Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Vampire Princess Miyu Episode 26 Discussion

Apr 22, 2010 7:34 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
pretty ok ending to a pretty good show :)! <33 Miyu ..to bad it won't have a 2nd season D=

I give this show an 8/10

Apr 28, 2010 5:25 AM

I'm glad it doesn't have a second season, I think it's great how it is & another season would ruin it.

I give it an 8 as well, very good show!

Jun 22, 2010 2:46 PM

whaa!!! the ending was so confusing and i didnt get it D'= well umm. . .oh ya... poor Lava got his hand chopped off =( and WOW Miyu actually got defeated but then came back... y would her own mother not like her??? and its so mean 2 ask about the kimono thing... although it was a nice anime and i finished it!!! YAY lol

Jan 13, 2013 6:31 AM

oh god oh god this is a masterpiece!!! so underrated!!
私の力はあなたの理解を超えています

Mar 7, 2014 5:51 PM

Was kinda boring tbh. I only liked some of the characters til the very end. Oh well, at least OST is decent.

Jun 19, 2014 5:49 PM

Pretty interesting ending and well quite lovely anime in general, I'm not a too huge fan of the case by episode concept but well it was still pretty nice especially on how they finished it off! 7/10

Dec 27, 2014 8:25 PM

Very good show, the rating here is too low.

Jan 27, 2015 11:19 AM

The TV series was a mishmash of good and average. Given it's mainly episodic nature/monster of the week structure I found the series to be enjoyable but there were some duff episodes. I liked how the final 5 or so episodes were much more of a story and overall the series built up to a pretty good ending with a nice twist, though not executed particularly well as it had many continuity issues with the episodes prior imo.

Animation was good by AIC, they really were a great studio back in the 80's and 90's. The soundtrack by Kenji Kawai is really good which is to be expected since he did GiTS, I think he brought that style to this very different show and provided something great.

I feel like this was a good light hearted horror show. Each story with a dark ending rather than the happy one. I preferred the OVA personally though the conflict brought up in Miyu's origin story for the TV series is superior.

I gave it a 7/10.
Modified by BlaizeV, Jan 27, 2015 11:22 AM

Apr 28, 2015 5:53 AM

After a rough start i started to really enjoy the show as "guilty pleasure" type of deal but when the show started to focus on the plot my enjoyment of it went down.

The show was much more fun when it was just focusing on the "monster of the week".

May 4, 2015 2:13 PM

Mizore951 said:
y would her own mother not like her??? and its so mean 2 ask about the kimono thing...

Her mother was making her daughter understand that Miyu had a vital choice to make: Do you want to live or do you want to die?

Jan 14, 2017 3:59 PM

I'm so confused. Was Miyu dead at the end and in an eternal dream? Or was that Chisatos dream? Did Chisato die? If Miyu lived, how did she live when Chisato stabbed her to death? Did Miyu put Chisato in an eternal dream by putting her in that ball thing?🤔
Exclusively female yuri community with polls, games, member cards, and more. Join today.Recruiting Staff too!

Feb 20, 2017 11:09 PM

caninesrock said:
I'm so confused. Was Miyu dead at the end and in an eternal dream? Or was that Chisatos dream? Did Chisato die? If Miyu lived, how did she live when Chisato stabbed her to death? Did Miyu put Chisato in an eternal dream by putting her in that ball thing?🤔

I think the balls are the souls of people who she has given a nice dream after sucking their blood.
My take on it is that there is some mystic force keeping Miyu immortal; when she grabs Chisato's leg she says "I can't die." I think this a literal application of the idiom that Miyu can't die, even if you kill her ;)

However, Chisato would seem to be definitively dead, unlike the people we have seen Miyu suck blood from. So the nice dream that were are lead to believe Chisato is having might perhaps be something Miyu only imagined to make herself feel better.

May 13, 2018 9:22 AM
I love it its awesome I wish they would have made at least 10 seasons or 8

May 13, 2018 9:23 AM
Please tell me good romance anime I should watch

May 13, 2018 9:26 AM
I also love spice and wolf wish they would have made 10 seasons or 7

Mar 25, 2:05 PM

Well that was nice and unexpected ending. I didn't like the idea of killing miyu's friends in the end, because they were really sweet characters.
Aside from that it was a good show. The charcter design of miyu was quite elegant. Also I loved how most of the episodes ended on a very dark and depressing note; not a single happy ending. Almost every character that involved itself with a shinma was destined to be doomed.

Jun 8, 9:10 PM

That was an interesting.

Aug 16, 6:40 PM

That was great. I loved the episodic format because most of the villains were really interesting. To me, this is a perfect example of a horror/vampire anime done right.
I really didn't expect the friendship token to be that important.
That was a pretty sad ending. Really depressing. I think it would have been really cool if Miyu decided to have Larva kill her after all this, but I see why she lived.
8/10. This deserves to be more well-known.