Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Giant Killing
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 11, 2010 3:06 PM
May 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Best press conference. Ever.

Looking forward to the next episode again!
Apr 11, 2010 5:48 PM

Dec 2007
Srsly, if the animation was better, my score would be 10.
Sooo fun. Tatsumi is awesome and everything looks so promising.
taterheadApr 12, 2010 4:11 AM
Apr 12, 2010 4:08 AM
Sep 2009
Episode 2 subs on the way, torrent and ddl will be up in an hour's time.
Apr 12, 2010 8:36 AM

Apr 2009
Not bad.
Looks like we'll have to iron out Murakoshi and co.

How unfortunate for Murakoshi though, but it's obviously gonna be better for the team.
I wonder what the results will be for self-practice.

I still want to know Matsumi's exact reasons for leaving in the past.
But we'll definitely have to wait for that.
Apr 12, 2010 9:45 AM

Jan 2009
i love it looking forward to what will happen on self-practice and how murakoshi will become a somewhat ace again
Apr 12, 2010 10:06 AM

Dec 2007
I don't like soccer but I enjoy this anime very much.

It's cool.
Apr 12, 2010 10:59 AM

Jun 2008
Sherr said:
Not bad.
Looks like we'll have to iron out Murakoshi and co.

How unfortunate for Murakoshi though, but it's obviously gonna be better for the team.
I wonder what the results will be for self-practice.

I still want to know Matsumi's exact reasons for leaving in the past.
But we'll definitely have to wait for that.

Actually it's good for Murakoshi also. Didn't you notice what Tatsumi told him?
Murakoshi was forced to hold all the team in his shoulders and even play coach because everyone was useless with the resold of not being a player as he was.
He freed him from captain so he can make him feel like an ordinary player again and just play the football that he knows. He told him that he no longer need to do all the other staff because he is there.
So he has lost a disobedient captain but he gained a nice player that he can use in the game.

Now let's see what team his gonna built for the first game and how he plans to use it.
Apr 12, 2010 11:33 AM

Feb 2009
Talk about pussy tactics but that's how it is most of the time. xD
Apr 12, 2010 11:55 AM

Apr 2009
Monad said:
Actually it's good for Murakoshi also. Didn't you notice what Tatsumi told him?
Murakoshi was forced to hold all the team in his shoulders and even play coach because everyone was useless with the resold of not being a player as he was.
He freed him from captain so he can make him feel like an ordinary player again and just play the football that he knows. He told him that he no longer need to do all the other staff because he is there.
So he has lost a disobedient captain but he gained a nice player that he can use in the game.

Now let's see what team his gonna built for the first game and how he plans to use it.

Ah yeah, I forgot about that.
Although he is free from his duty as captain, I wonder how long it'll take for him to trust Tatsumi more and become a better player.
That's what I'm looking for.
Apr 12, 2010 12:36 PM

Feb 2008
So Tatsumi learned his tactics in the army? Break them down and then rebuild them? This show has the potential to be very good but I can't feel the pacing should be a bit faster. Maybe the manga is like this, I don't know, all I know is I want more.

Since the manga is ongoing, I suppose we can't expect them to beat Barcelona in the next 24 episodes, huh...
Apr 12, 2010 2:56 PM

Aug 2009
This anime is great so far. Tatsumi is going to really whip the ETU into shape. Murakoshi needs to suck it up and realize that the teams sucks a lot and Tatsumi is going to help. Looking forward to the next episode though.
Apr 12, 2010 3:38 PM
Dec 2007
asdf1248 said:
Best press conference. Ever.

Even if they're not press conference, strictly speaking, you should watch these speeches :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i5A9SB-ACM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEjJBZwuxDI&feature=related

In a way, Tatsumi ressembles Yang, with a slightly more arrogant attitude about him that makes him feel like the Special One too.

Well, regarding the ep, it was as good as the first one, with a very slow pacing and still no true football scene, but well, the characters are great and the football spirit is there too, so I'm in.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 12, 2010 5:34 PM

Jul 2009
cool.

Powered by hinatachan - TaigaForum
Apr 12, 2010 5:43 PM

Jan 2009
can't wait to watch the next episode... this show's good.
Apr 12, 2010 5:59 PM

Jun 2007
lol Murakoshi doesn't even realize what would happen if he broke a leg or retired. The team would essentially crumble just like what happened when Tatsumi left. Other then the obvious I'm guessing Tatsumi is hoping Murakoshi will fill the role of moral support for the team while the younger kid fills the role of leader. This way there's no "Ace" or "Mr. ETU" but in staid a group of great soccer players with a leader and moral support to get them through the game.
Apr 12, 2010 7:39 PM
Oct 2007
Giant Killing is good stuff. I want more!!
Apr 12, 2010 9:49 PM
Sep 2007
Its going to be a fun watch no matter what :)
Hi
Apr 12, 2010 11:40 PM

Aug 2008
For a second, I thought Tatsumi was going to offer him a position as an assistant coach. Oh well. Still, this was a really good episode that approaches the sport in a non-it's-all-about-the-guts bullshit fashion that most crappy sports anime coughIppocough fall into.
Apr 13, 2010 12:22 AM

Feb 2008
Man, I love this show =D
And as expected the match was a battle of stamina.
Apr 13, 2010 12:49 AM

May 2008
yea stamina match woots xD

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 13, 2010 1:12 AM

Dec 2009
next lesson is self-learning lol
Apr 13, 2010 6:46 AM
Jun 2008
And he done it again.He made me said " what he is thinking right now 0.0 "
Apr 13, 2010 6:47 AM

Jul 2009
Well I can't say that this show amazed my but it looks good, and probably I will continue to watching it.
About the episode - Takeshi is kinda harsh on Shigeyuki, but probably its his style, and also as we see in further parts of ep its also for his sake - he have to realize that he can't do everything by himself, and take all responsibility on his shoulders ;]
Apr 13, 2010 8:08 AM

Jul 2008
Very good, but the animation is lacking, I think.
Apr 13, 2010 9:57 AM

Jul 2008
well at least his reasoning for switching up the teams was sound
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Apr 13, 2010 10:10 AM
Jun 2008
lolidk said:
Actually the background is nice but only the character's shadow seems like drawn by 2B pencil
Apr 13, 2010 10:21 AM

Apr 2009
It's time for some goddamn introspection, I tell you what.

Also, any decent football team wouldn't let another team lure them into tiring themselves out by chasing a ball being casually kicked around halfway. ETU kinda suck.
Apr 13, 2010 10:29 AM

May 2007
Liked the half-assed press conference.

Apr 13, 2010 6:24 PM

Jul 2009
Nice sucker anime :)

What sport can be better than this one where you have to handle balls with your feets?

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Apr 13, 2010 8:26 PM

Jul 2009
Looks like the next captain will be Tsubaki. I love the match, altough it's kinda doesn't make sense for me about how come the subs squad can't take the ball back even once. Maybe they didn't show it because of the time constraint i guess.

Anyway, a good episode and i expect a lot more interesting things will come.
Apr 13, 2010 10:02 PM

Aug 2008
MorningGlory said:
lolidk said:
Actually the background is nice but only the character's shadow seems like drawn by 2B pencil
Can't be better... that's true... but the shadows on the characters are actually like that in the manga... so I guess the Animation Studio is actually following that and keeping that "trademark" treat from the manga....

A bit better... yet the animation has to be worked on... the episode itself was really interesting since it started on the inter squad match and ended in the Pre Season Training Camp... and at a different place from the common ones... Oh and Tatsumi the guy he is XD

Press conference was undoubtly a funny one... what kind of Manager shows publicly his laziness and replies to all the questions with a "I don't know"... I guess he's saying the truth, but he really pointed out somethign really interesting... Murakoshi being relieved from the Captaincy is a dangerous move... 'cause you can break the team calmness... but it actually needs that since the Team is slowly crumbling apart.... Murakoshi is wonderful, but carrying all the burden usually makes you less effective... I'm really amazed of Tatsumi's analytic capacities.... He's great at that... I wonder what will happen from now... Will we see ETU winning the World Club Cup? XD I wanna see that!

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2010 5:07 AM
Jun 2008
TAB said:
Liked the half-assed press conference.
The way you express your wording matches your Avatar and signature.sry sry this is not an insult.
Apr 15, 2010 7:47 PM
Oct 2007
Bit put off by the animation, but hey, I can barely remember the last time I watched a football anime (whistle, wild striker, Inazuma?).

Looking forward to see how the storyline develops.
Apr 15, 2010 11:40 PM
Jul 2008
Tatsumi is the best thing in this show. The conference was funny, but what made me lol
was his comment after. '' That was tiring'' xD
Apr 16, 2010 12:48 AM

May 2008
I agree if the animation was a touch better, this series would perfect so far.

Looking forward for the first game of the season.

its all tensed up after what happened to Marosaki or whatever XD
Apr 16, 2010 1:06 AM

Jan 2008
I never thought I'd love a soccer sports anime, since the sport itself goes scoreless for ages at a time and just generally seems less action packed than football or hell, even tennis, but this anime is amazing and makes me want to read the manga as well. Tatsumi is a bad ass, and Seki Tomokazu's voice is absolutely perfect for him.
Apr 16, 2010 9:23 AM

Jul 2009
Handling filthy balls with your feets is more badass than handling them with your hands or smack them with your racket....Oh wai-, tennis might be on par with sucker in term of badass-ness, but not foot(er where does the 'foot' come to play in this sport already?)ball fo' sho.

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Apr 17, 2010 1:49 AM

Jul 2009
Gonna love Tatsumi reaction during the press conference :)

BitchMaster said:
Handling filthy balls with your feets is more badass than handling them with your hands or smack them with your racket....Oh wai-, tennis might be on par with sucker in term of badass-ness, but not foot(er where does the 'foot' come to play in this sport already?)ball fo' sho.

Soccer is one of the manly sport you ever get.....the one fucking ball that kicked by multiple player in order to score goal.Not to mention the die-hard fans that will turned into hooligans if their favorite team loss & fight with other fans.
Apr 17, 2010 8:04 AM

Nov 2009
For somebody who hates watching any sports IRL, this show is pretty good.
Next episode looks good since the tension between the regulars and subs is going to be brought out. I will make my decision on this show from that.
Apr 17, 2010 3:02 PM

May 2008
I already love this...:D I don't really know people why complaining around the animation, I think it's pretty decent and has it's own refreshing style which makes it new and enjoyable. Tatsumi is badass :P
Apr 17, 2010 4:54 PM
May 2008
Episode 2

What a cool and fun series this one is! I’m enjoying watching GK so much!

This episode made me like Tatsumi even more than before, he is just so awesome! I love his personality, his way of thinking, he is such an interesting character.

I got very excited while watching the game of the regulars vs. the substitutes, just as excited as when I watch a real soccer game.

I figured out what Tatsumi was trying to do even before Murakoshi did, that was such a smart tactic by Tatsumi.

After the conversation between Tatsumi and Murakoshi I have a new respect for Murakoshi and Tatsumi. I’m really interested in seeing how the relationship between Tatsumi and Murakoshi develops, especially because they are not in the best of terms atm and because they are so different from each other.

I so can’t wait to watch the next episode!
Apr 17, 2010 6:05 PM

May 2009
Hmmm, this anime is pretty good so far. I wasn't interested at first because it's a sports anime, but I figured what the hell and decided to try it out anyway. The main reason I like it is definitely Tatsumi.
Apr 18, 2010 8:35 PM

Apr 2010
man cant get over that AWESOME ED
Apr 23, 2010 5:48 PM
Aug 2009
I'm an avid soccer(Football:P) player, and I found this show, or rather the tactics, to be somewhat disappointing. Actually, I'm just disappointed with the show right now in general, even 2 episodes in. The animation certainly is poor, but can be looked past. However, the action scenes just don't capture the feel of a game, and everything is lacking in an impact.

As for Tatsumi's coaching skill, I know confidence means alot, but that and physical fitness are not enough to pull out a game. Experience and skill is what really wins, not necessarily mobility. If the any real group of starters would knock the crap out a bunch of young subs, skill-wise and physically. And you are a piss-poor athlete if you are that tired after running for only thirty minutes. ETU must have some really crappy players to have such a thing happen. But when going against real competition with these promoted 'subs', they should get slaughtered. In soccer, experience and skill is a greater factor than being fit; and the other teams will have fit and experienced players.

Tatsumi's got to have something better up his sleeve, or this is going to be one long season of another unrealistic sports anime. These tactics might work in another sport, but certainly don't fit into a real soccer atmosphere.
May 5, 2010 2:45 AM

Feb 2010
My GUESS for takeshi leaving the team and joining the England in the Past..

He wanted to know soccer better from England's perspective as they are the ones on top of the soccer leaderboards..
To Learn all the strategies from them and later join the Japan team(ETU) once again to implement them and Bring the underdogs to No. 1 in the world!!

According to me 2nd episode was slightly a let down compared to the 1st one..
Hope it gets better...
Signature removed. Please follow the site rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 2010 11:47 AM
Sep 2009
very promising, very shiny next I hope they'll finnally make a rugby anime.
Oct 2, 2010 11:36 PM

Aug 2010
I also liked the press conference, but telling them to self-train while he warmed himself up from the cold was even better. From the second episode, I can tell that this series is going to be a lot like One Outs; the main characters are pretty similar and just as outrageous and unconventional.
Oct 27, 2010 4:51 PM

Aug 2009
Haha what a press conference.

First time I'm trying the sports genre in anime and the only reason I'm gonna continue is Tatsumi.
Aug 12, 2013 7:21 PM

Jul 2012
This anime isn't making me engaged enough.... I felt like yawning.
Apr 12, 2014 10:43 PM

Sep 2013
Damn it, Jorginho hahahaha.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Giant Killing Episode 5 Discussion

throwaway513846 - May 2, 2010

45 by Dywei »»
Jan 28, 5:16 AM

Poll: » Giant Killing Episode 16 Discussion

helur - Jul 18, 2010

28 by cableguyjay »»
Sep 11, 2023 5:42 PM

Poll: » Giant Killing Episode 17 Discussion

BitchMaster - Jul 25, 2010

29 by tinker3bellz1 »»
Mar 19, 2023 10:04 PM

Poll: » Giant Killing Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kagura89 - Apr 4, 2010

99 by ryzxgum »»
Jan 29, 2023 6:14 PM

Poll: » Giant Killing Episode 19 Discussion

devilangell - Aug 8, 2010

38 by Shiroko_kun »»
Oct 7, 2022 12:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.