Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2021 3:41 AM

Apr 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This is Yuigaoka Civil War, with the normal course discrimination from the previous episode the tension from normal course students is rising.

As expected, the reason why Ren hates school idols and banned school idols is from her mom. Her mom tried to save the school from begin school idols and failed, which lead to the school closure, then her mom was trying to open the school later, which she succeeded to do it. But one thing that Ren doesn't know about her mom while being the school idol and also misunderstood until now is, actually, her mom was enjoyed and loved the time she was a school idol.

Well, being a school idol to save their schools is not easy, Ren's mom failed and Aqours failed to save the school as well. Yes! Aqours won the competition and be popular. However, their school is still closed in the end.

After Ren know about her mom's backstories as a school idol, everything was cleared up. Normal class students can fully join the school festival. ANNNNNDDDD, Finally!!!!! Ren's joined the group. Liella is now completed with all 5 members.

Overall, a good episode. I really love the BGM of this episode, and we also got a new song with Ren as a center s well.
何それ?意味分かんない
Sep 19, 2021 4:52 AM
Nov 2020
A great episode indeed even though I still watch the raw episode. Would still wait for fansubs (Onibe) to do their job and accurate fansubbing Love Live!

Wish Song is also a good insert song. Lantis just chill. You gave us another great song and Keke's solo song drop out!
Sep 19, 2021 5:18 AM

Feb 2020
Ren's mother couldn't save her school in the past when she was a school idol. Well, at least we know understand why Ren doesn't like school idols.

It was a surprise to learn that her mother actually liked her time as a school idol.

I'm glad Ren decided to join Liella! after all. They looked great together on stage.

Wish Song sounds pretty good.

SerafosDec 26, 2023 9:34 AM
Sep 19, 2021 7:34 AM

Jan 2019
that scene where kanon shows the diary to ren got me. ren mom school idol... :( Wish Song is wonderful, the lyrics and the chereo really powerful. im happy to see ren getting all the support, she doesn't deserve to be alone.

now we finally got the full formation!
Sep 19, 2021 10:20 AM
Aug 2018
This episode definitely make up for the last episode. The wind that pushed ren to joining School idol made me cry.
Sep 19, 2021 6:18 PM

Jul 2011
I would be lying if I say that I didn't find cheesy the assembly part. I liked but was extra cheesy, like a cheeseburger.

Sumire may try to negate the isopod, but the isopod spirit live deep in her heart.
Sumire feel that she is for me that character even without focus on her she makes the best with the time she have.

With the group together, now is plan how to win Love Live.
Sep 19, 2021 6:22 PM
Jun 2021
I’m so glad they’re now all together. It’s nice that Ren now is going to have some good friends, knowing that before she used to rely on Chibi and the school. The wind pushing Ren, the diary, the key, box, paying tribute to her mom, and the star pose was beautiful! don’t even get me started with that amazing bgm! I’m looking forward to seeing them as a group now
Sep 19, 2021 7:23 PM

Jan 2011
nice episode turns out she was the one that wanted to join the most to think she was playing so hard to get for the sake of the school and her mothers dream based on the assumption that her life as a school idol ended in regret because she couldn't find any photos of her time there

while slightly corny it was nice to see Ren come over to the idol side ! Wish for All? was great outfits were channeling some space channel 5 vibes for me
Sep 19, 2021 9:20 PM

May 2018
So, thats how to recruit her. pretty tough one.

in the future, she will work at Musashino Animation. lol
Sep 19, 2021 11:48 PM

Jul 2016
Well, it wouldn't be LL without its fair share of forced melodrama and cheesy resolutions. The supernatural wind may have been a bit too much tho.

OK episode, I guess. So, Ren's "hatred" towards School Idols was just because of a baseless assumption she had? Pretty stupid, not gonna lie. Not to mention she nearly made all the students leave the school anyways given how utterly stubborn she was acting till Kanon found the diary.

Anyways, at least the group is now finally complete.
Sep 20, 2021 12:24 AM

Oct 2017
So it was a misunderstanding after all. Glad they found about the truth and with that the prez has finally joined the group. We got the first song with all five of them which was okay. Also lol the principal sure changed fast or reverted back to be precise.
Sep 20, 2021 12:48 AM

Jul 2012
This has been an emotional episode for me, and it's possibly one of the emotional ones I've seen in Love Live! I couldn't help, but to feel very bad for Ren who couldn't deal with her mother becoming a school idol and failed to save the school. I find it impressive on how Kanon managed to search for a mystery box and showed Ren the idol book that was hidden over the years. Given that Liella! only has 5 members instead of the usual 9, it's not surprising that it only took a few episodes before they've fully formed as a group. Regardless, it wouldn't be Love Live! without a touching story of an idol's family, and this takes the cake.

Wish Song is a very nice, breathtaking song that's been giving me the chills!
"You don't have to believe in yourself, because I believe in you." - Drax the Destroyer
https://dawnhibiki.carrd.co/

Mirishita ID: L3N93SKX
Discord: DawnHibiki #6454
Sep 20, 2021 2:05 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Great Ren is officially joining them after what did Kanon with Rin mother's memories about trying to save the school by becoming an idol (this is an obsession in this franchise), they did their first song together, pretty good.
Sep 20, 2021 4:32 AM
Oct 2017

Ren finally joined!!!
Sep 20, 2021 5:45 AM

Jul 2014
Oh look, I was absolutely right: Ren hates school idols because her mother was one and failed to save her school from closing at the time. I do think it's quite a leap for her to think that her mother regretted it because there were no pictures and to then grow to hate school idols because of it, but whatever. It's still far less idiotic than Eli's reason for hating school idols and she's far less annoyingly stubborn about it than either Eli or Dia, so I can just about live with it.

In the end, regardless of my feelings on that leap in logic, I did feel sorry for the situation Ren found herself in: the school festival situation got way out of hand and she couldn't properly explain it in a way that wouldn't cause serious concern about the state of the school. In particular, I felt sorry for her when she was committed to actually explaining things in the assembly but the disgruntled students wouldn't let her.

The way they got her to join the club by finding the book (why did Ren never think to look in the School Idol Club Room for her mother's school idol memories?) and presenting it at the assembly was typical Love Live cheese in the best way possible. Really, the important thing here is that Ren has now completed the group and now it's time for her to get a chance to shine in her own right. She's already decently likeable, but let's see where she goes now that she's not trapped in the "anti school idol" role.

Another fantastic musical number to end the episode with as well.
AtavisticSep 20, 2021 5:51 AM
Sep 20, 2021 6:24 AM

Apr 2014
Atavistic said:

(why did Ren never think to look in the School Idol Club Room for her mother's school idol memories?)

I think the reason is the room was locked. Ren doesn't know or think about the key until Kanon and Keke established the club. Ren just found out that the keys were left at her house and gave them to Kanon. And, another reason is that the treasure box was kept inside the storage room that no one could even think about it.
何それ?意味分かんない
Sep 20, 2021 7:55 AM

Jun 2021
this show is doing a pretty good job of not distancing too much from the well known formula and also adding some more different details here and there to make it still interesting. The path of Ren joining is honestly emotional. Five more episodes now with the full group waiting to discover how their name will be chosen and for trying to use wisely the time to develop even more the main characters, considering there's only five of them instead of nine
Sep 20, 2021 8:54 AM

Dec 2020
So my head canon is that Ren's mother was part of the generation Aqours at, so that's why they didn't win lol

I wasted all my time in rewatching to the point of my rewatch total is higher than my overall anime total lmao
Sep 20, 2021 9:19 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I’m glad I highly anticipated Ren’s entry into the idol group, she’s definitely one of my favorites already (just slightly behind Sumire) and I loved the song at the end of the episode, I think I liked the last one more but this one was definitely a great one. As for why Ren didn’t want to allow school idols, I wasn’t really close to guessing why, but I did like the explanation and how they solved it, of course the school idols memories would be in the school idol room lol
Sep 20, 2021 10:18 PM
Nov 2018
ren is part of the group yay! as much as they tried to differentiate the "idols saving the school" plotline from previous love live shows, it's still meh to me that they went this route. despite this, it was so satisfying when kanon was showing ren the idol club notebook! i like to think that wind push was ren's mom being there in spirit to push ren to joining liella. new song is cool, not my fave. also ren ren reminds me of a certain silent protagonist with a cat in a coffee shop...

Sep 20, 2021 11:16 PM

Mar 2013
Finally, Ren-ren is in the School Idol Group. I'm happy that we finally saw the background story of Ren's Mom's missing background story when she was a School Idol. I didn't figure it out where to find what they're looking for earlier but after reminiscing the previous episodes, there was an extra key that Kanon still haven't used yet because of its unknown origin and to think their headmistress is actually just a friend and a fan and not a member of the old School Idol... :v >.<

At the beginning, it was looking grim that the student body doesn't know the truth behind Ren's action and Kanon and friends cannot really tell the student body the truth. It goes to show how solid their character and understanding of the situation so they tried to personally ask some of the student body but didn't really lead to any conclusion since Keke is flaming the students and Sumire is hiding lol... XD

It was a wholesome moment from beginning to end, I'm looking forward to the day that they finally saved their school. Especially the moment when Kanon recited the diary of the old School Idol club.

Chisato asked why there's no "sup" anymore... XD

Their outfit that they used on their performance looks stunning and lovely, it is pure white and gorgeous.

The message behind their song was also lovely and I can finally hear Ren's voice. <3

Now the cliffhanger, I wonder what Keke and friends saw on their smartphone... hmm... I can't wait!
CrazyButNot4USep 20, 2021 11:28 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Sep 21, 2021 3:47 AM

Jan 2019
What a wonderful episode.

I don't know what I'm feeling right now, but I know only Love Live does this to me. That joy in my heart after listening to the new song and watching such a beautiful performance is the kind of thing that makes this otaku life worth living. I am amazed. I am astonished. I still don't know if I believe what I just saw, because it seems that this Love Live is too good to be real. I must be dreaming.
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I'll tell them they're wrong every single time."
Sep 21, 2021 11:28 AM

May 2018
Great episode. I like the motto of connecting from Ren's mom. I also like how this episode is serious but not overly dramatic or out of place and the ending song was very nice. Great overall
Sep 21, 2021 11:29 AM

May 2018
Ryoketsu said:
What a wonderful episode.

I don't know what I'm feeling right now, but I know only Love Live does this to me. That joy in my heart after listening to the new song and watching such a beautiful performance is the kind of thing that makes this otaku life worth living. I am amazed. I am astonished. I still don't know if I believe what I just saw, because it seems that this Love Live is too good to be real. I must be dreaming.

those must be some good wet dreams you have
Sep 21, 2021 12:04 PM

Feb 2019
Best episode yet by far! Ren is giving Sumire a run for her money as best girl. Absolutely loved the final performance as well. Think it’s safe to say they’ve overtaken the Nijigaku girls for me
Sep 21, 2021 1:52 PM

Jun 2021
I cried with this episode lol, i love Kanon so much how she cares about everyone
Sep 21, 2021 2:24 PM
Jul 2018
One of the founders of the school was Ren's mother. Interesting that, her mother was an idol even more so it was even cool with these events with fitting this end of episode well.
Sep 21, 2021 4:43 PM

Jun 2021
Not a bad episode

Story felt a little rushed and cliche, but the group showing Ren's mother's diary was touching. Hopefully the saving the school storyline doesn't drag for too long.
Sep 22, 2021 5:57 AM

Oct 2007
good episode. Ren finally join. The member that's hardest to get.. because it requires finding the diary of her mom to convince her.
Sep 23, 2021 8:34 PM
Aug 2019
Was her mom a member of Aqours? Because that story sure felt familiar lol.
The part at the auditory, specifically when Ren started to cry, made me tear up a little, it was a beautiful episode! Not really a fan of the song of this episode, but it was still good! The lyrics were so sweet...
Sep 27, 2021 9:08 AM

Nov 2016
This turned out about expected, which isn't a bad thing. The group is complete now and it was a satisfying episode.

Also liked the advertising part with Sumire in her costume.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 2, 2021 8:50 AM

Nov 2017
I know the characters (and any viewers) who were making snap judgements about Ren are feeling like shat now!~ Of course, me being a fan of Love Live for so long, I knew there had to have been something more to her and her motivations than met the eye. Though, I didn't think it'd be that sad. 😢

I feel for Ren, I really do. Losing the most important person in your life, the pain never really goes away. You'll never completely get over the loss of a loved one because, well, you loved them. The fact that the loss is so difficult to accept is proof of that love.

Anyway, I'm glad there's an episode that centers on her character. I'm not gonna front, I teared up a little when she cried. She definitely will make the group more lively (no pun)!
Oct 16, 2021 7:17 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So, its all about misunderstanding. Bruh, her father was so goddamn bullshit. Hope he died on his overseas bullshit works.

But, anyway, looks like her mother, and her friend, that revealed to be that director, kinda like playing some mystery case. Lmao with that key, and how the director changed her tone after they were unlocking all the clues.

Nice festival. 4 more episodes to binge, but still no Keke arc. Lets see next....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 9, 2022 10:52 PM

Aug 2017
AWESOME episode with the song at the end. I like them as much as mus
Dec 8, 2023 6:56 AM

Dec 2012
I knew Ren Ren would win me over. There was something so soothing about her smile in the ED and learning her full intentions really lets it finally shine through. With the connected feelings between Ren, her mother & the two schools, this is really starting to feel more like a combination of OG Love Live & Sunshine.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Oct 17, 2021

72 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 12, 2023 10:23 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 4 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Aug 15, 2021

47 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 3, 2023 10:35 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Jul 18, 2021

54 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 2, 2023 9:52 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

AkeZZZ - Jul 11, 2021

114 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 1, 2023 9:15 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 11 Discussion

removed-user - Oct 10, 2021

40 by 28012001 »»
Sep 29, 2023 6:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.