Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2021 2:02 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
tsubasaloverOct 30, 2021 2:58 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 30, 2021 4:10 AM

Mar 2019
So Rion now is basically Kikyou 2.0. Her soul is inside a temporary body but since her soul was not "split" like it was with Kikyou and Kagome, she won't need to be collecting souls to keep herself "alive". Riku saying he shouldn't even look at Rion at first and then taking her away was weird.

Sesshoumaru destroyed the dream butterfly and now Setsuna can sleep and Rin is free. Always love how his character is portrayed. His emotions are not easy to read, but you can feel that his "I see" means somehow him feeling relieved that, even for a moment, Moroha was able to see her parents. They being separated its all his fault after all.

So we have two objectives from now on. Saving Rin's life and stopping Kirinmaru. Next episode seems to be a filler to slow down the tempo. Well, Setsuna hasn't slept for years, so it's fair that she will be sleeping/sleepy for a while. Hoping for a fun episode and that this time, they don't repeat the mess it was that S1EP19.

By the way, I'm starting to like Towa a bit more, even though she is still annoying sometimes.
Oct 30, 2021 4:18 AM

Mar 2016
A really cool episode, glad to see a Moroha / Sesshomaru interaction, it’s the first time they actually talk even if it’s really quick because Sesshomaru love to cut conversations short as always.
Rion is a touching character, it’s nice to see more backstory about her past with her father.
Plus, Riku part was funny, I like his interactions with Towa haha

Tbh, I think i’m gonna skip the next episode because the most annoying character even Princess Aiya seems to be back and I think I can’t bring myself to see this mess, it’s kinda sad because the anime was finally getting good and interesting T_T

Sorry, my english may not be the best, I am french.

Oct 30, 2021 4:30 AM

Sep 2016
This whole anime feels like a loosely designed filler. With every episode it's getting worse.
Oct 30, 2021 6:16 AM
Oct 2016
Rion is a sweet girl so I'm glad she wasn't just killed right there on the Mountain. Even in only an artificial body it's good she can roam free now after being locked in essentially limbo for hundreds of years. Kirinmaru wanting to fight the strongest opponent around does make sense, that's probably the reason he fought the great dog demon and Sesshomaru. Kirinmaru wants the greatest test of his strength he can find. Setsuna having the ability to see the threads of fate will come in handy later. She could use that same thing to cut the thread between Rin and Zero. Especially now that Setsuna isn't giving Rin her dreams anymore the curse set upon Rin could accelerate. Sesshomaru made an executive decision cutting Setsuna dream butterfly, it does give his daughter her sleep back but it also puts his love in more pressing danger. Rion going off with Riku is good so that she won't get in the girls way when they're fighting. Towa yelling right in Riku face made me laugh, sending a very clear message to Kirinmaru saying to come get this smoke! Next episode seems like a good single focused episode after having these last couple concurrent episodes. Hisui getting more focus is good.
Oct 30, 2021 6:17 AM
Oct 2016
Stranger_Hanyo said:
This whole anime feels like a loosely designed filler. With every episode it's getting worse.

Its an original anime not based on a manga or novel or game or anything. So its all canon. Y'all gotta get that through tour skulls
Oct 30, 2021 7:22 AM

Jul 2017
As expected, Kirinmaru's daughter Rion's spirit situated at Mt. Musubi, and awaiting upon the half-demon princesses to come collect the Kyuyokon root while Riku fends off against the lower-class demons, the children sure want their parents dead to save the world from becoming this "Degenerate Age".

Rion, like Rin, is attached to the Dream Butterfly "Red Thread of Fate" that beckons from their controls of both Kirinmaru and Zero, and since Setsuna is able to sever the Dream Butterfly with her Yukari no Tachikiri naginata, Rin should be the same, and Sesshomaru shortened that process for Setsuna in order to get some sleep.

The Star-Slicer Flute a.k.a. the Zanseiken though, amassed together with the Kyuyokon root makes it look and feel like Sesshomaru's Tenseiga, if a bit underpowered.

I have to admit that Towa using Riku as a mouthpiece to get her point across to Kirinmaru is funny though. With both children Rion and Riku out of Kirinmaru's grasps, at least that mission is complete, and we can move on.
Oct 30, 2021 7:54 AM

Jul 2009
Stranger_Hanyo said:

Actually I feel like it's getting better. This season was much better than the last.

I like how they're reusing concepts so it doesn't seem like things are being pulled out of nowhere.

The whole Rion being in a body made of her bones and graveyard dirt is exactly what happened with Kikyo so we know it's possible. If a demon sorcess could do it why couldn't a power daiyoukai like Kirinmaru?

Also it makes sense that a daiyoukai like Kirinmaru would have powerful swords too. Of course made a different way than Inu no Taisho's. Gotta keep things fresh somehow.

Then there's the whole Riku and Osamu-sensei origin. They're incarnations from Kirinmaru like Kagura and Kanna were from Naraku.

I could've done without the whole rainbow pearls thing replicating the shikon no tama tho.
Oct 30, 2021 8:33 AM
Jun 2021
Sesshomaru talked very little as always. I'm worried about Moroha when he brought up Inuyasha and she felt a bit confuse. Waiting them for reunion.
Oct 30, 2021 9:46 AM
May 2011
When the escape scene (which looked awful) pivoted to the transformation scene for the flute/sword, I'd seen enough.
Oct 30, 2021 9:59 AM

Feb 2019
So Rion is this generation’s kikyo. Nice. Ok so this is a nitpick I know but how the hell would Kirinmaru and Rion have flown near the Taj Mahal when it wasn’t built until the 17th century??

Towa’s new sword looks really cool. Definitely going to take more than that to defeat kirinmaru tho.

I love how sesshomaru drops by to give tough love every now and again. Releasing Setsuna from her curse, even though he doesn’t explicitly say things, his actions prove how much he cares about his girls and his woman. His development from the original series is unparalleled.

Anyone else lowkey get kinda sad because it feels like we’re nearing the end of the series? Really don’t want it to end.
Oct 30, 2021 12:03 PM
Jul 2018
Marinate1016 said:
So Rion is this generation’s kikyo. Nice. Ok so this is a nitpick I know but how the hell would Kirinmaru and Rion have flown near the Taj Mahal when it wasn’t built until the 17th century??

Towa’s new sword looks really cool. Definitely going to take more than that to defeat kirinmaru tho.

I love how sesshomaru drops by to give tough love every now and again. Releasing Setsuna from her curse, even though he doesn’t explicitly say things, his actions prove how much he cares about his girls and his woman. His development from the original series is unparalleled.

Anyone else lowkey get kinda sad because it feels like we’re nearing the end of the series? Really don’t want it to end.
i kinda noticed it too,Now that towa has the sword and Rin curse is active we are definitely near the end,This season is much better than the first One because the pacing is much better i am a bit sad too
Oct 30, 2021 12:54 PM

Jul 2016
sesshomaru sucks yashahime sucks
Oct 30, 2021 2:09 PM
Mar 2015
Thanks a lot Sesshouaru Forcing Setsuma to save Rin Just like Rion forced Towa to fight Kiramaru
Oct 30, 2021 2:11 PM
Oct 2020
aoishiteru said:
at least he is good dad cutting rin butterfly in order for setsuna to sleep even if it puts rin on time limit again
Oct 30, 2021 2:21 PM
Nov 2019
I feel like I missed something, Setsuna cutting the red string was supposed to cause Rion to disappear but then she is able to leave in an artificial body?
Oct 30, 2021 2:32 PM

Jun 2017
Oh okay so Rion got Kikyou'd basically.

Also Riku is the king of simps. lol

New sword for Towa goes brrrr.
Oct 30, 2021 2:39 PM
Apr 2021
Setsuna can finally sleep once again! Towa got a new badass sword the Zenseiken, while freeing Rion in the process. The part when Towa was screaming in Riku’s face was hilarious, Towa wants all the smoke from Kirinmaru. Now that Setsuna is able to sleep freely she doesn’t seem to have all her memories she had as a child with Towa, they need to find a way to save mommy Rin. I’m excited to see how they are going to do that.
Oct 30, 2021 6:31 PM

Jun 2019
Was the scene with Kirinmaru traveling and crossing the world in several different directions and locations with his daughter meant to imply that he can already in some capacity cross spacetime and therefore navigate time travel?

Because the world of Inuyasha is set in the 1500s and this is only a few decades later (if Rin was eight in the original series, had her daughters Towa and Setsuna 10 years later when she was 18, and now they're both 14 years-old) - it's 24 years later to be precise then where the events of the original series left off.

They depict flying over several famous historical, cultural, and natural sites in their journey. There is the Taj Mahal in India, the Great Wall of China, some mountains and a forested river region that kind of resembles the Rocky Mountains mountain range and something like Rocky Mountain National Park (in Colorado) or Yosemite National Park (in California) in the United States, and something that looks like the Parthenon or another comparable ancient Greek temple.

Yet the Taj Mahal was constructed in 1631, which would be years still from the future of when this series is set. Even moreso because it looked in the scene like Kirinmaru was flying with Rion when she was still alive as a human and not a ghost/spirit. So if she died 600 years prior to the present day (present for the series), that would be sometime in the 900s A.D. (10th century).

Considering some corners cut on the series in general (especially the first season), it's a minor gripe which just can be chalked up to an inconsequential oversight which doesn't really matter or hold any deeper meaning.

But considering Kirinmaru already exists in the present present day (modern Tokyo, Japan that's presumably around the same year as ours where Towa was living with Sota) in some form in some alter ego/disguise or separate entity carved off from his own body or consciousness (like Riku) - the teacher from Towa's private school - it doesn't seem totally implausible or impossible that he already gained this ability that Rion was warning the gang about this episode.

But if he already gained the ability or exists in the future...is it really something which can be prevented in the present (1500s feudal age present)...due to the mechanics of time travel everything can be happening concurrently and it's very unclear.
WatchTillTandavaOct 30, 2021 6:35 PM
Oct 31, 2021 12:43 AM

Sep 2016
Inugirlz said:
Stranger_Hanyo said:

Actually I feel like it's getting better. This season was much better than the last.

I like how they're reusing concepts so it doesn't seem like things are being pulled out of nowhere.

The whole Rion being in a body made of her bones and graveyard dirt is exactly what happened with Kikyo so we know it's possible. If a demon sorcess could do it why couldn't a power daiyoukai like Kirinmaru?

Also it makes sense that a daiyoukai like Kirinmaru would have powerful swords too. Of course made a different way than Inu no Taisho's. Gotta keep things fresh somehow.

Then there's the whole Riku and Osamu-sensei origin. They're incarnations from Kirinmaru like Kagura and Kanna were from Naraku.

I could've done without the whole rainbow pearls thing replicating the shikon no tama tho.

It's just not that.

The sword attacks for example, looks more like DBZ attacks married with Naruto jutsus.

The story feels very loosely connected, it feels very episodic and unconnected sometimes.

The villains look a lot cartoon-ish when compared to the ones in Inuyasha.

Overall, as a standalone anime, Yashahime could've been okay, but as a sequel to Inuyasha it just sucks.
Oct 31, 2021 12:47 AM

Jul 2009
Stranger_Hanyo said:
Inugirlz said:

It's just not that.

The sword attacks for example, looks more like DBZ attacks married with Naruto jutsus.

The story feels very loosely connected, it feels very episodic and unconnected sometimes.

The villains look a lot cartoon-ish when compared to the ones in Inuyasha.

Overall, as a standalone anime, Yashahime could've been okay, but as a sequel to Inuyasha it just sucks.

Ah, I see what you mean. I agree. I’m a die hard Inuyasha fan but Yashahime definitely doesn’t live up to its predecessor.

I can’t get over the shitty villains as well. Those random ogre demons were cringe.
Oct 31, 2021 7:12 PM

Jul 2012
My god, this show is getting worse by the minute.

I'm still rooting for Kirinmaru.
Nov 3, 2021 9:23 AM

Jul 2016
Elior21 said:
aoishiteru said:
at least he is good dad cutting rin butterfly in order for setsuna to sleep even if it puts rin on time limit again

didnt ask and i dont care
Nov 13, 2021 10:27 PM

Jul 2008
So Sesshomaru....you aren't winning husband of the year either. Why release the curse? To give your kid a time limit?
Dec 4, 2021 9:58 AM
Original Denjin
Nov 2008
Hayuume said:
So Rion now is basically Kikyou 2.0.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing too. Since she went through very similar things in order to obtain [i]her[\i] body as well.

And I was really touched when Towa was expressing love and compassion for Rion there, for the 600 years of captivity that she was in. Yeah, i’m sure that none of us could even imagine what that could be like. And even though that I agree with Setsuna that Towa (in general at least) is too soft, in this situation, the softness is actually warranted. Though I did also like it when even here, Setsuna, pulled Towa back there a bit, I reminded her that it could very well be a trap or something.

And I also really loved it when, upon finding out that everything Riku sees and hears, Kirinmaru can also see and hear, Towa grabs his face as if she were about to kiss him, then proceeds to yell at him, so Kirinmaru can hear it loud and clear what she saying and the fact that they’re coming for him! Nice little bit of humor there.

Anyways, five down, and five to go for me.
Mar 27, 2022 2:50 AM

Oct 2017
Nice Setsuna can finally sleep again, Towa's reaction was hilarious.
Apr 9, 2022 11:50 PM

May 2020
Soooo Towa gets her power-up plus learns how to play a flute ? Along with Setsuna and her violin, I wonder if Moroha's going to get a weapon upgrade plus an instrument too.

I'm calling it now, this show is building upto to the girls forming a band called the Half-Demon Princesses and saving the world with the power of music and family.
May 23, 2022 6:32 PM

Nov 2010
Nice, Rion is here to stay.

I was hoping Towa would kiss Riku. I wonder how Kirinmaru would've reacted to that.
Aug 4, 2022 9:37 AM

Jul 2012
I kinda like those 3 chara..
They r unique n not bad..
IK the power they had is OP and OP so fast w/o progress, but the story keep my interest..
And I liked the ED song too, kinda cool and fit for those 3 👍

Sep 3, 2022 12:30 PM

Apr 2012
So mahou shoujo have katanas now.
Feb 13, 2023 11:32 PM

Jan 2018
Rion is already dead?! I bet it was Kirinmaru's fault. That's why he felt guilty and kept her daughter's spirit instead of letting her go. Anyone would be sick of sticking with their parent for 600 years...

Kirinmaru wants to make a "Degenerate Age"? Seeing the state of the world now, I think he won.

I thought Rion would become a permanent member of the Yashahime group but guess not. Too bad, she could've spiced up the main cast.
She's a lot like Kikyo, her physical body is already dead but her soul is still hanging on an artificial body out of resentment toward someone who wronged her in the past.

Towa got a new weapon I guess. What she really needs is a new personality. She's still bland but I guess there's a small improvement from Season 1.

Daddy Sesshomaru got rid of Setsuna's insomnia by killing the dream butterfly. But as a result, Rin is in massive danger. If I were him, I wouldn't trust my 14 yo daughters so much.

The next episode looks fun.
Apr 3, 2023 2:23 AM

Apr 2013
Sesshomaru: "I'll do everything to save Rin. But I'll be as vague as possible with my daughters, who should do all the work, so the risk of Rin dying is as high as possible."

Genius!
Jun 18, 2023 7:11 PM
Sep 2017
Did she really need to play that flute?
Mar 21, 2:11 AM

Jun 2020
Sesshomaru really just cut the dream butterfly and put Rin's life on the line.

Aside from restoring Setsuna's ability to sleep and dream, I guess it's to get his daughters and nephew to get more of a sense of urgency and further motivation to save Rin.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 23 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 19, 2022

32 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 10, 8:32 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 22 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 12, 2022

19 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 10, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 5, 2022

24 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 6, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 20 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 26, 2022

20 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 6, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 19 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 12, 2022

21 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 6, 8:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.