Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 5, 2021 6:53 PM

Jun 2019
Could be good.

The comedy was ok. I chuckled once or twice, but the characters were still amusing a good amount of the time. The fight direction was a little unclear at times, but the animation was good enough to get me to look past that.

I hope that it doesn’t get lost in its own sauce. The naming is already very on-the-nose. Factoring in the mostly silly tone and it has some early signs of an anime that can get away from its creators and lose track of what it set out to be. I have good faith in Madhouse and MAPPA, but that is a danger with original anime.
Oct 5, 2021 7:24 PM

Jul 2021
Nice start overall. Gorgeous visual and top tier animation. The comedy doesn't seem too uncomfortable. The action scenes are as good as some movies out there
Oct 5, 2021 7:56 PM
Apr 2020
All I have to say is WHAT THE HECK! PERFECTION! BEAUTIFUL!!!

As a pianist myself, seeing this just made me so happy and excited. Ahhh when he started played Moonlight Sonata, I knew it was gonna be epic. I really loved this! I loved everything about this first episode. I am hoping the plot remains good!!!
Oct 5, 2021 7:58 PM
Apr 2020
Agmenos said:
Just came here because of Moonlight Sonata

I absolutely loved that part. It’s one of my favorite pieces ever.
Oct 5, 2021 8:02 PM
Nov 2019
Kinda disappointed. They could've improved how they used the Music itself in the fight scenes. Music should be the highlight of this anime and the way they handled it... Takt played for a minute or so then ABANDONS the music -- cue generic score of the anime?! Why didn't they use Moonlight Sonata instead or that first piece Takt played?! The absence of music and Takt yearning to hear and play music. WE as audience should be like Takt, hearing music only when Takt plays and they can blend the score with the music, maybe enhance it!? If it continues like this, it's gonna be another generic anime of the season. This anime has so much potential. I'm sad.
AsashiiKimi36Oct 5, 2021 10:50 PM
Oct 5, 2021 8:13 PM

Jun 2019
Well, I think it looks good. It has Hondo Kaede so I'll watch it. Can't say I'm a fan of the story for now. This show will at least be something I can play in background while doing something and just wait for the sakuga scenes.

And we don't have the annoying LN and manga readers who sounds like vegans with the need to announce everyone that they read LN/Manga, that's a plus.
bassyeyOct 5, 2021 8:17 PM
Oct 5, 2021 8:28 PM

Oct 2018
The animation was just fine but the story was......... Fine?, I guess.
I almost slept within the episode and it pretty seems like an average Vivy + WEP combined. I hope a better storyline after this but for now, 2/5

I can sense an overhyped anime for this.
Natsuki_SanJuanOct 5, 2021 8:32 PM

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Oct 5, 2021 8:40 PM

Jul 2014
Little kid humor. Der, look, I'm so stupid I just blew the wall out on a building and don't understand why that was a bad thing!

Guy falls off building craters the ground. He's fine.

Fight scenes are just random crap strung together, no flow, nothing makes sense, they're just put where they want and do stupid stuff that looks cool.

Gotta throw in all that stupid millennial food human garbage.

Trash. Utter trash.
SokahOct 5, 2021 8:44 PM
Oct 5, 2021 8:53 PM
Oct 2018
Sokah said:
Little kid humor. Der, look, I'm so stupid I just blew the wall out on a building and don't understand why that was a bad thing!

Fight scenes are just random crap strung together, no flow, nothing makes sense, they're just put where they want and do stupid stuff that looks cool.

Trash. Utter trash.

There's so much bitterness in this comment, lol. Who hurt you?

Seriously though, it's obvious that the MC is superhuman, too. Otherwise he would easily die in the aftermath of any fight. So of course he'll make a crater and still be fine.

And one of your favorites is No Game No Life with an actual bunch of plot holes where you need to turn off your brain and enjoy nice visuals and coolness? How is this different from your complaints about this first episode?
Oct 5, 2021 9:17 PM
Dec 2020
Sokah said:

Trash. Utter trash.

Mann, this kid is so salty, who hurt you ? Or you just seeking attention ?
RaphaelTobingOct 5, 2021 9:20 PM
Oct 5, 2021 9:27 PM
May 2020
I was impressed with the character designs, they are really beautiful. And the animation... ultra quality for a "music" anime.
Oct 5, 2021 9:35 PM
Apr 2020
Wow! Really fascinating original anime!
The plot is interesting. Soundtrack is good as well. And that impeccable animation, transformation transition and weapon conversion are so awesome!

First episode is a kaboom!

Oct 5, 2021 9:46 PM

Aug 2018
The first episode was very good and the animation is very cool.
And the final song (which I guess will be the opening song) is very good.
Oct 5, 2021 9:50 PM

Aug 2018
Very good first episode, this has potential.
Oct 5, 2021 10:11 PM

Jul 2019
A very interesting concept! It's one of this shows with unconventional concepts that could be great if done right.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Oct 5, 2021 10:29 PM

Oct 2020
Dunno why, I somehow got Fallout New Vegas vibes out of it lmao. That drive on the desert got the vibe check.

This 1st episode was ok. Got confused on something about the story, but we're only on the beginning, so it's tolerable. The characters are a bit meh, but imma have to see if they gonna improve as episode goes on.

The visuals and the music here is goddamn great. The fight scenes were awesome, character designs are pretty neat, the music is just nice.

This show got the potential to be an overall good show. I'm curious to see how this would end up later.

"ꜱᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ ᴏꜰ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴜɴɪᴛᴇᴅ, ɪᴛ'ꜱ ʙᴀʀʀᴇᴅ ʙʏ ɴᴏ ᴅᴏᴏʀ..." -Aigis
Oct 5, 2021 10:35 PM

Nov 2014
The animation is certainly nice to look at, and there seems to be a lot of energy and personality so far. Things tend to drag a bit outside the fight scenes, but the characters are solid enough so far to keep things from getting boring. I don't love them, but I could see myself getting attached to them if they get fleshed out more. They're a little one note at this point, however. Cosette falls into one of my favorite anime tropes, "cute girl eating large amounts of food", so I liked her despite that being her only personality trait.
Oct 5, 2021 10:46 PM
Oct 2020
this ep looks generic, but ok
Oct 5, 2021 11:22 PM

May 2019
Before watching, I was a little worried since I was getting PTSD from the synopsis because it reminded me of Listeners.

But holy shit Mappa x Madhouse really does live up to the hype.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Oct 5, 2021 11:29 PM
Feb 2021
It was an OK start.
Character designs, OST and animations are great.
The story seems interesting, but I'm not talking about it yet. I hope it will be good.
Oct 5, 2021 11:57 PM
Sep 2019
Great animation but it will take some time for the story to develop
Oct 6, 2021 12:08 AM

Oct 2008
unholy moly! look at that sakuga animation and brilliant OST...but quite unsure of the story concept and world building...let's see what MAPPA collab Madhouse has to offer...
5/5.

Oct 6, 2021 12:32 AM

May 2012
How the hell this got over 8 score ??? because of animation ??

Other than animation, there is noting special about it
Oct 6, 2021 12:48 AM

Sep 2008
when the fate ripoff is better than the original. I'm very entertained so far.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Oct 6, 2021 1:11 AM

Feb 2014
The OST on this episode is solid and the fight scene and animation is really nice. Hope Mappa x madhouse could pull this out.

First episode is not bad. Hopefully will not end up like Listeners.
Oct 6, 2021 1:23 AM

Jan 2021
Art & animation is quite good, no wonder from two big studios that have worked on many quality works.

Let's see if the story will be as good as the art & animation.

Lastly, sound & music are well designed too
Oct 6, 2021 1:26 AM

Oct 2016
Great start! It feels like it's gonna have Vivy levels of quality overall. Don't have anything to say about the story yet, cause there's really not much story here yet in the first episode, just introductions so far. There's that one vision of Takt though about a girl that looks like Cosette, that's interesting. Characters are pretty good so far, I like the chemistry. Hope I grow to love them as we go on.

I really love the setting, it reminds me of Final Fantasy XV, I dig modern fantasy worlds. And of course as expected of a MAPPA x Madhouse collaboration, animation is some good shit. Kinda wish they played moonlight sonata throughout the fight, cause I was vibing and then it suddenly stopped lmao. Really looking forward to see how this show develops.
Oct 6, 2021 1:54 AM

Jun 2020
That was a great start to the show. Music is going to be a really crucial part of the show and can turn this into absolute gold.
Oct 6, 2021 2:05 AM
Dec 2019
The animation is absolutely beautiful and the characters seem good too. It also has a unique plot, so that's what makes this anime amazing right now.
Oct 6, 2021 2:14 AM
Jan 2021
This anime looks like it's going to be awesome!
The characters are so beautiful and the music is wonderful!!
The final fight scene was awesome too. Looking forward to the next one!!
Oct 6, 2021 2:32 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Don't know wtf is going on but it's all beautiful asf and I love it

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 6, 2021 3:09 AM
Jun 2019
I've always dreamed of an anime that mixes music performances and battle. I'm really happy that Madhouse and Mappa is doing this anime. It looks so good
Hi
Oct 6, 2021 3:27 AM

Feb 2019
Genuinely, utterly pathetic.

Characters? Annoying. Direction? Worthless. Story? Half-assed. And music, the one thing they were supposed to have put every ounce of effort into, was integrated in perhaps the poorest way I've ever seen.

If you can't play music, why leave a piano or a jukebox out where anyone can use them, and summon the D2? Why are D2 attracted to music, if they can be defeated using it? I think this is the first instance I've seen where both the humans and the monsters they fight are instigators of an idiot plot.

All the exposition we got was "rocks," all the characterisation we got was "music, eat and sister." And what was with ripping off PASWG's artstyle for one segment? Leaning on references to better works to prop yourself up, that's some Ernest Cline-level bullshit.

Worst anime of autumn 2021, without question.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Oct 6, 2021 3:27 AM
Jun 2021
Love his finger habit. This production is so good. And mafumafu made my day🥰
Oct 6, 2021 3:38 AM
Jan 2019
Good fight scenes, but the worldbuilding is a mess. I'll give it the "three-episode rule" (if there's actually such a thing) before deciding to drop.

It also reminded me of Listeners, but I think that Listeners had a better beginning.
Oct 6, 2021 3:44 AM
Jul 2013
Looks cool for sure but it didn't tell me anything :/ Felt very generic even with the original music premise but hopefully I will be proved wrong
Oct 6, 2021 4:21 AM

Jan 2011
Terrible plot. Terrible characters. ZOMG fight scenes!!!!!
Garbage.
1/10.
Oct 6, 2021 4:33 AM

Jul 2016
IconicUwU said:
Nice start overall. Gorgeous visual and top tier animation. The comedy doesn't seem too uncomfortable. The action scenes are as good as some movies out there

Really surprised me how much I enjoyed this.
Oct 6, 2021 4:56 AM

Feb 2020
Wow that was terrible haha
Oct 6, 2021 5:26 AM
Jul 2020
Verty_ said:
Garbage.
1/10.

its just 1st episode. and u dont have taste lmao
Oct 6, 2021 5:31 AM
Dec 2020
Verty_ said:
Garbage.
1/10.

Another salty kid, ahahaha
Oct 6, 2021 5:34 AM

Jun 2015
Interesting premise made by strong collab. Is this the show that will be the biggest surprise of the season?

Also......... RYO IS STILL ALIVE...!!!!!
Oct 6, 2021 5:53 AM
Jul 2018
this is another of those anime from where you can extract Live Wallpapers XD
Oct 6, 2021 6:02 AM

Jul 2021
This has to be the best cgi I've seen in an anime, the cinematics are actually gorgeous and so well made. The music is aswell is just amazing and I love that classical music is used instead of the typical backing music we get in anime. Can't wait for the next episode.
Oct 6, 2021 6:18 AM
Feb 2021
Easily the best first episode of this season so far
Oct 6, 2021 6:20 AM

Apr 2012
Why does it seem to me that I've already seen a show about a duo of a guy and a dubious android girl who fight against monsters from another world using musical magic? And also in the American setting?
Oct 6, 2021 6:29 AM

Dec 2016
The first Music was amazing!!
Oct 6, 2021 7:08 AM

Jun 2020
Right from the start this looks so elegant and very exciting

The character designs look decent and Destiny's dress is fancy and the music as well is so good

I hope to see more exciting and musical fights in more episodes to come it's entertaining so far and the animation is good.
Oct 6, 2021 8:08 AM
Jul 2020
Great first ep with beautiful visuals defenetly will watch this anime to the end.
Oct 6, 2021 8:12 AM
Aug 2021
Wow, gotta be another masterpiece by mappa!
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I guess this is it huh ?

Neo_Randomz - Apr 9

24 by Merve2Love »»
Apr 21, 2:47 PM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2021

282 by TeaBagCha »»
Apr 8, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2021

115 by IamRaeon »»
Mar 3, 2:51 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2021

127 by Muow »»
Feb 19, 6:45 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2021

116 by Muow »»
Feb 19, 4:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.