Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 17, 2010 9:29 AM

May 2009
happysushi said:
dont you guys find it strange that celty cant speak but can hear???
I think that was kind of explained in an earlier episode. Celty is able to perceive vibrations in the air (=sound) with the help of her "shadow-particles", which transmit and process these informations. That's also how she's able to "see", i.e. perceive her surroundings.
However, she's not able to produce such vibrations (=speak).
SaviuzApr 17, 2010 9:32 AM
Apr 17, 2010 9:33 AM

May 2008
This thread is getting more and more distressing...
Still, I really liked the episode and how the things move a slow way and how they manage to keep my attention every time I see an episode... can't wait for the next!!:D
Apr 17, 2010 10:20 AM

Aug 2009
Damn cliffhanger endings &%$^&##.
Holy this episode revealed quite a lot. And the best part must be that we got loads of Shinra/Shizuo/Izaya.
I watched many scenes atleast twice or thrice.

YES! ShinraxSelty! FINALLY! Loved it. Though the ending kinda got me sad.
The bathroom scene was lol.

So...Izaya is an evil person. A really evil one it seems. So we now know his motives...but I didn't understand them clearly.
He's experimenting with Selty's head. What experiment and for what purpose? And he plans on destroying the ones
who are close to her. Shit. That sounds downright villainous.
And what's Namie's role again? Visit time by time and lure people in his 'office'?
And I thought Shingen would play a role of comedic relief. Looks like he's got a lot to do with whatever's
happening. I don't like him.

And the whole Saika stuff. Yeah I was kinda spoilered on that a little. Interesting. And Anri has got
a lot to do with it and the slasher. So is slasher a guy or a girl? Apparently loves Anri, as quoted by Selty,
and wants to slice and dice her up to show its love. Very interesting. Or who knows, it must be Anri herself.
And the flashback of the woman holding the assumed Saika is probably her mom..

LOL Kida's way of dealing with perverts rocks.
And finally he gets to meet that girl in the hospital. And now we wait for Izaya to butt in again.

Shizuo getting hyped up was love. He sure cares for his friends. I guess that's because he's got only a few people
he's close to and wants to protect them (as mentioned in ep 7). Nevertheless, every Shizuo scene is win.
He looks weird with a hoody in the preview. He and Selty will probably save Anri next week.

francismeunier said:
I will be looking forward to have it all ends.....
hope there will be some drama ahead but mostly some happy ending to characters.

You got it partner. You got it.

UP NEXT: SHIZUO KICKS SOME ASS!!
<3

Also, miraculously, there was no lovey-dovey-fake-ass HarimaxDouchebag scene.
Apr 17, 2010 11:01 AM

Jul 2009
k0k0 said:

Hell yeah it fucking does! It's so long time to see Shizuo kick some ass. The Otaku gangs also in next episode :)

Speaking for next episode...I just realized the scene at the end:
Apr 17, 2010 11:06 AM

Dec 2007
Most splendid episode I must say.

Shinra's dad is awesome, I wish I had a dad like that ;_;
Apr 17, 2010 11:49 AM

Jul 2009
Shinra's dad is SO AWESOME. Izaya and Kida are cool as always!
Didn't like the episode that much, though. Hope next week's will be better ...
Apr 17, 2010 11:52 AM

Dec 2007
Shinra's father is pure lulz

And damn, what's with that pedo-teacher? Is he the Slasher?

You kids are so impatient :|
Apr 17, 2010 12:06 PM

Sep 2007
Ohohoho Izaya just seems to have his finger in everything around him but that's to be expected out of such a devious information broker like him. Shingen is a pretty lulz character added to the cast. The Saika katana is definitely linked to Anri with her little flashback. As for the teacher, I think there's more to his relationship with Anri than what is shown. And I think it's safe to saw that the hospital girl is probably the reason Kida left the Yellow Scarves.
Apr 17, 2010 12:56 PM
Aug 2009
Needed more Shizuo, but I was happy with the screen time he got. "Gonna kill him, gonna kill him, gonna kill him!" It's better with a little Shizuo than no Shizuo at all. ^^

Loved the confession. Shinra and Shinra's dad were awesome.

But there's still something I don't understand.

Maybe a lame question, but I have been wondering about it for quite some time now, and I need an answer.
Apr 17, 2010 1:07 PM

Aug 2008
Well, look at that. Celty's now like from K-ON.

whyohwhydoyoudothistome.jpg
Apr 17, 2010 1:14 PM

Nov 2007
from what i see, i think there should be 2 separate threads for every anime discussion.

Baccano! Episode 11 Discussion [Those who didn't read the Novel]
Baccono! Episode 11 Discussion [Those who read the Novel]

You know, I find it bullcrap when people start criticizing anime when they have already read/played its original Manga/Novel/VN/Game etc. Its not bad to criticize or let your opinion known, but when you completely utterly dislike something, it makes me laugh when you come and discuss about something you don't like at all, drop it or remain shut at least after a post, will ya! and it will be appreciated if you do not make threads for something you don't like.

God bless you.

On topic:

Celty is so lovable, I won't mind becoming a crazy thing like Shinra to fall for someone like Celty. She seems cuter after every episode.

Will see where the plot goes now, I am enjoying it at the moment and hopefully it will deliver the same entertainment until the end.

Next episode, Shizuo inside Celty's helmet? can't wait.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 17, 2010 1:16 PM
Mar 2009
So now we're building for another huge plot point it seems. I have a good idea who this slasher person is and if it's true I'd be slightly pleased.

Also, after this episode, Shingen seems more of a troll than Izaya is.
Apr 17, 2010 1:22 PM
Mar 2010
woot? Didnt understand the ep at all :o
Apr 17, 2010 1:24 PM

Jan 2009
The chatroom is actually rather interesting : p
Also, damn, Shinra's father... xD He's just... lol. Awesome dude, that one : D
And lol Shizuo, he's also rather.. Fun : p
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 17, 2010 1:51 PM

Dec 2008
I actually really, really liked this episode. I watch so many series that try to be humorous and just leave me staring at my computer screen in disinterest. Oh DRRR how I love you for actually making me laugh out loud. So rare these days. :')

Could Shinra be more of an adorable idiot? And could he and Celty be cuter together? I'm going to go with no.

I never try to predict too much where a plot is going because I'm usually horribly wrong, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens here.

Still love this series, but...maybe it's because I've never read the novels? o:
Apr 17, 2010 2:05 PM

Jun 2009
-Poor Shinra... But WTF is with his father, wearing mask even when bathing? But he's crazy, i like him already.
-How did Selty put helmet on? o_O
-So Slasher is possesed by Saika?
-Wonder who this teacher is for Anri?

Finally more about Slasher, or rather Slashers? Great episode, as expected of DRRR!! ^^
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Apr 17, 2010 2:09 PM

Nov 2007
oh my god, can the kishitani family get any more fab? what's with them having awesome crazie genes? .///////. i liked shinra's dad's butt, hurhur.

i don't really care about the slasher, BUT THAT SHIZUO/CELTY SCENE WAS MY FAVE. "KILL KILL KILL!!"
Apr 17, 2010 2:14 PM

Sep 2009
Every time that teacher comes near Anri, I always want Mikado to come to the rescue but it's always Kida.

I'm excited for more of this show. I sense some possible good drama.
Apr 17, 2010 2:22 PM

Mar 2008
Quite interesting Ep. So Shingen stole Selty head and now he wants to get her body to do more crazy experiments. Drrr. It's truly one crazy show^^

Apr 17, 2010 2:25 PM

Jun 2009
Jesus i'm so dumb. I finally regret reading spoilers, after reading about Slasher's secret.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Apr 17, 2010 2:27 PM
Dec 2007
The cliffhanger was terrific, as usual and the script developped in the right direction, despite the lack of entertaining values that the first 12 episodes had. But the series' becoming darker, deeper and more complex, so I'm bound to like it more.

Still, I can't find myself to like the OP, it feels much more like a mainstream shonen OP than a Durarara one. Definitely not fitted to series and weaker than the first one. On the other hand, I can finally stop skipping the ED since this second one doesn't hurt my ears like the first did.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 17, 2010 2:34 PM

Jul 2008
so the slasher is actually a sword with a spirit that possess people, and its after whats her face?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Apr 17, 2010 3:39 PM

Feb 2010
[
saxophone15 said:
Every time that teacher comes near Anri, I always want Mikado to come to the rescue but it's always Kida.

Yeah,me too!
But well,when Kida does is awesome so it's not any bad....S-KIDA TO THE RESCUE!!

I'm still founding this show awesome. I only have read out a few chapters of the novel

and even if they're so awesome, I'm still enjoying every anime chapter the most, and it's not a fangirl issue,is because I really do to enjoy them.
The series,even tough that it has bit more of comedy,is getting darker. Yeah,because passing off that funny stuff, we have a lot of things waiting up: The Slasher Stuff and The Yellow Scarves. There's where the interesting-suspense stuff is, and adding it to the more light-relaxed minutes of the show makes it awesome to watch.

Well,about the episode, I loved Shizuo's timescreen...he was so adorable!!
"I'll kill them,then I'll kill them dead and then I'll kill them extra dead!!"
Awwww,he is sure my favorite character of all!
Shingen Kishitani is more of a bastard than anyone,but Izaya is not to far off him.
Seems that he has to do with everything. And even pedophile sensei and Niewaka-san has something to do about. Specially for Haruna, who is Niewaka's daughter and has something with pedophile-sensei. And of course,with the Slasher.
The stuff of Saika is bit complicated, of what I hear from someone that actually reads the novel. It involves a lot of people and even keep growing later.
hiromeeApr 17, 2010 3:45 PM
Apr 17, 2010 3:49 PM

Nov 2007
At least now we know who stole Selty's head.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Apr 17, 2010 5:24 PM
Jul 2008
The last two episodes haven't been as great as the others. I'm still depressed over the change of OP song.
Apr 17, 2010 5:38 PM

Feb 2009
I love Izaya.

The best part:
"I'm not into shadow girls unlike some underground doctors and students...and I can't really get it up for headless chicks, or just heads for that matter."

The rest was just, O.K., ahaha.

Apr 17, 2010 5:48 PM

Dec 2009
LOL at the father/son bathroom meeting XDDDDD
Apr 17, 2010 6:39 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
This. The pinnacle of modern anime.

If every episode was like this. 10/10 guaranteed.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 17, 2010 7:32 PM

Jul 2009
OMG i LMAO on Shinra's father..XDDDD he is FTW!!

10/10..wait it still not yet finished XDDD
Apr 17, 2010 7:38 PM

May 2008
Liked this episode. Just thought it was slow. I love Shinra's daddy. xDD
Apr 17, 2010 7:41 PM
Mar 2010
Jagd84 said:
Project_MkUltra said:
Jagd84 said:
Project_MkUltra said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The moderators deleted the original episode discussion because they thought I was spamming. (Who the hell picks these dumbass moderators?)

Raw is out. This series is getting worse and worse by each episode.

And, of course, the preview for the next episode looks exciting, but I will not get so hyped and anxious for it because it's going to turn out to be total BULL SHIT like the past few episodes.

You got modded because the general procedure of discussions threads is to not make one until RAWs have come out and you have seen it. This is not a race and your comment doesn't really have anything to do with the episode. If you want to talk about your like or, dislike of a series there are other threads to do it in. Hyping yourself up only to be disappointed is you're own fault. Drop it if your not enjoying the show.

1. Oh please. I've literally seen dozens of people do the same thing before and the thread never got deleted. Besides, it's not like I was posting the discussion a week earlier then it aired, I posted it less then 15 hours before the raw came out.

Just because they do it, doesn't mean you should. Mods are only human and they can't be everywhere, so that's not an excuse. If they are jumping off a bridge are you too?

2. I won't drop the show (at the moment). The reason is that I infact did like the show until like episode 10 and ever since then it's become crap. Nothing is happening and they make us all excited with those little previews and the cliffhangers in the end. Then when the week comes all I see is no progress and just boring bull crap.

I still have some hope for this series however and HOPE the series will get better starting with next week's episode.

Again speak for yourself. You're entitled to your opinion, but that has nothing to do with this episode. Episode discussion threads are for talking about an episode itself, not for complaining about how you don't like a series, post or, make another topic for that.

Stop being a party pooper jag... Rules smules... take a chill pill
Apr 17, 2010 8:33 PM
Dec 2008
dude i love
shinra's dad.
hes so damn funny
Apr 17, 2010 8:35 PM

Apr 2009
Shinra's dad: "Whoosh!"

He is now my favorite character.
Apr 17, 2010 10:00 PM

Jun 2009
Kagura89 said:
k0k0 said:

Hell yeah it fucking does! It's so long time to see Shizuo kick some ass. The Otaku gangs also in next episode :)

Speaking for next episode...I just realized the scene at the end:

I was going to post it seems nobody realized this scene. Also

jjihhyeApr 17, 2010 11:50 PM

Apr 17, 2010 10:03 PM

May 2009
this episode was okay...hopefully Anri isn't going to die o.O and second Izaya looks like he wants to start a war and now we know that Celty,Izaya and Mikado all talk in the same chatroom..
Apr 17, 2010 11:45 PM
May 2009
Finally caught up with the rest of the Durarara!! episodes, after losing some interest but well. This episode was nicely done, at least with the plot and all. :) Izaya is such a jerk, since it seems that he wants to start a war for the sake of testing out some theories about Celty's body. That new sword... interesting. Like some others pointed out, the slasher could be that journalist person. With his neat hat.

I hope that the ganguro girls aren't dead. :( As annoying as they are, they're still freshmen. Hopefully, they're still alive and suffering. :P (Even though it seems that they're really dead.)

No more flying vending machines please! That is getting old now. But other Shizuo action? Yes please. ;D Plus complimentary other characters.

Also, I want to mention that I've never read the light novel. Well, I have read the translation of the first chapter online, but not gotten any further than that. More anticipation for me, that is. :D
Apr 18, 2010 1:06 AM

Oct 2009
Wasabi said:
The Saika katana is definitely linked to Anri with her little flashback.

Yeah but is it her mom that is in there?
Wasabi said:
As for the teacher, I think there's more to his relationship with Anri than what is shown.

About Haruna....some guy proved that teacher must have done something bad to render her like the way she is.
Wasabi said:
And I think it's safe to saw that the hospital girl is probably the reason Kida left the Yellow Scarves.

It will be interesting to see the drama over all of this to see how well will it affect people.
I am talking about this guy=>
yun90 said:
I was going to post it seems nobody realized this scene. Also

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Apr 18, 2010 3:25 AM

Jan 2009
Awww Shinra and Selty are just too cute > 3<
Apr 18, 2010 6:41 AM
Apr 2010
Nice episode again. Shinra's dad is really hilarious. The bathroom scene is full of win haha.
Apr 18, 2010 6:44 AM

Jun 2008
I don't know what people complain about, i still like the show and i enjoyed the episode.

Celty, Shinra and his father family moment was awesome. The way she acted inlove then the way Shinra was all happy and how Celty was shocked by the words of Shingen.
Celty seriously made this episode.

If the slasher is possessed by a sword then why the hell are they showing us a knife at half the scenes?
BTW if i was Celty i would be pissed of at how everyone use me and my head as a lap experiment.
Apr 18, 2010 7:05 AM

Dec 2007
Good episode, Shinra and Celty always have great scenes together and Shinra's dad was win with his "whoosh" and fake gun. I wonder how exactly Anri and the slasher/katana are related along with that teacher.
Apr 18, 2010 7:34 AM

Jun 2008
my heart is hurt...
the same kinda feeling I got when i watched kurozuka...
I juz hate betrayal and its company, but the world without 'em feels empty >.<
twisted plot like this make me wanna hold this series to its final episode,
coz I'm bad at this...
I juz can't stand cliffhangers...
duh, what am I sayin' anyway...
I think I'm goin' insane!!! :((
Apr 18, 2010 8:37 AM

Feb 2009
I do love the interaction between the characters.
Apr 18, 2010 9:43 AM

Feb 2009
Shinra's dad made the episode.
Apr 18, 2010 9:47 AM

Apr 2009
fucking awesome episode ^_^

this series are actually the best of this season..
it can be a masterpiece..
Apr 18, 2010 10:30 AM

May 2007
Whaaaaat. Needs moar story. :(
Shinra's father is a jerk. And I don't think Selty should be with Shinra, just saying.
I'm really curious about the identity/history of this Slasher character. And also about Kida's past.

Apr 18, 2010 12:06 PM
May 2008
A bit slow, but not too bad... at the very least I enjoyed it. I'm just hoping things pick up more.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Apr 18, 2010 12:20 PM
Feb 2010
Loved the first few minutes with Shinra's dad. XD
Apr 18, 2010 4:13 PM

May 2008
Damn this show is getting better and better, probably will get in my top.
Apr 18, 2010 5:46 PM

Aug 2008
The family convo at the beginning of this episode was the best part! Even for a strange & creepy father & son like Shinra & his dad, their relationship is strange & creepy. Or at least how much they're alike is. But it seems the wariness that I felt towards Shinra has transfered to his father. The guy is an absolute fool and full of quirks, but he's also unscrupulous and obviously has his own agenda counter to anything Celty would want. Now that he's here everything seems to associate with or work through him. I guess due to that fact that I shouldn't be surprised that he and Izaya meet.

Many things are being revealed as the show is moving along, but it seems that the narrative is being told through Izaya's perspective, by that I mean that if you don't ask then you won't be told what's going on or what the connections are. Speaking of connections, Anri and the Slasher... what the hell?! I'm starting to wonder if they're completely separate entities or does Anri know the person who is the Slasher.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

francismeunier - Apr 22, 2010

234 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usami-Haru - Mar 18, 2010

456 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Proselyt - Jan 14, 2010

331 by Karva1 »»
Apr 19, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

299 by Kurkitos »»
Feb 5, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

205 by dr_hydrangea »»
Jan 31, 4:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.