Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 5, 2021 11:03 AM

Feb 2019
Had to pause and let out a massive “ayoooo” when Kanade and his friend were checking out middle schoolers lmaoo wtf, down bad.
Nov 5, 2021 11:11 AM
Jul 2021
Metropoliman collaborates with a serial killer of girls? He really has found the right pair!
Nov 5, 2021 11:15 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Its unfortunate but the girl was going to die no matter what they did. Props to Nasse though in engaging Metropoliman directly though. But emotionally that display sure was horrifying and showed well just how brutal the contest will be. A terminally ill cancer patient sure is a odd choice for a candidate. Still i guess someone thats going to die anyway has nothing to lose after all. That frozen girl that Kanade had within his house though sure was a tad creepy. Overall an interesting ep that while having some nice shock value narratively also served to expand upon the two groups of Mirai's team and Kanade via the inclusion of Nanato to the former and the expansion of character in the latter. The escape of the serial killer though adds a new layer of complexity to Mirai and co though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2021 11:43 AM
Jan 2018
Why is the antagonist dressed like an SMT/Persona high schooler?

I don't feel anything for any of the characters. At all. Its actually kind of impressive a story like this can be written. I thought battle royale stories depended on strongly written characters. It would appear I was mistaken.

I actually prefer an adult being the one to have a philosophical conversation with a child. It makes much more sense than all these stories with children that talk with other children about things most people don't consider until they are in their 30s.
Nov 5, 2021 12:49 PM

Jan 2018
So that girl got killed by Metropoliman. Pretty disappointing turn of events. But it makes the most sense so I guess there's nothing else to do about it. I just wish last episode's cliffhanger didn’t build up what was barely even 2 minutes into this episode.
I hope people will see now that Metropoliman is the evil one. Not much you could use to justify killing a kid. And there's a limit to how many you can mind control with red arrows (14).
Nov 5, 2021 1:48 PM
Aug 2018
Choosing the cancer guy make no sense. He was supposed to die on the day the Angel showed up. How is he supposed to survive 999 days ? (remember the death battle is not supposed to happen).

And the guy stopped all treatments. Would have make more sense to say he used the arrow to get money and the best treatment available.

Well, anyway, hope the serial killer will bring something interesting to the story. I hope it's not just the author having fun killing little girl for no reason...

Nov 5, 2021 2:07 PM

Feb 2014
It's a shame that the little girl ended up getting killed off, but I do like Nasse turning up and immediately squaring up to Metropoliman with such confidence. On the plus side, the fact that she appeared meant that Mirai wouldn't blow his cover at the stadium by doing something rather stupid.

Mukaidou's introduction was a bit sudden, but after hearing his sad backstory, he's a pretty decent and honest candidate himself, so it's good to see Mirai speak up and encourage him to keep on living for as long as he can.

Overall, this episode was pretty decent. Now we have a rather psychotic girl to deal with next time. Hopefully she'll be dealt with as soon as possible. =)
Nov 5, 2021 2:28 PM
Dec 2013
Ahhh, that flashback was so cringy. It is like the writer never talked to a child before. The kid was talking like a robotic adult or a fantasy AI learning about ethics and emotion for the first time.

And the short conversation about stealing from the rich not being wrong seems like something you'd see on a Reddit post.

Still enjoying the show, but you can definitely tell what kind of kid the writer of the story was, lmao.
Nov 5, 2021 4:45 PM

Oct 2020
Damn, Metropoliman is absolutely brutal. Nanato seems like a really knowledgeable, nice guy. He's definitely a nice addition to the team. So, we got to see Metropoliman's true motive.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2021 4:46 PM

Jun 2021
Meh episode.

Since they ended on a cliffhanger last episode, I thought maybe there will be a twist/surprise that would save the little girl, but instead we get nothing and she just dies. That was kind of a let down.

New character is OK, but like most characters in this show, very generic and not interesting.

At least I got a good laugh when they showed Kanade in that school uniform. That has to be one of the silliest looking school uniforms in anime history.
Nov 5, 2021 4:58 PM

Feb 2012
0:33 another God Candidate now knows them for looking up at Nasse. I bet the comment from Metropoliman that his angel is sexier is what gave away the identity to Nasse. Yeah, I expected the girl be a 1 ep character.

9:00 They can just use Nasse then. No need to waste red arrows if the only thing you need from the other person is a confession. This dude seems kind-hearted enough is useful due to his job. So he's going to make the hero suit for Mirai.

17:46 Kanade and his friend, yo wtf, checking out middle schoolers? 18:46 this getting rid of all ugly girls bit was a red herring. An ill sister, that's Kanade's motivation....We know the serial killer is that girl, is Metropoliman going to frame his friend instead?
Fortress_MaximusNov 5, 2021 5:12 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 5, 2021 5:02 PM

Apr 2015
a slow chapter but with a lot of information typical mangaka Ohba, Tsugumi,
Nov 6, 2021 2:01 AM
Oct 2020
In my opinion mirai still has some growing to do as an MC, he is very indecisive and easily manipulated and doesn't really know what he wants to do. He can't act on something unless he gets a push from someone else.
Nov 6, 2021 11:29 AM

Mar 2021
just when i thought this anime couldn't get any more derivative, metropoliman turns out to be mr. freeze but with a dead sister instead of a terminally ill wife. there is not a single drop of originality in this series at all

5/5 great episode (that's not sarcasm; this anime is bad but entertaining as fuck my roasting is 100% lighthearted)
Nov 6, 2021 5:12 PM

Sep 2015
There has to be a more in-depth way to explain happiness or any other complexity to it. So far it has been very simplistic.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Nov 6, 2021 8:23 PM

May 2019
Is the framed girl the Edgyman imouto or the serial killer?

Anyway, now he has 1 month of a serial crazy killer with speed wings and knife to do a massacre of non-pretty girls for what seems to be NO REASON.

But then its Death Note author, so later Edgyman will explain "and this was my brilliant plan".

Mirai shitty character (skipped his boring flasback) got all his screentine stolen by Cancer Man who is already the best character of this show after a minute.
Nov 7, 2021 10:52 AM

Oct 2020
The flashback Mirai had of the conversation he had with his father was so painfully boring and hard not to skip. It was so corny and cheesy. So far basically none of the characters are interesting, most of them being very bland or just one note.

I'm going to continue watching but this has been a massive disappointment so far. I really hope that as the series goes on we'll get some character development to make these characters actually interesting. I still think there is potential here for something fun to watch at least but we'll see.
BucciaratiBrunoNov 7, 2021 11:49 AM

ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀɴʏ sᴇʀɪᴏᴜs ᴘʀᴏʙʟᴇᴍs? ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʜᴇʟᴘ ʏᴏᴜ… ʜᴇʜᴇʜ.

ɪ’ᴍ ᴛʀᴜʟʏ ʜᴏɴᴏʀᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀʟʟᴇᴅ ғᴏʀ ᴜs. ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴡɪsʜᴇs ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴇ.
🅢🅞🅤🅡🅒🅔
Nov 7, 2021 11:39 AM
Aug 2017
Did you guys realised how this anime would be at least 10x better if the story was about Metropoliman and Nanato? Those character actually have a decent reason to be there and they have something that the MC and his romantic affair do not have - BRAIN and PERSONALITY.

Metropoliman plain was lit and the fact that Nanato controled investigators and journalists to spot candidates to be God was smart. Reminded me the GOATED Death Note.

Man... Why do we have to follow the story of the most dumb and boring mc for a show like this? That makes me feel horrible

It was just so interesting to have a decent background from the villain, the standards for this show is so low, that seeing his true identy was very welcomed.

Everything about the villain and Nanato in this episode was great, everything about the mc was trash as always.

Nov 7, 2021 11:50 AM

Jan 2014
RyuRabbit said:
Anlex said:
Ok so now even having cancer is enough to be a god candidate? Like when they went with that suicide ratio etc I was quite sceptical, but hey now they are just pulling it outa their asses.
Well, either way, it was quite disappointing to see MC not engaging in a fight since his angel did tell him not to do so but hey they need those cliffhangers right? I wonder if they are gonna use the ring swapping or not, but I guess I should keep my expectations low.

People who have cancer like he did are likely wishing to die so yeah it fits.

Well from my experience no, most of them are coming through several stages when told the diagnosis - shock, denial, negation - aggression, fury - then they mostly try to do anything to actually get better - depression - accaptance (not everyone needs to get through all stages)

So yeah they can get to the state of depression but from what we saw he was quite ok with death, but that is quite different from wanting to die. Still, either way, that was not my point. It was said that all god candidates are in/from Japan because there is(was) the greatest suicide rate worldwide (which is still kinda bs tbh). But I can assure you that this is quite invalid if we were to discuss cancer prevalence.
Nov 7, 2021 11:55 AM

Jan 2014
Yuri_Cobaia said:
Did you guys realised how this anime would be at least 10x better if the story was about Metropoliman and Nanato? Those character actually have a decent reason to be there and they have something that the MC and his romantic affair do not have - BRAIN and PERSONALITY.

Metropoliman plain was lit and the fact that Nanato controled investigators and journalists to spot candidates to be God was smart. Reminded me the GOATED Death Note.

Man... Why do we have to follow the story of the most dumb and boring mc for a show like this? That makes me feel horrible

It was just so interesting to have a decent background from the villain, the standards for this show is so low, that seeing his true identy was very welcomed.

Everything about the villain and Nanato in this episode was great, everything about the mc was trash as always.

What do you mean that MC has no personality? What about his flashbacks that keep telling us that you need to be happy and that hating ppl is a bad thing... Man true enough this is quite hard to write without laughing.

But I like your look at the villain, it is true that he is the only one with a bit of suspence.
Nov 7, 2021 12:31 PM
Nov 2020
I like the new guy a lot, he has a goal already set about becoming God in order to ensure his family's happiness. That ain't selfish, that's called love
Nov 7, 2021 3:31 PM

Jul 2015
Anlex said:
RyuRabbit said:

People who have cancer like he did are likely wishing to die so yeah it fits.

Well from my experience no, most of them are coming through several stages when told the diagnosis - shock, denial, negation - aggression, fury - then they mostly try to do anything to actually get better - depression - accaptance (not everyone needs to get through all stages)

So yeah they can get to the state of depression but from what we saw he was quite ok with death, but that is quite different from wanting to die. Still, either way, that was not my point. It was said that all god candidates are in/from Japan because there is(was) the greatest suicide rate worldwide (which is still kinda bs tbh). But I can assure you that this is quite invalid if we were to discuss cancer prevalence.

Sure from your experience whilst I agree the majority don’t it’s not all and we can’t see from the guy here and what we saw he wanted to die he made that clear he was happy his time had come.

Suicide was the reason given but that’s because suicide means wanting to die so all he needed was to want to die.

He had given up and accepted death now wanting it hence why he gave up on treatment and was letting himself die which is choosing to die which is close to suicide which by their rules is enough to qualify fair enough if you disagree but that’s how it came across to me
Nov 7, 2021 5:29 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The new guy seems cool, really like the VA.
Nov 7, 2021 6:19 PM

Mar 2018
nahhhhhh i did not get excited for the fight in this episode because of episode 4 just for them to let the little girl die nahhhhhhhhhhhh

i like the look of this new guy that turned up and i hope we find more candidates soon and hopefully one of them is a badass because we haven't really seen a candidate like that yet (i know theyre all supposed to be down on their luck and suicidal but i'm still hoping)

now we know metropoliman is doing it for his sister but to release a murderer as well? i didn't like him after the first time we saw him he's a dick
Nov 8, 2021 11:18 AM

Jan 2014
RyuRabbit said:
Anlex said:

Sure from your experience whilst I agree the majority don’t it’s not all and we can’t see from the guy here and what we saw he wanted to die he made that clear he was happy his time had come.

Suicide was the reason given but that’s because suicide means wanting to die so all he needed was to want to die.

He had given up and accepted death now wanting it hence why he gave up on treatment and was letting himself die which is choosing to die which is close to suicide which by their rules is enough to qualify fair enough if you disagree but that’s how it came across to me

Oh, I would say that there is a misunderstanding still... since I have no problem with him being qualified. my problem is that all the god candidates are in japan.
Nov 8, 2021 7:07 PM

Jul 2015
Anlex said:
RyuRabbit said:

Oh, I would say that there is a misunderstanding still... since I have no problem with him being qualified. my problem is that all the god candidates are in japan.
ah gotcha! Yeah that’s seems like a plot bs thing to explain not dealing with making characters from around the globe etc
Nov 8, 2021 7:42 PM

Apr 2018
I wonder why her sister is in Cryo.
Nov 15, 2021 8:14 AM

Dec 2016
It was evident that the little kid would die. Now after doing this, even commoners will be against Metropoliman.

“So even Saki is capable of hating people”
That sounds dumb...

I don't really like their concept that a worst thing a person can do is hate people...just let people be...
And again with those ridiculous happiness shit...It's so odd to have such conversation with your dad. Had to cringe so bad.

So the person who took their picture wasn't working with Metropoliman. Good thing it was someone sane. It will be advantageous for them to gather all the God Candidates with a sane mind.

This God Candidate they met turns out to be a costume designer. It will get so much more ridiculous to see all the living God Candidates flying around cosplaying like Ultraman and Kamen Riders...

After seeing that scene of Metropoliman's school life, He definitely doesn't seem to get bullied but instead has friends, he's ikemen, has tons of money so it makes me wonder just what made him want to die. They mentioned something about his sister, so was it like “my sister's dead then there's no reason for me to live”...

Now some Jack the ripper kind of serial killer is on the lose. It will get interesting.

That's so meme worthy, gonna save it XD
Rickydory123Nov 15, 2021 8:19 AM
Nov 30, 2021 10:57 AM

Mar 2010
Too much talking. Lol why is his sis in frozen animation.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 17, 2021 3:44 AM
May 2020
designer added to the team. he seems goated
Dec 18, 2021 1:58 PM

Dec 2013
In the end, he really did murder the little girl. He's even more brutal than I expected.

This new guy seems like a likeable guy so far. I hope he doesn't die too quickly.
Dec 23, 2021 9:47 PM

Jul 2013
So no Trump?? Disappointed
Jan 4, 2022 8:11 AM
Jan 2022
Anlex said:
Ok so now even having cancer is enough to be a god candidate? Like when they went with that suicide ratio etc I was quite sceptical, but hey now they are just pulling it outa their asses.
Well, either way, it was quite disappointing to see MC not engaging in a fight since his angel did tell him not to do so but hey they need those cliffhangers right? I wonder if they are gonna use the ring swapping or not, but I guess I should keep my expectations low.
I feel like its more that he could survive and chose to give up on life, but still those angel choices really are something...
Jan 4, 2022 8:15 AM
Jan 2022
I feel like even if he kills all other canideds he will not become the new God, plus none of them were supostd to kill eachother God was suposth to decide after 3 years...
Jan 8, 2022 5:34 AM

Jan 2014
vujanov1cn said:
Anlex said:
I feel like its more that he could survive and chose to give up on life, but still those angel choices really are something...

Yeah, I get that, but what I meant was you know the reason all of these candidates are in japan is because of the suicide rate there (and yeah that by itself is total bs) but then they add to that cancer and giving up on life? Oh, boy that is surely only in japan right?
Jan 17, 2022 4:50 AM

Dec 2015
I just love that old guys char design and voice actor - refreshing to see such a character in a shounen. Also nice that Nasse stopped Mirai and Saki - would have been boring turn of events if they had tried to save the girl. (I had expected the anime would take this route - with them somehow escaping ... or alraedy killing Poliman + another enemy next episode.)
Feb 19, 2022 9:38 PM
Feb 2020
The fact that the Purity angel keeps saying that murder and theft is the correct way of doing things does not make me feel super great.
May 17, 2022 6:25 PM

Dec 2007
oh no, they ruined the best character introduced yet.
in the manga mukaidou have such deep and sad story, they just cut it through. oish.
the worst, he even doesn't like he looks in the manga, he seems too much young.

complaining about cutting and shortening full dialogues won't get my anywhere.
and also the bad education mirai's father gave him.

i only hope they won't censor the next chapter, or did they already?
May 21, 2022 3:35 PM

Mar 2013
If the mc win in the end it would be so bullshit, dude doing litteraly nothing when his enemy doubling and tripling his range and training his skill while hiring minion, it's like Jotaro owning Dio when he leave the jail in the first episode of Jojo star crusader lmao.
Jun 16, 2022 4:22 AM

Jul 2015
Babe-watching middle-schoolers and his naked sister being in cryostasis, Kanade definitely is a big creep if him killing the three other candidates didn't indicate that.

Aug 24, 2022 7:14 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Awesome episode 10/10

Yasutora Sado

and

張大です for 張大勇督察
Mar 9, 2023 12:02 AM

Jun 2011
Did the show conveniently forgot that normal people can't see angels? When Nasse asked the people in the stadium to leave..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2022

274 by Kitsu-nee »»
Jan 20, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2021

162 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:03 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2021

117 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:02 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2021

139 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:01 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2021

230 by Lita2013 »»
Nov 25, 2023 9:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.