Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
In the Land of Leadale (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 5, 2022 6:27 PM

Aug 2020
Well it is interesting, I'm gonna watch the whole series. The first episode isn't that great but for now I'll give this an 8/10

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jan 5, 2022 6:51 PM
Nov 2015
LemmaEOF said:
Looks to be a decently cute start. I just really, *really* hope it doesn't do the Lolicon Bullfuckery™ the ED seems to be threatening.

no its not, its just cute ed, the story is about cayna adventuring meet her son and daugther + meet other players, visit other towers and

its a wholesome anime + adventure + family + meet players and fight raid boss, lets just hope the studio can pull off the good moment specially ghost ships arc where the plot take a turn.
redcobraJan 5, 2022 7:00 PM
Jan 5, 2022 6:53 PM

Sep 2018
redcobra said:
LemmaEOF said:
Looks to be a decently cute start. I just really, *really* hope it doesn't do the Lolicon Bullfuckery™ the ED seems to be threatening.

no its not, its just cute ed, the story is about cayna adventuring meet her son and daugther + meet other player and

OH THANK GOD, that's a huge relief.
Jan 5, 2022 8:04 PM

Jun 2021
Ah, another isekai adaptation by Maho Film.

This one, like the other predecessors, has the same pros and cons; comfy yet sometimes too bland.

I don't see myself dropping this one in the near future, but I also don't expect this show to be in my top 10 shows of the season either.

The productions was pretty good, despite being a low budget project.
Jan 5, 2022 8:07 PM

Oct 2016
That was a pretty comfy start, with a milf isekai protagonist lmao. The show is kind of like a mix between Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear and Slime 300. Though so far, definitely not as good as Slime 300, but not bad. Cayna is adorable.
Jan 5, 2022 8:52 PM

Nov 2012
I liked this. It's sad that she died, but hey, she gets to live on in her favorite game. I hope her server doesn't get shut down.

I was looking forward to Leadale. I look forward to seeing how her relationships develop.
Jan 5, 2022 9:26 PM
Nov 2013
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
must be a pretty outdated hospital to not have generators built into it???

That was exactly my first thought too lol
Jan 5, 2022 9:31 PM
Nov 2013
Thought it was alright. Premise is as generic as generic gets, but cute characters and interactions. Like the MC so far. Will probably give it 3 episodes at least.
Jan 5, 2022 9:51 PM

Jan 2013
i like the art. feels alot like Killing Slimes for 300 Years but not as good…which i dont mind actually

must suck to die in the hospital via power outage
Jan 5, 2022 10:09 PM
May 2021
Kinda disappointed with the first episode tbh.

I was hoping to actually getting to know the protagonist in the real world for about 5 to 10 minutes. To see her struggles and what playing the game in her situation meant for her. That would've given things like moving in bed or eating good food some more bittersweet energy. At least that was what I was looking forward to when I read the premise.

But as it was, it just seems average at best. That can change, of course, but if it does, then I would've liked to get a taste of that from the beginning.
Jan 5, 2022 10:22 PM

Apr 2011
I like it. Its so comfy and funny.

its something I can sit back and relax. Even the ED is relaxing.

It sucked that she died because her life support system stopped when a blackout occurred, but good thing she has a new life in the game world much better
than her previous life.

Definitely added to my watchlist.

But I need to finish my other animes before I can continue watching.
MagitoJan 5, 2022 10:28 PM
Jan 5, 2022 11:06 PM
Jul 2018
redcobra said:
Apu-Hasan said:
So I'm gonna be decent.
They gonna follow an old idea. Not very bad.
The plot is generic. I got no problem.
But why do you mess the waifu in certain frames? The character looks very different than. Not the poker and other impression faces.

Hope it doesn't happens often.

its the same with other anime using many cartoony face to make it look funny.

I was not talking about the art style or character impression. I was talking about in some frames the character design looks totally different.
Jan 5, 2022 11:11 PM

Jan 2008
Rem4lifexD said:
Great episode! I love the LN a lot and I also loved this first episode. The pacing is a bit fast but it was still fun to see Cayna animated! The OP and ED are amazing as well.

Looking forward to the next episode!

Yeah, I also noticed it was really fast. The anime even skipped over introducing us properly to Kee and what it is, as well as why Cayna can interact with it.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jan 6, 2022 12:08 AM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
So confused so far, on one hand immediately it seems promising. While not out of the ordinary beginning, it has a refreshing energy (although...it's surprisingly...surreal? That the show in general has such a light playful colourization and then they flash to her in real life. Guess to contrast the difference). The art style gives me 2005 ...Nichijouesque energy mixed with like....learn to draw manga art style. Really cute, feels really different, even though there's a nostalgia all the same. I think I love the eyes the most. Everyone has something unique, but also sparkly. Some of the colouring does feel alarmingly noticeable(?) though, and animation is choppy...but...I don't think it's a deterrent yet. Combined with the eyes though, some of it moves like a visual novel...or is that just me.
Jan 6, 2022 12:08 AM

Aug 2021
This was a great episode 1
The Lytt eyecatchers were so cute :3
Jan 6, 2022 12:13 AM
Oct 2019
I look forward to what the anime adaption brings. I just hope the anime doesn't get rid of all the dialogue that was included in the books. The dialogue is essentially the backbone of the story.
Jan 6, 2022 1:08 AM

Apr 2012
lucio54 said:
phantomfandom said:
I love this despite the protagonist being a woman.
This....why would be a problem? WAY better than a kirito wannabe.
Fun first episode, i will certainly see this to the end.

Some people need to be able to identify themselves with the MC. Same reason why some women desperately need a female role model.
Jan 6, 2022 2:22 AM
May 2018
Watched the first episode and honestly I was very bored the entire time, barely made it to the end. Skipping.
Jan 6, 2022 3:34 AM

Dec 2015
how are y'all so easily impressed? this series is gonna be less than mid, i can tell
Jan 6, 2022 3:39 AM
Jun 2017
as a fan of isekai genre, and OP like characters, the story seems nice... will watch this one
Jan 6, 2022 3:52 AM

Aug 2012
Kinda meh so farr. Standard anime where protagonists gets reincarnated in a game world as his op character. It has the flavour of single woman having children in the fantasy world without a man because men are icky apparently. Hope it does not turn into another killled slimes for 300 years feminist bs.
Jan 6, 2022 5:16 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
This looks already fun and enjoyable so far, for me. I can see all the same spirit coming up from the pioneer previous isekai that had female lead on it that i already seen before. Ofc there's a different to the world building here and there. While the starting lineup and settings seems for you to be a generic and boring af. I don't mind that at all as long as the character brings fun and wholesome feeling. The art changing style looks refreshing. Definitely a one show that need to be done watching for this winter.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 6, 2022 7:58 AM

Mar 2014
Meh it's not bad but not great either. It's so generic and banal I felt like I might get bored quickly
RedChromeJan 6, 2022 9:58 AM
Jan 6, 2022 9:47 AM

Jul 2021
Hey this was a really good first episode. It was fun and wholesome. Didn't expect much considering this was jut another MMORPG game anime but this one turned out to be really good, I enjoyed every minute of it.

The OP is pretty good but the ED is an absolute banger, loved it. Visuals for OP and ED are pretty great too.

We are met with a kawai maid right at the start of the episode, nice.

Cayna is pretty wholesome and cute too, I like her.

Must be nice to be a high elf, have lots of money and have maxed out abilities. She's starting from the top unlike in other similar animes where you start from the bottom and make your way up to the top. I like this.

The big woman is pretty kind and wholesome too.

The world set up is pretty good, many things about the world were cleared in first episode itself, nice.

The scene where those creeps are trying to steal from Cayna and her guard lion chases them away was funny lol I liked it.

I shouldn't judge based on just first episode but I really liked this episode so I'm gonna rate it 8/10 for now. Thoroughly enjoyed it, looking forward to next episode.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 6, 2022 10:31 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Really enjoyable first episode. I really like the faces she makes and other comedic parts. I don't know why people have anything against those. This is going to be a pure comedy gold.
The light novels are awesome as well.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Jan 6, 2022 12:31 PM
Dec 2013
Nice to see another isekai with a female protagonist instead of male. Decent first episode.
wildhoodJan 6, 2022 1:03 PM
Jan 6, 2022 12:34 PM

Jun 2021
why so low rating? 6.88 here :(
Jan 6, 2022 12:40 PM
Jul 2017
RobynGatomon said:
Watched the first episode and honestly I was very bored the entire time, barely made it to the end. Skipping.

Yeah. Me too. It was hard to watch, even with fast forward.
Jan 6, 2022 12:49 PM

May 2015
Well that was a dark start to the episode. We've seen the death before isekai a bunch the usual ways but her dying from her life support system going off is pretty dark. Never seen that one before.

Other than that god I can already tell I'm gonna love this series and the MC. Can't wait for more.

Its great to see more isekai with OP female leads rather than male leads. Its a nice change. I can't wait for her to meet her daughter. Some cute mother/daughter stuff gonna happen in the future.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 6, 2022 12:58 PM

Jul 2014
An Isekai with an overpowered main character? Count me in!
Jan 6, 2022 3:22 PM

Jun 2021
I loved the first episode, Cayna is super cute.

I think this anime will be good and enjoyable, give an opportunity! .

Anime_Addicter_Jan 6, 2022 3:35 PM
Jan 6, 2022 3:52 PM

Jan 2017
For those wondering about the weird art frames and limited animation. This episode was a solo animated episode as in animated by a singular person in this case Takeyuki Yanase with a few 2nd key animators to correct some art. I'm expecting better art and animation in future episodes (as the other episodes should have multiple animators in them).
Jan 6, 2022 3:57 PM

Dec 2012
Looks like another Overpowered MC isekai. Oh well, it looked fairly competent to me.
Jan 6, 2022 4:02 PM
Dec 2020
Cayna is cute, i don't know why people don't like it
Jan 6, 2022 4:36 PM
Jul 2018
Anime_Addicter_ said:
why so low rating? 6.88 here :(
OP MC isekai Slice of Life in Myanimelis. The Anime community don't like any of that.
Jan 6, 2022 4:46 PM
Jul 2018
Fedge said:
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
must be a pretty outdated hospital to not have generators built into it???

That was exactly my first thought too lol
had the same thought when I read the novel. It's not like she is a normal poor girl either. But stopped caring about Anime logic long time ago.
Jan 6, 2022 4:57 PM

Jul 2020
It was okay imo. The only problem I can think of it was that the pacing was way too fast. A lot of things were happening. Also am I the only one who felt like the animation was... too quick? Like the entire episode was on fast forward or something, or maybe it was just the result of me watching this at 2am before sleeping lol.
Jan 6, 2022 5:50 PM

Mar 2014
Look generic and with weird pacing, but okay. I do like slice of Fantasy, and this season apparently only has this one here.

thebluedash said:
For those wondering about the weird art frames and limited animation. This episode was a solo animated episode as in animated by a singular person in this case Takeyuki Yanase with a few 2nd key animators to correct some art. I'm expecting better art and animation in future episodes (as the other episodes should have multiple animators in them).

???

Why let one person animate an entire episode? Specially the first, who is the one who gives the strongest impressions?

Gonna guess every episode is also gonna be like that, or with a very small team.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Jan 6, 2022 6:38 PM

Jan 2017
Fabris said:
Look generic and with weird pacing, but okay. I do like slice of Fantasy, and this season apparently only has this one here.

thebluedash said:

???

Why let one person animate an entire episode? Specially the first, who is the one who gives the strongest impressions?

Gonna guess every episode is also gonna be like that, or with a very small team.

Not sure. Solo animated episodes are not uncommon, but it is uncommon in 12 episodes series like this. Long running shows like One Piece or Boruto will have the occassional solo animated episode for the less important episodes, but it is a little odd for a show this short. So it could be a sign of a very small team working on this. But I didn't think it looked horrible since limited animation isn't necessarily bad for shows like these. It just looked slightly below average.

And most of the art inconsistency will probably be fixed in blu ray.
Jan 6, 2022 11:27 PM

Aug 2008
Basic and generic all around. Nothing so far to make it memorable at all.
Jan 7, 2022 7:26 AM

Jun 2016
the ED is very simple but very very nice
Jan 7, 2022 8:09 AM

Oct 2012
It’s giving me anime from the early 2000s vibes lol
Not amazing, but I'll stick with it for a couple more episodes to see how it'll go.
Jan 7, 2022 5:26 PM
Aug 2019
Quite chill, i liked it. The anime really has old-anime vibes though lol. The animation feels quite stiff, too
Jan 7, 2022 6:24 PM

Jul 2014
I was surprised.

I though the seiyuu was Araragi Karen but then I noticed I misread and seems to be a debut. Still, her voice is great, and it seems we also have Gintoki, Kujojo and Kaya.

Then we have TRUE in the opening, which reminds me of Iron blooded orphans and Sakurako-san. And the ending... dunno who she is, but some people seen delighted.

Can this be a hidden gem :D ?

The darkness of the story, like "haven't eaten solid food in such a long time" also makes me feel empathetic to mc which makes it easy to enjoy. I wonder what will happen to her body, and what will happen after the body dies. Or if she'll be reconnected safely but still remain trapped in the game.

kazuyaharu said:
It’s giving me anime from the early 2000s vibes lol
Yeah. Haven't seen those expresions in a while. Heck, last time I saw such an exaggerated sweat drop was in a prinny game or disgaea 6 dood.
LeviathanTheEspJan 7, 2022 6:29 PM
Jan 7, 2022 6:47 PM

Dec 2014
Seems pretty decent so far. I like the protagonist which is always a good thing.

Hopefully it’s interesting or relaxing enough that I’ll continue it till the end.
Jan 8, 2022 4:10 AM

Jun 2013
This is giving me Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Vibes, so i'm really looking forward to this. Might become a feelgood anime.
Like the introduced characters so far.
MC is cute. I just hope they don't force a weird romance now, seeing the MC being a girl. but we will see.
Jan 8, 2022 3:07 PM

May 2009
Another boring trash with Mary Sue like MC Kuma*3 Bear and Slime taoshite300... I presume. Maybe will be funnier due to Maho film.
Jan 10, 2022 3:50 AM
Dec 2021
Typical generic isekai but oh well. Enough to keep me entertained. Ive seen far far worse from the isekai genre and in that sense this is a solid anime
Jan 10, 2022 10:32 AM

Oct 2009
This probably gonna be my comfy anime this season.
I don't get it's low score, but then again it's MAL, where people whine all the time.

The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Jan 11, 2022 1:50 AM
Mar 2012
got the GraceofGods & SaintOmnipotent vibes for the slow game isekai with funny faces.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» I guess no season 2?

MrNaoB - Apr 16

6 by Miyu_03 »»
Apr 18, 4:43 PM

» No romance then?

rishamr - Mar 27

8 by rishamr »»
Mar 28, 1:56 AM

Poll: » Leadale no Daichi nite Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jan 26, 2022

60 by amf85 »»
Mar 10, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Leadale no Daichi nite Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jan 19, 2022

71 by amf85 »»
Mar 10, 10:42 PM

Poll: » Leadale no Daichi nite Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Mar 23, 2022

88 by basskiller »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.