Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 27, 2022 11:35 AM

Sep 2020
XiongYifan said:
racers551 said:

Gabi regretted her actions. Louise didn't. Not to mention, Louise kind of did things she didn't want, so I don't think Mikasa has a moral obligation to help her. She's not her.
Mikasa saved Gabi when kaya was trying to kill her. She cared more about Gabi who killed sasha than Lousie who just stole her scarf
Mikasa's current state is like:

She is suffering from sevier mental stress after Eren rejection. Don't jurge a character just by it surface level interaction. She is currently struggling from internal conflict.
Feb 27, 2022 11:35 AM

Jan 2009
animu007 said:
deg said:

that is Louise dying the big fan of Mikasa

and this happens when you simp too much for Mikasa.

lol Mikasa is bad luck then
Feb 27, 2022 11:37 AM
Dec 2020
KneelBeforeMe said:
BlichoBoy said:
Armin is truly haunted by the Erwin ghost, and have some titanic balls to make that jump.

After so long slow moments of intricate storytelling, was refreshing the fast paced was, get Annie who was savoring that wonderful pie beside the group, make a off-screen plan to escape from Yeagarists.

I'm sorry but Erwin would never do something as stupid as what Armin just did there.
I_Am_Freeballing said:

I do believe there is a presentation. It's just a very subtle one. Isayama was never the one to hold the reader's hand. Anyway, Isayama said in the past that everyone is free to interpret AOT however they like. He has never forced his.
what great writing; find your own meaning.

And that is exactly why Erwin could never stop the rumbling once it was started by Eren.
Feb 27, 2022 11:39 AM
Nov 2019
XiongYifan said:
racers551 said:

Gabi regretted her actions. Louise didn't. Not to mention, Louise kind of did things she didn't want, so I don't think Mikasa has a moral obligation to help her. She's not her.
Mikasa saved Gabi when kaya was trying to kill her. She cared more about Gabi who killed sasha than Lousie who just stole her scarf

Gabi is a child who was manipulated from her birth, and learned how awful her actions were.

Louise was a girl who stalked Mikasa, and projected her ideas onto her.

She is not the same.
Feb 27, 2022 11:43 AM
Stellaron Hunter

Oct 2020
So Mikasa and Armin decided to betray Eren and stop his plan.
Incessant Rain

“Can you let me have some fun this time?”

Feb 27, 2022 11:46 AM

Sep 2020
Helltaker said:
What betray Eren ? Armin and Mikasa was never the part of Eren's plan of mass genocide in global scale.
Feb 27, 2022 11:50 AM

Jan 2020
I don't know, I'm just going to refer to it as a "funny" episode. I feel like this episode had a strange change of tone which I think is not really fitting for the series. I guess the humor was a bit misplaced. I expected Annie's return and reunion with the scouts would be more dramatic, it just felt things happened a bit too easy.

Other than that, I'm surprised Levi is in the lead, kind of. He's the one who encouraged Hange and who proposed this deal to Magath. I really thought that Levi was as good as dead after receiving that Thunder Spear right in the head, but I guess Isayama decided otherwise.

The way Mikasa looked at Jean when Floch was giving his speech really made me think he sided with the Jaegarists. Paid actor Mikasa.

For the people who say Armin's stunt is stupid, do you actually think Armin wasn't expecting Connie to save him? Yeah, there's an off-chance of him getting eaten, but come on..

LMAO Shadis was left behind!!!

3/5 episode I guess.
deg said:
that Connie liar face is a meme material

"to save the world"

there it is nationalism "yeagerist" vs globalism "alliance" or "avengers" they call them cringevengers too

Not gonna lie, the choice of line in that scene is, uh, not what you'd expect from AoT and Isayama. In a sense, they're going to save the world from Eren (if they manage to do that on time), but it's really not something that fits the series. That's Marvel movies type of shit, not Attack on Titan.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Feb 27, 2022 11:52 AM
Feb 2022
ZXEAN said:
Helltaker said:
What betray Eren ? Armin and Mikasa was never the part of Eren's plan of mass genocide in global scale.

This is exactly why I say that people who complain about current events have 0 brain cells and don't understand anything that's going on.
Feb 27, 2022 11:54 AM

Jan 2020
Helltaker said:
If you choose to put it that way, yes. But, in reality, they're betraying a mass-killer that's gone berserk.
deg said:
xkazutox said:
Historia is dying...wtf eren

LMAO

Nothing is funnier than this episode than this sequence of comments.

Feb 2022
I can't wait for next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MAN!

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
||Profile||----------------||Anime||----------------||Manga||

Jan 2009
samashi20 said:

deg said:
that Connie liar face is a meme material

"to save the world"

there it is nationalism "yeagerist" vs globalism "alliance" or "avengers" they call them cringevengers too

Not gonna lie, the choice of line in that scene is, uh, not what you'd expect from AoT and Isayama. In a sense, they're going to save the world from Eren (if they manage to do that on time), but it's really not something that fits the series. That's Marvel movies type of shit, not Attack on Titan.

Isayama is a fan of Marvel for sure
'Attack on Titan' Creator Reveals Tie To 'Guardians of the Galaxy'
"At first I explored emulating The Mist, but now you could say that I'm moving in a more peaceful direction, similar to Guardians of the Galaxy," Isayama said as he explained where he hopes to take Attack on Titan. (via Fuku Shuu)
https://comicbook.com/anime/news/attack-on-titan-anime-guardians-of-the-galaxy-marvel/

and this manga exist too
Attack on Avengers
https://attackontitan.fandom.com/wiki/Attack_on_Avengers
Feb 27, 2022 11:59 AM

Jul 2021
barsoapguy219 said:

2) Annie's appearance. How did they end up sitting next to each other? Was she following them?
And then Connie laughing at her for pie. She murdered so many Scouts in the first season. It seemed like she was having fun swinging them around? And Connie is okay with her now?
And then she ditched Hitch with a note. Come on. I wish Annie had more going for her after melting.

Just so you know they're adapting one of the over-hated actually decent chapters so expect some mediocracy in your end and plus this is just the setup before the final battle is about to start and personally for me, I wasn't surprising this episode is one of the weakest but still I find it good nonetheless.

Annie and Hitch met up in the 7th episode so probably both were riding on the horse, Hitch knew where to meet up with the other survey corps. Then perhaps afterwards, Hitch went away to buy some stuff and let Annie sit down in a table enjoying her pie while Armin and the rest of the survey corps were sitting in the same table as to where Annie is sitting and if you notice, Hitch was going back saying, "Sorry the line was real long" and she knew where the table is to where Annie was sitting in.

The reason why Annie left her is because when back in the 7th episode, there is a backstory of Annie going through her hardship and training become a fighter whilst in prior episodes, she has the ability to inherit the Female Titan, so therefore, Annie join forces with Armin and the rest of the survey corps while leaving Hitch who definitely can't join the forces with the others survey corps since she's positioned as a military police which does a different job: evacuating all civilians, supervising, helping others who are injured, etc, definitely Hitch is someone who doesn't have a strong fighting skills unlike the survey corps who had a a lot of experience with their ODM gear and its usage unlike Hitch so I don't think she would be able to fight against a current ongoing rumbling.
CQLLISTFeb 27, 2022 4:54 PM
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Feb 27, 2022 12:00 PM

Jan 2009
spoil me please since im too lazy to re-read the manga again

who is this again?

samashi20 said:
Helltaker said:
If you choose to put it that way, yes. But, in reality, they're betraying a mass-killer that's gone berserk.
deg said:

LMAO

Nothing is funnier than this episode than this sequence of comments.

lol for sure heck what happened to pregnant Historia all this time if its her
Feb 27, 2022 12:01 PM

Oct 2020
samashi20 said:
The way Mikasa looked at Jean when Floch was giving his speech really made me think he sided with the Jaegarists. Paid actor Mikasa.
At that point Mikasa and Jean know about the plan so the look Mikasa gives him is actually a knowing one.
Feb 27, 2022 12:02 PM
Jun 2017
This episode felt rushed, almost everything happened too fast, the conny subplot that was started 2 episodes ago was resolved in like 2 minutes, the lack of reaction from armin and conny when meeting annie disappointing and the alliance at the endfelt like it happened way too fast, the scene with the jaegerists was amazing though.
I'm not sure i like where the plot is going with the alliance fighting eren but we'll see next week i guess
Feb 27, 2022 12:02 PM
Jun 2017
This episode felt rushed, almost everything happened too fast, the conny subplot that was started 2 episodes ago was resolved in like 2 minutes, the lack of reaction from armin and conny when meeting annie disappointing and the alliance at the endfelt like it happened way too fast, the scene with the jaegerists was amazing though.
I'm not sure i like where the plot is going with the alliance fighting eren but we'll see next week i guess
Feb 27, 2022 12:04 PM

Jan 2020
deg said:
spoil me please since im too lazy to re-read the manga again

who is this again?

SHADIS!!! Come on now deg, I'm not even a manga reader, but I can tell (Just kidding!)
I_Am_Freeballing said:
samashi20 said:
At that point Mikasa and Jean know about the plan so the look Mikasa gives him is actually a knowing one.

Oh yeah, that's what I'm trying to say. Mikasa is showing more emotions and is being more involved than usual.

deg said:
samashi20 said:

Isayama is a fan of Marvel for sure
'Attack on Titan' Creator Reveals Tie To 'Guardians of the Galaxy'
"At first I explored emulating The Mist, but now you could say that I'm moving in a more peaceful direction, similar to Guardians of the Galaxy," Isayama said as he explained where he hopes to take Attack on Titan. (via Fuku Shuu)
https://comicbook.com/anime/news/attack-on-titan-anime-guardians-of-the-galaxy-marvel/

and this manga exist too
Attack on Avengers
https://attackontitan.fandom.com/wiki/Attack_on_Avengers

What the- He really wanted to use that line somewhere in the series, didn't he? I fail to understand what he tries to do sometimes.
Feb 27, 2022 12:07 PM
Jul 2021
Why did Connie regret giving Falco to his mother? I mean, he could have brought his mother back by sacrificing an enemy member, so what happened that Connie changed?
Feb 27, 2022 12:08 PM

Jun 2009

Love the way Mappa did this scene in the anime.
Feb 27, 2022 12:09 PM

Jan 2009
@samashi20

ah ye its Shadis for sure because of the bald head good eye you got thanks
Feb 27, 2022 12:12 PM
Apr 2016
« Save the world » and then what? You fucking dumbasses!

Also why? Just why would you wanna do that? The world hates your fucking guts and was about to end you all if not for Eren. Remember your dear friend Eren? Just chill on your Island guys while he’s doing the dirty job for you cowards. Your endless years of struggling and suffering are over.

Actually they’re committing treason to Paradis which is overwhelmingly pro Rumbling.

Fucking Cringeavengers.
Feb 27, 2022 12:12 PM

Jan 2020
dani8013 said:
Why did Connie regret giving Falco to his mother? I mean, he could have brought his mother back by sacrificing an enemy member, so what happened that Connie changed?

Well, his mother would become a titan shifter, live for 13 years, then die. It's not just that, by having the titan powers, she would either have to fight or pass the powers to someone else. She'll just suffer from all that, so he choose to let her be. Maybe, just maybe in the hopes that after everything's over, she could turn back into a human.
Feb 27, 2022 12:15 PM

Oct 2020
Cruicruise said:

Also why? Just why would you wanna do that? The world hates your fucking guts and was about to end you all if not for Eren. Remember your dear friend Eren? Just chill on your Island guys while he’s doing the dirty job for you cowards. Your endless years of struggling and suffering are over.

Actually they’re committing treason to Paradis which is overwhelmingly pro Rumbling.

Fucking Cringeavengers.

The only thing that's cringe is this post. Did you steal Floch's lines?
Feb 27, 2022 12:16 PM

Apr 2013
imbAF said:
KneelBeforeMe said:
I'm sorry but Erwin would never do something as stupid as what Armin just did there.
what great writing; find your own meaning.

That is actually phenomenal writing. Writing a story which can be interpreted in so many ways, that is literally quality storytelling. Maybe you want the characters to have an inner monologue with a black background, in order to emphasize to the low IQ reader that character development is taking place here, but Isayama doesn't do that. He is subtle with the way he tries to showcase how the characters change over time, through little details and simply facial expressions or inner confusion conditioned by the environment and the situation.
yes yes exactly, truly incredible writing ty for the explanations as always mr big brain.
Feb 27, 2022 12:19 PM
Apr 2016
I_Am_Freeballing said:
Cruicruise said:

Fucking Cringeavengers.

Maybe. What’s wrong about that? Can I express my own view of the situation or must I align with your own?
Feb 27, 2022 12:19 PM

Mar 2020
Xilver said:
To save the world

At least they improved on this specific frame.

if only they would've improved connie's line too
Feb 27, 2022 12:23 PM

Oct 2020
Cruicruise said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:

Maybe. What’s wrong about that? Can I express my own view of the situation or must I align with your own?

Of course. It's more fun when there are different opinions. Your opinion of cringe is 126. My opinion of cringe is your opinion of cringe.
Feb 27, 2022 12:23 PM
Feb 2022
Cruicruise said:

Fucking Cringeavengers.

Cringiest comment ever. You really don’t get what this show is about
Feb 27, 2022 12:26 PM

Jan 2014
Many decisions makes no sense.

1/5

Terrible pacing.

Feb 27, 2022 12:34 PM

Dec 2019
I remember thinking that Connie's rushed arc was the start of AOT's downfall, and the anime hasn't managed to change my opinion.

The "Let's go save the world" was as hilariously cringe as it was in the manga. The directing felt pretty bland this episode too.

Pie scene was terrible (haha guys Annie is eating pie haha see guys Connie's telling us to laugh haha, oh seems like Connie got over and forgot the fact that he was going to murder a 12 year old a few hours earlier haha so funny), comedy felt rammed in. I'm pretty sure this is the part of the manga where Isayama's editor took over most of the writing.
KayY_YFeb 27, 2022 12:48 PM
Feb 27, 2022 12:35 PM

Dec 2019
dani8013 said:
Rushed character development.
Feb 27, 2022 12:39 PM
Jul 2021
samashi20 said:
dani8013 said:

Well, his mother would become a titan shifter, live for 13 years, then die. It's not just that, by having the titan powers, she would either have to fight or pass the powers to someone else. She'll just suffer from all that, so he choose to let her be. Maybe, just maybe in the hopes that after everything's over, she could turn back into a human.
Isn't it a little hard for Connie to think about all this? Anyway, he could have revived his mother, and then they would have moved away with her mother's power. They could even leave the island - if Armin's titan had reached his mother-
Feb 27, 2022 12:41 PM
Jul 2021
KayY_J said:
dani8013 said:
Rushed character development.
You're right and this is also exactly what I am criticizing
Feb 27, 2022 12:42 PM

Jan 2020
dani8013 said:
samashi20 said:

Isn't it a little hard for Connie to think about all this? Anyway, he could have revived his mother, and then they would have moved away with her mother's power. They could even leave the island - if Armin's titan had reached his mother-

I agree with @KayY_J, it's rushed character development. The whole episode was.
Feb 27, 2022 12:49 PM

Dec 2021
Connie didn't feel Falco phew! Levi's alive yay, smart planning from Jean and the rest. I actually thought Jean was on their side. Decent episode can't wait to find out the ending!

Feb 27, 2022 12:50 PM
Jul 2021
samashi20 said:
dani8013 said:

I agree with @KayY_J, it's rushed character development. The whole episode was.
Yes, this critique Objection sustained to this episode
Feb 27, 2022 12:53 PM

Sep 2018
LMAO, why did everyone look so goddamn ugly in this episode? The whole episode looked rather poor tbh
Feb 27, 2022 12:53 PM

May 2016
I don't know what was rushed. Connie was always hesitant to feed Falco. He even busted out a joke about having Falco brush her moms teeth because he really didn't want to do it. He was following this path out of emotional impulse. But after the scuffle he realized what he was doing was unbecoming of the kind of soldier his mother wished him to be and also would put her through 13 years of suffering as a titan weapon.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Feb 27, 2022 12:55 PM

Nov 2020
"You know I wished I could've just cooped up in my room with my ears shut but if had the burnt ashes of the dead would never have forgiven me"

Highlight of the episode for me,this was done perfectly,
I liked mostly everything except Annie reunion.

The pie scene was whatever,idm it but not a fan of it either.

Colors were great as always,music was nothing exceptional but it was still really good,cds were consistent mostly ,a little rough around the edges, also some transitions were kinda awkward.
Good episode,8/10

Really excited for the next one,it is one of my chap in the manga.We didn't get much from the preview but from what they showed next episode is looking great as well.
Feb 27, 2022 12:55 PM

Oct 2020
For those who think it's rushed, next ep actually goes back and shows how the Alliance was formed behind the scenes.
Feb 27, 2022 12:57 PM
Oct 2021
Did anyone else notice that crunchyroll named the episode “Night of The End” but in the episode it says that its name is “Pride”?
Feb 27, 2022 12:59 PM

Mar 2021
Nycro said:
Hahaha, is that Annie who betrayed us and killed an uncountable amount of people including civilians? LMAO she's eating a pie all forgiven XD
samashi20 said:
I feel like this episode had a strange change of tone which I think is not really fitting for the series. I guess the humor was a bit misplaced. I expected Annie's return and reunion with the scouts would be more dramatic, it just felt things happened a bit too easy.
Yeah what the hell was that scene? It feels like they don't even know that she is THE Female Titan. I was baffled by their reaction, or rather, their lack of reaction.

barsoapguy219 said:
Decent setup episode.
I liked:
1) Hange and Levi. I love Hange and need more of her.
2) Rooftop tension with the Yeagerists. Reminded me Eren & Pieck from last season's finale.

I didn't like:
1) Connie's Ragako excursion. It started and got wrapped up in a couple of scenes. It's probably in the manga but the editors should have cut it out. It didn't add anything to the story. Sure it gave Connie some screen time, but the show is almost over. Are they sure there is enough time to give us a good ending?
2) Annie's appearance. How did they end up sitting next to each other? Was she following them?
And then Connie laughing at her for pie. She murdered so many Scouts in the first season. It seemed like she was having fun swinging them around? And Connie is okay with her now?
And then she ditched Hitch with a note. Come on. I wish Annie had more going for her after melting.
I'm just glad the Connie issue was resolved so we can focus on the more important things, but yeah it definitely was a rushed subplot.
Feels like Annie getting out of the crystal doesn't have any significance at all.

Imo, a dumb decision from Armin. But I guess it isn't out of character? He's under too much stress recently. Poor guy

I dislike how all Yeagerists are depicted as being purely evil, almost disregarding that the people of Paradis lived in hell until recently. Feels like it's forcing us to support the Avengers team that was formed at the end. Regardless, I don't group up Eren with any of the Yeagerists.

Big props to Jean for jumping in front of Pieck to save Floch!

Now that I saw how the Annie pie scene looked in the manga, I have to say it looks even worse in the anime. Thank you MAPPA for doubling up and intentionally making it ironically funny, it eases the pain of the scene!

Well, I can see why it was controversial. I don't just outright hate it though. Can't wait for the next episode, as apparently it fixes the issues from this one.

AbsoluteCinemaFeb 27, 2022 2:24 PM

Feb 27, 2022 1:02 PM
Mar 2018
Garstox_near said:
ZXEAN said:

This is exactly why I say that people who complain about current events have 0 brain cells and don't understand anything that's going on.
Or perhaps they have enough brain cells to understand what will happen if Eren were to be stopped
Feb 27, 2022 1:03 PM

Jul 2021
CQLLIST said:
barsoapguy219 said:

Just so you know they're adapting one of the over-hated actually decent chapters so expect some mediocracy in your end and plus this is just the setup before the final battle is about to start and personally for me, I wasn't surprising this episode is one of the weakest but still I find it good nonetheless.

Annie and Hitch met up in the 5th episode so probably both were riding on the horse, Hitch knew where to meet up with the other survey corps. Then perhaps afterwards, Hitch went away to buy some stuff and let Annie sit down in a table enjoying her pie while Armin and the rest of the survey corps were sitting in the same table as to where Annie is sitting and if you notice, Hitch was going back saying, "Sorry the line was real long" and she knew where the table is to where Annie was sitting in.

The reason why Annie left her is because when back in the 7th episode, there is a backstory of Annie going through her hardship and training become a fighter whilst in prior episodes, she has the ability to inherit the Female Titan, so therefore, Annie join forces with Armin and the rest of the survey corps while leaving Hitch who definitely can't join the forces with the others survey corps since she's positioned as a military police which does a different job: evacuating all civilians, supervising, helping others who are injured, etc, definitely Hitch is someone who doesn't have a strong fighting skills unlike the survey corps who had a a lot of experience with their ODM gear and its usage unlike Hitch so I don't think she would be able to fight against a current ongoing rumbling.

Thanks for the explanation. I must have missed where Hitch was planning to meet the other Scouts.

I guess this is the last we're getting of Hitch. I liked her poofy hair in the prior seasons.
Feb 27, 2022 1:03 PM

Jan 2020
kingsaif2099 said:
Did anyone else notice that crunchyroll named the episode “Night of The End” but in the episode it says that its name is “Pride”?
Yeah, they messed up. Next week's episode is Night of the End.
Feb 27, 2022 1:15 PM

Dec 2020
Best Episode so far the scen weher armin and connie eating on the table and annie was there LUL.

Levi is back and damn the soundtrack in this episode was fire.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Feb 27, 2022 1:17 PM

Jun 2009
Cruicruise said:

Also why? Just why would you wanna do that?

Because they are way better human beings then you are.

Cruicruise said:

No they don't. Jeagerists are a terrorist group that assassinated premier Zachary and were part of a large poisoning plot remember? Jeagerists are the traitors of Paradis, while the scouts are on the side of the rightful government. Hange and her men have no reason to be loyal to those assholes.
Feb 27, 2022 1:20 PM
Dec 2020
Nycro said:
Hahaha, is that Annie who betrayed us and killed an uncountable amount of people including civilians? LMAO she's eating a pie all forgiven XD
why is everyone salty about annie doing it and not about reiner, bertholdt, eren, armin, erwin?
Feb 27, 2022 1:21 PM

Feb 2021
The episode was really bad, just like the chapter it was adapting, with minor improvements. But some people will defend what comes from Isayama no matter what, get used to it.

I know most people find the pie scene or the save the world scene the "funniest".
But for me Mikasa-Louise scene really takes the cake

It was hilarious.

You know i really wish the entire series was like this, or like what comes after. That way i wouldn't bother with it in the first place, but alas the series shows its true level only at the finishing line.
Feb 27, 2022 1:26 PM
Mar 2021
where did our eren go...
man he's changed so much.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

539 by RemusR1 »»
Apr 25, 10:31 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 20, 2022

430 by phantom346 »»
Apr 18, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 13, 2022

416 by goral »»
Apr 14, 4:43 AM

» Falco said something in episode 1 of part 1 which I didn't get the reference of

_karan_123 - Feb 9, 2022

27 by manish_2 »»
Mar 28, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 6, 2022

301 by Apreggi »»
Mar 25, 9:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.