Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 4, 2010 2:56 PM

Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was excellent! They managed to do a good job of drama and swimsuits. I was moved by Chise's past. Kaho being in all this made a nice spice. Really good drama around here with Takumi bowing in front of Kaho=>
and Chise finally named the cafe to the Mayoi name of what I understood=>
BTW about Chise........stupid parents that work and have no time for their kids.......screw you all.....in the end they are the sore losers because their offsprings have problems like Chise does and no money can fix that no matter how you look at it....which reminds me of how lucky I am to live and have regular contact with my parents...next up..GIFs hopefully soon.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
May 4, 2010 10:19 PM

Oct 2007
This episode was a little better than the last one, but the anime as a whole still seems a little average to me.

What I don't get is how the producers can be such idiots. Why would they start the anime about 1 month after the manga started? Not only that, but why would they remove all the awesome anime/game references that the manga makes? That is what really killed a lot of the potential that this anime had. Now all I see is a generic harem coming to a dead generic ending...
May 5, 2010 2:06 AM

Dec 2007
Pretty lame episode, I couldn't care less about the spoiled brat.
May 5, 2010 5:12 AM
Jun 2008
Nyaaaaa ^^
Memories win over Money
( i am really surprised they don't have loyal customer,I guess Anime is Anime )

(is this even part of the anime?)
When i saw weather forecast,later i thought it was some made up jokes in the end of the episode.I can't believe its really a weather forecast.Some more its done very cute compare to ours.
MorningGloryMay 5, 2010 5:21 AM
May 5, 2010 5:38 AM

Aug 2009
Charliehsv said:

This and...

MorningGlory said:
Nyaaaaa ^^

This ^^
May 5, 2010 10:15 PM

Jan 2010
cr4sian_phil said:
This episode was a little better than the last one, but the anime as a whole still seems a little average to me.

What I don't get is how the producers can be such idiots. Why would they start the anime about 1 month after the manga started? Not only that, but why would they remove all the awesome anime/game references that the manga makes? That is what really killed a lot of the potential that this anime had. Now all I see is a generic harem coming to a dead generic ending...

You realize this show is based off of the novels right? The manga is just a recent adaptation.

Also in the novels
so expect that end..either that or some bullshit pie end nonsense.
Ok™
May 5, 2010 10:46 PM

Apr 2009
Charliehsv said:
Took the words right out of my mouth.
May 5, 2010 11:03 PM

Jul 2009
Uh, how do I put this....that was bad.

Especially coming off a hilarious episode.

I'll keep watching I guess, to see how different directors do things.
May 5, 2010 11:35 PM

Nov 2008
<======== My avatar accurately represents my rage towards this turd of a series.

One thing puzzling is the construction of the other shop. How long did it take to build and... why am I trying to rationalize this? It doesn't make sense.

This whole episode was the director begging for me to give a fuck. Instead, it raped me.

1/5

This series sure is getting worst every episode. Can't wait to see what happens next in this facepalm montage.
May 5, 2010 11:44 PM

Jan 2010
Maximatum99 said:
<======== My avatar accurately represents my rage towards this turd of a series.

One thing puzzling is the construction of the other shop. How long did it take to build and... why am I trying to rationalize this? It doesn't make sense.

This whole episode was the director begging for me to give a fuck. Instead, it raped me.

1/5

This series sure is getting worst every episode. Can't wait to see what happens next in this facepalm montage.

Nothing in this show makes sense, and nothing about it's really good other than fat Saten and the rest of the Raildex cast. It seems that this show goes from good episode to shit episode to good episode depending on the director. They still have 7 episodes to make this somewhat decent, at least it isn't as bad as Omamori Himari.
Ok™
May 6, 2010 12:07 AM

Nov 2008
havsie said:
They still have 7 episodes to make this somewhat decent, at least it isn't as bad as Omamori Himari.
Not yet and I am betting on it.
May 6, 2010 12:10 AM

Sep 2008
WHOA, that almost looked like a PPF curve!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2010 12:32 AM

Aug 2009
Oh, I don't see much progress.
May 6, 2010 12:33 AM
Dec 2008
The ending <3
May 6, 2010 1:03 AM

Jul 2008
Quite lame. Takumi was quite meek during that scene in the screenshot. It's like he's just half-heartedly saying those things.
May 6, 2010 1:11 AM

Oct 2009
entropy13 said:
Quite lame. Takumi was quite meek during that scene in the screenshot. It's like he's just half-heartedly saying those things.
More like he was just too stupid to realize about Chise and the past concerning helping her get up when she fell down. And what about the voice of Chise.......it's the same girl who was doing Index? O_O I though Kugimiya, Rie would be perfect for it since Chise now somehow got the light bulb light in my head about her being more like Louise from Zero no Tsukaima.....well a little like that. BTW why the hate for Chise most people people don't like Serizawa last I heard and now it's Chise........

In spoiler my anime list for now.
May 6, 2010 1:14 AM
Apr 2010
loved the crying faces LOL

My Badge
May 6, 2010 1:42 AM

Nov 2008
francismeunier said:
entropy13 said:
More like he was just too stupid to realize about Chise and the past concerning helping her get up when she fell down. And what about the voice of Chise.......it's the same girl who was doing Index? O_O I though Kugimiya, Rie would be perfect for it since Chise now somehow got the light bulb light in my head about her being more like Louise from Zero no Tsukaima.....well a little like that. BTW why the hate for Chise most people people don't like Serizawa last I heard and now it's Chise........
Not that he was too stupid. That moment was so over-the-top with cheap drama that I laughed and raged at the same time.

About Chise; that little fucker! Well, people generally dislike that type of character. The spoiled rich loli bitch type. Simple.
May 6, 2010 3:08 AM

Aug 2009
cr4sian_phil said:

Yet another person who doesn't realize this is based off a series of light novels....
May 6, 2010 3:11 AM

Aug 2008
Maximatum99 said:
Not that he was too stupid. That moment was so over-the-top with cheap drama that I laughed and raged at the same time.
Minus the laughed and raged, I was like, "Oh, there goes another typical drama I've seen countless of times."

Kicco said:
The ending <3
+1 and their swimsuits.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
May 6, 2010 5:09 AM

Jan 2008
Zero009 said:
Charliehsv said:

This and...

MorningGlory said:
Nyaaaaa ^^

This ^^

Word up.
Parents, stay with your kids until they're at least 16-17 (at that age they want to get rid of you anyway) in order to avoid them becoming spoiled brats who think they're the centre of the world and have to get anything they have a passing fancy for. GOD I hate those kind of people.
Dem clubcards are big..

http://ilyasviel.mybrute.com
May 6, 2010 5:30 AM

Dec 2007
Well at least it can't get worse from the last episode.

Oh wait.

May 6, 2010 5:43 AM

Jun 2008
The basic questions still haven't been answered. Who are these people? Why should we care about them? Why should we put up with their annoying behaviour when there hasn't been any character development? More importantly, what the hell is going on? Why is this show so bad? Can I kill it now? Perhaps twice?
May 6, 2010 5:46 AM
Jun 2008
SentiNel said:
Zero009 said:
Charliehsv said:

This and...

MorningGlory said:
Nyaaaaa ^^

This ^^

Word up.
Parents, stay with your kids until they're at least 16-17 (at that age they want to get rid of you anyway) in order to avoid them becoming spoiled brats who think they're the centre of the world and have to get anything they have a passing fancy for. GOD I hate those kind of people.
People rich ; busy at work ; no time for children ; or even care more money than children ;
( Rich Parent might sometimes think that the more money they earn the more love they gonna receive from their children.During when the rich parent are young and poor,money is the only thing that is lacking and needed but what they receive from parent is only love...when they grown up(the parent) ,they thought that money (the thing the they needed while they are young) is the only thing their children needed.

...I hope you understand this because i have the feeling that the way i write is unbearable the read due to grammar mistake LOL
)
.......It is a very common setting for rich people.Don't blame her parent.
May 6, 2010 6:26 AM

Oct 2009
although the series not that good, i liked this episode
ah ofc for swimsuits :D
Chise always annoying but she is really lonely girl.. a bit cute when she cried
May 6, 2010 6:55 AM

May 2008
This show is getting better and better i love this !

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 6, 2010 7:40 AM

Jun 2009
Grmo said:
The basic questions still haven't been answered. Who are these people? Why should we care about them? Why should we put up with their annoying behaviour when there hasn't been any character development?

Couldn't have put it better myself. There really is nothing in the show to make me care about the characters.

Takumi's character particularly annoys me. One minute he's a strong guy who knows exactly what to say in the situation. The next he's breaking down because he didn't realise something. Continuity too much to ask for?

Sadly even the "nyaa" moments are losing their impact on me.

May 6, 2010 8:13 AM

Mar 2008
It was better than last week....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2010 9:03 AM

Apr 2009
Maximatum99 said:

This pretty much describes this series right now:

They could be wrong of course.
May 6, 2010 9:07 AM

Jan 2009
Chise should become a yandere. That would possibly save her from being annoying.
Anyway, Kaho combined with Nozomi makes up for most of the downs in this anime~

Also. Why are all male leads in all harem anime at one or many times mentally unstable? (Can't phrase it good at all, because.. Well I don't know, but anyway xD)
Damn wussies, all of 'em. (Except for Sai in Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou : D)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 6, 2010 9:20 AM

Aug 2009
Oosran said:

Hell yeah. Sai's a pimp.

I'm not sure whether to call School Days' Makoto a wuss or the most successful harem lead ever....
May 6, 2010 9:42 AM

Jan 2009
garfield15 said:
Oosran said:

Hell yeah. Sai's a pimp.

I'm not sure whether to call School Days' Makoto a wuss or the most successful harem lead ever....
Oh right, there's Makoto as well..
Ah well
so can't really call him successful now can we? xD
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 6, 2010 9:46 AM

Nov 2008
It was an ok episode but the ending was interesting.

But I don't get what Kaho is trying to do. It seems like she likes to manipulate, I'm looking forward to what she might do.
May 6, 2010 10:16 AM

Jun 2009
- Kaho's an example of great ojou-sama.
- That idiot opened her own shop, i didn't like her from the start. Shoul i start hating her?
- Huh, Takumi held hand to her, and she fall in love with him. LAME.
- Kaho's way of speaking + her voice... she's a pure win. ^^ But using "-sama" with every person's name annoys me a bit.
- And number 6 is the winner, at least for me. ^^

Pretty good episode. But Satou and Suzuki at the end were made using 3D graphics once again. It looks bad, they shouldn't use it any more.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
May 6, 2010 10:33 AM

Aug 2009
kaminakun said:
It was better than last week....

This ^^

May 6, 2010 11:19 AM

Apr 2010
Wasn't incredibly impressed. Still, it was ok
May 6, 2010 11:35 AM

Jul 2009
*sigh* another pathetic episode. But on the bright side, this was a bit better than the last which was absolute crap.

And what happened to the spoiled brat's breasts? One day they're big... then the next day they're small?

O_o
May 6, 2010 1:22 PM

Aug 2009
WoofSadaharu said:

And what happened to the spoiled brat's breasts? One day they're big... then the next day they're small?

O_o

Director changes! Gotta love the consistency!
Demon_Acker said:

That was funny.

As for the episode itself, it was better than last week, I'll give it that. And we did get some kind of development (or something) from the characters but it's still giving me that "There's nothing really interesting going on here" vibe. I notice Nozomi's showing more emotions now.
May 6, 2010 1:25 PM

Aug 2008
Better than the previous episode... still doesn't change the fact that this series isn't very good. Oh well, I had some laughs here and there, I suppose. I guess I'm one of the few who kind of felt for Chise during some moments in this episode? Also, Chikumaen feels like a completely different person in this episode. In the previous one, she was some ecchi slut; but in this one, she's some malicious friend toying with both parties' feelings (at least that's what it seems like to me)

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
May 6, 2010 2:53 PM

Aug 2009
Ugh, I wasn't a fan of this episode. The series really needs to just go comedy because it can't do drama at all. Ep 4 was absolutely brilliant but this ep was just... ugh.

That bit where Takumi realized what Chise was doing and started crying, I had to pause the video and just close my eyes for a second and I was ready to stop the episode right there. Drama does not suit this series.

It had a few good laughs ("You schemer", lol), that's what they should stick to, is comedy.

*EDIT* reading through this topic, lots of people seemed to dislike Ep 4. Really? Really? Ep 4 was the best damn ep of the series. What about it did people not like? It was incredible. If the whole series were like that this would be a 10 in my books.
HexrapperMay 6, 2010 2:56 PM
May 6, 2010 3:54 PM

Aug 2008
I'm guessing they will keep up the emotional rollercoaster for the rest of the show.

Maximatum99 said:
That moment was so over-the-top with cheap drama that I laughed and raged at the same time.
Nyaaa.

Demon_Acker said:
Nyaaa.
May 6, 2010 4:04 PM
May 2009
The episode was alright not the best and certainly not the worst I've seen definitely better than last week's episode
May 6, 2010 5:15 PM

Jan 2010
Who were those guys at the end?
May 6, 2010 5:19 PM

Apr 2009
werr-y said:
Who were those guys at the end?
The baseball or whatever team that wanted Otome to participate in the swimsuit contest in the first place.
May 6, 2010 5:43 PM

Jul 2009
Disappointed episode...i told you the manga's arc is better, Takumi kneeling over Kaho is bad,

I'm waiting for Fumino to slap that spoiled brat..but never happened!, what's wrong with Fumino!!!
May 6, 2010 7:06 PM

Jul 2008
so close, if only she was a few seconds late with the towel! looks like misunderstandings on both sides
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
May 6, 2010 8:17 PM
Feb 2009
wish next episode would be better
May 6, 2010 9:44 PM

Dec 2008
Demon_Acker said:
Maximatum99 said:

They could be wrong of course.

This.

Why do I feel like I couldnt give two shits about these characters (theyre orphans, and I dont give a shit... thats hard to do) ? Why do I feel like this is getting worse every episode? Why does the OP make my ears bleed? Why do I have something against dropping series? Why is this anime so bad? Why couldnt they have used the money that was spent to make this godawful series to help real orphans or feed starving children or something? WHY? WHY? WHY?
May 6, 2010 10:53 PM

Jul 2008
We go from a really random episode to a episode full of character development? What will we have next episode? Gigantic mechas? XD
May 6, 2010 11:46 PM

Sep 2009
Thank god it's better than last week. I can tolerate this. So far though....this show isn't as good as many other currently airing shows.

Nozomi seems pretty insignificant right now. I thought she would be the character driving this show after having read the synopsis. I guess they will give her attention later (hopefully).
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mayoi Neko Overrun! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Apr 20, 2010

90 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:26 PM

Poll: » Mayoi Neko Overrun! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Jun 15, 2010

82 by antoninus_v »»
Aug 3, 2023 6:26 PM

» Where can i watch this

Probs - Aug 13, 2022

2 by MailPerson »»
Aug 13, 2022 10:37 PM

Poll: » Mayoi Neko Overrun! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cr4sian_phil - May 18, 2010

198 by INVICTVS »»
Jul 15, 2022 1:03 PM

» Anyone else find this show criminally underrated?

kelzoldyck - Apr 18, 2021

5 by asiank0ala »»
Mar 31, 2022 3:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.