Forum Settings
Forums

Some Lesser known Edgy anime you watched .......

New
Oct 14, 2021 6:22 AM

Mar 2020
we all know when it comes edgy anime people often mention most popular first
- Mirai Nikki
- Akame Ga Kill
- Elfen Lied etc etc
but what about lesser knowns ones? are there lesser known edgy anime you watched if so drop the name here.
Oct 14, 2021 6:23 AM
Dec 2017
twlight of the dark master now thats a good one.

Oct 14, 2021 6:28 AM

Feb 2020
Magical Girl Site.

so! much! edge!

and i think it's far lesser known as others.
Oct 14, 2021 6:29 AM

Mar 2020
Higurashi maybe?? I know Higurashi is kinda popular but it's rarely spoken these days.
Oct 14, 2021 6:34 AM

Mar 2020
Trynalbe said:
Higurashi maybe?? I know Higurashi is kinda popular but it's rarely spoken these days.

Higurashi is both popular and unpopular, its popular in VN fandom but within anime fandom not so much you can thank anime adaptions for that which i heard is very bad
Also can this be even considered Edgy? i heard its good actually
Oct 14, 2021 6:34 AM

Nov 2016
Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka and Classroom of the Elite

Killing Bites was edgy in a good way.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 14, 2021 6:38 AM

Jun 2016
Is victory gundam edgy or just dark? When does one even draw the line?
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Oct 14, 2021 6:39 AM

Mar 2020
AnimeFA78N said:
Trynalbe said:

Higurashi is both popular and unpopular, its popular in VN fandom but within anime fandom not so much you can thank anime adaptions for that which i heard is very bad

Well yes it's good, Higurashi is my favorite anime after all. But yeah it's kinda edgy, I mean a girl walking down the road with a cleaver in hand while scratching her neck and laughing uncontrollably sounds edgy to me.
Oct 14, 2021 6:40 AM

Mar 2020
FMmatron said:
Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka

Yeah edgy can be also good if done most people think edgy means = insta bad which far from true imo
also thanks for the shows added to the list seems interesting

Trynalbe said:
, I mean a girl walking down the road with a cleaver in hand while scratching her neck and laughing uncontrollably sounds edgy to me.

I see fair seems like Higurashi is one of those good edgy shows with actual plot
Oct 14, 2021 6:40 AM

Jul 2019
Corpse Party? I see it mentioned from time to time but it's still not that often. I'm also thinking about Gantz but I'm not sure if it really fit the definition.
Life is a despicable endurance race
Oct 14, 2021 6:41 AM

Jan 2021
Well, from what I watched, I found these anime a bit on the darker side:
Terror in Resonance (Sorry, it's a bit popular for what you're looking for)
Boogiepop Phantom
Dorohedoro (Another more popular one, but very edgy nonetheless!)
Shadows House (Actually, its both dark and cute, if that counts)
Gleipnir
Serial Experiments Lain
Kiznaiver (It has its dark moments that are really good)
Mardock Scramble (A 3-part movie series)
Paranoia Agent
Satoshi Kon's movies such as Paprika and Perfect Blue are also pretty edgy
Shiki
Alien 9 (Another dark + cute one)
Tenshi no Tamago (Another movie, very dark!)
Wonder Egg Priority
Zombie-Loan (Honestly it was only edgy for a couple episodes, but it did it really well in my opinion)
Hopefully this helps! :D
Forum Icon is from Kekkai Sensen
Oct 14, 2021 6:42 AM

Nov 2011
AnimeFA78N said:
Trynalbe said:

Where you heard that from ? You are probably mistaking it for Umineko. Umoneko anime indeed had bad reception. In the opposite, (two) original season of Higurashi is easily a classic even in anime community.
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Oct 14, 2021 6:45 AM

Mar 2020
Jim_Heart said:
AnimeFA78N said:

Where you heard that from ? You are probably mistaking it for Umineko. Umoneko anime indeed had bad reception. In the opposite, (two) original season of Higurashi is easily a classic even in anime community.

I see my bad then tho i heard that 2020/2021 adaptions of higurashi were bad? can you confrim it for me?
Oct 14, 2021 6:46 AM

Feb 2020
Jim_Heart said:
AnimeFA78N said:

many fans didn't like the newer gou and sotsu seasons.

the older seasons on the other hand, like the first and kai are very loved.
Oct 14, 2021 6:46 AM

Nov 2017
not an anime but a manga:
Dokuhime

Anime I guess:
- Devils line
- Ergo Proxy
"he has it big as a cactus
but he won't let go of my head
and I puke on his cock bitch" - Boy by Fishball 
Oct 14, 2021 6:50 AM

Dec 2015
If you want a Edg Lord as main character Arifureta.
But would still say it's a rather popular one.

When it comes to lesser, Speed Grapher, Denpa-teki na Kanojo, Ousama Game, Gokukoku no Brynhildr Cross Ange, Dies Irae, Memories, Devilman Lady, Gantz s1-s2, Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru, AD Police, Astarotte no Omocha!, Kekkai Sensen OVA's only, Killing Bites, Dororo.

Oct 14, 2021 6:53 AM

Nov 2016
AnimeFA78N said:
FMmatron said:
Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka

Yeah edgy can be also good if done most people think edgy means = insta bad which far from true imo
also thanks for the shows added to the list seems interesting

You're welcome.

Edgy is just another adjective like let's say slow, which doesn't necessarily have to be a negative thing.

I usually deem edgy as bad in the context of an overdramatic shock factor scene that lacks selfawareness. Killing Bites on the other hand is for most parts silliness that knows what it is. Hope you like it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 14, 2021 6:54 AM

Mar 2020
Nillwas said:

Artifuea mc was goat for me dude is what i wanted naofumi to be (i love both tho) its propably the most popular revenge isekai along with shield hero wish s2 adapt stuff properly

Also i notice you mention dies irae cool shinza bansho as a whole is underrated cause most of their stuff is from VN :) it has some of the goat character design i saw specially in avesta black and white
Oct 14, 2021 7:18 AM

May 2020
Another's a one I can think of, but maybe labeling it as lesser known wouldn't be wise.
Oct 14, 2021 8:41 AM
Jul 2016
Kagerou Daze is a series I thought was pretty good. I loved the characters and how each on represents a different colour. I also loved Punch Line but idk how edgy that one is...
Oct 14, 2021 9:05 AM

Jul 2019
AnimeFA78N said:
Trynalbe said:

Not popular within the anime fandom? What? It's at rank 180 in terms of popularity here on MAL for instance. That ranks it higher than immensely popular stuff like March Comes in Like a Lion, Yuu Yuu Hakusho, Boruto and Dragon Ball Super. If that's not popular, I don't know what is.

AnimeFA78N said:
I see my bad then tho i heard that 2020/2021 adaptions of higurashi were bad? can you confrim it for me?

Yes. Higurashi Gou/Sotsu are just unnecessary cashgrabs that fails to capture what made Higurashi good to begin with. Also I'm not even gonna mention the ending of that one, cause yikes.
Subarashii
Oct 14, 2021 9:13 AM

Mar 2020
Avicebrons said:

Yes. Higurashi Gou/Sotsu are just unnecessary cashgrabs that fails to capture what made Higurashi good to begin with. Also I'm not even gonna mention the ending of that one, cause yikes.

Well that sucks thought i would later watch them guess better not thanks for confirming tho
Oct 14, 2021 9:16 AM
Jun 2019
Ping pong the animation and Welcome to the N.H.K
Oct 14, 2021 9:21 AM

Jan 2021
seiral experaments lain i dont know if it should be here but i thought it was edge as heck
Oct 14, 2021 9:28 AM

Feb 2016
Grisaia, Grisaia, Grisaia.

AnimeFA78N said:

Akame ga Kill and Elfen Lied are good too. What is your point?
その目だれの目?
Oct 14, 2021 9:29 AM

Dec 2015
AnimeFA78N said:
Nillwas said:

Artifuea mc was goat for me dude is what i wanted naofumi to be (i love both tho) its propably the most popular revenge isekai along with shield hero wish s2 adapt stuff properly

Also i notice you mention dies irae cool shinza bansho as a whole is underrated cause most of their stuff is from VN :) it has some of the goat character design i saw specially in avesta black and white

Yeah dies irae character design is EPIC, especielly the CG's from the Visual Novel, good damn they look awesome.
Sadly haven't read the vn's ( but I have checked the CG's )

And I love Hajime, he is the kind of main character I truly love and enjoy watching.

Oct 14, 2021 9:30 AM
Jul 2018
TBH
Hellsing, Fist of the North Star and even JoJo (1-6 only) are the most edgiest Anime of all time (And Overrated according to my personal standards)
Oct 14, 2021 9:31 AM
Jul 2018
Rising of the shield hero and every new Isekai that are trying to compete with Re:ZERO and Mushoku Tensei as well as Konosuba including Overlord are all epitome of EDGY

Slime was the worst shit
Oct 14, 2021 9:38 AM

Mar 2020
Lucifrost said:

Akame ga Kill and Elfen Lied are good too. What is your point?

Wait they are? how come half of the people bash those shows here then? well i suppose people have mixed feelings on them I personally liked Elfen lied iirc
Oct 14, 2021 9:42 AM
Jul 2018
Sci-fi Harry.
Both edgy and hardly promoted, despite taking place in the USA.
Top tier intro though
Oct 14, 2021 10:06 AM

Mar 2020
Aerosmith224 said:
Rising of the shield hero and every new Isekai that are trying to compete with Re:ZERO and Mushoku Tensei as well as Konosuba including Overlord are all epitome of EDGY

Inculding Kumo Desu? (so i am a spider so what one btw)
Oct 14, 2021 10:20 AM
Jun 2017
Shadow Star Narutaru is very edgy. Also Bokura no. Maybe Kanashimi no Belladona? idk.
Oct 14, 2021 9:52 PM

Jan 2020
Mahou shoujo site probably counts. It's a little ahead of the top 1000 in terms of popularity

Oct 14, 2021 11:57 PM

Aug 2020
Shigurui, hella edgy samurai anime but I dropped it after the first ep

「 𝕂𝕖𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤, 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 」

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you have ridiculously long ptw list? ( 1 2 3 )

Cammell - May 8

100 by deg »»
4 minutes ago

» favorite anime under 50 episodes?

RedTea33 - 9 hours ago

25 by Rinrinka »»
5 minutes ago

» It's good that sometimes you don't need to gatekeep a series when it does by itself

Damnits - 2 hours ago

11 by Zarutaku »»
6 minutes ago

» Best maid character?

Serafos - 20 minutes ago

3 by Archean-Return »»
8 minutes ago

» Disney Japan Executive Promises to Censor Anime ( 1 2 )

rohan121 - May 7

83 by tappioca »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.