Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 20, 2010 1:40 PM

Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The weather in the beginning sure made it interesting between Takumi and Nozomi until Serizawa barged in. So Serizawa is afaraid of lighting......that's a cute girl featuture to a girl...she clings to you every lighitng storm days when you are alone with her...Holy crap! Serizawa confessed already to Takumi in this episode...O_O that was fast but I liked her Tsundere mode within that part. Nice flashbacks=>
and nice work of finding Nozomi and settling things. Takumi...........How lucky can you get?=> Hey look they are holding hands......that's cute and nice=>
Interesting fan service of Fumino=>
Oh well....good episode!
francismeunierApr 20, 2010 4:04 PM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Apr 20, 2010 2:30 PM

Aug 2009
Erm what's up with the pacing of this series? First we have two episodes that have next to nothing of manga material and now they rammed BOTH Nozomi's and Fumino's chapters in this episode.

Well besides pacing I thought it was very heart-warming episode. I guess I'm a sucker when the subject is about family. Animation was also cosiderably better than in last episode.

Oh and Francis. You're the gif-master right? Do you mind making me a gif of Nozomi's hair going up and down? It was about at time of 1.59-2.01. Just like they showed after opening, but without those annoying texts. I would like to use it as an avatar. It's just soooooo cute. I'd be happy if you did it, but there's no need to rush :).
Zero009Apr 20, 2010 2:37 PM
Apr 20, 2010 4:08 PM

Oct 2009
Zero009 said:
Erm what's up with the pacing of this series? First we have two episodes that have next to nothing of manga material and now they rammed BOTH Nozomi's and Fumino's chapters in this episode.

Oh really? Well that makes sense but I don't see much of Nozomi's background that much other than her feelings and views in general about Takumi taking care of her.
Zero009 said:
Well besides pacing I thought it was very heart-warming episode. I guess I'm a sucker when the subject is about family. Animation was also cosiderably better than in last episode.

Yes it was heartwarming but I found it so kiyaaaaa........Fumino confession+tsundere mode on. That was good! :D
Zero009 said:
Oh and Francis. You're the gif-master right? Do you mind making me a gif of Nozomi's hair going up and down? It was about at time of 1.59-2.01. Just like they showed after opening, but without those annoying texts. I would like to use it as an avatar. It's just soooooo cute. I'd be happy if you did it, but there's no need to rush :).
No problem and on the job! :D

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Apr 20, 2010 4:58 PM

Jan 2010
There is no real pacing in the novels either. It's a fucking harem with cats and a fat tsundere Saten..don't ask for miracles, just ask for entertainment..which it is. I'd have to say this is one of the more entertaining shows this season on just the fun factor.
Ok™
Apr 20, 2010 5:13 PM

Aug 2009
francismeunier said:

Yes it was heartwarming but I found it so kiyaaaaa........Fumino confession+tsundere mode on. That was good! :D

In manga Fumino actually only said once I hate you(meaning I love you), but anime decided to overplay it a bit. Love, hate, love, hate. lol

francismeunier said:

No problem and on the job! :D

Oh thanks :D. Post it here or then directly to my profile once you're done with it.

havsie said:
There is no real pacing in the novels either. It's a fucking harem with cats and a fat tsundere Saten..don't ask for miracles, just ask for entertainment..which it is. I'd have to say this is one of the more entertaining shows this season on just the fun factor.

I just said that because it felt a bit wierd after reading manga. But yeah this is the type of show where you shouldn't mind anything and just watch it for entertainment.
Apr 20, 2010 6:33 PM

Aug 2009
All right, to anyone complaining about the pacing, the anime is more faithful to the light novel (original source) than the manga is (adapted source). Any comparisons between manga and anime is then rendered redundant because of that.

If you must know, the manga actually switched the confession and Nozomi being convinced to return, in terms of timing.

Anyway, rant over.

This series has been a real surprise in terms of the way the emotions of the characters are being portrayed and brought out. This heartwarming quality makes the series stand out amongst others of the same genre, so I think this could be a sleeper hit by the end of its run.

Loved the dishonesty of Fumino, which makes things all the more interesting because even if it's her fault, she'll take it out on Takumi. Poor guy. XD She actually panics and confesses to Takumi, which leaves him wondering if what she said is true (love, or hate?). More punishment for him, in a way.

For Nozomi, her deadpan responses and bluntness is just win. At times, even if it wasn't meant to be funny, you might find yourself inexplicably laughing. I think this episode's events could be a catalyst for her to start liking Takumi.

Takumi seems to be, on the romantic side, like most protagonists are, dense to the feelings of the girls around him. However, he is not entirely spineless and actually does something, especially during a crisis.

This episode reinforces once again on why I chose this show because it's very fun, and you do not have to think too hard to get the hang of the plot.

Plot-wise, it's not going to be something you'd want (for most people anyway; it's all PLOT PLOT PLOT or CRAP CRAP CRAP), so some people might just shoot off whatever criticism they have about the series on a whole.

I still think the best has yet to come, but this episode is pretty close to it. Definitely continuing.
RapidPotentialApr 20, 2010 7:44 PM
Apr 21, 2010 12:04 AM

Apr 2010
Really want to see the sub so I can straighten out what bits I didn't quite understand, though. However, based on what I know and understand, I'd say this was the best episode of the series thus far. Very heartwarming. Hope the other eps of the series build on this one quality wise. Also, the animation was better in this ep than it was in the last (thankfully!).

I was already expecting it from the manga, but it's really interesting having what's supposed to be the female lead of a harem series confessing this early on. However, there's a twist in that Takumi's not quite sure what to think because of Fumino's habit of lying. The fact that she she's she's lying only makes it more confusing. Also, she managed to fit a bunch of tsundere bits in the confession, which was awesome. We had back-to-back "Urusai urusai urusai", "Baka baka baka", and "Die twice!" I foudn that amusing, personally.

Also, great job for Takumi convincing Nozomi to come back. A touching scene, especially watching her break down like that and Takumi comforting her.

Like I said, great episode. Very heartwarming. Hope the rest of the series is at least this good. I'll give the ep a 5/5, the first time I've done that for the series.
"Don't worry girls, explosions fix everything!" --Nabeshin (the Excel Saga one)
Apr 21, 2010 1:23 AM

Jan 2010
Loved the episode, albeit it's the climax episode of the entry arc so I expected it to be good, but it was better than expected ^.^.

Even though, having read the manga, none of it came as a true surprise (we know it's based off the novel, lay off >.>), it still felt as endearing and fresh as the first time.

In my opinion, a harem series that has pure and heartwarming sequences like this has won the game. Too many recent series have lost touch with that and either attempt it but make it feel unnatural and injected or don't try at all and attempt to make up for it with fanservice.

Mayoi Neko Overrun manages to integrate everything within the plot quite nicely allowing the drama to feel natural and in tune with the events of the series. This episode was a perfect example.

4.7/5 tentatively. Plan to reevaluate after the sub to understand the parts I didn't quite catch.
Apr 21, 2010 6:16 AM

Nov 2008
This episode was... I just can't sum it up in words how I felt. I was baffled by how bad it was that I'm not even angry. Most of the time I was just face palming and laughing at everything that took place. This series just got much worst. Oh and I like how she blew it off in the ending, "That's obviously a lie." THE FUCK? Another good example of abusing the tsundere personality for the sake of dragging a shitty story.

This is the most pathetic episode of any anime I have watched since...well, a long time. I got to finish this because it's just so bad.
Maximatum99Apr 21, 2010 6:59 AM
Apr 21, 2010 6:31 AM
Mar 2009
Man, the wait for the subs is annoying. I'm not that into this show, and yet I can't help but want to find out what happens next.

Apr 21, 2010 6:55 AM

Mar 2009
I find the art very inconsistent . Great at times bad at times.
Heartwarming episode :D ~ Tatami !!
Mokyuu♥~!!

Apr 21, 2010 8:22 AM

Aug 2009
Awww, what a heart-warming episode..
Liked the episode. And I'm liking Fumino. I love how Takumi's a good guy, not a useless one which is usual in a harem. That was some good comfort. Good thing Nozomi came back :)

Good episode.
Apr 21, 2010 8:22 AM

Dec 2007
This anime is so bad it's good.
Apr 21, 2010 9:20 AM

Jun 2007
Wow.
This actually made me laugh at a few scenes. Not in a good way though.
Apr 21, 2010 9:24 AM

Jan 2009
Better than K-ON!! tbh >.>

One thing I'm curious about though, where did all those cats come from? O.o

Also, that was quite some over-exaggerated tsundere mode xD...
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 21, 2010 11:57 AM

Dec 2008

"Akikan!" melon soda, anyone? xD
Apr 21, 2010 1:54 PM

Dec 2009
Yukari_Hiwada said:
Awww, what a heart-warming episode..
Liked the episode. And I'm liking Fumino. I love how Takumi's a good guy, not a useless one which is usual in a harem. That was some good comfort. Good thing Nozomi came back :)

Good episode.

Yea really liked Fumino this episode and this was just an adorable episode.
Apr 21, 2010 1:57 PM

Feb 2008

Little Red Riding Tsun
Apr 21, 2010 1:58 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Can't get much more tsundere ^^. Decent episode.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 21, 2010 2:42 PM
Mar 2008
A quite enjoyable series. Full of cliches, but still enjoyable.
Apr 21, 2010 3:22 PM
Dec 2007
It was an entertaining episode with a good amount of development. And it was better than this week's K-ON!! episode. Oh and the ending scene was kinda fun too.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 21, 2010 3:29 PM

Apr 2009
Mathes said:
Wow.
This actually made me laugh at a few scenes. Not in a good way though.

This. The quality of this show overall is a roller coaster by nature... I was wondering why it's so bad, and it turns out every episode has a different director. I didn't think there could be such a thing as too much tsundere, but I was wrong.
Apr 21, 2010 3:40 PM

Aug 2008
The characters' life stories were pretty interesting this time around; however, the plot in the present (Fumino acting bitchy, Kiriya running away) was lame... so I guess, it's either good or lame at times, lol.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Apr 21, 2010 4:01 PM

Nov 2008
rabids0ap said:

Good catch. The references are hard to see like Misaka from Railgun in episode one.
Apr 21, 2010 4:58 PM

Aug 2009
Wow, you don't usually get a confession in episode 3

I kinda care more about the characters in the past than now. Honestly, outside of a last episode in which a confession really takes place, I can't see this series ending in any way except stupidly. Maybe it'll surprise me but with the massive directors shift taking place I doubt it.

For the episode itself, I'll give it 4/5. It was the best episode thus far, though I think that's not saying much.
Apr 21, 2010 6:09 PM

Dec 2008
I agree with those that are complaining about the pace, but I guess if they're being true to the source material than it's hard to judge their decisions. This is a cute series, it's fun to watch these types of shows while waiting for new episodes of the more story-driven series.
Apr 21, 2010 6:33 PM

May 2008
Wait a minute,
i thought in episode 2, he was sleeping then the phone rang, and fumino was outside........................

but here, he went to see nozomi, talked then the phone rang... etc.

wtf <.<

Laright episode.
hopefully the confession will be brought back..and not forgotten
Apr 21, 2010 6:36 PM

Aug 2009
Fumino is the type of tsundere that you don't hate. Maybe thats just me though.
Apr 21, 2010 7:15 PM

Jul 2009
Good episode.

Is it me or does this episode feel like the ending of a certain anime I've watched? O.O
This is a signature.
Apr 21, 2010 7:42 PM

Apr 2009
nyaa
Apr 21, 2010 7:55 PM

Jul 2009
SoFarGone said:
Fumino is the type of tsundere that you don't hate. Maybe thats just me though.

No, it's not only you :D

Tsundere are someone who I find adorable~
This is a signature.
Apr 21, 2010 8:15 PM

Nov 2008
It seems like the episodes are getting better. I liked this version of the events more than in the manga. It had more emotion to it.

I'll be looking forward to the next episode!
Apr 21, 2010 9:23 PM
Mar 2009
Ok, I have to say this now that I've seen the ep. It was full of cliches (we're already family blah blah blah) but this did something you don't often see in harem shows (even if it took it back after the credits) one of the girls confessing in the 3rd episode. That was something I honestly don't expect when watching harem shows, I expect either bull crap 'you decide for yourself' endings or resolution at the very last moment with all relationship development during the last episode out of nowhere, I do not expect a confession (from the friggin' tsundere of all people) in the 3rd episode.

Also, the artwork is inconsistent and nowhere near as good looking as some of the other shows out this season, but it still has it's good points.

Also, I'm already sick of the 'nyaa' and 'shake' things, those got old the moment they were done.

Apr 21, 2010 10:35 PM

Nov 2009
Maximatum99 said:
rabids0ap said:

Good catch. The references are hard to see like Misaka from Railgun in episode one.

Extra applaud from me.
So there really is a new director every episode? I guess that would explain the reason why this episode was floating separate from the others. Like it literally didn't connect to the ending of episode 2.

It was really weird because there was so much stuff in this episode yet it only felt partially rushed. While it might of been cliche like some people say, the way they executed it was not bad at all. Also helps when this type of stuff is your cup of tea.

I really hope they don't completely ignore the confession as if it was just a joke. The ending gave me very bad bad vibes about that. If that happens all the points this show just scored with me are going down the drain.
Apr 22, 2010 12:44 AM

Sep 2009
...yup...this is definitely a harem. This episode was fairly enjoyable. I wonder where the story is going to go...
Apr 22, 2010 1:27 AM

Nov 2009
I like this series so far, even though probably not one of the best it's one of my favourites
Apr 22, 2010 2:52 AM

Jul 2009
This episode is ......boring imo. Maybe because i already bored in the middle of this episode. Watching Takumi past makes me even more bored.

This anime really makes me disappointed, at first i have a great expectations of this anime. I'm kinda hoping that this one will turn to another good rom-com anime. But up until now. I didn't laugh at all and its romance aspect isn't good either. Well, from now on, i think i'll watch this series just for the sake for completing it.
RegulusApr 22, 2010 3:15 AM
Apr 22, 2010 3:13 AM

Dec 2009
Nice episode , average start but great ending :)
Apr 22, 2010 4:47 AM

May 2008
aha this is actually interesting

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 22, 2010 5:58 AM

Apr 2009
Why is it that every female lead has to be afraid of lightning/thunder? It gets annoying after a while...
Apr 22, 2010 6:57 AM

Jun 2009
I could say Takumi was a lucky man. :D
It's kinda heart-warming at the end of Episode 3. :]

dearest my bb shinah ty for the bday present <33
Apr 22, 2010 7:16 AM

Jul 2009
OShoranO said:
Why is it that every female lead has to be afraid of lightning/thunder? It gets annoying after a while...
Some people found that kind of girl cute..me myself find it cute in anime..in RL hell no

Well it's just a harem shows trying to be a harem shows after all, which is adequate
Apr 22, 2010 7:31 AM

Feb 2009
I'm getting kinda confused about Fumino. How do you know when she's telling the truth or she's lying. I'm practically flipping the meanings of all her dialogue to see if what she said is fitting to the situation. I still like Fumino's character,though only this part bothers me.

I felt that there was something missing here. I just didn't feel the confession part and the Nozomi convincing part. I think that if another director handled this episode(and seeing as how each episode from now on will have different ones), those scenes would have been much better. But last part was nice, both the nose flicking of Fumino and the random maids act.

3/5
Apr 22, 2010 9:13 AM

Sep 2008
this series should 'live' twice....

that line is getting so annoying...
Apr 22, 2010 11:29 AM

Apr 2008
lolwut. confession between main chars in ep 3.

Oh well. Hopefully better lulz ensue in future episodes.

(so many cliches)
Apr 22, 2010 1:18 PM

May 2009
belatkuro said:
I'm getting kinda confused about Fumino. How do you know when she's telling the truth or she's lying. I'm practically flipping the meanings of all her dialogue to see if what she said is fitting to the situation. I still like Fumino's character,though only this part bothers me.

Has to do with how she brings it. If she says it with a straight face or gets rather hot-headed over it, you can be sure that whatever she says isn't what she means. That's the nature of a true type-A tsundere. In reverse, if she gets really embarrassed, stammers and has trouble finding her words, she's usually telling the truth.

It's strange that Takumi never realized Fumino's feelings for him, while he does know what she's thinking most of the time. I guess he never saw her more as anything than a childhood friend. Nozomi understood perfectly what Fumino thinks of him, so I take it that she didn't want to get between the two of them, probably realizing that she might come to like him as well -- if she doesn't do that already.

So, now that Fumino confessed and Nozomi ends up coming home again, I wonder how they're gonna handle this for the remaining 10 episodes, coz I can't tell where this is going as of yet.

Good episode nonetheless.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2010 1:20 PM

Jul 2009
So this is what a poorly directed anime episode is like.... Hated the fast-paced development. Hated the tsundere attitude.

Overall, I disliked the episode. The 1st 2 episodes were a lot better.
Apr 22, 2010 1:44 PM

Apr 2009
Well, after watching Toradora! I became allergic to tsundere heroines... and here we've got 2 of them. As if this was not enough, this episode was terribly developed - pace of action was changing from normal to too fast a few times. To sum up - even in spite of these flaws, I enjoyed this ep more than the 2 previous ones...

Apr 22, 2010 2:22 PM

Jul 2008
Much better than the second episode. Hope it stays this way. I have faith in you AIC.
Apr 22, 2010 3:47 PM

Feb 2010
Nice episode, I liked it a lot, I hope it continues this way too.^^
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mayoi Neko Overrun! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - May 4, 2010

89 by Dywei »»
Jan 27, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Mayoi Neko Overrun! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Jun 15, 2010

82 by antoninus_v »»
Aug 3, 2023 6:26 PM

» Where can i watch this

Probs - Aug 13, 2022

2 by MailPerson »»
Aug 13, 2022 10:37 PM

Poll: » Mayoi Neko Overrun! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cr4sian_phil - May 18, 2010

198 by INVICTVS »»
Jul 15, 2022 1:03 PM

» Anyone else find this show criminally underrated?

kelzoldyck - Apr 18, 2021

5 by asiank0ala »»
Mar 31, 2022 3:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.