Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 1, 2021 3:42 AM

May 2019
To be continued!

Dio knows when, but the pace have been ok for 36 ep at least.
Dec 1, 2021 4:23 AM
Jul 2018
It's raining blue poisonous frogs!

Decent place to end it for now.
Dec 1, 2021 4:42 AM

Jul 2020
All hail Savage Garden!
Dec 1, 2021 4:56 AM

Nov 2019
let's not forget how weather report singlehandedly saved the day; what an MVP
Dec 1, 2021 5:21 AM
Jan 2021
Did we get to see the white snake meme ?
Dec 1, 2021 5:44 AM
May 2017
I WANT MORE OP2 IS COMING NEXT EPISODE!

Dec 1, 2021 5:45 AM

Oct 2019
_syedmuhammad__ said:
which one exactly are you talking about
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2021 5:56 AM
Jan 2021
Craftys_List said:
_syedmuhammad__ said:

Trying to shoot a bird .
Dec 1, 2021 5:59 AM

Jun 2013
_syedmuhammad__ said:
Craftys_List said:

Trying to shoot a bird .

Its here and its beautiful

Dec 1, 2021 6:03 AM
Jan 2021
Rhaegar0 said:
_syedmuhammad__ said:

Trying to shoot a bird .

Its here and its beautiful

Damn , now I just wanna see white snake choking Sports Max that shit was too funny , hope we get more episodes soon .
Dec 1, 2021 6:13 AM

Jul 2021
Dio looked really different in the new art style, he's still making impact on the story even after he died, seems like Araki really like him lol

That raining of poisonous frogs is pretty scary

It's waiting time again, 3 more months and we'll back to our adventure
Dec 1, 2021 6:53 AM

Jul 2020
yeah what fucking cliffhanger.. glad to see dio again in a new art. he was beautiful..

and that ending. pretty surprised that he has still remains
Dec 1, 2021 7:49 AM
Feb 2021
when are more episodes coming out?
Dec 1, 2021 9:33 AM

Apr 2020
Damn, how did he get the Dio's bone

Dec 1, 2021 11:43 AM
Jul 2020
Loved this episode so good and Weather Report is awesome!
If we kill all our enemies, will we finally be free?
Dec 1, 2021 12:23 PM
Jul 2019
I assume the next batch of episodes will be 3-4 months from now, perhaps even less. The OST in this season is amazing.
Dec 1, 2021 2:25 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
With that Pucci and Dio's flashback we know Pucci's motivation and why he wants Jotaro's memory disk, the venomous frog rain was quite hardcore but good thing Jolyne managed to stay alive and send the stand disk to the Speedwagon foundation, but well now she'll have to take the memory disk from Pucci.
Anyway that was already a great 1st cour, I'm joining the team of those who are up to date on day one lol, I can't wait to see the remaining episodes, I hope it's for soon.
Dec 1, 2021 2:25 PM

Nov 2016
Enjoyed it more than the manga so far.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 1, 2021 2:34 PM

May 2016
Man Weather Report saved the day what a legend, Pucci put up a good fight can’t wait for round two. 9/10
Dec 1, 2021 3:00 PM

Jul 2017
4/10 for this cour/first batch of Stone Ocean episodes. The setup narratively clearly is there for mysteries and tense events for the long run of this edition, but the cast, the visual execution, the fact that the series itself hasn't aged as well overall for me as compared to the past, this felt underwhelming to watch and even below the start of Part 5 in comparison.

Do wonder though if the 2nd batch would take 3 months or if it would be a bit faster?
Dec 1, 2021 3:26 PM
May 2017
animejas said:
4/10 for this cour/first batch of Stone Ocean episodes. The setup narratively clearly is there for mysteries and tense events for the long run of this edition, but the cast, the visual execution, the fact that the series itself hasn't aged as well overall for me as compared to the past, this felt underwhelming to watch and even below the start of Part 5 in comparison.

Do wonder though if the 2nd batch would take 3 months or if it would be a bit faster?

lmao another MAL elitist low scorer okay we get it

the original manga isnt this good tho thats why people love this anime
Dec 1, 2021 3:35 PM

Jul 2017
dxtremecaliber said:
animejas said:

lmao another MAL elitist low scorer okay we get it

the original manga isnt this good tho thats why people love this anime

I found the manga and anime for it to be similar start wise, it had a few good parts like the baseball portion with the Debt Collector but I just simply didn't enjoy the rest of what aired so far. Simple as that. People can have different opinions naturally.
Dec 1, 2021 4:17 PM

Apr 2019
Good pacing imo. Can’t wait for the rest.

Dec 1, 2021 4:56 PM

Jul 2011
I wonder if Weather Report was evil, would rain literally cats and dogs.

Well now wait until April,probably.

I will be honest. For me, this one is more fun than Golden Wind.
Dec 1, 2021 5:25 PM

Jan 2021
When Jotaro gets Star Platinum back he should become like Weather Reporter no memories only a stand or it should at least stop his body from decaying but anyway until next time probably in 3 months until the next 12 episodes drop
Dec 1, 2021 5:38 PM

Jun 2013
I just finished this in 6 hours and I gotta say I FUCKING LOVE JOJO lol
Dec 1, 2021 6:01 PM

Jun 2014
So fucking good so far. The wait for the next batch of episodes is gonna be a painful one.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 1, 2021 8:47 PM

Oct 2017
What a petty reason for this farce, as if someone like him is gonna end up in heaven.

Jolyne impresses me again with her smart thinking and props to Weather Report for what he did. She was this close to finding out who White Snake's user too.

Pretty good first cour overall, lack of animation in some scenes and still frames bothered me quite a bit but aside that this is yet another classic JoJo anime. Loving Fairouz Ai as Jolyne. Looking forward to the rest of the series.
Dec 1, 2021 8:58 PM

Dec 2009
The beginning of Part 6 is easily the slowest part of the almost the entire series so it was good move releasing it all in one batch. I would say the fight with Jumping Jack Flash was the one that improved the most from being animated. It seemed really kinda boring in the manga.

Pretty much everything from here is so much better though.

Excited to see more of DIO's boner.
ninkendoDec 1, 2021 9:05 PM
Dec 1, 2021 9:48 PM

Mar 2016
Alright then! Waiting for more episodes to be released!

We got to see Dio this episode. I did always wonder what he was doing from the time he came out of the coffin up until Jotaro got to him. I'm interested what this heaven is supposed to be.

Guess we'll see!

Dec 2, 2021 12:05 AM

May 2020
Jolyne's been suddenly shot down took me by surprise, and of course this was all a set up by Whitesnake himself. Got to see the roots of him, meeting with Dio and how this idea of reaching up to heaven drove him with determination for over two decades, so would love to have more of him in later episodes.

Finally that disc too arrived at the safe hands of SPW Foundation, courtesy of that sudden frog rain. Unfortunately Jolyne still didn't got to know the real identity of Whitesnake, so that is something due for later on.

And with this we have our first cour concluded, binging this all in a single day was a pain but you just can't say no to JoJo. Start's being good, atleast for me it's on par with part 5, with some real good voice acting, so definitely was worth the time. Now waiting game for next 3 months or hopefully less than 3 months, maybe...
Dec 2, 2021 6:02 AM
Feb 2021
I liked it, but my problems with it is how weak she seems. Not enough kick ass, and everyone else got their powers around the same time as her, but they are already professionals with it already while her way behind. Last season had too good of characters, this is way lackluster versus last season
Dec 2, 2021 6:14 AM
Oct 2021
If dio ever manages to come back to life I wouldn't be surprised... But dio really is a charismatic man
Dec 2, 2021 6:35 AM

Mar 2021
Takehito Koyasu is back as Dio, you love to see it

Decent place to end the first cour. My only complaint are some questionable animation moments - so I guess they are saving the budget for the last arc!

Please don't be 3 months. I can't wait that long!

Finally the meme, White Snake with the ol' reliable - GUN :d
AbsoluteCinemaDec 2, 2021 6:43 AM

Dec 2, 2021 6:43 AM

Apr 2021
FIatIine said:
I liked it, but my problems with it is how weak she seems. Not enough kick ass, and everyone else got their powers around the same time as her, but they are already professionals with it already while her way behind. Last season had too good of characters, this is way lackluster versus last season

The thing with Jolyne is that she is like Joseph, it's more about how versatile you are with it rather than how strong it actually is. I really don't see how you can say she is "behind" when these 12 episodes alone already show just how creative she is with her ability.
Dec 2, 2021 6:45 AM

Apr 2021
Paul_Foreign said:

Decent place to end the first cour. My only complaint are some questionable animation moments - so I guess they are saving the budget for the last arc!

Given how the anime is going to start again from episode 1 in January, I have feeling there will be some corrections
Dec 2, 2021 6:47 AM

Mar 2021
Oongbuh said:
Paul_Foreign said:

Given how the anime is going to start again from episode 1 in January, I have feeling there will be some corrections

Yeah probably. It's David Production, I trust them with JoJo

Dec 2, 2021 6:53 AM
Feb 2021
Heard david pro lost some animators from previous parts, is it just me or someone else noticed the consistency of the animation not being that great? plus, we NEVER had CGI mid episode before, please netflix dont fuck this up rushing the studio
Dec 2, 2021 9:06 AM

Nov 2021
Just finished watching the first cour, good thing the anime don’t differ from the original manga adaption. Now have to wait.
Dec 2, 2021 11:15 AM
May 2018
takehiro koyasu and dio make a comeback i missed them and they even put dio's theme for the scene with pucci and dio damn the nostalgia from part 3 hit hard!!
Dec 2, 2021 1:39 PM

May 2019
I am so hyped for the next fight It's one of my favorites in the whole franchise. I hope the wait for the next episode isn't too long.
Dec 2, 2021 2:56 PM

Jul 2013
I think that's the first time Koyasu has reprised Dio in the anime ever since the end of Stardust Crusaders. Always a pleasure to hear him as the most memetic vampire known to anime.

Hopefully they don't take too much time in releasing the next batch of episodes.
Dec 2, 2021 3:03 PM
Feb 2021
Oongbuh said:
FIatIine said:

The thing with Jolyne is that she is like Joseph, it's more about how versatile you are with it rather than how strong it actually is. I really don't see how you can say she is "behind" when these 12 episodes alone already show just how creative she is with her ability.

She was struggling, and getting overpowered throughout the whole thing, if he didn't have help she'd be dead lol
Dec 3, 2021 4:49 AM
Jun 2016
Welp, this is the end for now. At least before more episodes get released. The OP with the SFX is always a treat, though. I don't binge anime a lot but this I definitely did that for Stone Ocean.

So Pucci has a star/cross pattern in his eyes when he met Jolyne. I guess it's a cross since he's a priest and all?? Still, kind of weird since that eye pattern is usually used when characters are star-struck. I guess he was? Besides that, he's usually drawn with "pacman eyes," which is something I don't normally associate with Japanese anime, lol.

DIO here kind of looks like the style he's drawn in is somewhere in between P6's and the pre-2012 OVA's style. Probably because of the lighting in the scene.

Edit: Just realized that it's kind of a weird choice that they've added SFX to this OP. I mean, CNBT, Chase, and Fighting Gold didn't have an SFX version. Not that I'm complaining, just wondering, lol.
Mat2468xkDec 3, 2021 11:25 PM
Dec 3, 2021 5:45 AM
Jul 2021
FMmatron said:
Enjoyed it more than the manga so far.
me too lmao. Didn't help my experience that stone ocean was my first manga I read so I was confused with how to read lmao
Dec 3, 2021 9:58 AM
Jan 2021
What an amazing episode , the frog rain looked great and Pucci was given more screen time , also loved the tease at sports max at the end , after this things are going to get really hard for Jolyne as stronger foes await her. These episodes were really well-made . I hope D.P take their time with the rest of the episodes , can't wait for more .
Dec 3, 2021 10:04 AM

Feb 2015
Stone Ocean> Golden Wind
Dec 3, 2021 12:33 PM

Aug 2008
MF_Kane said:
Stone Ocean> Golden Wind

Too early to make that judgement, like what I see so far but GW is my fav part so this will have to really show something to beat it for me. Only been 12 eps, haven't read the manga so don't know how much as been adapted but this certainly feels like a 40ep show anyway. Hope so anyway!

Jolyne has the potential to be one of my fav characters though, I just hope she and the story has the chance to leave the prison at some point, being confined in one location could drag after awhile.
Dec 3, 2021 3:02 PM

Aug 2011
Question: Does Enrico's stand sentient? Like he talks and thinks on his own and they both speak to each other like they're separate beings.
desu desu binches
Dec 3, 2021 3:17 PM
Jan 2021
Completely caught and this is all pretty exciting!

Jolyne was able to get the disc back to the Speedwagon Foundation to give to Jotaro, but she still needs to one, figure out the identity of the Stand User of Pale Snake and two, get Jotaro's memory disc back.

In comparison to previous parts this is definitely similar in terms of the fact that Jolyne has the sole objective to find Pale Snake's user and get Jotaro's memory back, which is similar to how Giorno had the objective of taking down Diavolo from the beginning of the story. There are some things inbetween that make it more interesting to me, but it's quite difficult to point my finger to the specifics.

Regardless I'm excited for the next batch of 12 episodes.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

anime-prime - Dec 1, 2021

114 by Sexyjutsu »»
Apr 13, 4:50 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LERAGEUXENAMARRE - Dec 1, 2021

78 by aod-kun »»
Feb 23, 2:33 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aronics - Dec 1, 2021

57 by aod-kun »»
Feb 22, 4:27 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aronics - Dec 1, 2021

75 by aod-kun »»
Feb 21, 3:27 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 7 Discussion

Rob7 - Dec 1, 2021

43 by Kamieee »»
Dec 20, 2023 4:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.