3It was OK
2.4%
2Disliked it
2.4%
1Hated it
2.8%
Average 4.7
493 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 9, 2022 7:02 PM

Oct 2017
This was one crazy chapter yoi, Joyboy hype!

Man the two week wait with this cliffhanger is gonna be killer.
MegamiRemMar 10, 2022 9:46 PM
Mar 9, 2022 10:07 PM

Oct 2015
this chapter fcking broke reddit
> 2nd chapter to reach 20k comments
> theres still 2 days so they had to make a new thread to continue the discussion
> that thread is halfway to 20k

man imagine if we were in end game
cant wait to peak like r/titanfolks
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Mar 10, 2022 2:15 AM

Nov 2016
Latex Luffy? Seems like the Gear 5th/Awakening theories are becoming true. And if this is indeed natural latex/ caoutchouc then it wouldn't necessarily retcon the Gum-Gum-Fruit.

Perhaps Luffy was really dead there for a moment. Oda has also building up the Fire Festival panels throughout the entire raid

It's interesting since the folks send written messages to their departed for their wishes to come true. The Fire Festival and feelings of opressed people could be purely symbolic or part of the conditions that had to be met for Joy Boy to appear. Zunesha's presence could be one of them too, even tho he feels more like a narrator so far.

And damn, Kaido really lost it. I loved how shaken Nami looked while not taking his shit. Nice little moment that got better when Marco protected her. Our guy still hasn't given up. Neither did Kid and Law. They're in no condition to fight and Kid's Punk Gibson looks like it's already falling apart, yet they got no choice. But the star was Yamato coming with the chapter title drop.

RIP unknown CP0 guy. Whether he died or not, he was a real one. I wonder what went through the head of his comrade. His face didn't reveal much. All I can surely say is that his collected reaction was a stark contrast to Nami's.

Mei-o_Scarlett said:
> theres still 2 days so they had to make a new thread to continue the discussion

Sounds honestly like cancer lmao

One of Oda's favorite panels btw

Dunno why the other thread got deleted, lol.
FMmatronMar 22, 2022 4:51 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 10, 2022 3:06 AM

Oct 2015
FMmatron said:
Latex Luffy? Seems like the Gear 5th/Awakening theories are becoming true. And if this is indeed natural latex/ caoutchouc then it wouldn't necessarily retcon the Gum-Gum-Fruit.

Mei-o_Scarlett said:

tbh the aot subreddit only peaked cause of 137-139 and like 75% of it was shitty memes kek
op PROB wont devolve to that...
hopefully :S

also nah
its clearly gum , actual gum so he can be sticky and bouncy
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Mar 10, 2022 3:27 AM

Nov 2016
Mei-o_Scarlett said:
FMmatron said:

tbh the aot subreddit only peaked cause of 137-139 and like 75% of it was shitty memes kek

also nah

incoming bungee gum memesKatakuri 2.0 let's go. But seriously, I don't really know the differences and if he can't just be both/have the properties of both as long as he's freely able to change the state of aggregation. Like, rubber can be sticky too. Alas, Gorosei speaking about a legendary fruit almost confirmed the retcon.

I'm still gonna cope till the last minute.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 10, 2022 4:31 AM

Oct 2015
FMmatron said:
Mei-o_Scarlett said:

also nah

incoming bungee gum memesKatakuri 2.0 let's go. But seriously, I don't really know the differences and if he can't just be both/have the properties of both as long as he's freely able to change the state of aggregation. Like, rubber can be sticky too. Alas, Gorosei speaking about a legendary fruit almost confirmed the retcon.

errrrr technically
rubber can be sticky yea
if it breaks down and in its heated up state, it can be sticky
so assuming luffy is turning to liquid rubber, and with a heat source
he'll stick :S
at least with my high schoo lvl chemistry knowledge here

Mar 10, 2022 4:53 AM

Nov 2016
Mei-o_Scarlett said:
FMmatron said:

errrrr technically
rubber can be sticky yea
if it breaks down and in its heated up state, it can be sticky
so assuming luffy is turning to liquid rubber, and with a heat source
he'll stick :S
at least with my high schoo lvl chemistry knowledge here

And that's where my knowledge ends too. All I know is manga logic. And Gear 2nd should be enough 😎🤙🏻

Mar 10, 2022 6:18 AM
May 2020
Haters gonna hate

this chapter is amazing (by far the most hype chapter for me even better than 1010)

but where are those 2 "1/5" votes came from lmao

but ehh who cares, somebody gonna quote me and say some shit like "iTs tHeiR oPiNiOn" anyway xD

not that i disagree but its just weird to hate a freaking chapter when it didnt even come out yet, so delusional

One Piece is bad, really
Mar 10, 2022 7:55 AM
Jul 2020
Mei-o_Scarlett said:

I think end of wano with more lore reveal could totally cross 35K and a point to note is that AOT was biweekly and spoilers were leaked way before unlike late Teusday in OP but this was the most controverisal chapter.

@FMmatron. I liked this chapter a lot mainly seeing the ZKKtards coping around .Joking aside the reveal was mind blogging for me more than Chap 1010 and I love how Kaido just became more menacing though this same scene was repeated in chap 1015 with all shocked i hope Kaido has a faceoff with whole alliance for one chapter before facing Luffy.
Lets see how Oda approaches this Joyboy concept
Mar 10, 2022 8:07 AM

Nov 2016
Ayu_01 said:
Mei-o_Scarlett said:

I think end of wano with more lore reveal could totally cross 35K and a point to note is that AOT was biweekly and spoilers were leaked way before unlike late Teusday in OP but this was the most controverisal chapter.

@FMmatron. I liked this chapter a lot mainly seeing the ZKKtards coping around .Joking aside the reveal was mind blogging for me more than Chap 1010 and I love how Kaido just became more menacing though this same scene was repeated in chap 1015 with all shocked i hope Kaido has a faceoff with whole alliance for one chapter before facing Luffy.

ZKK? Zoro kills Kaido?

Kaido really lost his chill and yeah, I hope we won't get blue balled on alliance action. I was particularly hoping to see at least a bit more of Marco after he came all this way. Kaido whooping everyone would not just decrease his stamina further, it would also elevate his monstrous performance similar to how Whitebeard kept fighting tons of enemies till the very and make Joy Luffy's appearance more hype.

Mar 10, 2022 8:32 AM

Feb 2014
O MY RUBBER NEN FRUIT
i wonder how powerful the awakening's gonna be compared to katakuri's fruit
I dare you to check my PTW list.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Mar 10, 2022 8:36 AM
Jul 2020
FMmatron said:
Ayu_01 said:

ZKK? Zoro kills Kaido?

Kaido really lost his chill and yeah, I hope we won't get blue balled on alliance action. I was particularly hoping to see at least a bit more of Marco after he came all this way. Kaido whooping everyone would not just decrease his stamina further, it would also elevate his monstrous performance similar to how Whitebeard kept fighting tons of enemies till the very and make Joy Luffy's appearance more hype.

Yeah that would just elevate his performance ngl I want Sanji to attack Kaido but idk how will Oda fit that plotline as he is unconscious hope he is not done for rest of Wano
Also with this df awakening i wish Kaido too has it but he doesnt use as it is his last retort but seeing no one in beast pirate had it i am finding it unlikely.
But if this were the scenario than the battle would be too awesome .

Also RIP MR Blue scarf CP0 guy(but knowing Oda.....XD)
Mar 10, 2022 8:58 AM

Nov 2016
Ayu_01 said:
FMmatron said:

ZKK? Zoro kills Kaido?

Yeah that would jsut elevate his performance ngl I want Sanji to attack Kaido too but idk how wil Oda fit thta plotline as he is unconscious hope he is not done for rest of Wano.
Also with this df awakening i wish Kaido too has it but he doesnt use as it is his last retort but seeing no one in beast pirate had it i am finding it unlikely.
But if this were the scenario than the battle would be too awesome .

Also RIP MR Blue scarf CP0 guy(but knowing Oda.....XD)

I more so want to see Usopp land an attack xD Even he and NamiChoppercould honestly do some damage at this point. Not to mention Franky, Brook, Jinbe and Yamato. Oh please let there be some more Straw Hat action, I want to see it so badly.

There are also the remaining Akazaya, Minks, Killer (perhaps Apoo and Hawkins who got up) This could be really fun for a chapter.

In the worst case scenario the Tobi Roppo get up too 💀

Mar 10, 2022 11:47 AM
Jul 2020

I more so want to see Usopp land an attack xD Even he and NamiChoppercould honestly do some damage at this point. Not to mention Franky, Brook, Jinbe and Yamato. Oh please let there be some more Straw Hat action, I want to see it so badly.

There are also the remaining Akazaya, Minks, Killer (perhaps Apoo and Hawkins who got up) This could be really fun for a chapter.

@Fmmatron pls dont tell me you are on board with Morj raid fail and tobi ropo awakening XD.

It will be really nice if all could just perform against Kaido.Nami with thunder Ussop with some deadly plant Marco assisiting them brook highly unlikely as they are runnig away and Franky is with Zoro then some scabbards action too though except Neko and Kinemeon i dont like any.
Lets wait what happens ngl it would be amusing if Oda jumps to Orochi plot line XD XD
Mar 10, 2022 11:51 AM

May 2021
Oh man this was so gooood... Also Kaido did not waste a second lol. BAM here's my revenge BAM "Luffy's dead, give up"

Pls don't write animeS or mangaS >.< // + <50 man(g/hw/hu)a not in MAL. // Join my >manga club< here!

Mar 10, 2022 2:57 PM

Nov 2016
Ayu_01 said:

@Fmmatron pls dont tell me you are on board with Morj raid fail and tobi ropo awakening XD.

It will be really nice if all could just perform against Kaido.Nami with thunder Ussop with some deadly plant Marco assisiting them brook highly unlikely as they are runnig away and Franky is with Zoro then some scabbards action too though except Neko and Kinemeon i dont like any.
Lets wait what happens ngl it would be amusing if Oda jumps to Orochi plot line XD XD

Nope haha. I honestly had the Awakened Zoans in mind pre Raid and even thought the Tobi Roppo might get up after their first L. I gave up on such a scenario post chapter 1030. Now the situation has changed again and I would't rule it out completely... Awakened Zoans or not, if the Demon Guards/Jailer Beasts were able recover so fast then Ancient Zoan users with hundreds of millions on their heads shouldn't be that much inferior. So much for the theory, in practice things look differently. Oda can do what he want, but sudden Tobi Roppo awakening would be contrived af.

Mar 10, 2022 6:41 PM
May 2019
This chapter will break the internet tomorrow xD
JOYBOY is back baby
The last two pages gives me a goosebumps ♥
Finally we will see "The awakening" ♥♥
I have a question . we didn't see caribou for so long now ? what is his role in this arc ?
Mar 10, 2022 6:47 PM
Jul 2018
Amazing chapter and most hyped chapter since 1010!
And that moment where CP0 member touches his hat, he know what's coming. Kaido: "You do know what you've done....?". Paneling, art and everything else was perfect. What an amazing farewell to CP0 boss!

Everyone is shocked that don't believe kaido have won the battle. The interesting thing is luffy died or not?
In what way Joyboy can be awakened?

My favorite part was where zunisha says that "he's there", Joyboy! And then luffys awakening or whatever it is!
My theory is that Joyboy is non other than Straw Hat(not luffy), OR there are two different wills/spirits inside of luffy(when luffys unconcious joyboy will be awakened, and with a condition that the user have to awaken gum gum devil fruit) OR Luffy is unconcious and he is controlled by the gum gum fruit or strawhat, that carry joy boy's spirit inside of them!

@Mei-o_Scarlett @Ayu_01 @FMmatron
Lmao, server 💀 1043 literally broke the server!!
removed-userMar 10, 2022 7:50 PM
Mar 10, 2022 6:49 PM

Aug 2021
finally reveal that Luffy is joyboy

The last page is pure hype
Mar 10, 2022 7:34 PM
Jan 2013
Well this killed my theory about future seeing, but who would've thunk that Oda would actually kill Luffy haha, amazing, and than bring him back as freacking Joy Boy :D Or better yet, Nika. I guess we will see after the break if Luffy is completely gone (hope not), or Joy Boy is just riding him for a while, until they defeat Kaido, maybe One Piece finding, god knows what's going to happen now :D this is brilliant ! ^_^ I just wonder if this will be also connected to that famous Rogers disease ....
Mar 10, 2022 8:02 PM

Jan 2015
here they come kaido, the power of petroleum

la critique de l'intention pure
Mar 10, 2022 8:43 PM

Apr 2016
My main hope is that Luffy being Joy Boy isn't a "destiny" type thing, but I doubt this is the case anyway. It's going to be incredibly hard to wait the 2 weeks this time
Mar 10, 2022 9:09 PM

Oct 2015
VolKur said:
Amazing chapter and most hyped chapter since 1010!
And that moment where CP0 member touches his hat, he know what's coming. Kaido: "You do know what you've done....?". Paneling, art and everything else was perfect. What an amazing farewell to CP0 boss!

Everyone is shocked that don't believe kaido have won the battle. The interesting thing is luffy died or not?
In what way Joyboy can be awakened?

My favorite part was where zunisha says that "he's there", Joyboy! And then luffys awakening or whatever it is!
My theory is that Joyboy is non other than Straw Hat(not luffy), OR there are two different wills/spirits inside of luffy(when luffys unconcious joyboy will be awakened, and with a condition that the user have to awaken gum gum devil fruit) OR Luffy is unconcious and he is controlled by the gum gum fruit or strawhat, that carry joy boy's spirit inside of them!

@Mei-o_Scarlett @Ayu_01 @FMmatron
Lmao, server 💀 1043 literally broke the server!!

Thank fck I read it before it went down zzzz
Reminds me of the manga site I frequent had to put up warnings whenever solo leveling goes on break because fans would overload the server
Mar 10, 2022 9:17 PM
Jul 2018
Marco a real one as usual. 🙏🏾

Man Oda KNOWS how to play with one's emotions! 😩 My heart sunk hard when I read the title 'VICTOR: KAIDO, KING OF THE BEASTS.'-declaration and yet I don't even know what to make of that damn smile on the last page!

It's gonna be a brutal break/wait for the next chapter but what a lovely chapter either way.
Mar 10, 2022 9:20 PM

Nov 2018
JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY!!!!!!

FINALLY, WILL HE BE LUFFY????

THAT SMILE, THAT WICKED SMILE THAT ENDEARS THOSE WITH THE D.

"Nika" as SFX, holy motherrrrrrr it's him.

Break next week, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
Mar 10, 2022 9:21 PM
May 2020
i literally had to comment twice on this chapter lol xD

i mean its too freaking hype, i love almost everything in this chapter

damn, when people say there's no people die in wano, Oda killed our protagonist lmfao

ofc its not 100% sure yet Luffy died but Momonosuke , Law and Kaido pretty much confirmed it (Momo and Law said they can hear Luffy's voice) and Kaido just straight up announcing that Luffy died (which is weird cuz yaknow he's KAIDO its not possible for him to kill off character just because he K.O.ed him)

zamn break next week huh? this is beyond torture lmao

not a 5/5

its a 6/5
One Piece is bad, really
Mar 10, 2022 10:28 PM

Apr 2014
Oda had to leave us on a cliffhanger like that?! Seriously?! What the hell?! Damn it!
Mar 10, 2022 10:30 PM

Nov 2008
OOOOH, Nika is Japanese for JoyBoy and by his silhouette, I wonder if Luffy will have Fire Hair in his new Transformation.

Similar to Fury from Darksiders, though I wonder what's up with Luffy looking the T-1000.

Also this 2 week wait will be HELLA PAINFUL.

HollowIchigo58Mar 10, 2022 10:40 PM
Mar 10, 2022 10:33 PM

Jun 2014
Damn, because of CP0's interference, Kaido managed to "kill" Luffy, but we know how death goes in One Piece. However, even without seeing a body, I believe that CP0 agent definitely got fucking murdered lol.

But damn what a cliffhanger.....JOY BOY HYPE!!! It's been foreshadowed for a long ass time but finally we get the confirmation. Oda loves leaving us on these fuck you cliffhangers before going on break. This wait is going to be a more painful one than usual, but I can't wait to see what happens next, since I legit have no idea what we have waiting for us.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 10, 2022 10:42 PM

Sep 2020
that was so good,lived up to the hype,i got the leaks spoiled to me or the last talk of zunesha and momonusuke wouldve been much better,wish i had'nt read this chapter,now have to suffer in the next week break
Mar 10, 2022 10:46 PM

Aug 2020
Goosebumps. 50/10 quality chapter, arguably one of the best chapter in the entirety of one piece.
Mar 10, 2022 11:25 PM

Jan 2017
This chapter was fucking lit.
Oda teasing us at Jump Festa December 2021, telling us to root for Luffy.
Man he must be waiting 25 years for this moment.
God bless Eiichiro Oda!!
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
Mar 10, 2022 11:28 PM

Dec 2008
Is Luffy gonna have a split personality or something?
Mar 10, 2022 11:36 PM

Apr 2017
good chapter...can't wait till 1044

Mar 11, 2022 12:02 AM
Jul 2020
This chapter just built different @Volkur @Fmmatron
Skypeia arc will play an extreme important role in upcoming events and EOS

Now just hoping Oda doesnt ripp off the reincarnation concept and add something to it

Also:

Mar 11, 2022 12:07 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
The SFX used in the last panel are the same ones used in Oda's favorite scene, the dancing around the fire at the end of Skypiea. Take of what you will.

It looked as though the straw hat merged with Luffy there, I hope Luffy is not some 100%, cell to cell, accurate reincarnation of Joyboy. Oda is above that.
Mar 11, 2022 12:09 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
FMmatron said:
Mei-o_Scarlett said:

also nah

A hard pill to swallow for me man, I was always memeing when I said Luffy's gonna skip his gear powerups and unlock JoyBoy mode, I guess the final laugh was Oda's.
Mar 11, 2022 12:12 AM

Oct 2020
I always repeat these words until my friends are fed up but One Piece is one of the manga and anime that never lowers its epicity.
Mar 11, 2022 1:19 AM
Jul 2020
@Volkur @FMmatron
Oversized lying snake

Oda forshadowing XD XD XD
Mar 11, 2022 1:26 AM
May 2014
Apart from the very end, the chapter was rather average tbh. Also, I sense this development will be controversial, as it is basically a confirmation of destiny/reincarnation.
Mar 11, 2022 1:31 AM
Jul 2018
@Ayu_01 ofcourse skypeia is the most important arc for the series, other than Wano!
As someone mentioned above, the sound effects are same as in Oda's favorite OP panel, where luffy is dancing!

Ayu_01 said:
@Volkur @FMmatron
Oversized lying snake

Lmao! I want to see this when Kaido will be unconscious(after getting defeated by Joyboy)!
Mar 11, 2022 1:56 AM

Mar 2015
joyboy is here! expeted development! can't wait!
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 11, 2022 2:03 AM

Oct 2017
JOYBOY IS HEREEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 11, 2022 2:03 AM

Oct 2012
I've been reading OP for over 11 years, and the one thing that's been proven time and time again is that I must believe in Oda. Can't wait to see where this goes.
Mar 11, 2022 2:19 AM

Nov 2016
Ayu_01 said:
@Volkur @FMmatron
Oversized lying snake

Wtf haha, nice.

The thing is some Youtuber will call it foreshadowing in one of their videos, even tho it's an easter egg callback.

Mar 11, 2022 2:25 AM
Jul 2016
He has arrived, or should I say awakened. What a great chapter. Can't wait for the continuation.
Mar 11, 2022 2:39 AM

Dec 2020
God tier chapter ODA. Nothing beats this in this week's Jump

Mar 11, 2022 2:48 AM

Oct 2017
I cannot contain all these emotions OMFG!!!!!
Mar 11, 2022 2:56 AM
Jul 2020
FMmatron said:
Ayu_01 said:
@Volkur @FMmatron
Oversized lying snake

Wtf haha, nice.

The thing is some Youtuber will call it foreshadowing in one of their videos, even tho it's an easter egg callback.

Easily, the youtubers make video seeing pant strip design of certain character and call it forshadowing XD I just hope someone does it lol we will have a good laugh XD
Mar 11, 2022 3:08 AM
May 2017
I don’t post on here often but this chapter deserves it.

Holy shit what a hype chapter, I wonder if everyone will gang up on kaido for a small skirmish, or a straw hats vs kaido. Either way it’s a break next week which is gonna kill me but Kirby comes out so I’ll be fine.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 1

1 by FMmatron »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Apr 23

55 by steeltec »»
May 1, 11:17 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1110 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Mar 12

64 by cry4heals »»
May 1, 5:18 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1081 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Apr 17, 2023

74 by anubela »»
May 1, 9:56 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 770 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LunyRem - Dec 11, 2014

50 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 26, 11:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.