Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 1, 2021 9:13 AM

Jul 2020
God, we're finally here.
This is gonna be one hell of a ride!
Waiting for the stone ocean 3 anime
Dec 1, 2021 9:17 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That was the worst lawyer ever... well-deserved xD Anyway so far it's really as good as the manga
AshhkDec 1, 2021 12:04 PM
Dec 1, 2021 9:39 AM
Dec 2015
I had no idea part 6 got an adaptation! Great start so far
Dec 1, 2021 9:43 AM
Jul 2021
Great first episode all around. A minor critique I have is the omission of a few funny moments, like Ermes saying the young guard who caught Jolyne looked like Tom Cruise and Jolyne's comments on the transgender prisoner during the checkup. Those are just little things though, so I have no problem with it being left out.
Dec 1, 2021 10:17 AM

Mar 2020
Off to a great start!! The pacing is good so far and I'm really enjoying it!! I can't wait to see the other arcs in part 6 adapted!!!!

How can they see the love in our eyes
And still, they don't believe us?
And after all this time
They don't want to believe us

Dec 1, 2021 11:25 AM
Oct 2019
oh my god... First Episode was Fire, is this the best First Episode from Jojo so far?

god damn Jolyne Ass bruhh lmao

Fairouz Ai is born to voicing Jolyne. she is just Perfect!!

Thank god that fcking lawyer is dead, Instant Karma...
davidyodo24Dec 1, 2021 11:30 AM
Dec 1, 2021 12:08 PM

Jun 2013
Why does the lawyer look like a fucking elf?!
Jojo is back fucking epic
Dec 1, 2021 12:17 PM

Nov 2020
Finally, the first episode was great. The colors are nice and the OST is amazing as always. I hope they keep the animation good. Can't wait to see the rest I really like this part.
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Dec 1, 2021 12:46 PM

Feb 2012
It's been a long wait but we're finally here.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Dec 1, 2021 12:57 PM

Mar 2016
Oh my goosh new season!!! I didn't know what to expect with the first female JoJo but I'm loving her so far!

I'm thinking Jotaro might come help her out somehow, what with all his connections and the speedwagon foundation's resources

Dec 1, 2021 1:20 PM
Oct 2020
_rao_ said:
Amazing first episode, they even kept the masturbation scene lol XD
I might be the only one but I don't like Hermes' voice, but I might get used to it.
And damn what a badass ending!!

5/5
what masturbation scene all she did was took off her clothes I saw two ppl saying this so I’m thinkin did a miss a scene
Dec 1, 2021 2:41 PM
Apr 2021
Incredible first episode, really leaves you on your toes for the next. Can’t wait to see where this series goes
Dec 1, 2021 2:59 PM
Jul 2021
Could be an unpopular Opinion but my thoughts are that its just a casual first episode like in everey jojo part in the first episode there is legit nothing going on except telling you the start point of the whole show (but thats what a first episode should be) so yea
Dec 1, 2021 3:03 PM

Mar 2020
boy aint no way boy
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Dec 1, 2021 3:06 PM
May 2020
Not bad, not my fav JoJo, she screams too much but it's just the first episode and she's pretty hot so I will get used to it quickly.

I don't remember the other seasons but this seems kinda fast-paced, not complaining tho
Dec 1, 2021 3:15 PM

Jul 2017
What a great start!

Wondering how complicated Jolyne's stand would be to fight someone later on.
Dec 1, 2021 3:32 PM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
Finally... what a great start
Dec 1, 2021 3:49 PM
Oct 2015
Love it! Does a wonderful job of giving what will ultimately be the most uneventful section of part 6 a strong emotional drive with great sound design, direction, and vocal performances. Great set up!

Obviously, I love part 6 anyway, so I’m going to be hyped regardless, but they’ve done a great job bringing the story to the big screen in the first episode alone.

God I love JoJo
Dec 1, 2021 5:08 PM

Dec 2013
Everyone there looks super weird even more so than usual so I guess this is the new standard for the season, I don't really like episode dumps so it is going to be super though but I'll try to keep Jojo Fridays, I wish they would have at least released them on a Friday to start tho, smh Netflix.
Dec 1, 2021 6:12 PM

Feb 2017
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH BOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYY cant believe this is finally here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

placeholder text
Dec 1, 2021 6:28 PM

Aug 2015
I can´t believe they give her "The Eyes". DaPro is such a god tier studio by making the original source even better with those kind of details.
Dec 1, 2021 6:41 PM
Jan 2018
Jolyne is definitely a Jojo with how quickly she becomes loyal to people she barely knows.

I wonder why JoJo's have such a problem killing human's for the most part? If anyone deserves punishment, it's the elf guy.
Dec 1, 2021 6:50 PM

Jan 2011
oh geez im really gonna have to hammer through these this month but i miss jojo

didn't expect that would be the opening, don't know if this part is that sexualized compared to what we saw in episode one but it threw me off a bit

Jolyne seems neat with her powers this show still manages to throw me for a spin with some of the events that take place
Dec 1, 2021 7:54 PM

Jan 2020
The voice acting for Jolyne was very well done. I still don't like releasing 12 at once but whatever

Dec 1, 2021 9:21 PM

Mar 2020
as for me, the first episode felt a bit rushed, although all necessary information has been covered, seemed a bit out of pace.
Great animation, I loved how they made Jolyne
“Life is a constant process of dying.”
Dec 1, 2021 9:48 PM
Sep 2015
At last we have more JoJo! Off to a great start already! Ai Fairouz seems to be a perfect fit for Jolyne. Definitely eager to see how the rest of Part 6 goes.
Dec 1, 2021 9:53 PM
Jul 2021
Wow what a dumb B#$#$# why the F would you not tell on him? He was a scumbag and you were about to go down for something he did? Ugh 😫 the stupidity level is baffling. This is the first of the recent Jojo episodes that I've ever seen(I'm about to watch it because this was pretty good) I've only seen some old episodes like from waay back because I wasn't sure where to start but I could swear he was locked up too lol.

Anyone who knows this series well should I even bother watching the really old 90s stuff or just the 2012-current?
Dec 1, 2021 10:22 PM

Aug 2019
The animation looked choppy at some points. It almost reminded me of Invincible's animation. The backgrounds look beautiful but I feel the character models don't blend well with them. I'll keep watching though.
Dec 2, 2021 1:50 AM

Oct 2009
Lets gooo!!!!

Jolyne's stand looking to be quite powerful!
I miss Jojo fridays though :/
Dec 2, 2021 6:51 AM
Jan 2021
This was a great episode , Voice acting was great , and Jolyne acting all cute in front of Romeo was my favourite part of this episode .
Dec 2, 2021 8:27 AM

Nov 2020
I'm glad Stone Ocean finally got animated, this is the one JoJo part that definitely needed it! The manga got so convoluted with everything that was happening at once, so seeing it in actual motion definitely helps. Jolyne's VA is also doing a great job, exactly how I envisioned she would sound. Overall I'm just glad we're getting more JoJo.

Only thing that sucks is that Netflix just dumped the 12 episodes all at once, I hate when they do that and it especially makes stuff like the episode discussions that much worse. Luckily I've already read all of it so it's not like I can get spoiled by the people that binge it all at once though.
Dec 2, 2021 8:38 AM

Nov 2020
DKDiabloLicht said:
Anyone who knows this series well should I even bother watching the really old 90s stuff or just the 2012-current?

The 90s OVA just drops you into Part 3 and is a simplified version of it, so I recommend you just watch the 2012-current anime. It covers everything the OVAs have and IMO does a much better job (the current anime is pretty much a one-on-one recreation of the manga), I'd only recommend you go back and watch the OVAs if you want some more JoJo.
Dec 2, 2021 10:54 PM
Jan 2021
This got interesting real quick.

Firstly, I didn't expect Jolyne Cujoh to talk about how a prison guard caught her masturbating once. I never thought in an anime I'd hear something sexually explicit like that.

Secondly, Romeo is an irresponsible and thoughtless douchebag who would sell out his own girlfriend for the sake of saving his own behind. He secretly had the lawyer lie to Jolyne about her sentence if she took the plea bargain.

Finally, my girl Jolyne got that revenge on the lawyer AND because of her father (who I'm pretty sure of Jotaro Kujo given one, the picture and two, THE FACT THAT HE'S A MARINE BIOLOGIST)! I understand why Jolyne went in on the lawyer, but that doesn't make it completely just at the end of the day.

I'm excited to see the next episode as there's a girl who apparently has the same pendant that Jolyne was given.
Dec 3, 2021 10:51 AM

Sep 2017
Honestly I was worried how they were going to do this part, but now I'm beyond excited.
They've done a perfect job with the adaptation of this anime. I think they managed to not miss a thing from the manga
خ
Dec 4, 2021 10:41 AM
Nov 2020
Jolyne’s VA is amazing. So good at expressing intense emotion.
Dec 4, 2021 3:10 PM
Apr 2020
We're already off to a great start!

Gah, I didn't remember the "a guard who looked like Tom Cruise saw me masturbate I can't live" scene being that long, but I just checked the manga and yep, that was a one-for-one adaptation :/

I can't be more pleased with Jolyne's casting. Ai Fairouz is absolutely perfect for her dream role! I'm pretty sure I like Ermes' voice as well, but I'd have to hear more of her to be really sure.
Dec 5, 2021 5:40 PM

Apr 2014
i feel like this is one of those parts where the anime version has potential to be much better than the source material. so far it's good
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2021 8:57 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
A fantastic first episode to the first Jojo anime I’m watching really close to the time of its release, my 2nd closest would be Part 5 which I watched early to mid summer 2019, and I’m already in love with this one. A Jojo story with a female MC as well as other badass female leads always sounded great to me, and to finally see it, I was very pleased.

I went into this 99% blind (I know a few stand names) and found myself really enjoying it, I love the prison setting and the sort of revenge plot we have here, I feel really bad for Jolyne out the gate because of what Romeo did, the scene where she realized was very good, her current power is very cool (also a little freaky) as well. I also did not expect to be met with very nice fanservice in episode 1, can say I was pleasantly surprised here lol.

Although I’m a bit saddened that we won’t be getting a weekly release for this show like a traditional seasonal anime, I’m still very excited to see where Part 6 goes, and I’m hoping to say it’ll be one of my favorites parts by the end!
Dec 7, 2021 1:33 AM

Mar 2021
Amazing OST and a great first ep overall IMO. Face down ass up Jolyne was a pleasant surprise.
Dec 8, 2021 4:07 AM

Jul 2016
Axelucard said:
Why does the lawyer look like a fucking elf?!
Jojo is back fucking epic

Or the weird goggle eyed guard thingy...
Dec 8, 2021 7:52 AM

Oct 2019
imagine this:

this time last year, your maths class watched attack on titan season 4 whilst it aired in japan. that's cool; teacher left, and his good friend replaced him. the time comes around again, where instead, part 6 is on netflix.

you convince him to play it, as that's what you did last year; it's tradition. he plays it. the masturbation scene comes up. the strip scene comes up. by the end of it, he's close to crying.

"guys, this never happened" was his exact words. i'm living the dream.

...yeah, anyways so we're watching demon slayer s2 as a replacement.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 10, 2021 11:58 PM

Sep 2021
very compelling intro, really like the characters introduced so far

i can tell i think im gonna like this one better than golden wind (my favorites so far are diamond and the first half of egypt)
Dec 24, 2021 11:04 AM

Mar 2010
Damn stuck in prison now this is a different setting and oh boi I can't wait to see the chaos she shall ensue with her new powers.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 31, 2021 5:37 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Well, this was some start.

Getting caught masturbating by a police guard is kind of hilarious, ngl. I've no idea if she's stupid or smart. Ai Farouz-san's performance really suits Jolyne though, I knew shed nail it.

Romeo and the lawyer in cahoots with each other was hardly surprising but the lawyer still choking to death was fitting. Quite the ominous letter there, hopefully this won't extend her stay in the cells.

Looks like someone has already picked up Joutarou-san's gift... Well, isn't that interesting.

I wish Netflix would either drop all episodes or go weekly, it's kind of a pain to see them dropping just a third of the story.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 5, 2022 3:20 PM

Mar 2016
It's been a while since JJBA: Golden Wind, it's definitely nice to finally watch another Jojo series, this time, it's being exclusively streamed on Netflix so there's that.

Right off the bat, we got straight into the story, none of the usual preview of where a scene takes place aside from being obviously in a prison, in Florida. For the first impression, Jolyne seemed to be really innocent compared to her prison-mates, it's a shame that despite being at the prime age of her young life, she's thrown in jail for an accident that she has never committed. Trashy boyfriend just has to ruin her life for her, or perhaps more obviously... There's something more to the accident than meets the eyes... Needless to say, the lawyer's crash was satisfying to see.

So far OST is on point, no OP or ED yet in this first ep but every other part are great. The art style is iconic to that of the Jojo franchise and well there's not much to say about the animation at the moment, but I'm pretty hopeful. Colours are as vibrant as they can be, especially Jolyne herself, a necessity considering that the story will be taking place in a plain-concrete prison, or should I say... Stone Ocean?

I'm hoping to see big daddy Jotaro meeting with her little girl Jolyne, hopefully soon though cuz she needs an explanation os stands ASAP.
ShadowkillZJan 9, 2022 11:43 AM
Jan 7, 2022 3:09 AM
Mar 2011
So, it's nice that JoJo is back!

I really liked this episode. Actually when reading the manga I thought this part was better that the previous, but seeing how good part 5 was, I'm sure this will be even better! And yes, everything was really well done. The music was excellent, the pacing was also great.

Jan 9, 2022 11:46 AM

Mar 2016
naens said:
Why do you need to spoil??? We're not supposed to know anything about it.[/spoiler]

Feb 5, 2022 9:09 AM

Jun 2015
I guess the last well raised JoJo was Jonathan. I really couldn't believe the opening scene. I thought it was part of Netflix's bullshittery. I can't believe it came straight out of the manga. Needless to say, if her parents had raised her well, we wouldn't have had this part. Would it have killed you Jotaro to stay home to give your daughter some kindness and discipline?!
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jun 3, 2022 10:54 PM

Aug 2019
Poor joylene caught doing mas...well its a perfect start,lets see how it goes..
Aug 26, 2022 4:58 PM
Nov 2017
A good start with a very good Jolyne

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Rob7 - Dec 1, 2021

155 by Sexyjutsu »»
Apr 24, 3:11 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LERAGEUXENAMARRE - Dec 1, 2021

78 by aod-kun »»
Feb 23, 2:33 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aronics - Dec 1, 2021

57 by aod-kun »»
Feb 22, 4:27 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aronics - Dec 1, 2021

75 by aod-kun »»
Feb 21, 3:27 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 7 Discussion

Rob7 - Dec 1, 2021

43 by Kamieee »»
Dec 20, 2023 4:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.