Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2022 12:10 PM

Jul 2017
Junpei, in the spirit of ballet, is slowly being corrected to become more like a professional. That's what Granny Tsumamura has warned him to drop his ego and be more infused with the art of ballet.

Being students in the prestige class, Kotobuki brings both Junpei and Luou to watch Oikawa School's Romeo and Juliet, and with ballet, it's Russian elegance and SS class of students put on stage. But Junpei stumbling his objective not to go for the SS scholarship but rather earn Chizuru's reputation back, and Luou stepped on a landmine for the 2 students (Misaki, Yamato) to challenge them both on a pedestal to stay or leave.

Using the Godal Ballet School for the audience and Ali's Piroulette from Le Corsaire as the piece, it's never a good idea to compete popularity vs. skill, and Luou ultimately proved the 2 guys wrong with a much more elegant Ali pirouette, all without moving his position from the designated spot. That's the mark of a pro ballet, but Misaki sure is sus to find out Luou's hideous past.

Having friends whom can also do ballet, it's a wonderful feeling, and their individual dreams are worth pursuing for. But a Danseur Noble is a high achievement, and Luou is adamant to reaching that level.
May 20, 2022 12:24 PM
Sep 2015
I'm glad this episode shows those boys can have a normal school life moment, even if their lives are not in a normal path at all, especially Luou. They're not even in a highschool stage, they deserve to have fun with their friends!
May 20, 2022 12:35 PM

Jul 2011
Luou keeps being moved by how riled up he is.

Is good that Junpei and Luou are making friends. Even if the Misaki guy looks shady.
May 20, 2022 1:51 PM

Jun 2021
Ahhh Prokofiev! Love Romeo and Juliet.

The pirouette match was kind of juvenile but it was a great way to showcase their abilities and personalities. So proud of Junpei for showing restraint and control in both his dance and interactions with the other students.

Also I absolutely love how Junpei is Ruou's #1 fan.
May 20, 2022 2:19 PM

Nov 2016
Monkey boy and Luou made friends after flexing their skills. Yamato and Misaki are really not bad at all, even giant earlobe is a nice dude xD

This was yet another episode that flew by. The sports anime flair was top notch.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 20, 2022 2:22 PM
Jun 2021
So cute! Junpei actually learns to respect the history and precision of ballet. Love all the boys bonding. Junpei cheerleads for Luou/Ruou so much! Adorable
May 20, 2022 4:22 PM
Aug 2020
I never thought I would like a show about ballet. This has been a great show so far. Jumpei and Luou finally have a friend group to hang out with too.
May 20, 2022 4:46 PM

Aug 2021
There is a rivalry there, the truth is that now Junpei takes more care of the bases and only corrects when necessary, Ruo is always outstanding in what he does and there is a certain friendship there, let's see what happens.
May 20, 2022 6:32 PM
Mar 2022
I gotta love Luou and Jumpei’s friendship they are both so cute. I really like how Jumpei cheers Luou on and how Luou has become attached to Jumpei to some degree
May 20, 2022 7:01 PM
Sep 2021
me in that moment
"go Luou, smash them all with your ballet🗿🗿"

May 20, 2022 7:10 PM

Dec 2020
aww they're friends and are all hanging out now lol that was pretty cute. luou suddenly lashing out was kinda 😧 but i understand why he reacted like that. like he said, he was molded into this perfect ballet guy most of his life even tho he wasn't made for it. he's suffered amd suffered, its basically the only thing he has so ofc he'd be annoyed when this dude who "doesn't understand nor can imagine his pain" and has only learned it for 3 months suddenly "gets" to say the same thing as him

that girl who called junpei "monkey boy" was kinda cute lol, hope we'll be seeing more of her. and basket dude wanting to marry his girlfriend helloooo😭😭 MY STANDARDS ARE SO LOW!!!!! ICB I WENT "AWW" TO THAT. but it Was p cute....

green eyed dude is kinnnda scary😅😅😅 and he knows of luou's past now as well as his moms' so . oof
May 20, 2022 7:33 PM
Aug 2020
Surely there'll be a second season, I feel like it would be hard to fit everything that I believe is still left into 4 more episodes....what does everyone think.?
May 20, 2022 9:01 PM
Jun 2019
The dude who stared at them when they were playing in the pond? gives a major antagonist vibe.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
May 21, 2022 1:56 AM
Nov 2016
seriously, This series deserves more popularity! It's too good!

Jumpei and Luou finally have a group of friends who share their own passion for ballet. Also, I'm glad Luou is slowly opening up to Jumpei and the other guys. I still don't trust Misaki though

melodyily said:
Surely there'll be a second season, I feel like it would be hard to fit everything that I believe is still left into 4 more episodes....what does everyone think.?

I DO HOPE IT WILL GET A SEASON 2! I NEED MORE!
I wonder how it's doing in Japan. Hopefully Mappa will bless us with a season2 and 3 :D
May 21, 2022 2:43 AM

Jun 2019
Another amazing episode. This time, we saw some new characters who potentially might be their friends or rivals. Who knows? For now, they're dancing together and learning. I love it. Junpei is still not clear about his goal which is totally fine as Luou said.

I love the dance animation a lot. Every time, the FPS goes up during the dance scene making them look so fluid. Ah... Great episode.
May 21, 2022 3:07 AM

May 2021
Shinpei's making some good progress in ballet. Good, but he's yet to reach the mirror.

A small clash with two other boys, but it is resolved rather peacefully and Luou's SS-tier performance even made them friends. Really like their interactions.

And as usual, the dance choreography is just amazing to behold.

May 21, 2022 3:48 AM

Mar 2016
Very interesting observation by Misaki about teachers correcting those who desire to improve. I have seen some stories where people treat corrections by teachers like it's a personal grudge, and it annoys me.

I like how the characters actually go and see ballet performances. It really makes them look like they love ballet.

Yamato and Misaki had kind of hard to understand accents that I had to depend on subtitles whenever they spoke.

Luou's scenes are decreasing. That is sad. I like him the most.

Why is Miyako here as well! Here I was finally being happy that the boys were in a place where Miyako didn't exist. She weakens Junpei's otherwise interesting character thematically.
May 21, 2022 6:30 AM

Oct 2016
Pretty funny how quickly likeable Yamato became after that whole fiasco. Like, no hard feelings, now they're bros lmao. Misaki's still pretty sus though.

Loving how Junpei and Luou's weird friendship is growing.

The boys dancing at the park at the end was fucking beautiful. Really looking forward to the next episode.
May 21, 2022 7:08 PM

Jan 2017
Another great episode, I'm still surprised a ballet anime became one of my favorite in the season, just wait the end of this season to start the manga.

Ruou really change when his competitive mode appear, and Junpei being his #1 fan is really funny.

It's good to see they're having fun like a normal teenagers sometimes, but this Misaki guy is kinda shady for real.

I hope we have a season 2.
[/url]
May 21, 2022 8:59 PM

Jan 2021
The poll is amazing literally nobody voted for 3 and under what the heck!? The fanbase is loyal with this show.

That dude standing on the pillar does look evil and it seems like he's going to pull a sneaky on Luau.
May 22, 2022 7:42 AM

Oct 2008
Luou's bitter against Jumpei because of how fast the improvement of Jumpei compared to him it was a brutal 10 years from her Granma who treated him like a slave! damn!
but that spin performance by Luou was top of the line and impressed everyone! even the ones who started the argument!
5/5.

May 22, 2022 12:14 PM

Aug 2019
Junpei is learning more and more.

He’s improving fast
May 22, 2022 7:04 PM
Mar 2015
Luou really showed them
May 22, 2022 7:14 PM

Jul 2016
For a middle-schooler who knows how to fight, Junpei is surprisingly calm when it comes to random idiots provoking him. I mean, they are friends now but that Yamato boy was seriously asking for a beating earlier on.

So Misaki has targeted Luou, huh?
May 23, 2022 1:01 AM

May 2009
Gosh how I wish this show was 24+ episodes...
The pace is WAY. TOO. FAST.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
May 24, 2022 10:29 PM

Dec 2016
I love how Yamato went from being unlikable to the most likeable character in just a few minutes XD

I'm glad that they are making friends now and it's good to see some different sides of Luou.
May 27, 2022 10:35 AM
Apr 2016
Where's Episode 8's discussion?
Jun 14, 2022 7:54 PM

Aug 2018
They challenged them, Junpei was able to do it and Ruo shut their mouths. And then they became friends xd. Although Misaki, hmm.
Well, let's see what happens. Good chapter.
Jun 29, 2022 5:36 PM

Oct 2019
Not sure about yall but i like this whole ordeal of the MC having the body for dance despite not having the basics vs those who have had to train for years despite not having as good qualities such as him.
Additionally, this tension reminds me of this seasons Aoashi. People who have dedicated their livelihood to join this special class, just to have some people picked off from the street barge in and cause a ruckus.
Very entertaining.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Jul 1, 2022 9:57 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It's getting interesting with the other ones from the group, they all have goals and they're all talented (that little contest is the proof lol)
Sep 4, 2022 6:35 PM

Aug 2015
Ballet dance battle was interesting. I was worried with the attitudes of the other two boys, but it looks like we will just have to keep an eye on Misaki. Anyway, Luou is adorable when he gets competitive or excited, it's fun seeing his reactions ^^ (And it's always sad seeing how Luou's grandmother treated him :( ).
Oct 7, 2022 9:16 AM
Jan 2022
Beautiful episode guys great
Dec 22, 2022 9:39 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
new friends in the dance school!!!

2.000 kalories, amazing!!!! kekeke
Feb 1, 11:10 PM

Feb 2019
okay, that guy's kinda creepy and up to no good. is he jealous of luou's natural talent or something? actually, his talent didn't come naturally, but regardless, i have a bad feeling about that guy's intentions.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dance Dance Danseur Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 17, 2022

88 by Hoshi14 »»
Apr 21, 7:19 AM

Poll: » Dance Dance Danseur Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 3, 2022

45 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Feb 1, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Dance Dance Danseur Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 27, 2022

59 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Feb 1, 11:29 PM

Poll: » Dance Dance Danseur Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 13, 2022

30 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Feb 1, 10:42 PM

Poll: » Dance Dance Danseur Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 6, 2022

62 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Feb 1, 10:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.