Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sasaki and Miyano
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 10, 2022 3:12 PM

Nov 2008
hell yeah man sasamiya is here to save anime
Jan 10, 2022 7:39 PM
Aug 2021
As someone who is entering the BL I want to say that I like to find a story in which it seems there is no typical toxicity, that is ... That there is, for example, affection or non-consensual sexual relations, in which the most "effeminate" begs the most masculine to stop but the other one continues, this seems to be far from that and that's why I'll give it a chance :) It also caught my attention because when I saw the cover they reminded me of Mafuyu and Uenoyama from Given, physically, only in reverse!
Jan 10, 2022 11:29 PM
Jan 2022
i really like this one but, im just curious if the story uses some overused plots such as third parties, misunderstanding or things??
Jan 11, 2022 12:01 AM
Oct 2020
Ahhhhh!! I just loved it. The facial features is as same as manga even the expression and it went according to the manga.The moments between Sasaki's and Miyano's went very well it was not awkward or anything.
The animation is good nit too bad.
Jan 11, 2022 12:04 AM

Aug 2019
An okay start; pacing seems all over the place though. The interactions feel too forced but that should get better moving forward. I hope they tone down the excessive background effects at least.

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
Jan 11, 2022 12:39 AM

Oct 2008
oh my gosh this is so gay! but at least not hardcore torrid gay YAOI like the recent once...
3/5.

Jan 11, 2022 12:43 AM

Jan 2021
"MYAA-CHAN!" (灬´ᴗ`灬)♡

Seeing Sasamiya in animated form really makes me happy. So fluffy, cute and sweet :") especially the ED.

I don't know what else to say, I can't stop smiling while watching it even I'm still smiling while typing this.

Jan 11, 2022 12:45 AM

May 2017
Love this, they're so cute
Jan 11, 2022 6:13 AM

Jan 2021
The romance felt kinda rushed and unnatural, still somewhat good though it might be because of the non-linear way the show is, or maybe the romance part of it was a bit too quick or something else idk

Still was somewhat wholesome and good

Though I dont normally watch BL, so idk if this is how most BL are
Jan 11, 2022 11:02 AM

Jan 2021
The episode feels pretty disjointed. IDK probably skip this anime.
Jan 11, 2022 3:32 PM
Mar 2021
FuMomo-kun said:
I had read the manga a few years ago because of its adorable art, but I remember I'd dropped it for multiple reasons that I'd forgotten. But, now I remember why I had dropped it. The story feels like a fujoshi talking about how brilliant fujoshis are. It got tiring after a while.

The non-linear story telling is not really necessary here. This is not a mystery. They could have rearranged the events chronologically, since that would work better.

I was not planning to watch this anime, but I wanted some BL in my life, and this is the only option this season. Also, Ani One is uploading this legally, and that's always a good thing.

The art isn't as cute and soft as the manga. It's still good, but I wish it looked softer in some way. The art was the best part about the manga for me.

i dont see what you're seeing
Jan 11, 2022 3:34 PM
Mar 2021
matias067 said:
oh my gosh this is so gay! but at least not hardcore torrid gay YAOI like the recent once...
3/5.

you've been trolling bl fans for three years now. its time to grow up.
Jan 11, 2022 8:05 PM

Apr 2021
The structure of the first episode was a little weird (constant switching from present to flashback), but overall I'm pretty intrigued by it so far. It seems cute and while not completely void of some of the aspects of the BL genre (ex: grabbing the other's shoulders in a dramatic manner), it wasn't common and didn't feel fetishy.
For how hyped this adaptation is, I hope it turns out to be a cute mlm SoL! Looking forward to future episodes.
Jan 12, 2022 3:26 AM

Nov 2013
Issei_Ddraig said:
Gardevoir101 said:
A pretty faithful adaptation so far. Expressions are great, particularly Sasaki's, and animation isn't too bad, looking forward to the rest!

Im assuming that you have already read the manga? If yes, then are there any other couples besides them?

There's currently an ongoing spin-off featuring Hirano and his roomate, Kagiura, titled Hirano to Kagiura.
Jan 12, 2022 5:35 AM

Jan 2020
I think it's an alright first episode. It looks like it'll be super light-hearted and simply cute. They can work a bit better on the dialogue, but it's a decent first episode. We'll see what this will develop into.
orugio said:
I gasped a lot like I've already read the manga but them being voiced feels different. Anyhow, has anyone else noticed that seiyuus in BL animes are always the same?
Yeah, that's a thing in BL. Seiyuus are usually the same. For example, you can't say BL without saying Uchida Yuuma LOL.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Jan 12, 2022 7:23 AM
Jan 2022
I'm not into romance/slice of life anime and I think this is my first boy's love anime and it was fine

Some the things they're awkward about is a bit strange but I guess that comes with the terriorty of this genre?

3/5
Jan 12, 2022 9:34 AM

Jan 2021
CHILLEDPHOENIX said:
The romance felt kinda rushed and unnatural, still somewhat good though it might be because of the non-linear way the show is, or maybe the romance part of it was a bit too quick or something else idk

Still was somewhat wholesome and good

Though I dont normally watch BL, so idk if this is how most BL are

Huh? The romance is not rushed at all lol; it’s actually a slow burn. Sasaki did develop feelings a little fast, but they’re not together yet, and what was shown at the beginning wasn’t “love at first sight” but more like a premonition of getting there.
skylucarioJan 12, 2022 9:50 AM

Before you try revolutionizing the country, why don’t you revolutionize yourself first? - 土方十四郎
Jan 12, 2022 2:41 PM

Jan 2017
haven't watched bl in long time and almost forgot how cringe this shit is
Jan 12, 2022 9:40 PM

Sep 2020
Im a huge yuri fan but now, Im taking a shot for my 1st BL anime on this series, it's my first time to watch a BL anime and I like it so far.
Worth the shot, I guess.

Fluffy moments on the 1st epi, let's see if I can stick around with this. Love the art as well.
it’s never too late for life ... to go horribly wrong. . . afff~
Jan 12, 2022 9:46 PM
Apr 2021
Didn't know what to expect, it wasn't bad but I felt like the story moved a little too quick?Didn't feel like I got to understand much from the characters, it is only the first episode, tho..
Like how the characters interact, tho
Jan 13, 2022 6:29 AM
May 2020
ooo! This is a very promising first episode! Looking forward to the next one
Jan 13, 2022 7:10 AM

Mar 2020
skylucario said:
Oh yeah, another thing, for those worried about the confusing flashbacks: Those don’t pop up at all later in the manga, which follows a very linear plot. The first volume or so wasn’t officially serialized, hence it being kind of a mess and having a different feel from the later manga. The pace also slows down quite a bit.

devastatingdance said:

Y'all have been saying that since No.6 in 2011, Yuri on ice in 2016, Banana Fish in 2018, Given in 2019, Umibe no Etranger in 2020.... consider that maybe there are plenty of good BL lol

I would not say No. 6, BF, or Given are wholesome, nor that Umibe no Étranger is unproblematic. That might just be my opinion, and it’s fine that they’re not; they still have merit and people are allowed to enjoy them. Additionally, out of these, ONLY THE LAST TWO are actually BL; the others just have queer male characters. This kind of weakens your argument, especially considering that the person who said that may have been referring to “BL” that focuses primarily on romance, as most do. There are not a lot of good straight-up BL anime, nor are there many options.

I’ve been investigating BL manga for a very long time; by my standards, there are not a lot of good ones. Sasaki to Miyano isn’t a BL because it 1) is marketed as a shōjo (demographic) romance/slice of life (genre) in Japan; 2) it treats BL as something separate from the experiences of the characters within their relationships; 3) it’s meant to be able to appeal to multiple demographics, showing that gay romance in manga can exist outside of BL because it can happen in real life, too; and 4) all of these things were the intent of the author.

Apologies for the wall of text. I’ve been a fan of this series for a really long time, so I know a lot about it and have done lots of thinking.
Well I do have some good Bl recommendations if you want them that is.
Jan 13, 2022 9:21 AM

Dec 2016
I wasn't expecting it to get an anime but it finally got one. I remember starting the manga in 2016 and still continuing. It feels great to watch this in anime format. Can't wait to relive the beginning of their wholesome relationship.

I always read the manga with a smile and now I'm gonna watch the anime with a smile. They're just so adorable together.
Jan 13, 2022 12:35 PM

Mar 2020
Hmmm
Its okay but definately not as good as people were claiming it to be.
And its coming from a huge BL fan(And someone who happens to be gay)
Honestly it was a bit cliched(The choice of liking a guy is not even questioned)
The characters are tropy no offence.
And i heard it adapted 4 chapters of the manga?
Well i guess i will check the manga out as well.
BUt so far, Its doesnt have the charm or tension i expect from a BL series...(I guess kyuugo and Djun works in general have raised my BL Standreds to a very high level)
234MannanJan 13, 2022 10:38 PM
Jan 13, 2022 7:57 PM
Apr 2021
234Mannan said:
Hmmm
Honestly it was a bit cliched(The choice of liking a guy is not even questioned)
BUt so far, Its doesnt have the charm or tension i expect from a BL series...(I guess kyuugo and Djun works in general have raised my BL Standreds to a very high level)
you should read yoake no uta and hikaru ga shinda natsu it's shounen ai
Jan 13, 2022 9:57 PM

Feb 2009
This reminds me sooo much of Hitorijime My Hero except they're both the same age and hopefully this one is way more wholesome but already I'm in love with Miyano,

Jan 13, 2022 10:10 PM

Feb 2009
Nexis09 said:
lemonsorbet said:

Just because you watch it doesn't mean you're the target demographic?
OP was giving off 4channer vibes, though, referring to women as "the females".

I'm not saying that I'm the target demographic, I'm just tired of any gay media being 'for females only' or whatever and this one in my opinion appeals more to both. Also yeah lol

Also, can you stop? The question was asked as to why OP said "females" (instead of women/girls idk) and that is because this is not considered BL by the author's intention, it is meant to be shoujo that just happens to have gay main characters like everyday life. Shoujo is targeted towards women, hence why OP said women. This is not in direct correlation to the stereotype that only women like BL stories, all BL fans are aware anybody can enjoy the genre.

Jan 13, 2022 10:36 PM

Mar 2020
5gd34r said:
234Mannan said:
Hmmm
you should read yoake no uta and hikaru ga shinda natsu it's shounen ai
Thanks
I will check them out(Hikaru ga shinda natsu seems interesting)
Jan 14, 2022 11:35 AM

Apr 2009
This was even more boring than I expected, but at least zoomers will finally have another BL to references other than Given.

But still very boring.

Jan 15, 2022 10:09 AM

Feb 2014
I enjoyed it. The flashbacks were kinda annoying but the rest of the episode was pleasant. Sasaki is probably my favorite character so far in the series. Miyano is also adorable. This anime is super fluffy and gay and I love it! I'm giving the premiere a 7. We'll see if the rating goes higher in the future.
Cartoons and anime is my reality.
Jan 15, 2022 10:27 PM

Jul 2012
I finally found something else to watch besides SnK this season lol

It seems like a really sweet show, I enjoyed the first episode very much. I already like both mcs and the blond guy too. Looking forward seeing how this story unfolds!
Jan 16, 2022 1:56 AM

Mar 2008
Miyano's note taking of Sasaki's interests was cute. Sasaki eating the chocolate even though he didn"t like I personally experienced. A girl I liked then who doesn't like cucumbers gave me her cucumber from her food and I don't like cucumbers but I ate it just because it came from her and I thought sharing food was a nice thing to experience.

Not totally sold on the show but I will continue watching for now.
Jan 16, 2022 6:19 PM
Feb 2013
It's been so long since I've watched a slice of life where I haven't already read the manga. So cute. That was the fastest 20 minutes of my life, and remind me why I usually wait for a show to finish to binge. but I am not getting a Funimation subscription. Maybe one day ill get to watch it.
Jan 16, 2022 8:33 PM
Jan 2021
I actually love this anime. As a gay guy I noticed toxcicity in the relationships in Sekaiichi Hatsukoi and Junjo Romantica but this is oddly wholesome. We need more BL anime like this.
Jan 16, 2022 11:14 PM
Oct 2021
the storytelling feels a bit more disjointed as compared to the manga so far ;; but the art is really pretty!
also, is it just me or does some of the voice acting feel unusually forced? especially miyano's VA, at some points (especially when calling sasaki) he sounds really inauthentic and it took me out of the story. it sounds like he's almost trying too hard to sound more feminine/cute? if that makes sense
there were a few good points though so maybe it'll just improve as the episodes go on.
Jan 17, 2022 12:17 PM
Aug 2019
The animation is so much better than most BL animes! So unexpected!
The artsyle and story is the same as the manga; there are actual camera movements, good trasitions, nice visual metaphors, cute added drawnings and pretty colors; the animation and drawnign is constant too.
The VAs aren't the typical deep-for-seme and acute-for-uke, instead we have voices normal teen voices without caring for their sexual roles.
I was pleasently surprised by that last part so I searched for the studio's other works. And of course! It did many of the BL classics which also didn't follow that typical voice pattern (nor stereotypical tropes, personalities, etc). And now they grabbed this story that really doesn't have anything controvertial? Talk about a good step for the BL industry!

GOOD JOB, STUDIO DEEN AND STAFF!
Jan 22, 2022 2:38 AM

May 2009
Drinking game: drink whenever a character says 'kawaii'.

Also .. the walking umbrella, meeting on the train, defending someone scene, shy nerd character and the other tough senpai, saving tough guy, lending stuff to stay in contact, indirect kiss scene.. All so unbelievably cliché.

And I loved every second of it.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Feb 11, 2022 7:20 AM

Jan 2022
Not a fan of all the flashbacks, tho everyone's saying after this episode they stop so thats something. However I can't help but think that this anime is just gonna cater to fujoshis, Especially with one of the mc's calling himself a fudanshi
Feb 11, 2022 1:38 PM

Aug 2009
Wacky pacing and confusing chronology aside, this was a pretty good episode! The guy I'd been dating for a bit dumped me out of nowhere yesterday, so watching this show is my way of coping lol.

I haven't watched a DEEN anime in a while, and I'm ngl, but the animation is almost non-existent. Reminds me of JC Staff's Food Wars. But it's watchable, and the characters and general wholesomeness makes up for it!
Feb 21, 2022 8:41 PM

Jul 2015
Started watching this because one of my priv mutual keeps talking about it. the story is simple but really cute and wholesome! I dont usually watch anything ~boys love~ but this one is really really soft and I want to watch more to know about what's gonna happen to both mcs.
Mar 23, 2022 12:13 AM
Dec 2017
So cute! It reminds me of Free Iwatobi swim club but with actual canon gay characters in a very honest sweet friendship before any kind of relationship starts. This is a big problem for most boys love (they skip being friends and just start dating a lot of the time) so to see it done right is lovely!!
Mar 23, 2022 9:07 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well, I guess it's cute and wholesome, it's really not my kind of thing since I'm not into men at all xD but at least I tried
Jul 2, 2022 6:57 AM
Mar 2018
The first episode is like a breath of fresh air, very refreshing.
Jul 24, 2022 2:30 PM
Aug 2013
It was mostly sweet and made me chuckle. However, it also made me cringe, and I think this series is probably a good example why most(?) gay men don't like BL.
Jul 25, 2022 8:46 PM
Jul 2018
Aurakin said:
It was mostly sweet and made me chuckle. However, it also made me cringe, and I think this series is probably a good example why most(?) gay men don't like BL.

Are you sure about that? you should keep watching because the show is pretty self aware and making fun of bl cliches. I've seen several people that are gay men praising this show.
Aug 21, 2022 10:41 AM
Sep 2016
soooo
I do like the premise and the characters are so cute, but the episode itself felt kind of rushed like they put too much in one episode and also the pacing was a bit confusing, like it's a scene and then they are going into a flashback but then they're going in to another whole scene.
Sep 11, 2022 7:44 PM
Dec 2017
ok this is so adorable!

Sep 11, 2022 7:56 PM
Jun 2020
I love this feeling
Sep 21, 2022 10:54 AM

Nov 2021
Not too too bad, but... a bit shallow. Lacks substance and meaning, just seems to be endless fluff with a generic story, generic characters, and overplayed music. Not bad, but not innovative nor original.
Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again. He knows where They have trod earth's fields, and where They still tread them, and why no one can behold Them as They tread.
Sep 29, 2022 7:37 PM
Jul 2022
It's very wholesome.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sasaki to Miyano Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Mar 27, 2022

131 by NotBonBon »»
Apr 21, 1:45 PM

» I'm conflicted

Aroertas - Apr 16, 2022

17 by NemuriNezumi »»
Apr 7, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Sasaki to Miyano Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Feb 13, 2022

60 by DebiPS »»
Feb 21, 6:24 PM

Poll: » Sasaki to Miyano Episode 5 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 6, 2022

41 by DebiPS »»
Feb 20, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Sasaki to Miyano Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jan 16, 2022

65 by DebiPS »»
Feb 18, 9:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.