Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 29, 2022 11:45 AM

Aug 2020
Great episode!

Gojou had a difficult time working with the cosplay Marin asked, and to make things more complicated there were tests in a couple of days. The third issue was his grandfather's accident, but fortunately he didn't get any fatal wounds.

Gojou discovered Marin didn't have any hurry with the cosplay, and she felt bad knowing he worked so hard with it even with his grandpa's back issue. Fortunately, the cosplay was already finished and Marin became a nice Shizuku-tan. The work was perfect!

Jan 29, 2022 11:46 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Poor Gojo almost worked himself to death trying to take care of his grandpa, midterms, and a last minute tour of the doll shop. Somehow Gojo was able to finish the outfit although there was a slight miscommunication between Gojo and Marin on if she was going to cosplay at the event or not causing a lot of unnecessary stress on Gojo's part. The outfit that Gojo made turn out to be a great success as Marin became the spitting image of Shizuku-tan which made her so happy because she looked so beautiful.

Jan 29, 2022 11:48 AM
Jun 2021
Raizel said:
Hmmmm is it just me or that crying was a bit exaggerated?

Decent episode Gojou showed he is a decent mc and not just typical mediocre.

Not exaggeration, imagine you think someone is not finding time to talk to you just because that person must be busy with his own business only later to find out how much that person was struggling for your sake, so you can expect such reaction from an expressive character like Marin
Jan 29, 2022 11:51 AM
Jun 2021
I can confidently say that this romcom stand outs perfectly among numerous romcoms, and this episode by far was the best and most relatable for the genre of Slice of Life

If it keeps moving in similar manner, then I would be proud to give it a 9
Jan 29, 2022 11:57 AM

Nov 2016
Yo, these lovely leg stockings had grandpa shook. And who would blame him after what he witnessed recently?

For real, though. This part reminded me so much of Hajime no Ippo
There's an easy way out here, however, that is better communication. But I understand that Gojo in particular is still a reserved person who keeps his pent-up feelings hidden. Fortunately things turned out well and the result of his work is more than presentable.

Gotta agree that this was the best episode so far.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 29, 2022 12:14 PM

Oct 2019
One of the best episode.
OST also really good for slice of life anime
Must say this episode is 10/10,couldn't ask for more
Jan 29, 2022 12:27 PM
Jan 2016
MuZe- said:
Swagernator said:
Our Basic-kun cant help himself can't he, hes just that much of a hard worker, and we all know that by the rules of the anime, if you are a nice guy whos nice to all girls and you just cant say no to anyone, you work hard every day, the ministry of Japanese internal affairs will send you a hot looking blonde gyaru girl to take care of you.

The main-kun trully is a juggernaut of the anthropomorphism isnt he. I feel like im watching a dog doing human tasks.

Gojo can't seem to catch a break huh, not in the show and also not here
Just ignore the haters
Jan 29, 2022 12:34 PM

Dec 2013
Getting to watch her front row with the costume seems like a good enough reward, right now the one tiny complain I have about the show is that sure, she helped him get more confidence but as of this moment she's been getting all the benefits, I hope she also helps hims considerably with his life be it emotional support, pushing him to improve with the dolls or whatever.
Jan 29, 2022 12:35 PM
Jan 2016
Raizel said:

Maybe it was a bit much but I think the animators wanted to express how thankful and worried she was for Gojou.

You have to remember that Gojou is pretty much the first friend, whom can not only make her a cosplay outfit but is someone whom she can share her interests with unlike her actual clique of friends, which she expressed in the previous episode.

Also on top of his grandpa's hospitalization, watching the store, and his midterms, He put his literal blood, sweat, and tears to finish her outfit before the event. Marin being the kind hearted individual felt bad for not telling him that she didn't need it immediately and was heartbroken she made her friend feel like he had to push himself to such lengths.
prrgangstaJan 29, 2022 12:47 PM
Jan 29, 2022 12:36 PM

Apr 2012
If this was any other type of anime Goju kun would collect for his hard work and Marin would be obligated to pay up in full.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jan 29, 2022 12:37 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The cosplay was absolute fire. She is Shizuku-tan.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 29, 2022 12:38 PM
May 2021
I really like the way Marin is sympathetic towards Gojo for the misunderstanding, and is also very supportive of his hobby/dream. Marin = Best girl Winter 2022
ASOIAF is the best piece of fiction

Jan 29, 2022 12:39 PM
Oct 2021
Abredon said:
AkeZZZ said:
Marin looks so beautiful as Shizuku-tan.

The OP's MV

I prefer the ED'S MV

The ED MV brings joy.
Jan 29, 2022 12:47 PM

Jun 2020
Damn. The soundtrack's really good.
Jan 29, 2022 12:49 PM

Jul 2014
I've seen many dumb ways to open an episode of anime, but "grandfather gets injured and goes to the hospital because he thinks his grandson is gay/trans or something cos he bought stockings" is probably one of the dumbest starts to an episode of anime I've ever seen.

Ha ha ha, isn't gay panic just hilarious /s
Jan 29, 2022 12:59 PM

May 2018
Intense episode, my man had a breakdown lol.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Jan 29, 2022 1:06 PM

May 2015
ProofByColor said:
Classic case of horrible communication, but this time lead to more dire consequences. Gotta squeeze that toxic overworking in there. There was a clear mental and physical health decline but whatever the blond girl smiled at me. At least he sort of learned his lesson in the end...

Damn, you’d think if you were being this cynical you would have dropped the show already. It’s not hard.

Jan 29, 2022 1:07 PM

May 2015
Atavistic said:
I've seen many dumb ways to open an episode of anime, but "grandfather gets injured and goes to the hospital because he thinks his grandson is gay/trans or something cos he bought stockings" is probably one of the dumbest starts to an episode of anime I've ever seen.

Imagine getting offended by that lol.

Jan 29, 2022 1:08 PM

Jan 2021
Grandpa probably still thinking about what he saw fall out of Gojo’s bag he’s probably also thinking where it all went wrong
Jan 29, 2022 1:38 PM
Nov 2021
Definitely the best episode so far.
Jan 29, 2022 1:50 PM

May 2020
Jan 29, 2022 1:52 PM

Feb 2019
My man worked his ass off and it paid out she looks totally adorable
Jan 29, 2022 1:53 PM

Jan 2021
Gojo was so relatable this episode. Not being able to say no, taking extra work, family member gets injured and trying to cram for midterms. I really felt for him this episode. But seeing how well the outfit turned out and how happy she was makes the circumstances less crappy.
Jan 29, 2022 1:58 PM
Mar 2016
In the first 3 episodes I saw a well made romance-ecchi anime with a kawaii heroine that is monopolizing twittter and maybe the other social too, but in this episode i had to welcome a surprising more depthful and mature contenent.
Hoping this will go on like this!!
Jan 29, 2022 2:00 PM
May 2020
gojo really pulled through there
Jan 29, 2022 2:13 PM

Feb 2017
oh brother, i KNEW that kitagawa was gonna say that she wasnt planning to cosplay at that convention & that gojo was gonna have the whole thing finished anyways. manga writing at its finest - just miscommunication after miscommunication.

dont blame kitagawa at all. gojo didnt have one single brain cell telling him that he should text kitagawa to confirm about when she wanted the cosplay ready by? good fricking god gojo is such an annoying character.

cosplay looks amazing tho. kitagawa looks stunning

placeholder text
Jan 29, 2022 2:13 PM

Jul 2021
Now that Gojo is alone in his house and he has finished the first outfit Kitagawa asked him to make, I think the anime will have more development on the main characters and the episodes will get better.
asdasdsadad
Jan 29, 2022 2:14 PM

May 2021
Great episode! I loved this probably more than the way this scene happened in the manga! Gojo thinks he only has 2 weeks left to make Marin's cosplay even with exams on the horizon and his grandpa being unwell and in actually, that's not the case...
Marin as Shizuku looks awesome!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jan 29, 2022 2:15 PM

Nov 2019
No matter how you think of it, this trying hard incident is still unconvincing in whatever direction to take, as before starting to make something, people will have to plan it thoroughly beforehand. Plot convenience...
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Jan 29, 2022 2:15 PM

Nov 2019
Poor Gojo, he managed to actually complete the dress is an amazing feat, but one he shouldn't have pushed himself to do... I'm glad him and Marin managed to talk about it in the end though. It was well executed with both of their feelings there and clear

Also, that cosplay is perfection
Jan 29, 2022 2:18 PM
Jul 2018
Atavistic said:

Why assume it has to do with being gay/trans? In the last episode, the grandfather saw the MC playing an ecchi game. It looked like the show was implying the stocking part was a continuation of that gag.

My interpretation is that the grandfather
A. thought it was some kind of perverted interest... everyone knows males being caught with female undergarments because of perversion is a classic anime trope.
B. might have picked up that the MC's friend is a "girl" ... might be shocked his grandson has an association with a lady.
or C. was just genuinely caught off guard. The grandfather pondered if he bought a book or CD, and stockings are just so drastically different from his expectations. Anime characters are often exaggerated and tend to fall over when they're surprised about something.

Also, I feel like a guy buying stockings would more so insinuate being trans rather than gay. So I am pretty confident sexuality had nothing to do with the scene.

But to instantly come to the conclusion that they're putting down gay/trans people and chastise the episode for it is a bit petty and presumptuous. I'm all for different interpretations, but for it to lead to legitimate complaining...

Especially when the entire point of this anime is about acceptance. I.e. boys having an interest in dolls and making female clothing. I feel like this isn't the type of story to have an issue with gay/trans people.

TO BE FAIR, though, I was disappointed that they never addressed the REASON for the grandfather's shock. I figured they'd at least depict him asking his grandson about the stockings. I would agree that this is a flaw in the episode. The stockings are the entire reason the grandfather went to the hospital -- you'd figure he'd at least inquire. Then maybe we WOULD know if the grandfather underwent "gay panic".
removed-userJan 29, 2022 2:25 PM
Jan 29, 2022 2:25 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty hard-hitting episode. There are some heavier elements in the show now like aging and sleep deprivation and self-doubt.

I thought the crying on Marin's part was pretty realistic. Sometimes shows try too hard to be emotional by forcing tears, but everything seemed pretty natural here.

Another observation I wanted to make -- 2020/2021/2022 seasonal slice-of-life anime always start off grandiose and cinematic and then by the third or fourth episode stoop down to a normal level, production-wise. I'm not nit-picking for ways to praise this show -- but I have really observed that this show has retained the same gorgeous quality. Like, every single shot, no matter how mundane, always looks SO 'pretty' for lack of better words. All the shots are just so nice to look at.

The sound design is great too. I remember during the fanservice episode when the MC slapped himself in the face, and it caught you off guard. Or during episode one when she banged her head off the desk. I thought the same thing when the grandfather fell during this episode. The sound his back or rear made genuinely didn't sound good!

And yeah. The grandfather is such a nice character. It was actually kinda hard to watch him having to go to the hospital. Again, the implication being that he's aging quickly. I don't know where the story is going, but I hope the MC doesn't lose his one-parent figure.

Alongside the grandfather's health, the "stress" this kid faced was well-handled for the plot. With the grandfather, school exams, outfit, and even having to give a tour -- I know all too well what it's like to multitask and feel overloaded. Good subject to tackle for adolescents.

The theme of self-doubt was also well-executed. Liking something but not being good at it is pretty tragic.

The light moments and the more solemn moments were all so good -- this was a 10/10 episode. Liked it just as much as Episode 1 and 3, if not more. Which is WHY it's SUCH a shame the way they handled Episode 2. Seriously, they could have skipped the BULK of Episode 2 and went right into Episode 3 ... and devoted a whole episode (or chapter, if there's a manga) to fanservice and measuring LATER on in the story. That probably would've been more rewarding. Since we barely knew the Marin character earlier on. Excusing the second episode, this is seriously a 9/10 or 10/10 anime. As of now, I only gave it an 8/10 so as to not jump the gun and jinx the experience. Quality show, though.

P.S. You really can't be mad at Marin because the MC didn't bother keeping in touch with her. But the MC's an OG for not being angry or bitter. Talking out a misunderstanding is always better than jumping the gun.

P.S.S. I thought it was a cute detail that the MC's cousin (at the hospital) had a little mole on her face, like the MC does. That's how you could tell they were related. 😂
Jan 29, 2022 2:30 PM

May 2010
Raizel said:

Also thought it was a bit much, i can see tearing up but full on crying for x-minutes to the point that u have to blow ur nose.. eh..

imo the grandpa thing was a bit much as well, he fell on his ass that's it, if he broke his hip he/we'd know.
having him stay over after doctors cleared him and causing all this semi-panic just to make the mc seem more stressed or have more stuff on his plate kinda stuffed the ep with empty air.
Jan 29, 2022 2:31 PM
Oct 2021
Honestly now I don’t know where this animes gonna go from here ??
Jan 29, 2022 2:49 PM

Apr 2015
Damn, Gojo juggling study, family and hobby, in the hope that everything fits into 24 hours every day.. Sleep excluded, sometimes by the looks of it. Never try this in real life...

That communication error though. You would almost say that Gojo worked his ass off to reach a deadline that wasn't meant to be. He did a fantastic job as he completed it before the deadline regardless, but the best part was Marin's reaction afterwards, she knew she messed up a little there.

Either way, Marin looked fantastic in her Shizuku cosplay!! Now Gojo can get some sleep.
Also I saw what you snuck in there Marin!
Jan 29, 2022 2:53 PM
May 2021
This episode (just as every episode before) is simply amazing.

There was one thing that I wanted to ask, could somebody who has read the manga spoil me a bit and tell me 1) If they actually get together and be something more than just friends with a similar passion? 2) And if so (which I realllllly hope is the case), how many more episodes do you think it will take (just a guess is enough)?
Jan 29, 2022 3:12 PM

Nov 2021
the dress is finally done! kitagawa looked like another character when wearing the dress, i guess she really became what she likes. Goju will be sleeping for few days lol

Jan 29, 2022 3:16 PM

May 2015
NotGonnaLie21 said:

There was one thing that I wanted to ask, could somebody who has read the manga spoil me a bit and tell me 1) If they actually get together and be something more than just friends with a similar passion? 2) And if so (which I realllllly hope is the case), how many more episodes do you think it will take (just a guess is enough)?

Jan 29, 2022 3:36 PM

Aug 2020
Gojou finished the cosplay dress for Marin! She really looks like Shizuku-tan from Slippery Girls 2 XD. Everything was adapted beautifully. The fanservice is also beautiful.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jan 29, 2022 3:52 PM
May 2021
billybub said:
NotGonnaLie21 said:

I reallllly hope I did the spoiler thingy correct
Jan 29, 2022 4:13 PM

Oct 2021
Freaking Marin man, for such an outgoing person she's dense as hell
It's nice to see her offering help tho it tooks her 4 episodes just for that.

Of course Marin is the one that Gojou remember at his lowest, yet he forgets that homie material in episode 1, dammit man guess we found simp of the season.

Still doesn't understand about Gojou's trauma and his pathetic virgin act when he meets many guys that into hina dolls like that.

Gojou smile moment's great tho, you better protect that damn smile, Marin!
EdgyLord666Jan 29, 2022 4:17 PM
Jan 29, 2022 4:23 PM

Oct 2011
I really wished Gojo talked with Marin about not be able to finish in time and they solve the situation... in the end he just worked like crazy and finished in time, instead...

I feel some weird twisted message here... like, "if you are overwhelmed with stuff, just "ganbare"... seeing the satisfaction of others people will worth you work your ass off until exaustion, get extressed and compromise your health" ... ^^'

I mean, not the anime's fault... I probably just a little frustrated because is relatable... I remember priorizing all the "obligations" people threw at me, instead of my own welfare some time ago... and that's definitely not good... feels a little weird seeing this be presented kinda in a positive way... "all ended well because he worked hard and finished everything... and seeing she smile after the work done make everything worth" ... ugh
Jan 29, 2022 4:36 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Nice episode, we finally get to see Marin cosplaying for the first time, of many.
Gojou depressive scene was well adapted, he really steeled himself there so he could make Marin smile, this ship is really soo adorable, and Marin tears...

You can easily see the romance is already developing, when he smiled that really got to Marin, such expressive eyes.
This adaptation will only get better, with the possibility to end really strong with the last cosplay, that was soo cute, and had an absolute 10/10 chapter.

Really, this series is too adorable to put in words, it has its spice, some nice fanservice, but I dont think at all that diminuishes its charm and cuteness.

IF Kaguya Sana S3 wasnt bound to come this year, knowing what it will adapt, I could easily already proclaim this the most adorable romcom of the year, it certainly deserves it, and the manga is equally awesome.
Everything about this series is just ADORABLE, I foresee many critical hits will be landed by Marin over the course of this adaptation, people wont be able to avoid tagging that favorite button~~
I m just waiting for Marin's cosplay on Rizu, then I can happily add her to my favorites officially~~

shash_king18 said:
I can confidently say that this romcom stand outs perfectly among numerous romcoms, and this episode by far was the best and most relatable for the genre of Slice of Life

If it keeps moving in similar manner, then I would be proud to give it a 9

I have gone to read the manga on wednesday because I couldnt wait, by now I have surpassed the point where we know the anime will adapt, also from the cosplays we see on the OP... the best is yet to come, Marin will get even more adorable and her interactions with Gojou dont disappoint.
Besides there are other characters that will also be nice to see adapted, point is, this is nothing.
Next episode should be even better, because Marin is really CUTE and bright and when cosplaying it goes even further, besides most cosplays she does are 10/10, and she also drops some bombs that will make one LMAO out of this world.

I really want to her Marin's quote next episode, she is definitly the Best Sex Slave Shizuku's. xD

billybub said:
NotGonnaLie21 said:

Dreystah said:
Abredon said:

I prefer the ED'S MV

The ED MV brings joy.

The OP is not bad, if anything, I like its creativeness, but yeah, the ED song is just too cute, so I prefer too.
PlaycoolJan 29, 2022 4:44 PM
Jan 29, 2022 4:55 PM

Nov 2017
Too many sugar in this eps xD

Jan 29, 2022 6:30 PM
Apr 2021
BRUH THE SFX WHEN MARIN BLEW HER NOSE LITERALLY CAUGHT ME OFF GUARD LMAOO
Jan 29, 2022 6:36 PM

Jun 2015
This is the moment when I have utter respect towards Gojo. The courage to get your sh*t done despite your crippling anxiety of possibly disappointing the ones you love is one hell of a skill to have in this game called life.

Gah...!!!! What's with that Godly cosplay?! Feast it into my eyes!!
Jan 29, 2022 6:44 PM

May 2021
I liked how it built up the first half of the episode, it ended up being extremely emotional and powerful in terms of relatability, the usage of the passion of the gramps and how it plays with the concept of effort and nurturing your skills does a good job to get across the motivations. The second half was a little silly and broke the momentum, for me, I still cant get engaged with the character of Marin, it doesnt feel human yet, but the cosplay part was alright and interesting

Jan 29, 2022 6:56 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Damn, he really finishing out the outfit in two weeks, even with all the trouble goin out left and right. Feels bad for his grandpa, but more feels bad for Gojo with all that suffer. He really should've ask Kitagawa to come in. Fortunately he remembered something that pump out the spirit again in the final moment. Ofc there's no other thing than Kitagawa smile. When she's sobbing out like that, if only Gojo dare to hugged her and say some cool things, it will be a great romance moment. Well, thats fine everything went back into normal and Kitagawa got that rare moment when Gojo smile. Thats a wholesome part, not to mention she really wore and became that gothic girl. Perfect girl of the season, right there.

Nice episode. Lets see if she's about to attend the cosplay event or not....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 29, 2022 6:59 PM

Apr 2020
Wow just wow. Too bad I'm distracted by a game of NBA in the background, but wow this was an episode. Character developments, as minimal as it may be, is very noticeable in this episode. Gojou has clearly went leaps throughout this one, and Marin (and pretty much most of us) has finally realized it.

What happens if you're back is against the wall, your gramps is hurt bad, the obligations on the shop is yours to work with, important tests in the school, and the ticking time bomb which is the deadline for the cosplay event? Everything's needed to be met by our boy which clearly hasn't seen this much of a workload ever in his life. And looking at Gojou and the way he turned it around made me think "oh we might have the best boy of this season in this show as well".

With all things said and done, as Marin gazes at the suit of her dreams, and seeing how beaten badly our Gojou is now, and then she cried....ladies and gentlemen, the show has truly hit me. Seeing how these two has finally made to their destination, with Gojou fulfilling his promise to Marin finally becoming Shizuku-tan, the show has reached its initial peak.

May this show peak more in the coming episodes, and seeing how Marin saw Gojou truly smile...let's just say that their relationship has reached new peaks as well.
Jan 29, 2022 7:08 PM

Mar 2020
Arigatoo Gojo-kun!!!

Because of your hard work Marin-chan's outfit is so great and beautiful. She's totally Shizuku-tan!!!
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2022

394 by twzter »»
Apr 17, 1:29 PM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Homura24 - Mar 26, 2022

483 by LeRaMtE »»
Apr 3, 2:50 PM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2022

365 by LuffyHammock94 »»
Mar 21, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2022

242 by SonuItUp »»
Mar 20, 7:44 PM

» Is Marin fujoshi?

Sanjay63773 - Feb 29

13 by Gloozed »»
Mar 18, 9:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.