are these not divisive?
Jul 3, 2022 3:47 AM
May 2021
Scordolo said:
DrBalls said:

AoT is probably the most divisive manga series in recent years... It's gore is also pretty tame.
Jul 3, 2022 5:38 AM
May 2019
The new Trigun looks terrible, does that count?
Jul 4, 2022 6:06 AM
Feb 2020
kriissyy12 said:
zerokarasu said:

CSM doesn't have much fanservice you dunce. Has sexual references but not much actual fanservice.

whos talking about CSM? im talking about generic ecchi fanservice series that will instant controversy just because some sjw woketard cant handle tits
Jul 4, 2022 6:35 AM
Sep 2021
RobertBobert said:
DrBalls said:

Learning communist ideals in school...that's more than enough.

Seriously? Is this your whole propaganda argument? Are you saying that Western countries do not preach ideas in schools?

Chinese people are taught communism is great from the moment they're old enough to read. You see a million chinese shows and movies that glorify the commies. The Chinese have songs that go Mother and father are great, but Mao is greater. Germany is trying it's hardest to wash away it's sins from the Hitler era. China? They're proud of Mao's atrocities and are teaching their kids the same in every stage of their life. You go over to bilibili.com and you'd see Chinese nationalists giving negative reviews to shows like Shimoneta (which aren't even available in the mainland) as they'rre used to insult their country or whatever. Ai Kayano was forced to apologise because the Chinese fans made a big deal about her visiting a shrine that harbours the graves of dead Japanese soldiers from the second world war. The Chinese actively takes part in fucking up entertainment as well. They recently removed Kyoukai Senki because of it's Japanese nationalism and themes of rebellion.
Jul 4, 2022 6:39 AM

Apr 2012
Alphonae said:
RobertBobert said:

Seriously? Is this your whole propaganda argument? Are you saying that Western countries do not preach ideas in schools?

Chinese people are taught communism is great from the moment they're old enough to read. You see a million chinese shows and movies that glorify the commies. The Chinese have songs that go Mother and father are great, but Mao is greater. Germany is trying it's hardest to wash away it's sins from the Hitler era. China? They're proud of Mao's atrocities and are teaching their kids the same in every stage of their life. You go over to bilibili.com and you'd see Chinese nationalists giving negative reviews to shows like Shimoneta (which aren't even available in the mainland) as they'rre used to insult their country or whatever. Ai Kayano was forced to apologise because the Chinese fans made a big deal about her visiting a shrine that harbours the graves of dead Japanese soldiers from the second world war. The Chinese actively takes part in fucking up entertainment as well. They recently removed Kyoukai Senki because of it's Japanese nationalism and themes of rebellion.

Now open Disney + (a brand that literally prided itself on promoting a "not so secretive gay agenda") or read what the Western media write about the war in Ukraine and tell me how it is fundamentally different from what you have just described.
Jul 4, 2022 6:44 AM
Sep 2021
RobertBobert said:
Alphonae said:

Now open Disney + (a brand that literally prided itself on promoting a "not so secretive gay agenda") or read what the Western media write about the war in Ukraine and tell me how it is fundamentally different from what you have just described.

Doesn't matter. We are talking about Chinese fans.
Jul 4, 2022 6:45 AM

Apr 2012
Alphonae said:
RobertBobert said:

Ahaha, I literally predicted that you would either evade the answer or try to use the "it's different, you won't understand" trick. Classic.
Jul 4, 2022 6:51 AM
Sep 2021
RobertBobert said:
Alphonae said:

Ahaha, I literally predicted that you would either evade the answer or try to use the "it's different, you won't understand" trick. Classic.

No no no. You do unerstand. You just don't have he balls to admit China is screwing up entertainment. You getting a job over there soon or smn?
Jul 4, 2022 6:54 AM

Oct 2011
Anything popular always has controversy or rather divisiveness as a default though. For everything really popular there will always follow a string of very vocal haters who want to see it fail or do poorly instead because it's not their favourite anime instead.

I'm more curious to see what anime will get true controversy for things in it people tend to not like.
Jul 4, 2022 6:55 AM

Apr 2012
Alphonae said:
RobertBobert said:

No no no. You do unerstand. You just don't have he balls to admit China is screwing up entertainment. You getting a job over there soon or smn?

Dude, I have absolutely no desire to have a political argument with a random blank page bot, sorry.
Jul 4, 2022 7:43 AM
Sep 2021
chronofantasy said:
Anything popular always has controversy or rather divisiveness as a default though. For everything really popular there will always follow a string of very vocal haters who want to see it fail or do poorly instead because it's not their favourite anime instead.

I'm more curious to see what anime will get true controversy for things in it people tend to not like.

Redo of Healer. The upcoming Isekai Meikyuu de Harem Wo.
Jul 4, 2022 4:58 PM

Oct 2011
Alphonae said:
chronofantasy said:

Redo of Healer I watched all of it and I'll admit I liked it. If it has controversy like that, I'll be sure to watch it. I just added the other one on my plan to watch list too if it'll have similar controversy too.
Jul 4, 2022 10:50 PM
Sep 2021
chronofantasy said:
Alphonae said:

Redo of Healer I watched all of it and I'll admit I liked it. If it has controversy like that, I'll be sure to watch it. I just added the other one on my plan to watch list too if it'll have similar controversy too.

It's Japanese title translates to "Slave Harem in Another World". Doesn't feature rape like Redo, as far as I know, but even then, fucking your demi human/beast girl slaves might come off as controversal. Just hope Crucnhyroll don't pull an Interspecies reviewer with this done.
Jul 5, 2022 8:17 AM

Aug 2010
I can't even figure out why people swoon over the manga and I read it before anyone could overhype it for me.
The story is borderline incoherent especially near the end and a lot of the art work is too.
The anime adaptation can fix any art issues easily and may even end before the plot completely loses its mind - so who knows how that will turn out.

People who are already all-in will love it. People who get angry that people dont like what they like will hate it. The majority of us will move on from it once the season ends.
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Jul 5, 2022 8:24 AM

Aug 2019
Isekai meikyuu de harem o
For obvious reasons

Jul 5, 2022 8:32 AM
Jul 2021
ComboSmooth said:
I can't even figure out why people swoon over the manga and I read it before anyone could overhype it for me.
The story is borderline incoherent especially near the end and a lot of the art work is too.
The anime adaptation can fix any art issues easily and may even end before the plot completely loses its mind - so who knows how that will turn out.

People who are already all-in will love it. People who get angry that people dont like what they like will hate it. The majority of us will move on from it once the season ends.

CSM fans are pretty indifferent towards hate or dislike in general. They'll only care if you start spouting nonsense about certain tropes and characters. When it comes to people moving on after it ends, well duh, that's how it goes with most series, AoT final season hype died out almost completely after part 2 ended, only the fanbase really talks about it now, and that's arguably the most prominent anime of this generation, so...
Jul 5, 2022 8:35 AM

Aug 2010
DrBalls said:
ComboSmooth said:

CSM fans are pretty indifferent towards hate or dislike in general. They'll only care if you start spouting nonsense about certain tropes and characters. When it comes to people moving on after it ends, well duh, that's how it goes with most series, AoT final season hype died out almost completely after part 2 ended, only the fanbase really talks about it now, and that's arguably the most prominent anime of this generation, so...

I thought I was being pretty tame tbh. I barely believe there is a reason for CSM to be controversial, but popular anime always have detractors and even if those detractors are the minority, they seem to be the loudest people in the room.
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Jul 5, 2022 8:38 AM
Jul 2021
ComboSmooth said:
DrBalls said:

I thought I was being pretty tame tbh. I barely believe there is a reason for CSM to be controversial, but popular anime always have detractors and even if those detractors are the minority, they seem to be the loudest people in the room.

Well if you're used to dark, unconventional stories, then yeah it does seem tame. But then again, the internet doesn't understand that. You think 14 year old white girls on twitter have anything better to do with their time? They'll probably start going crazy over how sexualized Power is, or how Makima has unrealistic body features. With that said, the puke scene is probably too explicit for the majority of the community, so it would make sense for it to become quite controversial.
Jul 5, 2022 4:55 PM

Jan 2017
animegamer245 said:
chronofantasy said:

There was no controversy surrounding Redo Healer, Shield Hero got a lot of attention in the west because the anime came out in early 2019 during the height of an online witchhunt movement, but everybody already knew that Redo Healer trashy revenge fantasy from the beginning, so it didn't get nearly as much attention. Also Redo Healer isn't meant to be taken seriously, even it's fans and author know that.

No, Shield Hero became controversial because it was popular yet also trashy in terms of quality. A lot of people dislike it and criticize it online, and they upset the fanboys by doing that. The Shield Hero fanboys then start calling everyone who criticize the show "offended snowflakes" and that how it got a bad name.

There were no "witchhunt movement" online back in 2019. The only people who were doing witchhunting were the fanboys, and they only made themselves and the show look bad by doing that.
Jul 5, 2022 5:25 PM

Nov 2015
I imagine the new Panty & Stocking series will be.
and i guess

that i just don't know
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» what is the best slice of life anime and why ?

ame - 3 hours ago

9 by MeguSae38 »»
4 minutes ago

» Favorite anime vs best anime

Kenzolo-folk - 7 hours ago

26 by Eleben »»
6 minutes ago

» Who are your allies in the anime industry/community?

Catalano - 20 minutes ago

4 by Ratris_Decision »»
6 minutes ago

» Why do people like consuming media watching specifically opposite sex get together? ( 1 2 )

Oshieteoshiete4 - Apr 29

88 by tectacles »»
7 minutes ago

» When was the last time you felt happy/satisfied after watching an anime episode? :)

Rinrinka - Mar 27

37 by Za_Panda »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.