Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 8, 2022 8:51 AM
Mar 2020
As ... below average the direction of this season was in places, I feel this really needs another installment at least to not leave off in the middle of... everything.
Anybody in the know about the shows financial success and the studio's history?

Jun 8, 2022 9:00 AM
Aug 2021
It all depends on how popular it is in Japan
Jun 8, 2022 9:07 AM

Mar 2021
Well, it's already renewed to 3rd season. So another installment wouldn't be a low possibility, imo.
Jun 8, 2022 9:08 AM

Mar 2021
Hopefully some news next week.
Jun 8, 2022 10:18 AM

Dec 2021
I think it is unlikely for this series to get a Season 4. I would like it to get a new season or two though.

Based on the source material, Season 3 will be a good endpoint because it is a huge reset point in the novel.
If they adopt past Part 2 there isn’t anywhere the anime series can comfortably end without hanging the plot on a clifthanger.
TheRockzSGJun 8, 2022 10:22 AM
Jun 8, 2022 12:17 PM
Aug 2019
Hopefully, I love it. Really want to know what happens and not sure I want to find out by reading the novels
Jun 8, 2022 1:03 PM
May 2022
Support the anime on crunchyroll
Jun 9, 2022 3:07 AM
Jul 2014
It had better. (starts lighting torches and passing out pitchforks)
Jun 9, 2022 6:19 AM
Nov 2019
this season's adaptation hasn't been as good as previous ones and the lack of budget is deffinately beginning to show.

The end of volume 2 part 4 is a clean break point so it would make sense to stop here...

However the next arc could be squeezed into one season which would leave the adaptation at another natural break point although it would be a cliffhanger.

from then on it would become messier as to where to stop a season.
Jun 13, 2022 1:10 PM
Mar 2020
really want to find out about the academy, and magic items......
Jun 13, 2022 3:13 PM
Jul 2019
it says at the very end of the last episode of season 3 "to be continued", so we can only assume that we are going to get more seasons in the future.
Jun 13, 2022 3:35 PM
Jul 2015
This one is kind of a weird series. Most start strong and devolve into tropes and clichés but this one is a slow burn where each progressive part of the series the story gets better. I was hoping the cheap animation could make it profitable to get enough seasons to get to Lessybus, but the degrade in quality for this season may be a sign it is ending soon.
Jun 13, 2022 4:11 PM

Feb 2012
I sincerely hope for another.
"The speck of fear grows in your eyes
You'll meet your death in no disguise
It may come as a small surprise
There will be no compromise for you"

- Nikopol Lyrics, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Jun 13, 2022 4:18 PM
Apr 2008
In what manga did season 3 ends?
Jun 13, 2022 5:25 PM

Dec 2021
kutchero said:

The season ends at P2V4 of the LN, not sure about the manga though
Jun 13, 2022 5:27 PM

Mar 2011
kutchero said:

The story follow a light novel, not manga. The season 3 ends in 7th book (which is last book of Part 2 of the whole story). Part 3 is then her life as a noble.
You won't find the manga translated anyway and novel is much better so I recommend going for that one.
Jun 13, 2022 8:52 PM
Apr 2012
Just saw the finale and watched past the credits for the epilogue.

It adapts almost everything from Book 7 (End of Part 2 overall in the series). A few scenes were shortened for time, but it's a good stopping point. However, whether it's getting a 4th season to adapt Book 8-12 (Part 3) is uncertain.

At first it said: "The story to be told is over....After that,"
Then after the epilogue scenes it ended with "To be continued."

Normally, I'd assume season 4, but I don't think its guaranteed. Announcement for 3rd season was a few months after Season 2 ended. Announcement for 2nd Season was right after 1st. Also several readers have mentioned there isn't a good stopping point after this, unless they want to adapt all of Part 3, 4 and the ongoing 5.

Regarding the manga, it might be worth seeing what scenes were left out of the anime once Suzuka finishes drawing Part 2. And for anyone looking into the manga, be advised this is a multi-arc adaptation situation where multiple artists are adapting various arcs simultaneously. That's why they are separate entries and are labelled as Part 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 to correspond to the same Parts in the novels. Suzuka draws Part 1 and 2. Ryo Namino draws Part 3. Hikaru Katsuki draws Part 4. And they'll probably get someone new for Part 5, unless one of the other artists is available and wants to come back.

Back to the 3rd Season Anime my conclusion is this:
The studio is 1) leaving the option for them to continue this project if they get enough funding and 2) telling fans this story isn't over, so go read the novels/manga to keep supporting the author, studio and franchise.

That's fine by me. This is the best, complex, non-violent fantasy anime since Spice and Wolf which is getting a continuation in the near future. A good sign of more series like this being given a chance. Especially since Bookworm's charm is its identity as a de-power fantasy iseakai, a political drama that is easy to understand, and a charming look at the history of bookmaking and publishing, but with a fantasy twist. I'm sticking with this franchise for Part 3, 4, 5 and afterwards. I hope you all do as well.

Regards My Fellow Bookworms.
Jun 13, 2022 9:43 PM

Nov 2015
Ready_Player_1 said:
This one is kind of a weird series. Most start strong and devolve into tropes and clichés but this one is a slow burn where each progressive part of the series the story gets better. I was hoping the cheap animation could make it profitable to get enough seasons to get to Lessybus, but the degrade in quality for this season may be a sign it is ending soon.

exactly my thoughts, and it's pretty sad to see it happens. I love every minute of this anime. it's in my favorite and i would like it to continue but not at the expense of the studio dying.
Jun 14, 2022 12:40 AM
Feb 2017
Well it does say "to be continued" but I'm not sure whether it's fact or wishful thinking. It all comes down to how popular it is in Japan after all and the fact that seasons 1 and 2 had 24 episodes each while season 3 only had 10 is not a good sign.
Also imho the story really strayed away from the first arc. It's still called Honzuki but watching season 3 you'll see a book maybe once, ink a couple of times. Other than that it's mostly noble conspirations. I could really understand it if this last season proves to be not nearly as popular as the first.
Jun 14, 2022 2:15 AM

Dec 2015
to those thinking 10 episodes means NO season4... need i remind you of 'How Not to Summon a Demon Lord' S2? that one had 10 episodes too. also, from what i've read from commentaries on THOSE light novels, the readers were saying the EXACT SAME THINGS the Bookworm novel readers are saying, 'the anime NEEDS to stop here at a NATURAL pause in the books' narrative.'

over 60% of all anime since the 1980's is a 12 episode, 1 season, 'pump and dump' advertising campaign to sell merch and copies of the source material(s).

if any franchise gets 24 episodes, call that one a cash-making miracle worker. if it goes BEYOND 24? that's an act of the universe itself interceding.

let's hope the international income and popularity helps the 'Big Yen Boys' back in JPN fund another project for this great show. :)
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Jun 14, 2022 4:01 AM
Aug 2018
It's really a low budget anime + it says to be continue. Everyone likes the anime and it has a low key profile. Source material is solid. There is no point leaving it here. It must be like good dream for studio. They did a season 3 in the middle of pandemic. I think this fact alone tells something. I believe we will see even season 5.
Jun 14, 2022 5:51 AM

Jul 2017
Clarian said:
kutchero said:

You won't find the manga translated anyway.

It's on Bookwalker!
Ascendance of a Bookworm manga

Goes up to Part 2 vol 5 currently, so 2 volumes left in that part. They're into Part 4 in Japan, so they're a ways behind whereas the with the
Light Novel they're only 2 volumes behind total and both coming out fairly soon.
D1tchd1ggerJun 14, 2022 5:56 AM
Jun 14, 2022 9:28 AM
Aug 2017
I was convinced this would never get a season 3, and wound up pleasantly surprised. I'm even more convinced this certainly won't get a season 4 this time. So that means I'll probably wind up even more surprised.
Jun 15, 2022 8:09 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
People didn't think durarara would be continued but look what happened there.
They did say to be continued with bookworm so it's not impossible.

Jun 15, 2022 1:24 PM
Jul 2019
NiQ1 said:
Well it does say "to be continued" but I'm not sure whether it's fact or wishful thinking. It all comes down to how popular it is in Japan after all and the fact that seasons 1 and 2 had 24 episodes each while season 3 only had 10 is not a good sign.
Also imho the story really strayed away from the first arc. It's still called Honzuki but watching season 3 you'll see a book maybe once, ink a couple of times. Other than that it's mostly noble conspirations. I could really understand it if this last season proves to be not nearly as popular as the first.

season 1 and 2 only had 12 episodes each
Jun 15, 2022 1:24 PM
Jul 2019
well season 1 had 14 and season 2 had 12
Jun 15, 2022 8:42 PM

Jul 2010
Doubtful imo but I hope I am proven wrong.
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Jun 15, 2022 10:06 PM
Jul 2015
Shining_Falcon said:
J several readers have mentioned there isn't a good stopping point after this, unless they want to adapt all of Part 3, 4 and the ongoing 5.

I haven't read all of the light novel but the next book has 2 small plots that might be early enough in to be an OVA of 3-4 episodes (Karstedt/Baptism) (I was expecting these to be the end of season 3) then 2 major story arcs that could easily be made as 2 seasons (Monastery/Tower, Playroom/Jureve) (12+ episodes). If they reshuffle events a bit you could extend it to 3 (Illgner/Ahrensbach) before the time skip which is the point I was expecting the anime to end.
Jun 17, 2022 3:14 PM

Aug 2010
my 2 pence
While they did't confirm (yet) a 4th season, the did "... to be continued" confirmed that something else will be adapted. it my be into to an OVA's, or a movie... for sure.

Also, Audible Japan, has at the present 15 novels adapted into Audiobooks, and up to date,

[url=]volumen 29th is planing to be released as AUDIOBOOK (unfortunately in Japanese) ... on July 2026

Plus, About the Ligh Novels ...
as someone had already pointed, Season 1 cover the first -Arc- Part 1 (books 1 to 3) over 800 pages of the MAIN plot resumed in just 14 episodes + an OVA of 2 short episodes.
which just 1 out of 10 side histories properly adapted.

Remember that at the first episode, season 1 Intro we get a BIG SPOILER, [Main lying in a bench with her Priestesses Blue Robes, and Ferdinand (who does not apear until near the end of episode 13 (if i recall well), with the "Magic tool to read Myne's mind... ( which in the novels happens after the Trombe Extermination (end of season 2) Then after the credits, we go back to the very beginning, Myne (Urano Motosu) awakening from her reincarnation...

While season 2 cover about HALF of the 2nd Arc. Just 2 of the 4 books in Part 2 (Books 4th & 5th), > in 12 Episodes; from about 650 pages (without illustrations, nor Side histories).

And this last season, has covered the other 2 books (P II - Vols. 6 & 7) on the -2nd ARC- about 500 pages resumed in just 10 episodes. Which made a total of 36 episodes adapted from 7 out of 33 volume so far.
EkunSjyJun 17, 2022 5:52 PM
There is again! The ultimate technique: "It's all his fault, not mine"!
Goddess, High Bishop, you sure are popular!

まんが きけん     むがく
漫画は危険じゃない、けど無学です。
Manga wa kikenjyanai, kedo mugaku desu.

Benno frowned as I finished listing off all the reasons why I din't want to give the books leather covers.
Jun 19, 2022 7:58 AM

Apr 2019

Please please Ajia-Do continue the one isekai which is actually worth it. Save CheesefaceMyne!

Jun 19, 2022 8:22 AM

Aug 2010
inim said:

Please please Ajia-Do continue the one isekai which is actually worth it. Save CheesefaceMyne!

hehehe, 😂 I'va bought it!
I'll save Lady cheesefaceRozemine

まんが きけん     むがく
漫画は危険じゃない、けど無学です。

Benno frowned as I finished listing off all the reasons why I din't want to give the books leather covers.
Jun 25, 2022 10:22 AM
꧁ marr

Sep 2014
I hope so, I can't get enough of Myne!

LIFE IS CRAZY AND SO ARE YOU
♫♫♫

Jul 1, 2022 6:36 AM
Dec 2017
Second and third season got their episode number cut by 2 (and production commitee wanted to do only 8 episodes this season instead of 10), so its probably not bringing enough attention to the source material.
Jul 10, 2022 6:37 AM
Apr 2018
_Ishinashi99 said:
Support the anime on crunchyroll

That does not affect it's chances for another season
Jul 10, 2022 11:22 PM

May 2015
just binged this seasons and im crying i sure hope so!! it was really good
My Candies:
Jul 16, 2022 10:01 AM

Oct 2008
It may or may not get a new season, but if they want to adapt everything in the next arc it will have to be 24+ episodes. If they try to stick all that in 12 I'd rather they not do it at all.
Jul 21, 2022 7:31 PM

Apr 2010
They have plenty of source material but the director had to beg them to even get 10 episodes this season - they only wanted to do 8. The studio responsible just quite frankly doesn't have money.

For a comparison:
Kadokawa's Capital 20.6 Billion yen
Alpahpolis' Capital: 860 million yen
TO Books' Capital: 15 million yen

It's pretty sad really because there's a lot of really great content left. And if they only wanted to do 8 despite the popularity, that looks pretty grim if we want to see all 33 volumes adapted considering we're at just like 22% after 3 seasons. 9 more seasons isn't very likely and we'd need 14 more if it were just 8 episodes per. So even if they do make another season I think we're gonna end up really disappointed no matter what.
Jul 22, 2022 6:37 PM
May 2020
Yeah I’d say there’s a good chance for more but it might be a while. Hopefully we see some more ova’s. As there is so many of the short stories in the novels to make more of.
Aug 18, 2022 7:23 AM

Oct 2008
With the "TO BE CONTINUED" at the end of s3, I at least know the intent of continuing the franchise is there. Just as Myne, I will pray for the 4th season to be produced.
Aug 19, 2022 9:32 PM

May 2019
Tiffanys said:
They have plenty of source material but the director had to beg them to even get 10 episodes this season - they only wanted to do 8. The studio responsible just quite frankly doesn't have money.

For a comparison:

It's pretty sad really because there's a lot of really great content left. And if they only wanted to do 8 despite the popularity, that looks pretty grim if we want to see all 33 volumes adapted considering we're at just like 22% after 3 seasons. 9 more seasons isn't very likely and we'd need 14 more if it were just 8 episodes per. So even if they do make another season I think we're gonna end up really disappointed no matter what.

wtf, 33 volumes of novels? What a long ass story and it is not finished yet!

Is it divided in arcs?

For example, i think all this until now, these 22%, were the "Myne's Family and Cathedral arc".

If they keep doing new seasons, at least they should try to reach the end of an Arc.
Sep 8, 2022 6:08 AM

Aug 2010
Rob7 said:

WTF, 33 volumes of novels? What a long ass story and it is not finished yet!

NOPES!!.
- IT IS FULLY FINISHED! -

The original web novel reached 667 web chapters. All of those, plus some NEW content as (Side histories from Other Characters PoV is ALL the material the author expect to be compiled in the 33 Volumes.
Note: 30 of them have been already published in Japanese ...

- Currently all World wide sales are over 7 million copies. Digital + print (...what I am not sure is if all that include the Manga adaptations sales, or are JUST for the light NOVELS)

While in English, book 21th ( Part IV Volume IX ) had have been fully translated. Which it just finished streaming after 8 weekly parts, -of it, the last 2 where six (6) side histories- this past Monday, Sep. 7th at J-novel.club official website... which it must be released digitally in a couple of months ...

- Physical Prints, are just behind, now at Part IV (four) Volume 2. which will be released next October 2022 ... (Book 14th of 33)
Rob7 said:

Is it divided in arcs?

YES, it is, five (5) in total.
- First Arc, is the starting one - Daughter of a Soldier (Season 1), where we know the few main characters...
- Second (Part II) - Apprentice of a Shrine maiden, is where the plot woven the transitory Arc for MC, Myne (Main = マイン) to being a Noble ... (seasons 2 & 3, => adapt Novel Volumes 4th to 7th)
Rob7 said:

For example, i think all this until now, these 22%, were the "Myne's Family and Cathedral arc".

If they keep doing new seasons, at least they should try to reach the end of an Arc.

Corect!!

- While the 3th ARC (books novel volumes 8th to 12th) it is nearly the TRUE History starter point ... woven the history at slow pace, but steady.

then, the 4th ARC (Books 13th to 21th), just ended with a MIND BLOWING ... twist of events ...
and up to here I can say! Eager for next and last Arc - Part V (five)-

EkunSjySep 8, 2022 7:33 AM

まんが きけん     むがく
漫画は危険じゃない、けど無学です。

Sep 29, 2022 3:05 AM

May 2022
Tiffanys said:

For a comparison:

This is so sad. No wonder season 3 feels really compressed compared to season 1 and 2. Put 1-2 more episodes and I bet it would deliver more impactful emotional scene. From this budget thing I can predict the next season will be even way more compressed since there will be more volume to cover, more thrilling and heartbreaking scenes, and it most likely would be packed in 2 seasons instead of 3 in the next arc.
Jan 7, 2023 1:24 PM
Oct 2009
I hope so. The last part of part 3 of the LN is quite touching but also heartbreaking at the same time. I want to see this in anime form!
Mar 21, 2023 10:03 PM

Sep 2016
Idk why people talk about some alleged drop of quality or sth, the anime has been quite balanced throughout all of its 3 seasons.

Hopefully since it got 3 seasons someone will keep adapting it..
bruh
Oct 25, 2023 6:58 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
At this point, all I can say is... buy the novels. Buy official translations, buy the japanese web novel, money = more chance of anime.

Dec 2, 2023 3:43 AM
Feb 2017
Reply to quercifolia
At this point, all I can say is... buy the novels. Buy official translations, buy the japanese web novel, money = more chance of anime.
@quercifolia I doubt there would be another season at this point, as the light novel series is about to conclude - the volume that will be released next week is the last. I can't really remember many (if any) cases where the anime got another season after the source material has concluded.
Dec 2, 2023 4:37 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Reply to NiQ1
@quercifolia I doubt there would be another season at this point, as the light novel series is about to conclude - the volume that will be released next week is the last. I can't really remember many (if any) cases where the anime got another season after the source material has concluded.
@NiQ1 I mean, it's uncommon but it does happen. Parasyte for example, the manga ended back in the 90's with adaption in 2014. Banana Fish, similar occasion. Dororo even had two adaptions after the manga finished; one in '60's and another more recently

Dec 5, 2023 9:11 PM

Sep 2020
Leak : Season 4 will be animated by Wit Studio.

https://twitter.com/SugoiLITE/status/1732261518606258267
ZXEANDec 5, 2023 9:21 PM
Dec 7, 2023 12:19 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 3rd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2022

193 by dhell26 »»
Mar 29, 1:27 PM

» Unpopular Opinion

Animorphimagi - Jun 14, 2022

14 by KakaTamaki »»
Mar 26, 4:55 AM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 3rd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2022

91 by Kvistis »»
Feb 29, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 3rd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2022

55 by Kvistis »»
Feb 25, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 3rd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2022

60 by Kvistis »»
Feb 23, 11:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.