Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 20, 2021 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Hell yes, Natsumi got a lot of screen time this episode. She's probably my favorite character in the show and shares a charming chemistry with Yuuta.

Personally, I like the focus on her character more than Futaba. I also like how she doesn't hold back or afraid to show her tough side.
Nov 20, 2021 9:08 AM

Apr 2010
A little bit about their past which was nice well except for the first scene, i hate people that hurt other just to win something.
The rest of the episode was nice and it was funny how Natsumi went to the game corner instead of school.
Nov 20, 2021 9:26 AM

Apr 2016
Slacking off the first day of your new school takes extra kind of balls that not many have lmao. Nice little flashbacks of Futaba and her friend Natsumi's school days, but that little kid on the track was a dick. Natsumi's cool all round.

Some more bonding time with shouta and the onee-san ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) a bit short tho ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). Also nice "party", everyone had a good time.
Nov 20, 2021 9:37 AM
Sep 2015
I wouldn't surprise for a bit if Kurobe is a lesbian, she completely lost all of her trust in male gender the moment when that boy trip her and make her lose. And boys in junior high aren't gonna make a better impression.

But can we refocus on Takeda please? I watch this show because of him, other elements are just a side dish, yes, even a cute boy like Yuto is not my main dish (but I can eat him).
Nov 20, 2021 9:54 AM

Oct 2017
Finally an episode focused on my girl Natsumi and it was lovely. Loved her and Futaba's backstory, they were both so sweet. She was very amusing even back then and she looked beautiful. The post credit scene with her smile was precious.
Nov 20, 2021 9:57 AM

Aug 2017
Aww it was nice being able to see junior high Futaba. She was the definition of s m o l.

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Nov 20, 2021 10:19 AM
Feb 2021
While I like Natsumi, I didn't like this ep all that much. I'd like to see more of present day Natsumi and not the Jr. High version of her.

I find the idea of Takeda and Igarashi being a couple ridiculous. Now, Takeda and Natsumi seem like a perfect match.
Nov 20, 2021 10:28 AM

Dec 2020
I like to see that we got more from her high school time and how she met natsumi was very cool she is very kind and good that futaba have her.

That was a nice episode, that show us that we never should give up.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Nov 20, 2021 11:01 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It's cute to see Futaba's deep friendship with Natsumi and these flashback moments (and now they switched haircut xD) she defend her drawings and that's why she continues to draw even nowadays, she's really a great friend for sure.
Nov 20, 2021 12:43 PM

Jul 2016
Gotta love how cool Natsumi is. She practically made a kid stop being a dick by knocking him out xD

Another great episode featuring a pretty nice message this time. Futaba and Natsumi's friendship is just so sweet.
Nov 20, 2021 1:04 PM

May 2021
Great episode! this episode has confirmed to me that Natsumi is best girl! She protected Igarashi when she needed help and she's really kind also. Igarashi when she was younger was pretty adorable xD. Takeda making Igarashi flustered when he said that her hair smelt nice was also very funny lol.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Nov 20, 2021 1:45 PM

Mar 2021
what an amazing episode <3 my favorite so far. and Idk why but it made me pretty emotional too.
Nov 20, 2021 2:41 PM
Jul 2021
Hentai! Lmao, I love when she gets mad at Takeda over stuff like that. Also I really loved Natsumi since the first time she showed up asking her about relationships and stuff "Heeeeeeeeh" lol, but after this backstory they showed I like her way more. Everyone could use a friend like her.

Btw COME on bro! Ugh lol, Don't get caught staring at her breasts while she's pouring you a drink, or in public. Part of what she likes about you is that you aren't like the other pervs in the office. And they aren't like dating officially yet are they? I wasn't sure, like if they are then you are just checking out your girlfriend but if they just went to two places and then he's acting like everyone else that made her uncomfortable you are going to ruin it! I really like those two and their chemistry.
Nov 20, 2021 2:41 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
This, this is the show that every week puts a smile on my face, keep it up :D
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Nov 20, 2021 2:43 PM
Jul 2021
jamesarr67 said:
While I like Natsumi, I didn't like this ep all that much. I'd like to see more of present day Natsumi and not the Jr. High version of her.

I find the idea of Takeda and Igarashi being a couple ridiculous. Now, Takeda and Natsumi seem like a perfect match.

Lol that would be AWFUL. Not that they wouldn't match but Futaba definitely likes him and that would ruin their friendship if she went for the dude her friend likes(that she knows she likes) just because she hasn't made a move or is willing to open up about her true feelings.
Nov 20, 2021 3:02 PM
Jul 2018
Futaba had problems in his childhood and really the Kazama doesn't seem to get him when he's drunk.
Nov 20, 2021 3:11 PM

Aug 2020
Natsumi, what a great friend! Nice flashbacks

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Nov 20, 2021 3:37 PM

Apr 2015
Holy shit, the detail in Natsumi's eyes in close up. That stuff was beautiful!

Really loved the origin of the friendship between Futaba and Natsumi. If anything, the boys got what they deserved after messing with Futaba and Natsumi punching one of them.

That party was kind of fun, don't think I've seen many Nomikai in Anime, so this was nice to see. A lot got drunk and started singing, while Kazama was caressing Sakurai's boobs with his eyes..

I see a little bonding between Natsumi and Sakurai's lil brother.
Nov 20, 2021 4:13 PM
Mar 2015
Great Natsume back story
Nov 20, 2021 4:27 PM

Aug 2014
phantomfandom said:
I wouldn't surprise for a bit if Kurobe is a lesbian, she completely lost all of her trust in male gender the moment when that boy trip her and make her lose. And boys in junior high aren't gonna make a better impression.

Up until this episode I was hoping that would be the case, and for a while that feeling got even stronger with that opening scene, but we'll have to settle for "just" a really nice friendship between Natsumi and Futaba (they will still look cute in my headcanon, at least!!). I guess Yuto and Natsumi isn't that bad, if he ends up with more screen time eventually.
Nov 20, 2021 4:37 PM

Jun 2021
Beautiful episode, both from story and animation standpoint.

Most definitely a different type of episode when compared to past ones, but it was very well executed, with a great theme and a message.
Nov 20, 2021 5:33 PM

Jun 2021
It was nice to see a little more of Futaba's past, and also that they gave good screen time to Natsumi. She is, after Igarashi and Takeda-senpai, and next to Sakurai-san and Kazama-kun, one of the most beloved characters by fans of the series.
Nov 20, 2021 5:34 PM

Jun 2021
Aversa said:
A little bit about their past which was nice well except for the first scene, i hate people that hurt other just to win something.
Same, and I thought that was going to discourage her from running again; I'm glad I was wrong.
Nov 20, 2021 6:40 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Lots of like on these episode. Takeda like Futaba's hair, her drawing, and, what else? More like all about Futaba, eh? Natsumi really like running so much, to the point she grew a good moment with Sakurai's brother, even cheering him. Everything else just pretty much talking about the past. The party's fine. Sakurai and Kazama pretty much just enjoying their moment together. Buchou seriously the most chill leader i've ever seen while facing a drunk person like him. Lol, and he actually found a soulmate there. Fine episode.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 20, 2021 8:11 PM
Jul 2018
They looked beautiful in junior high. I love all of them. The characters are so much loveable.
Nov 20, 2021 8:11 PM

Jan 2017
Even back then Natsumi is such a gamer, too bad they didn't show what her current occupation is
Nov 20, 2021 8:33 PM

Jul 2017
bro Natsumi is like the perfect chara for doujin artists lmao

but anywho that was a very touching backstory. I really like their friendship and how it's not one like obsessive/overprotective friend or one secretly in love with the other type. I love seeing these kinds of friendships lol
Nov 20, 2021 8:34 PM

Sep 2018
Another banger episode, this show is so GODDAMN good. I would have never picked this one to be my fav of this season at the start.
Nov 20, 2021 10:17 PM
Aug 2021
While it's obvious that the comedy and romance between Igarashi and Takeda are the main points in the series, I'm glad to see that we do get a little about side characters like Sakurai and Kazama, and now Natsumi. While some viewers would like to have seen some present day Natsumi, I think that the flashback to how they became such good friends is arguably more impactful to the story.

Lol to Takeda bonking Igarashi to horny jail after she calls him a pervert.

And lastly, when I saw the spirytus show up I thought "HEY, THIS ISN'T A CERTAIN DRINKING/DIVING ANIME"
Nov 20, 2021 10:27 PM
Oct 2019
what a great osana najimi....
love the backstory...

I want to know what Natsumi occupation is.

damn the end credit art always amazed me.
davidyodo24Nov 20, 2021 10:35 PM
Nov 20, 2021 11:11 PM

Oct 2016
Oh man, unexpected feels, this episode had me tearing up, especially the parts where Natsumi defended Futaba and when she said she likes to run. Natsumi is absolute best girl after this episode.

Mad relate to Natsumi, I also hate competitions and just generally like to do things for fun, especially for sports. Natsumi and Yuuto scene was great as well, that show of Natsumi's eyes were beautiful, well that scene as a whole was beautiful.

HEART AND SHOUL!
Nov 21, 2021 12:24 AM

Aug 2020
as someone who struggles with high anxiety, this episode somehow got real relatable for me.

i was like futaba at one point who liked to draw, but I let myself drive to a point to where I quit and absolutely stay away from doing so. makes me wish I had the courage to continue what I was doing
Nov 21, 2021 2:05 AM

Jul 2021
Oh yeah another episode of cuteness! Aa the flashback of little Natsumi running, poor her falling but I hope she ain't given up. Man, I also want to touch Futaba's cheek too awh I'm jealous looking at Natsumi doing it physically :c Love to do some information gathering to how little Futaba and Natsumi have met >:). Natsumi looks really stubborn until she met Futaba, also didn't know that Futaba, despite her height, is older than Natsumi xD. Love the bond between Natsumi and Yuto, and I like Natsumi's character here, really telling to Yuto about joining the basketball club since it's his passion before it's too late, it's somehow a reminder for me to do something that you're passionate towards to not miss a chance for worthwhile opportunities in the upcoming future! Also both of them running and Natsumi's eye capturing looks visually pleasing woah. Ah yes Futaba and Natsumi in the classroom, also I can really relate to Natsumi, I hate competitions too (Exceptionally for teams), to some extent where I get that overwhelming feeling everytime I'm competing with another person I know that I won't make it because they're better than me + I easily lost my motivation and I really just want to consider a competition as for fun rather than letting that fun go away and converting it into some competition with an intense atmosphere where people are taking it too seriously to get the prize.

Lol Takeda and Futaba talking in the cherry tree is adorable and omg the gathering and the food.. is making me jealous and starving at the same time but Hijikata be going wild when bringing a tequila in the gathering :O! Buchou singing is a masterpiece! Ooishi... WHY'D YOU DRANK THE TEQUILA WHEN YOU WEREN'T FORCE TO DO SO D:?? Afterwards, this scene where Futaba got teased because of her drawing legit made me teared up for the first time in this series and there's one thing I've learned which is that don't listen to other people's negative words and don't ever let your hopes go down, focus on your passion and maintain it! Lastly, don't ever ruin someones passion and always support them even if they ain't developing yet. Anyways I love Natsumi, again her character is carrying in this episode, she really does care about Futaba and love how she stands up for Futaba when punching the guy's face with all her girl power wooh. Basically yeah the locker scene is beautiful, Futaba talking to Takeda scene, idk why the animators really worked their hardest in this episode and they nailed it. Mona and Ooishi saying "Love and Shoul" while being all drunk at the end is hilarious as heck xD

This episode has gotta be the most beautiful out of everything else. Looking forward to more :D!
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Nov 21, 2021 2:38 AM

Nov 2021
Amazing episode. I loved the focus on Natsumi and Futaba's friendship. The theme of not giving up on things you like to do is so damn relatable. I hope we'll see an episode focused on Kazama and Sakurai soon
Nov 21, 2021 2:40 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
These go by way too fast man. I could wait until it finishes airing and binge the rest and it'll still probably feel like only five minutes

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 21, 2021 3:20 AM

Feb 2014
This episode might've felt different the ones we've had so far, but I highly welcome an episode focused a lot more on Natsumi and how her friendship with Futaba began. The opening scene was a good reminder of how selfish kids can be in the heat of competition and seeing young Natsumi getting sabotaged like that was frustrating, both for her and for us viewers to see her lose the race like that. =(

Still, the origins of how she and Futaba became friends was amusing and cute, but we also see Natsumi at her best when she came in to save Futaba from being bullied because of her lack of artistic skills. Anyone who makes Futaba cry deserves a good punishment and Natsumi giving the brat a good punch to the face felt satisfying. At least he and his friend saw the errors of their ways and apologised to Futaba. Not just that, but seeing Natsumi tell Futaba that she was joining the track & field club once again was really nice to see. She has a cute smile, that's for sure! =D

You can tell how much Futaba cares for her when she was talking about her to Takeda. The way her eyes glistened and how happy she looked were nice visuals touches during her reminiscence of her time with Natsumi in junior high.

Speaking of which, it was really sweet for Natsumi to help Yuto with his training and offer him advice, which helped encourage him to join his school's basketball club. Natsumi's a sweetheart and this episode is proof of that.
Nov 21, 2021 3:31 AM
Oct 2017
Solid episode! Natsumi got plenty of screen time. Club registration episodes always give me Shogi-senpai vibes.
Nov 21, 2021 5:27 AM

May 2020
Futaba's lucky to have someone like Natsumi whom she can call her best friend and looks like "that" height difference was always there right from the beginning.

Senpai likes everything that Futaba does(¬‿¬).
Nov 21, 2021 6:53 AM

Feb 2014
Tsukishiro and Ooishi wreaking havoc was a sight to see. The Russian lady needs some more screentime.

Btw is Natsumi X Yuuto ship sailing?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Nov 21, 2021 1:36 PM

May 2018
Ya know I've been wondering, what's Korobe's job anyway? We always see her doing some running and yet we have no idea what does she do for a living....
Nov 21, 2021 2:17 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
A bit of a flashback episode involving how Futaba and Natsumi first met in middle school. I wonder what Takeda's school life was like?
Nov 21, 2021 2:20 PM

Jan 2020
great episode like usual and I really liked the flashback segment where Natsumi defended Furaba and the boys learned their mistakes

Natsumi is a cool character and this episode made me respect her more

Nov 21, 2021 3:56 PM
May 2020
another episode that made me fill my heart with joy
Nov 21, 2021 4:25 PM

Jun 2020
A bit of a focused episode on Natsumi and their past with Futaba kind of like to see them meeting for the first time

I like how she speaks her mind on the daily like she's open like a book, This little picnic party they're having is quite fun even though it's small

Damn not surprised she gets bullied frequently but that's rude like I can see why bullying can be a norm in Japan, But Natsumi to the rescue she's not a girl that you mess with.
Nov 21, 2021 5:42 PM

Oct 2011
really liked this episode... seeing how Futaba and Natsumi encouraged each other to do what they love... seems like each one is grateful for the other for had did this, without noticing that she did the same, XD

plus, this whole motivational talk about "if you like this thing, just do it" make me want to go back and drawn again, XD
Nov 21, 2021 5:47 PM

Oct 2008
A true friend like Natsumi-chan will defend you from those brattish bullies!
oh that was a nice End Card by H-Artist: Sameda Koban!
4/5.

Nov 21, 2021 5:49 PM
May 2011
Probably my favorite episode so far, definitely one of my favorite animes this season
Nov 21, 2021 6:05 PM

Aug 2020
Natsumi got some spotlight here, and we had a glance at her school days with Futaba. She was rebel, but got softer and more kind when she became friends with Igarashi. Who she defended when some annoying students made fun of, due to Futaba's drawings, according to Igarashi in a party with her job friends, while in a conversation with Harumi.

Natsumi also didn't give up from athletism, even with her loss when a student tumbled on her purposefully. She found Yuto running, trying to make his best for the athletism team. And found that he wants to play basketball, but don't feel confident. Natsumi tells him to enjoy his school days and go after his main goal. Later, Sakurai tells her that he decided to pursue his dream. And Natsumi felt happy about it.

She finally appeared more. She's the best in my opinion.

Nov 21, 2021 6:48 PM

Mar 2019
I, Me, You, We, Everyone..... DE-FI-NI-TE-LY NEED...... a NATSUMI<3 Spin-Off!!

Great Episode... #Natsuwaifu
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Nov 21, 2021 10:06 PM

Apr 2020
I'm loving this anime more with this episode. We got a lot of flashbacks of Futaba and Natsumi, and we see how their friendship is born. Glad that they're still solid together as friends.

Also what the hell Doga Kobo, the animation and the art is fantastic. I really love this show because of its stylized drawings as well and my god it shows just how much they're wanting to make this show as great as possible, and I dig it. Another great episode for the show, and jeez this is criminally underrated this season.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2021

124 by nec0_0 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2021

167 by nazunaanimeomiru »»
Dec 27, 2023 2:00 AM

Poll: » Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2021

78 by basskiller »»
Nov 28, 2023 5:16 PM

Poll: » Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2021

93 by jspyy »»
Nov 27, 2023 10:21 AM

Poll: » Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2021

93 by jspyy »»
Nov 27, 2023 10:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.