Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 15, 2022 12:00 PM

Jul 2014
An episode mostly dedicated to Hayasaka definitely doesn’t disappoint.

ED got me feeling nostalgic.
Apr 15, 2022 12:02 PM
Sep 2015
first part was awesome, karaoke part was funny too but the starship trooper ending got me, i just fkin love kaguya sama^^
Apr 15, 2022 12:02 PM
Feb 2022
Hayasaka sings so well <3 <3 <3 I love her, she also was finely dressed as always. In this episode she was the protagonist of the second half, and Kaguya wanted to make sure Shirogane wouldn't end up finding girls in the karaoke, and after all Ai covered him from this. However, he sang so bad right after it that she felt dizzy, and even Fujiwara flinched xD. The moment Hayasaka and Shinomiya had when talking about their friendship was beautiful. They are like sisters indeed.

Also earlier in this episode, Ishigami and Iino tried to get along by orders of Shirogane, but it was hardest than it appeared. The autotune part was so funny xD

I really liked the new ending with the starship trooper theme; also the opening is good, but I prefered the previous ones.
Apr 15, 2022 12:04 PM

Sep 2020
Shirogane was just all-around oblivious in this episode lmao. I don't know how he thought that Lino and Ishigami were getting along when they said that they liked each other. That was the most forced thing I have ever heard. Clever tactic by Osaragi tho. The second part was the karaoke part. I remember laughing so hard when I read it in the manga, but I didn't get the same feeling while watching it. I guess I knew what was going to happen so the shock factor wasn't there I don't know.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Apr 15, 2022 12:04 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That Starship Troopers ED montage was some of the most glorious animation I've ever seen. Loved it!

Hayasaka supremacy! I was so looking forward to seeing this animated and I was not disappointed. Her seeiyu knocked it out of the park too.

"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 15, 2022 12:08 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Yeah, probably going to be THE ending sequence of the entire year

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 15, 2022 12:23 PM

Jan 2016
That was such a fun episode

Apr 15, 2022 12:27 PM

Jan 2009
And this is what sets Kaguya-sama apart from many romcoms: The somber parts where we delve into the characters in a more serious way.

Hayasaka is such an amazing character, and this episode gave her a big spotlight. Excellently done.
Apr 15, 2022 12:55 PM
Jun 2021
Kaguya Sama just keep getting better and better as you watch it!

I just really want more of it, I can't wait a whole week again to see what is coming next
Apr 15, 2022 12:56 PM
Jun 2021
Kaguya Sama just keeps getting better and better as you watch it!

I just really want more of it, I can't wait a whole week again to see what is coming next
Apr 15, 2022 1:02 PM

Apr 2020
The Friendship and Mixer/Karaoke chapters are pretty good, these two chapters are ones I vividly remember after finishing Season 2 and subsequently reading the manga. And seeing them adapted makes me feel that the rest of the chapters allocated to this season will be improved and adapted properly in more ways than one!

Miko and Ishigami trying to even stay at each other's throats is so funny, it's unreal how they storyboarded these scenes where I can't even believe that some cuts are even seen in the manga. But that karaoke scene is the one that gave me the most fun. Hayasaka!!! yes she is the MVP of this episode, and for most of the time that she's on the screen, it's basically Attack on Kaguya-sama and Shirogane. Some of the lines she says are downright savage, and for a moment she does not give a fuck to her master. Cherry on top though is when Kaguya misunderstood the things she heard in the room, and I just cackled. Finally, when Chika arrived and she heard that Shirogane's singing is trash, yeah those flashbacks are still haunting her. But don't worry, he will come back for another training arc, I can't wait to hear some dondayo rapping again next episode.

Now I want to talk about the ED...it's great. I can't tell what series they're inspired of (maybe Platinum End), but I can appreciate that the theme from S1's ED is back!!! The animation is unreal and Hayasaka looks great plus Kaguya because she's an angel. Lastly, Kaguya waking up Shirogane and smiling to him---no to us, that was very sweet (would like to take a screenshot on her smile). I really enjoyed this episode, you can tell with this wall of text that I typed and sent to----
Apr 15, 2022 1:10 PM

Apr 2019
damn, what an banger. can't wait for the next one. the OP is also so good.

Maybe watching, maybe reading, probably living
Apr 15, 2022 1:26 PM

Apr 2020
I need to know who directed the ending

┌─❈❇❈─┐

└─❈❇❈─┘

Apr 15, 2022 1:27 PM

Jan 2016
i believe it was paul verhoeven
Apr 15, 2022 1:31 PM

Mar 2014
Hayasaka and Shirogane episodes are always goat.

Loved the karaoke bit as well as Kaguya's reactions
Apr 15, 2022 1:33 PM

Oct 2018
Another great episode with the best girl

I LOVE YOU HAYASAKA AI
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Apr 15, 2022 1:39 PM
Sep 2020
The themes tackled in this mini Hayasaka arc are fundamental for the rest of the season so take them in account anime onlys!!
Apr 15, 2022 1:40 PM
Tyrant

Aug 2018

Is ThAt A mOtHeRdUcKiNg JoJo's ReFeReNcE?
Apr 15, 2022 1:51 PM

May 2021
Great episode! The Ishigami-Iino friendship plan xD. Seems Iino can't find any good traits to compliment about him though lol. The ear cleaning positions were...unusual...
Seems the 'you are actually in love with each other if you are mean to each other' plan from Osorogi worked xD. Hayasaka's karaoke was amazing to witness! Hayasaka went along with the seduce Shirogane plan again but...
SHE FAILED?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??! AGAIN?!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!
Seems his rapping was horrible lol.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Apr 15, 2022 1:51 PM

Nov 2019
Iino sounded like Glados in the end.
Imagine normies saying: "Peaky Blinders is mid and overhyped. Just another typical crime drama show. Breaking Bad is much better lol.".
Apr 15, 2022 1:52 PM
Nov 2019
They're really going above and beyond with this adaptation. Stuff like the Ishigami and Iino stuff(the robot voices is such a creative decision to add), the full-on singing at the karaoke, and that ED are things that take an adaptation from good to top-tier.
Apr 15, 2022 1:57 PM

Aug 2021
i was dying the entire episode!! glad to see some of my favourite parts getting animated, bring on more!
Apr 15, 2022 2:00 PM
Jan 2021
The disagreement between Ishigami and Iino still continues in this episode. Some of the missions given to make them close ended up being hilarious, especially how Ishigami lifted Iino using ropes, it was ridiculous lmao. But this disagreement was resolved by Osaragi easily.

And then it continued to Shirogane with his friends going karaoke and Hayasaka back in disguise to keep an eye on Shirogane. I think the funniest part here is Fujiwara getting involved and being deceived by Shinomiya. Then she was reminiscing about his hard times with Shirogane during singing practice lol.
Apr 15, 2022 2:01 PM

Mar 2021
Damn the ED is amazing! Madlads made a whole movie for visuals lol.

I don't usually ship but Ishigami and Iino are so cute, I love their dynamic lol

Hayasaka/Shirogane ep was great!

Apr 15, 2022 2:07 PM
Feb 2021
fujimomi's reaction hits the spot fantasticc episode
Apr 15, 2022 2:11 PM

Jun 2015
Not since I watched Audition have I ever found it hard to keep up with subs and needed to pause, But this show is well worth it. No one won any battles this eps but love the character development.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 15, 2022 2:16 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
The Ishigami-Iino friendship plan seemed to be not working, but when Osaragi pointed out that their feelings was somewhat mutual to a point where they make a good couple, it broke Ishigami and Iino mentally. The Karaoke segment turned out to be another misunderstanding as Hayasaka was monitoring Shirogane going to karaoke with his friends giving her a lot of screen time. Hayasaka was traumatized by Shirogane's singing that even Chika turned away after Kaguya invited him.

I wasn't expecting the ED to be dedicated to Starship Troopers.
Apr 15, 2022 2:32 PM

May 2020
One of my favorite manga chapters of best girl adapted in spectacular fashion? Hell freakin yes!
Is Blue Box my favorite manga? Not yet...Yes. Yes it is. 

Apr 15, 2022 2:40 PM

Sep 2015
I like Hayasaka the most, shes great at acting AND to top it off, good at singing as well? I really hope there will be more screen time for her.

But the first part with Ishigami, I didn't like the reasoning for the fight, it wasn't as in depth.

August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Apr 15, 2022 3:12 PM

Sep 2014
I really like getting more screen time of the best girl Hayasaka!

ProofByColor said:
Feel like I am forgetting the extent of Shirogane and Hayasaka's relationship. How much does he know of her relationship with Kaguya? What was the deal with her persona that Shirogone just went along with so naturally? Definitely forgetting something here.

Shirogane knows two different people: Hayasaka (his schoolmate) and "Haasaka" (Kaguya's maid). Here she is acting as the latter, who previously tried make him fell in love with her because of a bet with -or rather provocation from- Kaguya.
joexmdqApr 15, 2022 3:17 PM
Nothing important. Keep scrolling.
Apr 15, 2022 3:16 PM

Jan 2009
joexmdq said:
Shirogane knows two different people: Hayasaka (his schoolmate) and "Haasaka" (Kaguya's maid). Here she is acting as the latter.

Exactly. It's actually fairly important to keep in mind that Shirogane does not know that Hayasaka@school is Herthaka@Kaguya's Maid.
Apr 15, 2022 3:19 PM

Jan 2019
That ED was simultaneously batshit insane and beautifully heartwarming; the perfect encapsulation of Kaguya-sama.

Apr 15, 2022 3:20 PM

Jan 2021
Hayasaka and Chika are both victims of Shirogane’s singing and the ending theme was really good
Apr 15, 2022 3:41 PM

May 2021
Iino and Ishigami at it again. But they love to do stuff for each other behind their backs. So cute.

Loved the second-half's focus on Hayasaka. Gonna be important later on.

Also, Chika's screwed.

Apr 15, 2022 3:49 PM

Oct 2018
Lovely homage to Paul Verhoven's Starship Troopers in the ED, I am a big fan of the film and thought that was hilarious and well-done.
Apr 15, 2022 3:53 PM

Apr 2008
kizumi91 said:
anyone here know the song that Hayasaka sang?

The song that Hayasaka was singing was a copyright dodging version of Kana Nishino's 西野カナ song Aitakute Aitakute 会いたくて会いたくて. (much like how they do the same thing for all the Madonna, Queen, and Dead or Alive OST references).

Which they reduxed it to be called: Watashi no Kimochi (My Feelings) わたしのきもち. by Idono Naka. 井戸野ナカ. loool

IchiroEXApr 15, 2022 4:36 PM
Apr 15, 2022 4:23 PM

Jan 2016

W... What's this? Is Kaguya open to the idea of being NTR'd? I wouldn't have been mad with Hayasaka if she did do something, best girl
Apr 15, 2022 5:20 PM

Mar 2021
The ED of this season is a sequel to the ED of the first season and I love it.
Girls in my class start to cry if I even make eye contact with them
- Ishigami Yuu
Apr 15, 2022 5:46 PM

Mar 2013
OP = 6.5/10
ED = 10/10
I really wondered why the OP isn't that good anymore but the ED's are damn good as always.

I love this episode!

P.S. Just marry each other already you two!!!
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 15, 2022 5:46 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
Some of Hayasaka's best, adapted this episode!
Apr 15, 2022 5:50 PM
Dec 2021
My second review on Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai S3!!

This Ep was a masterpiece like Ep1, I laughed so hard as always(laughed so hard silently cuz it's embarrassing to laugh loudly in public).

So, about the first scene, I like both Ishigami and Iino relationship, yeah it's funny af, they maybe hate each other, but they are so familiar with each other. First attempt, fail. Second attempt , fail. Third attempt, fail. Ahaha the last one, aww kawaii, they confess each other, with no romance but bot/fake 100%.

Second scene/last scene! Woah!! Hayasaka moment! I like this new mission(maybe), it's about karaoke. Love Shirogane and Hayasaka act like holy sh this funny af. Okay they went to the karaoke place, yeah that sus place. I like the drama ahaha, kaguya start worried and lol. Kaguya spy them with sus clothing and hear like, Dame! It's to big! Ahh~!, ikr everyone expect Kaguya think they doing something very sus, nice misunderstanding. When Kaguya enters the room, holy tf I thought they doing it for real, and ah yes Shirogane singing moment, Shirogane singing is Fujiwara's Nightmare or I can say that is her phobia moment.

Ahaha nice nice I love this series yk, give for this Episode 10/10, sorry for a very short review, because I'm gonna go to school soon, bye. Thanks 10/10
Apr 15, 2022 6:06 PM
Jan 2021
seeing hayasaka have a complete personality change is so cool and scary af at the same time. lino and ishigamis relationship cannot be salvaged or fixed, even when they are faking they sound like Glados. that ed was a whole story.
Apr 15, 2022 6:10 PM

Jul 2021
Another great episode with more Hayasaka. She's one of my favorites in the show so following her is entertaining.

That ed was unexpected lol.
Apr 15, 2022 6:25 PM

Sep 2019
Oh they did adapt karaoke chapters, well done.

And what a surprising ED, really love it.
Apr 15, 2022 6:29 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Better then last week's lackluster episode that's for sure. First part of the episode was more or less the generic back and forth we've seen a hundred times before. But at least I got a chuckle out of the ear cleaning position they were in.

The second hand was much better. The President has had the best facial expressions so far. I think the reason the first half of the episode looked visually mediocre was so the second half looked better.

I had actually forgotten that Hayaska has this character she plays when she's with Shirogane. She was fun and devilishly clever this week.

Still waiting on any kind of development between Kaguya and Shirogane though.
Apr 15, 2022 6:29 PM
Jul 2018
it's funny how Shinomiya thought there's something happening with Shirogane and Hayasaka, though the ED visuals and the theme song were both great!
Apr 15, 2022 6:44 PM
Mar 2021
I see Hayasaka is still Best Girl. Of every character in the show I wish for her happiness the most, and Kaguya puts her through a lot. :(
Apr 15, 2022 6:56 PM
May 2019
Hayasaka BEST girl ♥
Close/
Apr 15, 2022 7:23 PM

Jan 2021
Solid episode was laughing the entire time. The fact Haisaka called Kaguya her little annoying sister is so funny.
Apr 15, 2022 7:33 PM

Jul 2016
Oh, so here is where the forced Ishigami x Iino pairing began, huh?

4/5 episode. I liked the first part with Ishigami and Iino trying to get along (and failing miserably) but since I was never a fan of Hayasaka's character, having two segments dedicated to her was kinda meh to me. She has an amazing voice tho, can't deny that.

And on a side note, ED caught me so off guard lmao. Freaking "Starship Troopers" homage out of nowhere xD
SouthRzVaApr 15, 2022 7:38 PM
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Apr 2, 2022

331 by JustalilPyu »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LeilaChroma - Jun 25, 2022

505 by Kuukkii »»
Apr 14, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Jun 24, 2022

423 by karj100 »»
Apr 4, 8:42 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2022

192 by karj100 »»
Apr 4, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2022

229 by karj100 »»
Apr 4, 4:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.