Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... X Episode 12 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 19, 2021 7:48 AM
Jan 2020
Gotta dock points for doing yet another kidnapping event so soon. Still this is a refreshing series because we don't get many female lead MC's. Catarina remains clueless on romance and I don't see why people classify this as a harem because Catarina isn't pursuing one. If anything she appears to be asexual... an amusing frustration for her many admirers.

Next season looks promising with new characters and the antics of the slightly disfunctional dept. of magic.
Sep 24, 2021 11:22 AM

May 2014
Boring. Everyone falls in love with Catarina, and wants to be romantically involved. There are no real stakes, sense of danger, angst, or anything throughout the show. It’s just a tired harem, I wish they would have given characters their own personalities, something more than “I love Catarina”

Wouldn’t hurt to have a character or two that genuinely dislike her. Also wouldn’t hurt for the concept of loss of life to be an actual thing, “dark magic” isn’t scary at all when all it does is knock people unconscious.

4/10 for this season
I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.
Sep 24, 2021 11:53 AM

Apr 2010
It could end with sequels till the end of her life XD I think this season wasn't as good as the last one. But I hope for a third one :)

Sep 24, 2021 12:39 PM
Mar 2021
I love this anime in the whole world, can't wait for the next season this is so much better than reading manga. I don't care how long it takes to make new season, even if one or two years passed I'll wait for eternity to see next season😍😉
Sep 25, 2021 6:27 AM
Nov 2018
That Keith comment at 16:02 is super creepy to say the least. Like dude chill out she's your sister and you're really doing this shit? This is why I prefer Alan, Nicol, or Maria because they wouldn't force themselves on her like this and don't act as desperate as the others. Imma be honest, I didn't enjoy this season as much as the first. The harem got to big, Caterina even got dumber and more oblivious, and the episodes just seemed random and like filler. Caterina is also too forgiving and has zero sense of danger even when being kidnapped. She honestly has become an annoying character to me.
Sep 25, 2021 6:36 AM
Nov 2018
Iru094 said:
I was kinda looking forward to new episodes every week. A bit sad that now it's over...
Can't help but think how things will fold up.

Two things keeping me curious:
1) It was once mentioned the only character Catarina hasn't conquered is Nicol (can't remember which season & episode it was mentioned in though...)
2) In the last episode when dreaming, Catarina finds herself in Acchan's room, Acchan says "I have to go tell her whenever I conquer a route" and proceeds to run the new sequel of Fortune Lovers. This could either mean she got a new buddy to talk about it or Catarina is still alive but in a vegetative state and she visits her in the hospital, OR she just visits her grave occasionally or something...

Can't wait for the movie! :D
Interesting take. I never thought about that but it seems a little too dark for this anime. I do hope Caterina gets with Nicol if she ends up with a guy because him and Maria are my top two ships for her because they are not as forceful as the others
Sep 25, 2021 4:28 PM

Nov 2009
ROFL

Fortune Love II

But how? If Bakarina never heard or played it, how did she dream of it? Was it somehow from Acchan's past memories when the girls were sleeping together?

More importantly... how is Bakarina gonna go this time? cause she never heard or played it, so she has zero idea on the routes and characters involved. hmm....

Bakarina's basically playing "new game plus" as a newbie.

(plus, like in the dream, Acchan said "how is Catarina here" is the biggest question... since she's suppose to be exiled after the first game, why or how is she back? this sounds like the 2nd game is on a parallel universe and doesn't follow the events of 1st game and both game can be played individually)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Sep 26, 2021 7:35 AM

Aug 2018
Overall, this season was the calm before the storm, it seems.. ;P I'm glad this series is back.. But also I wish we'd have some doom to solve, like it was in season 1.. Well, it seems, we'll have one, or rather several Bad Ends to solve in season 3.. ;P And this season was more slice of life'ish stuff.. We got couple of plot points.. Especially in episode 11.. As well as had some other characters to the mix, not everything is clear with some of them.. Overall - glad that this anime is back.. And hope that we'll have season 3.. ;P
Oct 3, 2021 12:12 AM

Mar 2013
Finally finished this wonderful adaptation but the story is yet to be finished by a long shot. The cliffhangers with Acchan was greatly created and Catarina getting obnoxiously dumbfounded is really hilarious 😂.

I need more! 😭
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Oct 21, 2021 2:02 AM

Jun 2016
Katarina and the gang graduate with Katarina and Maria off to join the Department of Magic. Feels good, man.

I can't be the only one who thinks that this season didn't need to happen and that the ending of the first season was enough.

Overall this season was just more of the same. If you liked the first season, I'd assume you'd be happy with this one. Not me, I felt myself groaning and rolling my eyes constantly, but hey, I finished it thank god.

The best part of the show was best boy Nicol getting his own dedicated episode.

Oct 31, 2021 4:34 AM
Jan 2021
This episode have warm and light moments and tells more what to come at the same time. Although not as good as Season 1 still, it never lost its value to entertain me. I am excited for the movie to come

For me its 8/10
Nov 12, 2021 11:49 PM

Aug 2018
Royalty459 said:
That Keith comment at 16:02 is super creepy to say the least. Like dude chill out she's your sister and you're really doing this shit? This is why I prefer Alan, Nicol, or Maria because they wouldn't force themselves on her like this and don't act as desperate as the others. Imma be honest, I didn't enjoy this season as much as the first. The harem got to big, Caterina even got dumber and more oblivious, and the episodes just seemed random and like filler. Caterina is also too forgiving and has zero sense of danger even when being kidnapped. She honestly has become an annoying character to me.
I just want to say you said everything i wanted to say about this anime. It is trash and i hope there isnt a third season.
Nov 13, 2021 1:16 PM

Mar 2012
This was probably one of the most disappointing sequels I've ever watched in the past decade. I don't say this lightly. This series would've left a much better impression on me if the second season didn't exist at all.

Generally when you go into a sequel you expect some kind of continuity. Hamefura had a central plot in the first season: Catarina had to ensure she avoided "her" fate in Fortune Lover. By the end of first season, this plotline had (long) been resolved. But in its place, the second season put in nothing. Instead, it was simply reduced to the worst kind of generic harem where nothing of import happens for most of the season and conflicts either are glossed over or just conveniently resolve themselves. What makes this worse than your average Gary Stu/Mary Sue business is several-fold.

One, Catarina was astoundingly oblivious with the memory of a guppy. The first season I think you can somewhat chalk her missing clues up to her being dense, but this season people are just outright kissing her on the lips, planting hickies on her, and confessing. Yet no romantic progress was made at all. We don't even witness Catarina ponder about this. How?

Two, while you can at least understand why her actions in the first season affected the people around her and drew them to her the way it did, in the second season it seemed like she could be saying or doing the most unremarkable things and they would be treated as making her oh-so-special. This made her charms (and I considered her first season self charming in some respects) seem rather artificial.

Three, there just a total failure of plot tension. Everything just worked out for her for no good reason. Oh, she was kidnapped. But after a conversation with the kidnapper the kidnapper falls for her and kidnapping ends. Oh, her brother was kidnapped. But after she just happened to buy something on the market it allowed her to absorb dark magic and gain a new companion.

Four, there was zero character development. I personally would've preferred one or two pairings to be established at least, but not only did the season fall short of that, now no one has a personality beyond really, really liking Catarina.

All this created a weird dynamic where Catarina was totally the center of all things yet she didn't seem to have a substantial impact on the direction of the plot because she's a passive actor for whom the plot sea would split. There was no story to tell other than "Catarina and her friends, every one of whom wants to get with her, stumble into some problems that they easily resolve just because." It was honestly difficult to sit through.

I typically grade anime on a 5 point scale going from 5 to 10. Occasionally I find something so hard to stomach that a part of me almost wants to go back and adjust all scores I've ever given just so I could give that thing a score below 5. I'm somewhat surprised that a sequel to Hamefura would arouse that sentiment so strongly.
Nov 13, 2021 6:23 PM

Dec 2013
We have gone full circle and ended the season with another graduation! The girls in this series are way thirstier than the guys are.

Of course, the original game had a sequel. I'm actually pretty ok with this series having more sequels. As long as they don't have so many kidnappings...
Nov 20, 2021 10:36 PM

Jul 2007
zannett said:
This was probably one of the most disappointing sequels I've ever watched in the past decade. I don't say this lightly. This series would've left a much better impression on me if the second season didn't exist at all.

Generally when you go into a sequel you expect some kind of continuity. Hamefura had a central plot in the first season: Catarina had to ensure she avoided "her" fate in Fortune Lover. By the end of first season, this plotline had (long) been resolved. But in its place, the second season put in nothing. Instead, it was simply reduced to the worst kind of generic harem where nothing of import happens for most of the season and conflicts either are glossed over or just conveniently resolve themselves.

I agree completely. I enjoyed the show but it felt very lackluster and seemed to implore the same routine again and again, it just wasn't very interesting. I'll likely watch part of the next season, just to see if they somehow go somewhere with the material but I don't have very high hopes.
Nov 20, 2021 10:53 PM

Jun 2020
Please tell me the film would at least be about FORTUNE LOVER II STARRING SORA <3333333 hehehe would 1000000% be into it for him

This season overall just felt like an extended OVA lol it’s definitely nice additional content for fans but I can see why for others it would be kinda repetitive & boring. I still enjoyed it tho since the characters crack me up. Till then! Excited for the film♡

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Nov 24, 2021 6:05 PM

Jun 2017
I quite loved and enjoyed season 2, but I feel season 1 was a bit better. Both are still really great though :D. In general, I absolutely LOVE this anime! I am VERY glad that it is continuing :D.
Nov 28, 2021 6:03 PM
Apr 2017
Hope the series gets another season or a movie!
Jan 3, 2022 6:34 PM

Jan 2013
What an ending, so she finally graduated and now arc 2 starts lmao
Glad that they have shown a little of her past life, even tho that's almost nothing but that's all we get for now.
This season had a little more action and plot twists but it's still a 7/10.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 8, 2022 11:36 AM

Aug 2019
New love interests!! And a movie coming up!!
Mar 15, 2022 11:00 PM

Jun 2010
On the whole the second season of Hamefure was still fine but definitely a step down compared to the first.

The thing is a lot of the humor of the first season stems from Catarina desperately trying to prevent her bad ends and in her fumbling around subverting the usual otome game routine due to her accidentally triggering the flags and events meant for other characters. But without that element the series basically became a standard reverse harem. Even more so since the girls of her harem were basically sidelined in favor of more aggressively pushing some of the boys especially Geordo, which I wasn't much of a fan of, but I guess that's up to personal taste. Though, that reminds me, what the heck actually happened to her toy snake? That was her ultimate plan of getting Geordo off her back but that plot point seemingly vanished and was forgotten about completely.

There were also some other points that were kinda dragging the story down like the three times repeat of the "kidnapped by dark magic user" plotline. At that point you could genuinely ask who the next character is going to be that gets kidnapped.

Well hopefully with the start of what seems to be the Fortune Love 2 plotline and therefore the reemergence of the otome game constraints and possible bad ends Hamefura will get back to its old form.
Apr 7, 2022 9:26 PM

Aug 2019
Good watch, I'll start by saying till the end, i enjoyed season 2 very much.

Compared to season 1, the plot especially was understandably very different. Season 1's core concept was Catarina dodging as many pre determined red flags as possible with her knowledge of the "Fortune Lover" game. Along side some really good character development, what got me liking season 1 was watching as Catarina weaved her way as the supposed antagonist towards her own ending.
Season 2 was marginally different plot wise as it didn't have the core concept that season 1 had of Catarina essentially avoiding the red flags. This season kinda felt more like generic SOL, Romance, fantasy isekai anime just with the s1 characters. Not saying that this is bad, quite frankly the arcs and plot points brought in this season were enough to carry the show and still make it an interesting watch for me.

Overall 7/10, i thoroughly enjoy this season and what it brought to the table, however s1 will always have a special place in my heart for what it did.
May 11, 2022 9:12 PM

Jan 2019
YES- The return to the death flag format will be incredible.

Love that we go essentially a free season in between the two games, even if this season wasn't nearly as good as last season.
Jun 7, 2022 2:33 PM
Jan 2014
Please let there be a season 3! I love this anime so much!!!!
Jun 30, 2022 12:13 PM
Nov 2020
Yeah I agree with the people who are kind of disappointed.I was pumped in Season 1 cuz I thought it would be a fun diverse kind of anime where the heroine could acc end up acknowledging one of the GIRLS as a potential partner!But I was sorely let down.I really hated the fact they made Keith and Geord so pushy.

I love Keith but that whole scene with Keith at the end was super “uncomfy”, with him saying he couldn’t be held accountable for anything that happened since she was the one who came into his room in her pyjamas.Like bruh..you have lived with her for years and she has been your sister..she has every right to think its ok to go chat to her brother without supervision...regardless of your feelings.

I dunno man definitely not what I was expecting..Maybe I’m just biased cuz I liked the girls more..but this season made all the girls bar like maybe Maria look dumb.Even then Maria had some dumb moments.

Hated that episode where everyone is trying to flirt with Katerina while her brother is missing..like…wrong time wrong place AND you have the audacity to act like your doing her a favor by holding back.Just like..wtf?!

Im sadd..I hope the movie steers away from the direction they went in this season.I loove all the characters too much for them to be mistreated like this…. :( I’ll continue to stay loyal to the series though!mainly cuz I looved the potential that the first season carried!
Oct 7, 2022 6:50 AM
May 2020
ok fine it wasnt that bad i still think season 1 is better
Nov 15, 2022 9:41 PM
Oct 2022
The chaos and harem craziness continues I hope we get another session.
Nov 30, 2022 7:44 PM

Oct 2022
The harem is so self aware that they even acknowledge our bakarina is a black hole

Anyways i look forward to seeing who gets sucked in next during the movie. See yall

Dec 10, 2022 1:41 PM
Apr 2017
Absolutely loved this series!!
Jan 7, 2023 4:48 AM

Jul 2015
Fun season but bit of a step down with the whole doom flag thing already resolved in s1 and stuff yet still had some great moments like the Nicol centered episode.

Feb 20, 2023 6:19 AM
Mar 2015
Those villains did all kinds of cruel messed-up things to Keith and they simply let them off/waved them off with a smile

Bakarina doesn’t give two sh—s abt Keith apparently

I know the show’s supposed to be wholesome but this still feels wrong

Plus Bakarina lets literally any guy kiss/hug/manhandle her with zero resistance so either she’s a h— or a dude reincarnated into a girl’s body

5/10 season
GavrocheN7Feb 20, 2023 6:27 AM
Mar 16, 2023 1:30 PM

Jun 2015
They better make a sequel!
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
May 24, 2023 8:28 AM

Oct 2022
Found this season a little weak, too much time spent on flashbacks and kidnappings that could've been spent on progressing relationships, especially for the harem. The only reason they seem to be friends is a shared love of bakarina.
Jul 14, 2023 3:51 PM

Dec 2019
Alan and bakarina best couple
Oct 14, 2023 5:11 AM
Sep 2022
Very nice but the girl love interests got way less screen time this season, it's like they are more there for fan service rather than actually being love rivals unlike season 1.. Anyway I'm happy that they are hinting at a new season, I hope we can finally see Catarina fight and use her sword cause for now she's always being saved even though she is supposed to know how to fight.
Mar 6, 12:49 AM

Aug 2019
"dont let just anyone lure you in with sweets"

"youve seduced another one catarina"

i hope that fortune lover 2 wasnt a hint at a third season. i liked the first one but this honestly left a bad taste in my mouth, it just wasnt nowhere near as good as the first one so im just worried that the third one will be mediocre as well. there is that movie but im not sure if im up to watching it.

and honestly anne is my favorite chracter from the whole series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » The ship that you rooting for is?

Marshert - Aug 21, 2021

15 by superstaff »»
Yesterday, 12:58 PM

» Season 3?

cassandra9891 - Aug 27, 2021

7 by superstaff »»
Yesterday, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... X Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2021

76 by Shocked »»
Apr 22, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... X Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2021

86 by Shocked »»
Apr 22, 5:47 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... X Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2021

106 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 9:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.