Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 26, 2022 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
Heh, maybe Echidna and her drinking habits. Leo himself is also getting more attention for his feats in recent episodes.

It's kind of weird how they spend a decent amount of the episode with a toasting party. Nothing really special but seems like it's this anime's way for a breather type of episode.
Apr 26, 2022 7:55 AM

Jul 2017
Leo's nightmare about both his past life and that Echidna is inching closely towards his real disguise, that's a double whammy if it truly happened.

And what ended up happening...is a scrumptious feast between both Echidna and Leo in his Black Knight Onyx form that thankfully with her drunk state isn't able to recognize him. And as is with earthly formalities, he uses every tip and trick of the trade to try to render Echidna drunk till she drops...and that's not quite enough for her as a drunken stupor heavyweight.

This "drinking party from hell" sure doesn't stop, and both Leo and Echidna traded blows especially when his topic comes up to talk trash. This Philosopher's Stone stuff ain't all that interesting, but when used for propaganda then it serves a purpose, other than it being a case use for the Demon Army to cleanse their lands and be rid of conflict a.k.a the reverse Realist Hero way.

It's rare to hear a demon acknowledge heroes like Leo whom have a duty to save humanity from demons, that's their calling if they were outright to be labelled as evil anyways to carry out their own calling as well. And boy was Leo about to reveal himself to Echidna when both Mernes and Edvard left just like that to train themselves up, a bummer lols.

A back-breather episode, but still really interesting nonetheless...of how this failed hero rebuilt a demon kingdom. Genuity in simplicity.
Apr 26, 2022 8:43 AM
Nov 2010
When I saw the start of this episode, I was like wondering if I was watching the wrong anime lol. Suddenly, Leo was like isekai-ed or something?? lol. That nightmare might have something to do with the later part of the plot, and I'm definitely intrigued now.

Also, I love the interaction between Echidna and Leo in this episode even though Echidna doesn't know who Leo is yet. This episode I'd say is a lot better than the previous episodes as there is actual progress.
Apr 26, 2022 8:48 AM
Jul 2021
eplipswich said:
When I saw the start of this episode, I was like wondering if I was watching the wrong anime lol. Suddenly, Leo was like isekai-ed or something?? lol. That nightmare might have something to do with the later part of the plot, and I'm definitely intrigued now.

Also, I love the interaction between Echidna and Leo in this episode even though Echidna doesn't know who Leo is yet. This episode I'd say is a lot better than the previous episodes as there is actual progress.

i give you a clue :
RedCobra75Apr 26, 2022 8:55 AM
Apr 26, 2022 8:49 AM

Mar 2021
  • Hero joining the demon lord army,
  • "My goal is to save the Demons who live in Netherworld, because its a hell. Survival rate is nil and demons fight and kill each other to live",
  • "To achieve an existable place for the demons, I united them and invaded human world, in an attempt to co-exist by finding the philosopher's stone",

Where have I heard these lines and scenarios before???

Hmmm.....

Oh yes.... This is the plot of "The devil is a part-timer!!" with gender reversal in the main cast.
Apr 26, 2022 9:02 AM
Sep 2020
This episode was a tutorial of how to get your boss drunk for a bigger position.

So the real reason for the demon queen to make war is actually a reasonable reason, to protect her subordinates.
Apr 26, 2022 9:05 AM
Sep 2015
I'm wondering if the Philosopher Stone's true power is it can move you to another world, for example, it moves our MC from the world in his dream to the current world.
Apr 26, 2022 9:25 AM
Jan 2021
I don’t know why, but Echidna has somehow been waifu of the season for me since episode 1, and she keeps getting better
Apr 26, 2022 9:41 AM

Jun 2021
Echinda is a cultured drinker. After getting merry, she start drinking straight from the bottle.

Well, That's always a power move. -NEAT SOCIETY.
Apr 26, 2022 9:56 AM

Feb 2019
Funny how echidna sounds more human than most humans. Very kind person in truth. Was nice to get a glimpse into her mind and motives this episode, hopefully she fully accepts Leo without any disguises soon, lol. One of the underrated waifus of the season for sure.
Apr 26, 2022 10:10 AM
Nov 2017
Nice episode. Good mix of comedy and seriousness. We learned very little about Leo's past life giving him some more character development together with thoughts about Echidna's motives. That gave her some good character development even though we haven't seen her in 3 episodes. Anime-style interruption and lines at the end.
Apr 26, 2022 10:52 AM

Oct 2017
What's up with the two generals. Not enough Steina this episode.
Apr 26, 2022 11:03 AM

May 2021
Great episode! We now know Echidna had good intentions of using the philosophers stone to fix her homeland and she doesn't hate the hero Leo, saving humanity was his job after all...

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Apr 26, 2022 11:18 AM

Jul 2015
Ya know.. I really think the anime would be more interesting if it was executed better..

The start of this episode had me checking if I was watching right anime xD..
Tho its making plot interesting..
A fairly bit comedic episode with some serious tone world building..

The anime is still 6.5/10 for me..
But good waifus.. and the MC isn't dumb dumb..
Apr 26, 2022 11:38 AM

Jul 2014
eplipswich said:
I mean I would also be like that but it wasn't the first time. There was a time before when a goblin shouted something at him at that world so I already knew there was something weird.
Apr 26, 2022 11:43 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Bru whats up with those double birb-bat scene? Then, wait a minute, there's a helicopter? So its not your typical fantasy setting of world after all! Perhaps ... But look at all those looks. No wonder Leo left them, but ofc its too late from the later event, right? There, another working mode 101 tutorial. Ofc its ended fail to Leo xd. But wait, Leo can even changed his face? Damn, too op man. Well, at least i could hear Echidna motivation to invade, retriving those stone from the op to save her own world. I feel like this can be easily done when Leo can steling it away from the capital, since Leo still at least had an access to the stone, right, if i am remembering it correctly. He even already thinking about to tell her right the plan! However, something happened to the other general. Sounds like a mere sulk, since both are a just a teenager and one old man. Still dunno man, and their union reaction kinda me at this point xd....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 26, 2022 11:51 AM
Jan 2022
Whoa! This anime is pretty popular for not being on any streaming platforms! That's pretty cool!! (I'm no critic)
Apr 26, 2022 11:58 AM
Oct 2019
"I am a failure, I'm going to go kill myself." Same bro, same.
Apr 26, 2022 12:15 PM
Apr 2020
Leo needs to reveal himself soon
Apr 26, 2022 12:31 PM

May 2018
Echidna is nice but an idiot
Apr 26, 2022 2:04 PM

Mar 2018
Echidna seems cool and reasonable; though, if what Leo said was true then her dream will never be realized.
Apr 26, 2022 2:07 PM
Mar 2021
RedCobra75 said:
eplipswich said:

i give you a clue :

hmmm that's kind of cool actually

anyway, I'm continuing to enjoy this, but it's definitely clear it could be handled better by a more competent studio. Dialogue scenes are framed in the most bog standard way, with less energy than they could have. Also, Leo seems upset and stressed, but the scene doesn't adequately communicate why he should be so uncomfortable. This show is honestly worth watching as a clinic in how a mediocre studio can fail to elevate its source material. I think to whatever extent it's succeeding it's because the source material must be solid, and the studio isn't quite bad enough to totally fumble everything. It is just so obviously on a low budget done by people who aren't especially passionate about the production.
Apr 26, 2022 2:47 PM

Nov 2011
Echidna Goated drinker lol.

Great episode. It was nice to see Echidna open up about her true goals. I like that it took a few episodes and was not an immediate scene.

I like how it was serious and then BAM back to pure comedy at the end. Waiting for the Day Leo opens up as well.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 26, 2022 2:53 PM

Nov 2017
I get a feeling Echidna/The Demon King doesn't like Leo/The Hero very much
Apr 26, 2022 3:01 PM
May 2021
It was pretty nice today also

Apr 26, 2022 3:17 PM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows Leo having a nightmare because he would have to meet the person who hates him the most in his whole life because he defeated her but she ends up showing her goal, which is to get the philosopher's stone to turn the demon realm into a beautiful place
Apr 26, 2022 4:10 PM

Dec 2014
A was getting worry that they were taking a lot of time in showing us both protagonists interact but it was worth it.

I really didn't expect the episode to go like it went but it was a good surprise.
Apr 26, 2022 4:32 PM

Nov 2017
I guess if Leon hadn't shown those "chefs"how to cook,we'd have seen them eating RAT-ONNA-STICK! instead of that feast they had.
Nice to see Echidna being open,and drunk :)
Apr 26, 2022 4:37 PM

Nov 2009
I still get confused whenever the Hero does his flashbacks (or nightmare, same either way)

Still can't keep up with how everything we're looking at is a fantasy world with castles, kings, villages and magic... then the flashbacks keeps on showing us modern world skyscrapers, vehicles and next to no magic, etc etc... LOL

___ ___ ___

And then we got the Hero showing us examples of how to be smooth at parties or escape parties, LOL

But met with unexpected resistance that Echidna's a heavy drinker.

Kinda funny how all the Hero did was change his hair and fooled Echidna, LOL

Also, we now know the Demon Queen's decision to invade... to get the stone, cause the Demon World is literally SHIT.

Tho... I wonder if they could just find another one... since the Hero literally said he also "used another one" before... meaning there's most likely multiple philosopher's stone lying around the Human World.

Which would mean if the Demon Queen and Hero both knew about each other and the reasons... there would be no need for any invasion or fighting... they just needed to work out a trade between each other.

___ ___ ___

Meanwhile... the other tops seems to be having some trouble...

2 of them apparently decide to go full EMO, where 1 runs away from home while the other one /wrist

and 1 of them seems to be constantly thinking about the hero... hmmm....

the other little furry is still just running around having fun, so innocent...

Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 26, 2022 5:00 PM

Aug 2020
almost! Leo and Echidna should've understood each other back then. That was a good episode, with all the talking, it was worth

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Apr 26, 2022 5:38 PM

Jan 2021
Man in Leo's past life he was also a black haired swordsman that was OP. Dang dude... is he like a constantly reincarnated hero or something.

We finally found the Queen's true intentions and as expected she's not really a bad guy.

Can't wait to see the next episode to deal with the runaway and the suicide happy guy.
Apr 26, 2022 5:46 PM

Jan 2013
What an episode! Now we know Echidna's objectives and what she plans to do and ofc Leo will want to follow her even more xD

Can't wait for the next episode!

Oh and also, i do wonder what was that dream he had.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 26, 2022 5:47 PM

Jan 2013
PurpleMagic said:
Man in Leo's past life he was also a black haired swordsman that was OP. Dang dude... is he like a constantly reincarnated hero or something.

That would make some sense, but damn still.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 26, 2022 6:31 PM
Nov 2010
LeviathanTheEsp said:
I mean I would also be like that but it wasn't the first time. There was a time before when a goblin shouted something at him at that world so I already knew there was something weird.

Oh yeah, I totally didn't pay attention to the start of episode 1, where there were like run-down modern buildings and such. And that guy who shouted, I actually thought he was a human ^^" (because it was hard to tell at first with the close-up shot).
Apr 26, 2022 7:20 PM

Nov 2009
PurpleMagic said:

reminds me of BokuHero's "One For All" where skills are passed down to next carrier.

In this case, maybe the hero got so strong is cause he was constantly reincarnated with all his past skills, and over time it racks up until he become OP.

___ ___ ___

Tho, I really doubt that's the case, I think the hero was just born with talent.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 26, 2022 7:53 PM

Mar 2013
Great episode! Such a heartwarming story!
I also love the ED, it reminds me of OreGairu's theme song... 🥰🥰🥰 Yahallo...?! XD
CrazyButNot4UApr 26, 2022 7:58 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 27, 2022 12:05 AM

May 2018
When you learn that devil is more human than human themselves, then you know the world is not fine at all

I'm actually touched by Echidna's word and her goals for better demon world
Apr 27, 2022 1:26 AM

Mar 2010
Echinda is super cute and it is really nice to see her and the demons backstory. I hope mc can help out the bois next episodes.
Apr 27, 2022 2:02 AM

Jun 2016
I don't know who is better shy succubus or Echidna. :)
Apr 27, 2022 2:36 AM
Jun 2021
Drink party tips from the hero himself :> Looks like he nearly exposed himself but look who jumped in... :>
Apr 27, 2022 4:54 AM

Nov 2013
pretty nice episode , echidna is quite funny when drunk and ofc she has a great goal in mind, unlike many stupid villains lol

that ending tho, i guess the guy wanting to go on a break/adventure is one thing, but the big dragon guy part made no sense lol

when i saw the girls appearing i was like, Lily gonna call his name :v
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Apr 27, 2022 6:34 AM
Mar 2012
Leo didn't get Echidna tea but did get wine.
Nice tips on socializing with boss.
I like the drunk but genuine talk & her end goal.
lol these generals wth
Apr 27, 2022 7:13 AM

May 2021
I already knew Echidna had the interests of her people in heart but it was nice to see her acknowledge Leo for doing his duty.

Apr 27, 2022 7:26 AM

Feb 2021
When the moment of truth is going to come, there is always something that withstand whether it was incident or else XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 27, 2022 7:58 AM
Jul 2020
Not too bad, the comedy between Echidna and Leo is quite fun.

Apr 27, 2022 8:33 AM

Apr 2021
I wonder if Leo was a reincarnated hero based from the nightmare that he had.

I was touched with Echidna in this ep. She's too kind to be called a Demon Queen. She's more humane than the actual human on that world lmao.

Apr 27, 2022 11:48 AM

Aug 2017
Demon lords sure can drink a fuck ton

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Apr 27, 2022 12:29 PM

Jun 2016
damnn what a hard choices who is the best between echidna and succubus after watched this episode !!

echidna too precious and adorable ..
Apr 27, 2022 1:51 PM

Mar 2014
Boring ep, while the start was pretty surprising with what seems like a place in the modern era and with serious tone but it was completely drowned with the unfunny and pointless jokes and talking they did most of the time between Leon and Echidna
RedChromeApr 27, 2022 1:55 PM
Apr 27, 2022 1:54 PM

Mar 2014
Aluminum_ said:
I wonder if Leo was a reincarnated hero based from the nightmare that he had.

That would be interesting but if he had some kind of tragic sad backstory I couldn't take it seriously because of the excessive jokes in the series
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2022

77 by vkopuzoglu »»
Apr 25, 7:53 AM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2022

136 by James_xeno »»
Mar 28, 2:23 PM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2022

59 by James_xeno »»
Mar 28, 2:19 PM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 3, 2022

46 by Monmon0110 »»
Mar 7, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2022

84 by Monmon0110 »»
Mar 1, 12:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.