Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 25, 2022 10:30 PM

Nov 2018
Chuuni is the archetype that annoys me the most...but Nakanaka sure is cute when she's not being a spaz. Top ranking deserved, imo, particularly considering the fantasy last ep didn't involve any chuuni-ness.
Apr 26, 2022 2:40 PM

Dec 2018
Best episode so far!(2nd season)
Katai scene is so funny! It's really making me holding laugh watching it.
The guessing Komi feeling part I got 1 correct, the 'I want to join' part. Hehehe
Tadano is so loveable in this episode.

Apr 26, 2022 9:34 PM

Jun 2021
Our boy Tadano is growing! Not even a "do you wanna hang out" but a confident "let's hang out together". The power of sweet potatoes.

Also I agree with Najimi. I do not want the misunderstanding between Katai and Komi to end this early.
Apr 26, 2022 10:18 PM
Mar 2012
The Onemine & Otori skits are amazing. Komi drama doesn't sound like herself but cool guard role.
Katai gaining friends nice to see.
Funny how Tadano pov recaps the festival.
Apr 27, 2022 7:26 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Holy shit, Nakanaka and Yamai always fight like a crazy cat and dog. Why don't you girls take it easy, get along for once and be a couple already? That will be more better...
xd

Boys fantasies return, finally Komi-san couldn't avoid getting framed there, even if its just on a historical drama settings. Though, i must be honest that Katai-kun segment was the most fun part. Amusing to see how the big guy like that sufferred komi sickness with the big misunderstanding like that. Thanks to Tadano-kun ability to read mind, and his easygoing personality, they both master and disciple, finally could sit in one place together, and sign those book. Yey!

Then damn, the last part giving me such a chill and cheer at the same time. First step forward. Roasted potatoes save Tadano day!

Winter break coming through, and the ed really grew much on me...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 27, 2022 9:51 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So it actually ended with Katai eating with all of them and finally a friend of Komi, also so cute when Komi gave the potato to tadano
Apr 27, 2022 11:42 AM
Mar 2021
best ep yet just too good for an episode
Apr 27, 2022 10:22 PM

May 2009
Katai stole the episode for me, SO cute. Tadano being so nice to him makes me happy.
IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED ODDTAXI OR SAIKI K I'LL BONK YOU IN THE HEAD

Apr 28, 2022 8:03 AM

Feb 2021
Those two are still can't interact with each other XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 29, 2022 3:14 AM
Aug 2021
The imagination of Komi friends are entertaining
Apr 29, 2022 11:16 AM

Mar 2015
That sweet potato jingle reminded me this:
Apr 30, 2022 6:29 PM

Aug 2017
Finally the romance subplot is moving ever-so-slightly?

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
May 1, 2022 6:06 PM

Jun 2014
Wait, Japan has random people who drive around selling roasted potatoes from their truck, no different from an ice cream truck? Out of all the weird things in Japan, why does no one talk about this?
May 2, 2022 10:18 AM
Dec 2020
Tadano's sister when she said "I don't know what you're doing but don't shake the bed too much" followed by "going to buy adult mags" when he said he needed some air.
đź—ż
May 4, 2022 2:54 AM

Dec 2016
I agree with them on that Komi-san would be perfect for historical setting.

That scene with Katai-kun was hilarious as well as quite touching. Tadano is a type of friend that every socially awkward people would want to have.
May 4, 2022 7:53 AM

Apr 2020
When the 3 boys pulled out Otori and Onemine plus Komi (drama) fantasies, I am legit flushed how these scenes can play out. And yes Komi went Yor mode in that imagination, and the way she grabbed her knife, that surprised me.

Makoto is back and I almost thought we're having a BL scene when he pulled out the "Aah" trick, Komi has complicated feelings on that. And I can't imagine how I wanted to eat roasted potatoes after watching their scene in the winter night.
May 8, 2022 6:06 PM

Feb 2009
Ownt, couple extreme cuteness. ❤

Tadano-kun ganbare!!
May 11, 2022 10:54 PM
Feb 2022
Rarely vote “loved it” for an episode of anything but it is well deserved on this one
May 16, 2022 11:35 AM

Oct 2017
Tadano my man, you know very well what it is.
May 27, 2022 9:47 AM

May 2018
Komi-san is so meta that even my city gets name dropped
May 29, 2022 8:22 AM
May 2020
got to see a kimono styled komi san who talked when the mandem were having their convo lol
May 31, 2022 10:12 PM

Mar 2016
That last bit was the best part of the entire series thus far! That pushed this episode over the edge!

As far as I'm concerned this was the Tadano MVP episode, that showcases why he's essentially "psychic" towards everyone else. The dude is empathetic as fuck, and you can see it here with every character he interacts with and how he mediates between everyone.

But he's so empathetic, he's outside of his own head more-so than in, hence why he only just *now* introspected a bit to the end of season 1 and why he didn't even realize it himself just how much he felt about Komi. Guy reacted like it was obvious a lot of times before now, but I don't think he even really fully stopped to realize it until just then.

Komi on the other hand is well aware of how she feels about him, and I said it before, Tadano is just too meek and polite to ever put her on the spot like that by confessing, so Komi might have to do it first herself. BUT, we saw a huge first step from him today; doubting to even ask her to hang out, only to then suddenly do it when she gave him that potato. She brings out the best in him, the same way he does for her.

So in time, who knows what the other will inspire in either of them, and I can't wait to see! God, this is like the cutest couple in anime. Definitely my favorite romance.

Not surprised Nakanaka won the fantasy contest though!
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Fight. Like. Hell. For everything and everyone you love. Always.
Jun 8, 2022 12:22 PM
Oct 2017
Alright, I'm going to be honest with you guys but I think I'm gonna drop the series after this, the progression in romance is virtually non existent, Komi has no character development at all (something that you could tell since you saw her dad who is a lot older than her and has the same issue) and the comedy overall is very lackluster.

If you want an anime about shy girls trying to make friends there are a lot better anime like Hitori Bocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu and Kimi ni Todoke, which has an actual romance progression and sweet plot.

If you want anime about quiet characters that attract a lot of people around them there is also a lot better anime like Handa-Kun, Sakamoto desu ga? or the king of them all Saiki Kusuo no Psi-nan.

Having the chibi headed big eyed Komi-san at first was funny, but when 90% we see her like that it just makes her look way too cartoony and deformed to even consider her pretty, the animation doesnt go anywhere further than just give her big eyes.

The characters are annoying, the Yandere lesbian is just incredibly disgusting, the green haired girl that acts like a dog makes me feel bad for her, and most characters aside Najimi and Tadanokun end up acting like a very simple archetype of character and nothing else, they are hollow, so really hollow.

I had so many hopes with this anime and the whole "every student must be unique" narration in s1e1 but this just Anime has proved to be the complete opposite of what it promised to be back then, it is not a heartwarming coming of age comedy story about overcoming your shyness and knowing a lot people that are unique and struggle as much as you, but an empty gag anime with the most dragging on comedy possible. I hate it, I hate everything about this, and I'm done with it.

Kaede Otori is like the cutest girl ever though.
Jun 8, 2022 6:01 PM

Mar 2016
Phixiately said:
Alright, I'm going to be honest with you guys but I think I'm gonna drop the series after this, the progression in romance is virtually non existent, Komi has no character development at all (something that you could tell since you saw her dad who is a lot older than her and has the same issue) and the comedy overall is very lackluster.

If you want an anime about shy girls trying to make friends there are a lot better anime like Hitori Bocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu and Kimi ni Todoke, which has an actual romance progression and sweet plot.

If you want anime about quiet characters that attract a lot of people around them there is also a lot better anime like Handa-Kun, Sakamoto desu ga? or the king of them all Saiki Kusuo no Psi-nan.

Having the chibi headed big eyed Komi-san at first was funny, but when 90% we see her like that it just makes her look way too cartoony and deformed to even consider her pretty, the animation doesnt go anywhere further than just give her big eyes.

The characters are annoying, the Yandere lesbian is just incredibly disgusting, the green haired girl that acts like a dog makes me feel bad for her, and most characters aside Najimi and Tadanokun end up acting like a very simple archetype of character and nothing else, they are hollow, so really hollow.

I had so many hopes with this anime and the whole "every student must be unique" narration in s1e1 but this just Anime has proved to be the complete opposite of what it promised to be back then, it is not a heartwarming coming of age comedy story about overcoming your shyness and knowing a lot people that are unique and struggle as much as you, but an empty gag anime with the most dragging on comedy possible. I hate it, I hate everything about this, and I'm done with it.

Kaede Otori is like the cutest girl ever though.

Looks like in your profile you literally watched and decided to drop season 2 after only watching the first episode of season 1.

Obviously the very impatient type, so it's absolutely no wonder you can't appreciate the slow burn of the relationships of the main character.

I'm amazed you ever got through any anime with that kind of watch schedule. Maybe that's your problem.
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Jun 8, 2022 7:08 PM
Oct 2017
CrimsonCW said:
Looks like in your profile you literally watched and decided to drop season 2 after only watching the first episode of season 1.

Obviously the very impatient type, so it's absolutely no wonder you can't appreciate the slow burn of the relationships of the main character.

I'm amazed you ever got through any anime with that kind of watch schedule. Maybe that's your problem.
No wait that's a mistake of mine, I watched the whole first season. And I like slow burn progression, but here it really shows the author wants to drag things out.
PhixiatelyJun 8, 2022 7:24 PM
Jun 8, 2022 9:12 PM

Mar 2016
Phixiately said:
CrimsonCW said:

No wait that's a mistake of mine, I watched the whole first season. And I like slow burn progression, but here it really shows the author wants to drag things out.

Believe me, I've seen series pointlessly stretched out (try reading the middle section of Prison School; I love that manga but that section alone lowered it a point for me just because of how needless it was); and Komi is nothing even resembling that.

I don't see how you don't see the progression of her; I've been seeing a whole ton of her develop, especially with Tadano.

I guess you either have to know someone like her or have been a timid introvert at one point in your life; just saying though, from experience, I don't see what you see at all here.
CrimsonCWJun 9, 2022 7:55 AM

Jun 12, 2022 1:31 AM

Aug 2018
Nakanaka and Yamai trying to guess what Komi is thinking, a bit complicated because they were thinking something else xd. The guys keep talking about going out with the girls, now adding Onemine and Otori, and thinking a little more about how it would be with Komi (in the imagination it would be the first time Komi talks without being nervous).
Katai trying to invite Tadano to lunch, but not succeeding, although Tadano noticed and went with him. But because of the situation Komi went to watch him, although Katai thought he was watching him. But the situation calmed down and Komi joined in, and then Najimi joined in even though she was also watching them and wanted to see what was going on between Katai and Komi xD. And the final part between Komi and Tadano was nice, let's see what they will do together.
Good chapter.
Jul 2, 2022 7:41 PM

Jan 2019
Every time I think I'm getting tired of this show... it hits me with something beautiful.

Onemine is an interesting character... and could vie for Todano if she REALLY put her mind to it.
Jul 8, 2022 11:22 AM
Jun 2022
A mente de fanfiqueira desse trio supera qualquer um kakakakkakakakka

sim, sim Tadano, continue pensando sobre esses sentimentos.
Jul 31, 2022 10:58 AM

May 2015
Power of sweet potato is beyond me.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 9, 2022 5:01 AM

Mar 2008
Katai is so funny. It was sweet Komi thought of wanting to share some food.
Aug 14, 2022 5:27 AM
Dec 2017
really enjoying the series so far for its cute and funny appeal :D
Aug 28, 2022 4:01 AM

Jan 2021
Boys imagination this time were the best since we got to see the 3 best girls in this school.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Sep 22, 2022 7:03 PM
Sep 2021
I like that Tadano is starting to accept his feelings for Komi. I enjoyed the first part where they try to read Komi's mind. And the end was very wholesome.
Sep 30, 2022 5:12 PM

May 2022
5/5 episode, I love the competition between Nakanaka and Yami, this time they try to guess what Komi is thinking in various situations. If those two weren't crazy, they could have guessed that Komi cares for others despite her communication issues, and she wants to have fun, which is sweet. The group is back at it with the fantasies of which girl to date, and it was pretty nice. Komi's scenario was badass, that kimono and stance with the dagger was awesome. Katai makes a return and wants to have lunch with Tadano while trying to establish a bond, glad that everything worked out well for Katai, Komi, Tadano, and Najimi during lunch. Loved the bonus scene too, Katai is now Komi's friend, hopefully Katai won't be seen as a delinquent by everyone else later on in the series. I hope he makes more friends, it would be to fun to see him hanging out with everyone else. Finally, Tadano (or Chadano) feels embarrassed about having that maid suit on at the festival (it's okay Tadano you are still awesome) and he just wants to hang out with Komi as good friends (otherwise he'll feel bored just like what we saw in the summer arc). Tadano is a genuine, kind, and good natured person looking out for Komi.
Oct 6, 2022 2:13 PM
Nov 2018
more Katai, I love Katai, plus sweet potato
Nov 20, 2022 5:24 AM

Jul 2019
Getting hugged the way Kaede hugged Ninja guy doesn't seem bad at all.
Jan 2, 2023 7:52 AM

Jun 2021
Komi looks badass in that kimono with an armed knife.

Yes... yes. Also, it was amusing how she is perfectly able to talk in other people's imagination, and for context and teased badassery i had flashbacks from Yuugiri during her Zombieland Saga Revenge arc set in 19th century.

For the rest, it wasn't the strongest episode probably... Nakanaka and r.y. plot was already seen even if it didn't last too long as i was becoming afraid of, Katai isn't bad but not also the most interesting classmate, but it was nice to watch Tadano's internal struggle with his feelings for Komi at the end and his sister suddenly appearing just for a random indelicate question. Finally, there was nothing wrong in him crossdressing as a maid and he was actually pulling it off nicely. The sequel of the other classmates having fantasies about dating the girls was also nice, especially the one with Otori that is just so lovable for everything.
Feb 6, 2023 5:45 PM
May 2020
Komi and Makoto BATTLE IT OUT OVER who has the worst case of social anxiety. LOL
Jul 24, 2023 11:33 AM

Apr 2013
Man, those Katai/Komi moments are the highlights of season 2 so far.
Dec 26, 2023 3:32 PM
Aug 2015
The miscommunication madness continues. It's funny and I'm enjoying every single second.
Dec 31, 2023 5:42 AM
Apr 2023
It was fun! Nakanaka is always cute, the scene with Katai was sweet, really liked the part with the potatoes and Tadano realizing ‘something’ about Komi and ye fun episode.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2022

188 by Delixity »»
Apr 19, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2022

151 by kociamatka »»
Apr 17, 9:14 AM

» From where to start manga?

sb-ishan-99 - Feb 27

7 by nec0_0 »»
Feb 29, 4:23 AM

» Is this anime worth getting into?

Konan_Edogawa_ - Apr 10, 2022

33 by CarbonMD »»
Jan 22, 11:48 PM

Poll: » is it even funny? ( 1 2 3 )

TamagoCracker - Apr 15, 2022

109 by CarbonMD »»
Jan 22, 11:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.