Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 2, 2010 7:52 PM

Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LISTEN TO THE STEREO!! TONIGHT! TONIGHT! TONIGHT!
Hayaku...LET'S PLAY AGAIN!

That was a really badass OP. I liked Tsuna's screaming in it. (and they keep their tradition of spoiling the entire next arc in the OP. Though they weren't that obvious this time. :P)

EDIT: Hey Beat Crusaders helped out on this again like the last one!
garfield15Apr 2, 2010 7:56 PM
Apr 2, 2010 8:06 PM

Jan 2009
This episode is one level above the others in terms of quality.

Anyway, awesome OP & ED. I still have doubts about how they're going about with this arc but I'll forgive them because KHR is just too awesome right now.

Good episode, overall.
My brain: Yorozuya Gin-chan -> Yozakura Quartet = Yorozuya Quartet (this is how much Gintama has affected me).
Apr 2, 2010 8:36 PM

Aug 2009
I'm going to assume this is "canon filler" like Arcobaleno Trials was. Though honestly, this isn't half bad. Like, it's something that could easily fit with the manga. Daemon Spade sounds like he wants to do inappropriate things to Chrome though....

-"Mother, Father, Brother, Sister and All of my Friends--Thank you for your love."
^^Surprisingly good English up in here?

-Lol, Varia hijacked the previous ED. And WOW! Yuni looks cute in that outfit.

This is probably the best Reborn! OP/ED combo. Seriously.
Apr 2, 2010 8:46 PM

Jan 2009
They're definitely hinting at something that's to be revealed later in the manga (no spoilers though).

This filler has the potential to be good (like the Arcobaleno arc) but it can go down the drain as well (like the Arcobaleno arc--- seriously, are the Arcobalenos that weak or are Tsuna's Guardians that strong?) depending on how they handle the next couple of episodes. I'm guessing they'll spend about 13 eps in this one and take another 13 or more for when they go back to the future.

I agree about the OP/ED though. I'm already listening to them over and over. I can't wait until the full songs are released.
niiicaApr 2, 2010 8:50 PM
My brain: Yorozuya Gin-chan -> Yozakura Quartet = Yorozuya Quartet (this is how much Gintama has affected me).
Apr 2, 2010 9:22 PM

Sep 2008
Now this is how you do filler, by making it really not feel like a filler at all. Some other studios might want to pick up this habit.

I loved seeing the first guardians and the overall episode even if there was like no action at all and a ton of standing around and talking. Them being enigmatic must have really gotten to me. The ed was quite good as well; Chrome is so cute. <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2010 9:35 PM
Nov 2009
Enjoyed the new Opening. The episode was good too even through its going back to fillers.
Apr 2, 2010 9:47 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Pretty interesting filler.

Apr 2, 2010 9:47 PM

Nov 2009
MY GOD, the new opening was too EPIC!!!!!!!!!!! Best KHR opening IMO.
Apr 2, 2010 10:12 PM

Nov 2009
lol the first generation Vongolas resemble Tsuna's family. that part was lame. they even have the same personalities - but when they returned to past again was awesome, and the most epic was the OP and ED!
Apr 2, 2010 10:35 PM

Apr 2008
Cool~ So that's how the Vongola I family look like xD haha

Apr 3, 2010 12:00 AM

Aug 2009
I seriously enjoyed this episode. I had a feeling something was gonna happen with the Arcobaleno when I watched the preview in the previous episode.

Opening and Ending themes. Holy crap, so awesome. Watched the episode twice cause it was so friggin' cool. First Gen. Vongola Guardians are pretty awesome, except the names kinda messed it up for me. Sun Guardian...Knuckle. Really? D: <

Man, I really like where this is going. I hope I don't get disappointed. Can't wait till next week.
Apr 3, 2010 12:08 AM

Aug 2009
Vongola Primo > Tsuna by a mile.
Apr 3, 2010 1:44 AM
Jul 2008
-is a gibbering fangirling idiot ATM-

HOLY FU--! PRIMO~~~~ <333 YES! everytime he says 'Decimo" it just fuels my G27 love Even if it was just standing aroud and talking, it was enough for me! I GOT TO SEE THE FIRST-GENERATION GUARDIANS! Well, it's, like, to the power of 7, my joy right now, because I would've been satisfied with just showing Giotto -tonfa'd-

.... But, seriously, pink hair AND tattoo? WUT? Also, what happened to Allaude's blond hair? It look's.... washed up... : And Daemon Spades kinda gives off the feeling of a Mukuro and Glo Xinia combined....must be the clothes....or something... >_<

Anyways, OP AND ED ARE EPIC!

-slap picture with Varia-hijacked room- MOTHER FATHER BROTHER SISTER AND ALL MY FRIENDS I LOVE YOU SO MUCH <-- major lulz

Shizu_dark said:
Vongola Guardians are pretty awesome, except the names kinda messed it up for me. Sun Guardian...Knuckle. Really? D: <

Have you also noticed that he wears priest clothes? XDDDDD

I really hope we get to see some First-Generation Guardians - Primo interaction too~
AlmaMatsuApr 3, 2010 1:50 AM
Apr 3, 2010 1:51 AM

Dec 2009
Is this show worth picking up? I've watched a few episodes some years ago, but I never picked it up though I liked it. And it looks like it's one of the better typical shonen-series. Sooo, what do you think? :D
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Apr 3, 2010 1:57 AM

Apr 2009
OMG, that was epic!! The Primo Vongola Family is the best thing I've seen since seeing Yamamoto's Vongola Box!( actually it wasn't long ago, but that's one of the best features of KHR - unpredictability :D)

I just can't wait to see what will happen in next eps ! I'm not reading the manga so I didn't even notice that this could be a filler (I thought the same with arcobaleno trials :p)

OP and ED are totally awesome! They really did a piece of art this time. And the 'Familia' song just suits great with the whole story ;)

KHR is the most epic anime I've watched so far!
Apr 3, 2010 2:41 AM

Jul 2008
I didn't think that this filler was going to be awesome.But I was wrong 8D I'm actually pretty glad there's a filler because the Future arc ended in the manga...weird.I mean, they lost the Choice game and they were beaten up but they still battled Byakuran and the six funeral wraths AND won[ that wasn't really a spoiler, of course they'd win.]
And we get to see the first Vongola Guardians who are epic.And what if they look like the Guardians from now?Then we'll have two times the epicness, hehe.
OP AND ED ARE EXTREME.
I liked the endng when Varia appeared in that room and Tsuna was like OMGWTFAHHHH XANXUS.
Or when Kyoko, Haru and Chrome were shopping and you see Lussuria with a dress or something being all happy.
Mannn, can't wait for the next episode.

Marow said:
Is this show worth picking up? I've watched a few episodes some years ago, but I never picked it up though I liked it. And it looks like it's one of the better typical shonen-series. Sooo, what do you think? :D

Yesss, you should totally pick it up.Or at least read the manga but you'll lose some of the good things in the anime.
Apr 3, 2010 3:00 AM

Oct 2009
I know this is a filler but... I loved this episode :D
The new OP and ED are great!
Lambo's expression when seeing the lightning guardian was priceless xD
And Vongola I ... I need to join his fanclub >_<

Is it only me or are the Reborn! fillers somehow good ? ... at least in comparision to Naruto or Bleach fillers ...

Apr 3, 2010 3:09 AM

Aug 2009
This arc is gonna be full of awesomeness!!!!!

http://jedikieth.mybrute.com/ -Fight MyBrute! Be my Pupil!
Apr 3, 2010 3:21 AM

Jul 2008
O yea even tho this filler i enjoyed it man i cant wait for the trials especially Lanbo and Chrome they the ones that got me interested

5/5
Apr 3, 2010 5:04 AM

Jan 2009
I hope the Arcobaleno don't turn into filler characters. Appearing in every filler.

But KHR sure knows how to make fillers, they're just as cool as the real episodes =D
Apr 3, 2010 6:31 AM

Feb 2008
Wonderful.

If I haven't read Manga I wouldn't know that this was filler. (Happened before, with Arcobaleno trials. I wasn't reading manga, and when I saw that there were no trials in Manga, I was wtf?)..
Apr 3, 2010 8:26 AM

Mar 2009
XD KHR fillers are great and actually complement the original storyline. Shame that these aren't part of the manga. Skull and Hibari's partnership are funny enough already. It'll just get funnier

What I don't quite like is how the Primo's guardians look so similar to Tsuna's guardians and even have nearly the same personality ==" . ANd seriously, Knuckle?? G?

Hibari needs a life outside of school
zanpakutoflamesApr 3, 2010 8:53 AM
Apr 3, 2010 10:41 AM

Jul 2007
the arc looks really awesome with primo <3 and the other first generation vongola family 8DD
Apr 3, 2010 11:01 AM

Jan 2010
1st generation Vongola was cool.

lol?! a lampo o.o
i mean lambo & lampo XP

then again the boss looks a lot like Tsuna.
as expected with 100% Melting Point X3

can't wait for next week where training starts.
well though i smell fillers
Apr 3, 2010 11:15 AM

Apr 2008
Hated both the new OP and ED. The episode was really boring. And boy, I bet they didn't spend a lot of time on character designs. I know it's supposed to mean that they were destined and shit, but wow. Just make the current people taller and there you go! Unimpressed.
Apr 3, 2010 11:38 AM

Nov 2007
Had to watch the opening 4 times until I could start the ep ;.; it really fits and it made me lol of so mutch spoilers xD
Anyways a new filler and I think this one is gonna be very intresting, preview of the next episode maked me even more exciting but because it is a filler I can't find out what happens next in the manga ;.;...
Apr 3, 2010 11:55 AM

Jan 2009
diannaa said:
Have you also noticed that he wears priest clothes? XDDDDD

Dunno if it's a spoiler or if it was mentioned already, but if you wanna look (read at your own risk~):
Apr 3, 2010 12:12 PM

Nov 2008
Lambo guardian appear at the wrong time
Apr 3, 2010 1:12 PM

May 2007
lol at his rapist face

Apr 3, 2010 1:13 PM

Dec 2007
garfield15 said:
LISTEN TO THE STEREO!! TONIGHT! TONIGHT! TONIGHT!
Apr 3, 2010 1:34 PM

Aug 2009
Miyuku said:
Had to watch the opening 4 times until I could start the ep ;.; it really fits and it made me lol of so mutch spoilers xD

I think I've watched the OP at least 20 times now.

What was the episode about again?
Apr 3, 2010 2:51 PM
Oct 2008
TAB said:
lol at his rapist face

You've read my thoughts. :(

Anyway, this episode was beautiful. I didn't even know this was a filler arc until I read the replies here. I'm just hoping it won't turn into shit like the Arcobaleno arc. :(
Apr 3, 2010 3:19 PM

Jul 2008
I love the new OP, i think it has to be my ultimate favorite.

My favorie parts in it were was the beginning with Uni crying and being taken away by Byakuran and Tsuna trying to save her

And when it showed Haru and Kyoko, that was sad and sweet.
Of course the Acrobaleno! Verde and Fon are cuter then ever ^^
And vongola primo's family! they were especially cute in the episode i loved all they're meetings with the gaurdians

G: very good looking of course he doesnt' trust gokudera to follow in his footsteps besides looking the exact same as him and personality >_> i guess stubborness is a storm guardian thing, but i still love him so much!.

asari: he's cute and sweet like Yamamoto, i love him! i can't get over his adorable laugh :) too cute
his hats cool too, and YEAHZ next weeks his episode.
hope he kicks a** just not Yamamoto's ^^

knuckle: first of all funny name ^^ im glad he doesn't look like Yamamoto as much as he did pictures ive seen, he's very calm and wise, and yet at the same time like ryohei XD
plus i love how he's so bishounen, his outfit is awesome.

Aluade: Very hotzzz, love his name it sound so cool
love his blonde hair, love his hot voice, love his loner, serious, bada** attituide, love him! oh and his blue eye's, so pretty~

Lampo: he's adorable!!! i don't mind his green hair, i think it's nice, but
i was kind of expecting blonde, it could have made his eye's pop more
besides we already have 2 other green hair green eyes characters ( Fran, kikyo)
love his shirt too it's quiet fanservicy >:D appearence aside, i think his personality resambles that of more 5 year old Lambo, he refers to himself as the "awesome guardian of the lightning ring ( 15 year old Lambo is more polite and well mannered) loved how he popped up on Lambo on the toilet that was a good scene, ive been imagining he was going to ask why his counter part was a little toddler why'll every one else's were going to be around his age 14-16 and i was right >: )

Demon Spade: first of all he really should stop staring at Chrome-chan like that, it's quiet creepy and people are going to think he's a pedo
(hoping Mokuro will appear teach him not to look at his Chrome like that)
>_> That aside i think he's cool glad he has the pinapple hairstyle ^^ not so sure about the bangs though.
And is it just me or does he look like hes going to be trouble this arc that @_@ along with Verde.
Apr 3, 2010 4:18 PM

Dec 2007
Lambo123e said:
I love the new OP, i think it has to be my ultimate favorite.

My favorie parts in it were was the beginning with Uni crying and being taken away by Byakuran and Tsuna trying to save her

And when it showed Haru and Kyoko, that was sad and sweet.
Of course the Acrobaleno! Verde and Fon are cuter then ever ^^
And vongola primo's family! they were especially cute in the episode i loved all they're meetings with the gaurdians

Don't forget that in the OP when they show Mukuro there's an awesome guitar thingy.
I came thrice.
DeadIEndApr 3, 2010 4:25 PM
Apr 3, 2010 4:32 PM

Aug 2009
Carolina said:
TAB said:
lol at his rapist face

You've read my thoughts.

I love his face there like "Oh hell yeah, a hot chick!"
Apr 3, 2010 4:50 PM

Jul 2008
rarri said:

Don't forget that in the OP when they show Mukuro there's an awesome guitar thingy.
I came thrice.

oh yeah right after they show Chrome i love that part ^^ he looks really cool.
Apr 3, 2010 5:02 PM

Dec 2007
And there's that awesome ahhhh ahhhh ahhhh part where Tsuna opens his mouth wide.

FUCK YEAH.
Apr 3, 2010 5:09 PM

Aug 2009
rarri said:
And there's that awesome ahhhh ahhhh ahhhh part where Tsuna opens his mouth wide.

FUCK YEAH.

I am incredibly surprised at how well they timed that with the "ahhh ahhh" part.

What I really like about the new OP is that it gets really really intense and awesome for a full 1:20 and then for the last ten seconds, it mellows into a soft ballad which should sound disjointed from the song but instead it sounds great.
Apr 3, 2010 5:13 PM

Jan 2010

lambo and lampo;like long lost brothers reunited XD
love or hate, i couldn't care less
Apr 3, 2010 7:21 PM

Jul 2009
The OP was pure awesomeness.

Another filler arc that is as interesting as the main storyline itself. KHR are just good at doing fillers, don't they? XD

Can't wait to see more of the 1st Generation guardians...
This is a signature.
Apr 3, 2010 8:03 PM

Jun 2008
Great Ep, and the new OP/ED are flat out awesome.

Although, this episode has me questioning what reborn said about the first's family in the past: There was a religious head ( or someone of religious importance), a king, and a member of another mafia family. My guesses are:

Religious dude: Knuckle

A king: Lampo (
) or daemon spade (nothing's really known about him, so its possible)

Member of another mafia: Daemon spade, Alaude or G.
Apr 3, 2010 11:02 PM

May 2008
MAN I LOVE THIS SHOW ITS JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 4, 2010 1:01 AM

Dec 2007
This is how fillers should be done, having a filler and yet it's still part of the main storyline, perfect.

Loved seeing the first generation guardians, and the opening was fantastic!
[color=#3399CC]All credit goes to Daika-san.
[/color]
Apr 4, 2010 1:16 AM

Dec 2008
the new op is so kick ass
Apr 4, 2010 1:35 AM
Jan 2008
I wonder why 1st generation mist guardian has a triangle face
Apr 4, 2010 1:39 AM
Jan 2008
The new opening is so revealing/foreshadowing

Apr 4, 2010 5:53 AM
Nov 2007
I personally enjoy reading the manga alot more, since the pace is appropriate and no filler crap to spoil power levels and ideas.

I can understand that people that haven't seen the manga before could enjoy this arc, but WTF for those that have read it. it totally spoils whats going to happen in the future. i mean, in the manga the event that happened was.."WTF EPIC" when it occurred, now all these hints and spoilers are everywhere, and it totally disgraces the millefiore families rep, as they take fucking forever to catch up.

why is there even a need to put a filler arc anyway? cant they just do it AFTER the future arc. Before, fair enough, since they were dangerously near the manga, but now?...theres just no need to.

i personally cant see amano consenting to this garbage, but correct me if im wrong.

on the other hand, decent OP, not the best ive seen tho.
Apr 4, 2010 8:48 AM

Jun 2008
PhoenixIce said:

Apr 4, 2010 9:51 AM
Nov 2009
conankudo4 said:
PhoenixIce said:

yeah if you compare it to the manga page.

Apr 4, 2010 12:36 PM
Oct 2008
I am sure Mukuro will appear to protect Chrome or something like that. I mean, isn't it strange that they didn't just use Mukuro's seiyuu for Demon Spade? This means that these two characters will appear together and talk.

Hibari got the same seiyuu as his 'ancestor' (and the arcabaleno), but since Hibari and these other two characters don't talk much, less with each other, it was easy for the producers to pick the same seiyuu for these three roles. Same with Lampo / Adult Lambo --> same seiyuu, since it is unlikely these two will meet.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Episode 203 Discussion ( 1 2 )

byebyeblackbird - Dec 2, 2010

94 by wildhood »»
May 13, 12:28 PM

Poll: » Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Episode 202 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Blackbird - Sep 17, 2010

116 by wildhood »»
May 13, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Episode 200 Discussion ( 1 2 )

greenmush - Sep 3, 2010

62 by wildhood »»
May 4, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Episode 78 Discussion

hyunnie14 - Apr 14, 2008

20 by onvoorspelbaar »»
Apr 26, 4:27 PM

» Reborn the Character

Kakuneon - Apr 14

0 by Kakuneon »»
Apr 14, 2:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.