Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2022 10:55 AM

Jul 2010
Dude no
It's time to move on from your psycho mom. You are very lucky she finally left you alone. Don't call her, don't meet with her. Just do as your dad told you... it's finally time to give yourself a second chance. Even if it costed you so much trauma and pain.
Feb 28, 2022 11:30 AM

Jan 2019
bruh this time seiko will probably drive seiichi to death in 2 seconds if he meets her lmao
Feb 28, 2022 12:44 PM

Jun 2021
So we will witness the return of the psychopathic mom..
His dad must have worked so hard to pay 80 million yen to Shigeru's Family without leaving any debt behind and also left some money for him and supported him all alone..
Feb 28, 2022 1:33 PM

Jul 2010
Doma_UM2 said:

His dad must have worked so hard to pay 80 million yen to Shigeru's Family without leaving any debt behind and also left some money for him and supported him all alone..

Yeah I feel really sad for him. He blamed himself for his entire life... and he did so much for his son.
Feb 28, 2022 4:34 PM

Jun 2021
Seiichi has an amazing dad. Seriously
The only thing I'm worried about is Seiichi meeting his mom again.
Something tells me that this won't end well.
Feb 28, 2022 6:10 PM
Jun 2017
Why the hell would he gave her contact???
Feb 28, 2022 7:21 PM

Jul 2014
I enjoyed it and suffered it.
Mar 1, 2022 2:36 AM

Jun 2016
jculture9318 said:
(Obviously, I'm saying this as someone who doesn't know what's going to happen next. But...)

What the heck!!!

He does so much for his son after his return and ends up undoing it all by giving him Seiko's contact.

This guy didn't learn anything at all, did he?

He really sucks at being a father even AFTER his death.

What good is all the love and care you have for your son, if you keep repeating the same mistakes again and again?

he didn't suck, he basically worked for years to pay for the sins of his psycho family, and he was always super nice and supportive. plus, his weirdo son is now a thirty something adult MAN, if he messes up again, it's his fault.
Mar 1, 2022 8:23 AM
Jun 2017
rottenaylar said:
jculture9318 said:
(Obviously, I'm saying this as someone who doesn't know what's going to happen next. But...)

What the heck!!!

He does so much for his son after his return and ends up undoing it all by giving him Seiko's contact.

This guy didn't learn anything at all, did he?

He really sucks at being a father even AFTER his death.

What good is all the love and care you have for your son, if you keep repeating the same mistakes again and again?

he didn't suck, he basically worked for years to pay for the sins of his psycho family, and he was always super nice and supportive. plus, his weirdo son is now a thirty something adult MAN, if he messes up again, it's his fault.
I will have to disagree. He worked to pay for the sins of his troubled family, which includes HIMSELF...

If he hadn't been so dense and neglected Seichi so much in childhood literally none of this would have happened, he could simply have get a divorce from his sociopathic wife when she was arrested and Seichi would have had a normal adult life now.

This woman tried to KILL her own son in childhood, abused him psychologically and physically for YEARS and this guy just didn't realize. Even his family had noticed that there was something very wrong about Seiko's behavior towards Seichi, and again, he didnt. Its why he blames himself so much.

Then Seichi grows up broken, starts to get some sort of recover (maybe) but his father throws him into the abyss again. Truths to be told, this guy was never fit to be a father, just as Seiko was never fit to be a mother either.
Lucas-Souza_19Mar 1, 2022 8:28 AM
Mar 1, 2022 9:21 PM

Jul 2010
Lucas-Souza_19 said:

I will have to disagree. He worked to pay for the sins of his troubled family, which includes HIMSELF...

If he hadn't been so dense and neglected Seichi so much in childhood literally none of this would have happened, he could simply have get a divorce from his sociopathic wife when she was arrested and Seichi would have had a normal adult life now.

This woman tried to KILL her own son in childhood, abused him psychologically and physically for YEARS and this guy just didn't realize. Even his family had noticed that there was something very wrong about Seiko's behavior towards Seichi, and again, he didnt. Its why he blames himself so much.

Then Seichi grows up broken, starts to get some sort of recover (maybe) but his father throws him into the abyss again. Truths to be told, this guy was never fit to be a father, just as Seiko was never fit to be a mother either.

I've gotta agree, you have some truth in there.
This woman LITERALLY destroyed Seiichi's life, father seen what happened to him and heard what she was saying- and yet he still says "well SHE IS YOUR MOM, maybe try to contact her". WHY. I mean, I can understand that now Seiichi is all by himself, but you really think that THIS WOMAN could support him or help him?? No way man... it's going to have an opposite effect.

I still think that he changed for the best and worked really hard for himself and his son but he still messed up pretty bad earlier at the story (he neglected Seiichi, didn't realise or straight up IGNORED that he married a psycho etc etc).
TheMangaManiacMar 1, 2022 9:27 PM
Mar 2, 2022 10:51 PM
Jul 2018
it was great and yeah i cant wait for upcoming chapters . but im still wondering where the story is going and how it will end . i hope we dont get dissapointed 🤞🏻
Mar 3, 2022 2:47 AM

Jul 2013
Adult Seichi hits very close to home. It feels like what I picture my life to be in another 5 years...
Mar 3, 2022 6:30 AM

Dec 2018
I knew this was coming for months and still it hit like a brick. This was way close to home then i would have liked to see.
And to all those who are saying his father should have done something about the mother do not know first thing about living with a woman as unstable as that. Trust me guys, after you get married you will know how it is like. you would gladly suffer all abuse so you don't have to drag yourself through court.
Mar 3, 2022 7:08 AM

Jan 2020
So it seems the father did not make it to the end of this story......
Mar 3, 2022 7:09 AM

Jan 2020
Hard to tell whether it's going to be good or bad ending, but at least I'll bet on good ending...
Mar 3, 2022 12:20 PM

Jul 2010
BakLol said:

And to all those who are saying his father should have done something about the mother do not know first thing about living with a woman as unstable as that. Trust me guys, after you get married you will know how it is like. you would gladly suffer all abuse so you don't have to drag yourself through court.

Yeaaaaaaah I don't endorse suffering from abuse, like, at all. Nope. Doesn't matter what reasons are.
Plus it wasn't just about him, it was also about his son. Who got the short end of the stick.
Seiko didn't want to suffer alone so she dragged her son, hell, her entire family with her into hell. And in the end she is the only one who is happy with her situation. I guess. I think she's happy being finally free... unless I am proven wrong and we see her suffering greatly in the next chapters.
Also "court argument" is invalid because dad still had to go to court. This time because his son killed a boy. So should have at least tried to do it before.

I know a thing or two about suffering from abuse, seen that and even experienced that before. This is not something people should just endure and tolerate. It's difficult and hard topic, situations can vary greatly, I understand it's not very simple, but that's my position.
TheMangaManiacMar 3, 2022 12:25 PM
Mar 3, 2022 12:32 PM
Jan 2013
I feel like if the dad hadn't given him Seiko's contact info, this could have been a good ending (Leaving out the 1/2 chapters of filler in between this and the time skip). I'm not sure where the author's gonna take it from here but if it has to continue, I guess I'm along for the ride
Mar 6, 2022 12:36 PM

Apr 2012
my god i'm so tired of all this suffering!!!!
Mar 6, 2022 5:18 PM

Feb 2018
Sei's dad was such a kind soul RIP. He payed such a high amount to his aunt's family, thinking it was all his fault... One thing is for certain, that Seiko ruined 2 families.
Mar 27, 2022 9:51 AM

Dec 2018
TheMangaManiac said:

Yeaaaaaaah I don't endorse suffering from abuse, like, at all. Nope. Doesn't matter what reasons are.
Plus it wasn't just about him, it was also about his son. Who got the short end of the stick.
Seiko didn't want to suffer alone so she dragged her son, hell, her entire family with her into hell. And in the end she is the only one who is happy with her situation. I guess. I think she's happy being finally free... unless I am proven wrong and we see her suffering greatly in the next chapters.
Also "court argument" is invalid because dad still had to go to court. This time because his son killed a boy. So should have at least tried to do it before.

I know a thing or two about suffering from abuse, seen that and even experienced that before. This is not something people should just endure and tolerate. It's difficult and hard topic, situations can vary greatly, I understand it's not very simple, but that's my position.

Living with a toxic woman who wants everyone to suffer because her life is miserable (through her own doing) is no joke.
my court comment was regarding real life, try going up against a woman in society as a man and see how far you will reach.
I understand your position and wish you never have to go through the pain. Good luck👍
Jan 19, 2023 11:48 PM

May 2013
While I don’t necessarily agree with leaving Seiko’s contact info, I understand why he’d feel the need to. When someone knows they might die, they want to wrap up any loose ends. He wants Seichi to have the choice. After all, she is his mother and he might believe it’s worth salvaging after so much time has passed. In the end, he did the best he could and I think he really loved his son despite how his own nephew was murdered.

Nate ©
Apr 14, 2023 11:01 PM

Oct 2013
RIP Seiichi's dad. It was kind even in case of his death, leaving Seiichi without any debts and with extra money to pay for expenses regarding the funeral and use for whatever he wanted to.

It's a shame they have been separated from each other for so long, but it's a mutual fault of not meeting themselves earlier, I guess. At least they attended to izakaya together shortly before Sei's father has passed.
May 2, 2023 3:38 PM

Oct 2013
Now things do seem to be heading towards a conclusion
Jun 5, 2023 9:36 AM

Jun 2021
RIP Seiichi's dad. Seiichi should stay alone instead of going back to his mom let alone meet her.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chi no Wadachi Chapter 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2018

10 by MidnightTv13 »»
Yesterday, 8:47 PM

Poll: » Chi no Wadachi Chapter 146 Discussion

Adnash - Jun 1, 2023

22 by KanYeeT »»
Apr 20, 2:34 PM

Poll: » Chi no Wadachi Chapter 153 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Adnash - Sep 7, 2023

73 by KanYeeT »»
Apr 20, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Chi no Wadachi Chapter 152 Discussion

CQLLIST - Aug 27, 2023

20 by Kap92 »»
Mar 2, 4:51 PM

Poll: » Chi no Wadachi Chapter 151 Discussion

Adnash - Aug 12, 2023

19 by Kap92 »»
Mar 2, 4:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.