Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 2, 2022 7:07 AM

Dec 2016
It's finally airing. I almost forgot about it until I got a notification from MAL.

This makes me wanna play badminton, too bad I don't have anyone to play with. My racket and shuttlecock is probably covered in spider web...

Just by this first episode I can say that this is 10 times better than Futsal Boys. I'm gonna enjoy this till the end.

That bow tie scene was hilarious XD

Mikoto and Tatsuru as a pair would give so much Laurent and Edamura vibes.

Tatsuru was so casually making up their ship name XD

Liked both the OP and ED, especially Mafumafu's one is so relaxing.
Feb 2, 2022 10:29 AM

Nov 2012
Loved 1st ep!

Miyazumi gives me a lot of Asakura You vibes, but with tons of more energy

My Candies:

Feb 3, 2022 2:33 PM
Dec 2020
Very good first episode! The animation and visuals are amazing. Haven't been this impressed by visuals in an anime in a while!

Overall, first ep was a chef's kiss ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป
Feb 3, 2022 2:36 PM
Dec 2020
Chaplin87 said:
The animation looks amazing. Glad we get another rare sports anime among all the isekais. Looking forward for the next episodes.
Couldn't agree more! Looking forward for the next episode as well.
Feb 3, 2022 6:36 PM

Jul 2021
Xweda said:
CQLLIST said:
at least it's not going to make me cry about it just like what I did in Hanebado!

Cry like in a good or a bad way? Even tho I loved the anime at first, after reading the manga it was easy to say that the anime doesn't do any favors to the gem Hanebado! is.

In a bad way, I love Hanebado in the 1st half but the 2nd half got me triggered when knowing what Ayano's mother did to Ayano herself when she was a child and I can overreact every time I see that scene :(
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Feb 3, 2022 7:15 PM
Jul 2016
I saw this anime on TikTok and damn, I'm super hyped! I still think it's strange salarymen playing badminton seriously, I never saw this before, but I like it. The animation is freaking good, I love it. The characters are okay, it's just the first episode, we have to wait and see what's next. Overall, I really liked this episode, looking forward to the next one!
Feb 5, 2022 11:57 PM

Dec 2020
DANGG enoki junya here as well?? ive alr been interested in this show for a while but man what a bonus๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

this blonde guy got me grinning n shit broooo he done did it. im whipped for him

its quite silly in some parts and pretty generic, you can already tell what mc's trauma/backstory is buttt those aren't rly a bad thing, honestly im liking it a lot. more than i thought i would too :o

mafumafu ed <3 hearts. op was rly cool too

wonder who that kid at the end was? his eyes were similar to mikoto's
Feb 6, 2022 7:11 AM

Jun 2020
Ai bo!!!!!!!!!!!! (โŽโฬดฬ›แด—โฬดฬ›โŽ)

Omg Junya’s voice is perfectttttttttt fits Mikoto so well. I’m really loving it. It’s even better than what I’d expected it to be and I love the setting. The animation is pretty fluid, the boys looked so good playing badminton. OP and ED are great as well, the ED visuals so prettyโ™ก_โ™ก

Also not sure what’s making me weaker Tatsu’s body or hIS PONYTAILLLLLL omg he’s so cute. Goofy n sexy.

๊•ค but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing
๊•ค

Feb 8, 2022 8:05 PM
Jul 2018
Great episode 1, it was funny tragic and fun to watch!!
All the Characters are great and animation was really smooth. And ofcourse I'm a Badaryman XD
Feb 12, 2022 12:02 PM
ๅญ”็œŸใƒปใ‚ณใ‚ฆใƒžใ‚ณใƒˆ

Jun 2017
Okay, that's a decent first episode. A lot of obvious comparison to Hanebado! but I feel like this show is closer to Taisou Zamurai. Adults and a double-team, this should be interesting.

First up, the interactions between the two main leads was intriguing to keep up with and boy, that was one heck of a match. Lidenfilms certainly delivering with the fluid animation here, to boot.

Yikes, what a send-off from the previous workplace. Definitely curious to see how he'll pay back the favour.

Op seemed fine but the ED at least thanks to mafumafu will undoubtedly grow on me.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 18, 2022 11:31 PM

Jun 2019
Finally got the time to watch this show. And, first impressions... pretty fucking solid. The production quality on this one is really good. The animation is really great. OSTs are solid and OP and ED are amazing. Great job, LIDENFILMS.

Pretty standard first episode. But, I enjoyed the characters and their interactions. Solid start.
Feb 20, 2022 1:33 AM

Dec 2013
Ohhhhhhh. I started to watch this without reading the plot but this is nice! Can't wait to see more eps.

โ˜…โ”โ”โ”€
๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต?
๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ?

Mar 5, 2022 10:56 PM
Oct 2019
I'm watching the dub. So somebody help me out here, what is "battery" man? Or is it badary, like badminton + salary? is this a play on words in japanese that doesn't quite translate to english?

anyways, that dude seems pretty cool. kind of getting haikyuu vibes. with the prodigy who's in a rut, and the energetic teammate that will open up his eyes to a new path in life and sport

solid start. 7/10
Mar 17, 2022 4:42 PM

Oct 2016
First impression: Amusing, but predictable.

I'm getting tired of the whole "MC loses in a match and is now forced to join the team" cliché.
I would've prefered if Mikoto had won the match against Tatsuru, had some self-reflection where he decides to face his past, and then agreed to play double by his own free will.
I sincerely hope the anime gets better from here.
Mar 18, 2022 1:26 AM

Nov 2011
I'm normally not into sports anime but this was really enjoyable! I'm excited to see what happens next!
Mar 31, 2022 11:14 PM

Jan 2020
I actually like this a lot. Simple but enjoyable. The animation is so beautiful, I think I'm sold.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Apr 17, 2022 12:13 AM

May 2020
The game was actually kind of entertaining to watch but the characters are very, very meh. Hope that improves in the future.
May 21, 2022 1:31 AM

Jul 2015
Sports anime involving salaryman who train at an elementary school, interesting start so far.

Shiratori got some bad luck at the start with not only getting fired but also replaced by his mother with a freaking Iguana.

Jun 3, 2022 9:01 PM

Apr 2016
Typical sports anime revamped with handsome salarymen, it was enjoyable let's see if it doesn't get boring.
Jul 12, 2022 9:33 PM

Jan 2015
Didn't read the summary at all (or pay enough attention to the cover art, clearly) so I was surprised that this ended up being a sports anime. This is the first time I've heard of corporate badminton, so I wonder what the balance of workplace anime and sports anime will be (or if there'll any of the former at all). Natto soda tho...

Lots of cool shots even outside the action. Wondering how they're going to manage to fit that many team matches in this cour, just based off the OP.

I don't know how to feel about the mc's "power" being foresight, given my favorite character... lol.

I like how the challenge match ended up being more close than what I expected (which was just a straight beat-down). Feels more satisfying that way.

The character designs aren't really my thing but they feel less outwardly trashy than the other male sports anime from this season (sorry to those who like it). The skintight leggings and arm guards are some nice but subtle and diegetic fanservice.

Hope they explain the rules of the game more later on.
Nov 20, 2023 5:11 PM
Apr 2023
i thought that the mc was trash at the game. his abilities having flaws. i liked it
Dec 14, 2023 1:47 AM
Jan 2021
Mikato Shiratori. He is an interesting fellow. His backstory reminds me of Kimichika Hajima from 2.43 Seiin High School Boys Volleyball Team.

I was searching for sports anime and I tried Birdie’s Golf and I wasn’t a fan. I searched for tennis as that can be really exciting when it’s animated and as I result, I found the next best thing, badminton. Mikato has a lot going on. He works this corporate job that also has a badminton team and something happened to his doubles partner that resulted in him insisting on playing singles.

But then he meets this goofy guy, Tatsuru Miyazumi, who supposedly sees through Mikato’s depressing attitude and ends up challenging him to a single’s match. We see what makes Mikato so good at badminton and we see that Tatsuru isn’t a slouch. It was obvious for the sake of story progression that Mikato was going to lose so that he gets back into doubles badminton and confronts the demons of his past.

I plan to finish this series and learn more about Mikato and hopefully it won’t be as predictable as the results of Mikato vs. Tatsuru.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ryman's Club Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Apr 16, 2022

50 by ankara »»
Dec 31, 2023 3:49 PM

Poll: » Ryman's Club Episode 2 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 5, 2022

38 by KingBaller06 »»
Dec 14, 2023 3:08 PM

Poll: » Ryman's Club Episode 3 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 12, 2022

35 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 8, 2023 9:33 AM

» Ryman club broadcast in Malaysian TV

RMX_90 - Nov 2, 2023

3 by Cellider »»
Nov 3, 2023 5:05 AM

Poll: » Ryman's Club Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 26, 2022

12 by vidrar_sky »»
Mar 18, 2023 8:00 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.