Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 19, 2021 12:26 PM

May 2018
KiliianSleipnir said:
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

Well, buddy, you maybe correct with most of them girls, but Athena to be 17, well I'm guessing the original creator made a mistake, since High School students in Japan graduate at 18 so given that Athena didn't when to cram school she would be 18 if she didn't attend cram school or 19 if she did attend cram school. You also have to consider her birthday which May, so given that she graduated on March then by the time she attends college and meets Koushi she would have been 18 already.

this is the Japanese year system. 6+3+3+4 elementary (Shogakko) 6-12 year old kids is 6 years, junior high/middle school (Chugakko) 12-15 year old kids is 3 years, senior high (Kotogakko) 15-18 is 3 years, basic academic college/Bachelor's Degree 4 years...

the US just adds 1 year to senior high school. 6 3 4 4. BUT we start KG at 5y/o whereas the Japanese start it at 6. see how it balances out? we start a year earlier and require a year MORE of ALL COMPULSORY education. but the Japanese start a year later, don't require HS, and HS is a year shorter. so graduating HS at 17 isn't impossible.

also in both countries you can get a lower level academic or technical college certificate. to start with, and possibly go higher than the normal 4 years. Master's, Doctorate, MD/PHD etc.

i graduated high school in the US at 17... started KG at 5 like everybody else... i didn't skip any grades... it ain't easy but you can get into a technical school in Japan without a HS diploma. now an academic college, i doubt it. and i'm pretty certain this is an academic college, not many all girls technical schools in Japan.

also, if you didn't know, skipping a few terms or up to a year before entering college in Japan is not unheard of. working part or full time, studying entrance exam guides written specifically for a certain college or a certain field/area of study that a group of colleges specializes in, building up a 'nest egg' so students can pay several months of tuition before scholarships etc. kick in, having a little extra cash so you can live someplace better, expenses etc. or just to experience life outside of 'gotta gooo to schoooool' for so many years.

cram school has nothing to do with it. if you didn't know, they're entirely utterly and completely privatized in Japan. parents can get scholarships and stuff. but cram schools are NOT part of the public curriculum in Japan. their Ministry of Education DOES regulate them, require them to follow guidelines etc. but you go to cram school in Japan, it's just so you get better GRADES... not progress faster/skip ahead.

it's NOT like... u go to cram school, you get ahead of everybody else on Winter/Summer bla bla bla vacations. no, it don't work like that. otherwise the schools in Japan WOULDN'T HAVE those vacations, they'd just go to school everyday, all day, all month, and all year long.

oh, and the classic anime 'school on Saturday'? it is not actually required by Japanese national law. school systems (lower than college) and prefectures can permit Saturday classes, but the National Law states a Saturday course-load ends at 1pm. period. no classes after 1.

Still don't agree with all that hoopla, so let's put it this way school year would be like this 2021 to 2022, in their words given that a student goes to the opening of the school year 2021 he or she may have already had his or her birthday for this year pf 2021 by the end of the school year 2022 he or she would be having his birthday anytime with in that period. So in the case of Athena she's 17 before going to college , 18 when she is already in the middle of the school year and after meeting the guy. It just that simple. So basically you have graduated High school when your 17 in school year of 2021, but when the school year ends on 2022 depending on what month you're born that you'll be 18 by that time. And Athena is already 18 when she met the guy and is probably in the middle of the school year.
Sep 21, 2021 8:38 PM

Dec 2015
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
KiliianSleipnir said:

this is the Japanese year system. 6+3+3+4 elementary (Shogakko) 6-12 year old kids is 6 years, junior high/middle school (Chugakko) 12-15 year old kids is 3 years, senior high (Kotogakko) 15-18 is 3 years, basic academic college/Bachelor's Degree 4 years...

the US just adds 1 year to senior high school. 6 3 4 4. BUT we start KG at 5y/o whereas the Japanese start it at 6. see how it balances out? we start a year earlier and require a year MORE of ALL COMPULSORY education. but the Japanese start a year later, don't require HS, and HS is a year shorter. so graduating HS at 17 isn't impossible.

also in both countries you can get a lower level academic or technical college certificate. to start with, and possibly go higher than the normal 4 years. Master's, Doctorate, MD/PHD etc.

i graduated high school in the US at 17... started KG at 5 like everybody else... i didn't skip any grades... it ain't easy but you can get into a technical school in Japan without a HS diploma. now an academic college, i doubt it. and i'm pretty certain this is an academic college, not many all girls technical schools in Japan.

also, if you didn't know, skipping a few terms or up to a year before entering college in Japan is not unheard of. working part or full time, studying entrance exam guides written specifically for a certain college or a certain field/area of study that a group of colleges specializes in, building up a 'nest egg' so students can pay several months of tuition before scholarships etc. kick in, having a little extra cash so you can live someplace better, expenses etc. or just to experience life outside of 'gotta gooo to schoooool' for so many years.

cram school has nothing to do with it. if you didn't know, they're entirely utterly and completely privatized in Japan. parents can get scholarships and stuff. but cram schools are NOT part of the public curriculum in Japan. their Ministry of Education DOES regulate them, require them to follow guidelines etc. but you go to cram school in Japan, it's just so you get better GRADES... not progress faster/skip ahead.

it's NOT like... u go to cram school, you get ahead of everybody else on Winter/Summer bla bla bla vacations. no, it don't work like that. otherwise the schools in Japan WOULDN'T HAVE those vacations, they'd just go to school everyday, all day, all month, and all year long.

oh, and the classic anime 'school on Saturday'? it is not actually required by Japanese national law. school systems (lower than college) and prefectures can permit Saturday classes, but the National Law states a Saturday course-load ends at 1pm. period. no classes after 1.

Still don't agree with all that hoopla, so let's put it this way school year would be like this 2021 to 2022, in their words given that a student goes to the opening of the school year 2021 he or she may have already had his or her birthday for this year pf 2021 by the end of the school year 2022 he or she would be having his birthday anytime with in that period. So in the case of Athena she's 17 before going to college , 18 when she is already in the middle of the school year and after meeting the guy. It just that simple. So basically you have graduated High school when your 17 in school year of 2021, but when the school year ends on 2022 depending on what month you're born that you'll be 18 by that time. And Athena is already 18 when she met the guy and is probably in the middle of the school year.

good idea, but just a tiny bit off on the placing of time of year when the girls first meet him. always check the Seasonal Indicators in a show. visually, script/dialogue, storylines, costuming.

this show obviously places a tiny amount of emphasis on the passage of time. it ends after New Years/Christmas... obviously... before that you can specifically see Atena's blouse style change... her 'bewbs' aren't out, her bra's not showing, her cleavage is covered, and so are her shoulders. it's colder outside.

knitting the gloves... a noob knitting something as complex as gloves takes WEEKS!

bringing out the heated kotatsu. classic early Fall Japanese 'household change'.

Spring Cleaning... well in Japan they generally do that before the New Year and after all the 'family' has gone home from Christmas. it's not just an easier way to do it, it's a cultural/spiritual thing. cleanse the home, organize, get everything ready to greet a prosperous New Year. so the show kinda jumbled that episode up out of order.

of course there's the Summer Vacation fiasco episode. the 'crazy hot weather' stuff. see what i mean?

so really... the show starts EARLY in the first year of college for Atena... remember Koushi saying he thought he'd freeze to death sleeping on that park bench? Springs in Japan STILL have a serious overnight-low LOW temperatures.

also, Atena's birthday is listed as May 28. most schools in Japan start the year officially in April and end it in the 2nd half of March the next calendar year. so if she graduated HS after her 17th birthday passed the previous year, and she didn't take any time off just moved RIGHT to college from home THAT MARCH... one month after the Freshman Entrance Ceremonies in college and the start of classes she would have turned 18... and Koushi shows up.

:)

for a MUCH better and detailed look at college life in Japan... watch 'Golden Time'... https://myanimelist.net/anime/17895/Golden_Time a very good show. the Sentai Filmworks English dub is high quality! :D
KiliianSleipnirSep 21, 2021 8:44 PM
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Sep 22, 2021 7:46 PM
Sep 2018
As a man of culture I love this show !
Sep 22, 2021 7:47 PM
Sep 2018
LunyRem said:
It was an alright series. It's got some wholesome moments which I enjoyed, but there's plenty of forced fanservice shenanigans which became repetitive and that made it frustrating to watch this anime. However, the wholesome moments still made up for it.

I doubt I would watch a sequel if there would ever be one. I've kinda had enough of the forced ecchi.

Do you know by any chance if there will be another season?
Sep 22, 2021 9:32 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
HaremKing01 said:
LunyRem said:
It was an alright series. It's got some wholesome moments which I enjoyed, but there's plenty of forced fanservice shenanigans which became repetitive and that made it frustrating to watch this anime. However, the wholesome moments still made up for it.

I doubt I would watch a sequel if there would ever be one. I've kinda had enough of the forced ecchi.

Do you know by any chance if there will be another season?

I honestly have no idea and I haven't seen/read any announcement about a sequel for this anime.

But if this does gets a sequel, then I'm sure MAL would be one of the first websites to announce such news. :)
Sep 29, 2021 6:43 AM

Mar 2008
06/10 but funny anime
Oct 5, 2021 4:10 PM

Jul 2015
As a degenerate adult, its weird seeing 12-year olds (Koushi and Sutea) in sexual situations where I wish they were made older. However as a big tiddy oneesan lover first and foremost this was some fine guilty pleasure of an ecchi harem anime to watch bearing resemblance to 'Sunohara-sou no Kanrinin-san' but hornier.

Oct 14, 2021 11:00 PM
Oct 2017
Long live the oppais free the tiddies love seeing these ecchi series from time to time
Oct 22, 2021 11:29 PM

Mar 2020
I think the ending of the anime was really good, especially as it's a still ongoing manga series. Usually, endings of harem anime of not yet finished source tends to be total BS. So I'm glad this one ended in a very sweet moment with what it most likely (or at least for now) winning girl, and then a nice moment with the entire cast making it clear the shenanigans are still ongoing.

The humor in this series is also top notch, doesn't take itself to serious at all. In fact, so many of the jokes were so silly, I found myself laughing my head off from the pure sillyness of it. With an ecchi show like this, the ridiculous situations in order to get the ecchi often tends to be played off to serious. But in this case, it's just all about fun and games, it's even celebrating the fact that it's jokes are way over the top, and I absolutely love that.

Another thing this show does right is that the girls are hot. Apart from the witch (Mineru clearly is a witch just like Serene is an alien), Mineru isn't really doing it for me. But the other three inhabitants of the dormitory, Frey, Serene and especially Atena is so hot. Kiriya is okay, and when she actually starts opening up and showing her more vulnerable sides, she's got the blush skills to match the others. Sutea is kinda cute to, but I've never been into the childhood friend thing, and I'm not a huge fan of tsundere's either.

But the fact that there are relatively few girls in an ecchi harem anime like this is a good thing. There is more time for the girls to connect to main-kun. The fact that you kinda figure out midway through that three of the girls aren't really in love with him, means there is time have character/relationship development that's different. One set where we learn and explore why they fall in love with main-kun, and one set where it can be very playful but also have friendship and help characters grow.

I found myself on a few occasions actually crying because the scenes where genuinely emotional. I might find myself crying from laughing two minutes later, but there was always enough time to catch my breath between the emotional scenes and the humorous once. I found myself enjoying this anime a lot more then I initially though I would. I love these kinds of anime cause I love hot anime girls with big tits and all the silly and ecchi moments you find in an anime/manga like this. But this one I was very placentally surprised by, it was a lot better then I would have thought when I started watching it.

This is defiantly something I would considerer reading in the future. Unfortunately, I don't think there is an English translation of this manga, not an official one at least. I might be wrong about that, but I remember checking a few weeks ago and seem to remember no official English release. Here's to hoping the anime might change that, you never know.
Oct 29, 2021 6:40 PM
Jan 2009
Not going to lie: I wish Koushi was at least 15 or 16. Were that the case, I think it would been less cringe-worthy because he would have been a bit older.
Nov 23, 2021 7:17 AM
Mar 2019
Maybe It's Just Me But I Never Laughed Or Smiled All The Way Through.
I Ended Up Fast Forwarding To Finish It Off.
If I Enjoyed Seeing A 12 Year Old Girl Undressed, In A Compromising Position, I Would Probably Get Arrested.
Yes, It Is An Anime But Could They Not Have Made Her At Least 16.
I Do Not Mind Ecchi But It Seems They Have Run Out Of Ideas How To Make It A Little Different.
Stop Tripping Up...
Bad? No! Recommended Nah!
Dec 21, 2021 12:07 AM

Feb 2008
I only picked this for self-satisfying purposes, but I ended up watching it all instead of just watching an episode and then never touching it again.

It was funny sometimes, heavy sometimes, but nonetheless it was enjoyable. The tits were very nice, and the OP was catchy. Decent animation, too. The main character was the bad part of the show, I expected more naughtiness from him.

5/10
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Dec 29, 2021 3:17 AM

May 2016
Man even with the ecchi scenes couldn't bear it.

I delayed it for so long and finally I'm done with it, super fkn slow pace could have been
a lot better.

4/10
Dec 31, 2021 10:44 PM
Jul 2017
The ages of the girls in the Goddess Dorm:

Mineru is about 23, Frey is like 21, Kiriya is about 20, Serene is about 22, and Atena is like 19.

Those are just my guesses from the show.
Mar 2, 2022 1:06 AM

Jul 2019
This was a wild ride! Not a fan of the random undressing of Sutea, but other than that I really liked it.
Mineru-san and Frey-san makes and awesome team!

This needs an OVA!
Apr 2, 2022 7:52 AM

Apr 2011
lol. Koushi's condition got worse because of them.

Such a funny, wholesome, and ecchi show. Glad that Koushi got a place to live after what happened to him and gets to live with beauties that some are weird but all are kind.

I definitely enjoyed this show in all its uncensored goodness. Hoping for a sequel.
Apr 27, 2022 11:32 AM

Aug 2018
Overall, anime was mostly enjoyable.. Lots of fun ecchi, and girls with all kinds of personalities I liked a lot.. ;P Romance, on the other hand, felt like whatever for me.. With such a cast of all kinds of girls, Atena is a strange pick to my personal feel.. But thankfully show focused more on stuff I did enjoy, and romance wasn't a big part of the anime.. How it'd do if it would have season 2 or something - no idea.. Depends on what it'd focus, really.. And season 1 was majorly a nice enjoyable comedy.. ;P
Jul 3, 2022 1:12 PM
Jun 2022
I enjoyed the first bit and the second was quite emotional but too slow to me and it's still left ambiguous to what feelings there are, they just go back to being the same
Aug 18, 2022 10:22 AM
Aug 2022
Man I had low expectations for this series and it still managed to leave me feeling disappointed. The characters went through such miniscule developments over 10 episodes that this entire anime feels pointless because in the end, the ecchi fanservice scenes feel like they have been shafted to make way for those moments of "development" between Koushi and Atena (also Kiriya to some extent I guess) that ultimately lead to nowhere. They never bothered to really give the other girls more depth and I think they even gave up trying to explain the deal with Serene and just leave her mystery as her defining quirk. Oh well a 4/10 for me.
Sep 8, 2022 1:16 PM
Oct 2021
I love please give more AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Nov 20, 2022 12:37 AM
Nov 2022
bro is a kid.☠☠
Dec 31, 2022 10:29 PM
Dec 2022
bruh
mid as hell no cap frfr
Jan 7, 2023 4:51 PM

May 2017
For a finale , it was quote borring , they stick to him , they spmehlw cure him ’ they show him their pa tsu , but in that case it shluld be funny

Aqnd the last part , post ending , it should have been each girls doing the best to can do to tame the guy , yet they only go shopmping , they should get jeavous at least

I think ot was a 8/10 first , but while story didnt move ’ its still bdorring ’ ecchii is great ’ however the harem part is realyboryng ’ 

With all of that...i would say 7/10
LadyLeeMingJan 7, 2023 4:55 PM
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Jan 23, 2023 8:09 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
just ordered the manga... you know im in love with a show when i do that

such late 2000s/early 2010s vibes

absolutely love it<333
Jan 25, 2023 1:19 AM
Aug 2022
did not has intersting story
Apr 11, 2023 11:32 AM

Apr 2013
Ah yes, I almost forget about anime characters getting sick by staying outside a bit too long. And then they randomly drop on the floor xD

This show was... different than I expected. The harem part was actually not that bad, but instead I feel like the ecchi part was a bit meh. Characters were actually enjoyable though, if only the protagonist had not been 12 while the anime was hinting at romance. That was weird. Still a 6/10 from me.
Jan 7, 8:45 AM
Aug 2023
Interesting.. Love it!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Megami-ryou no Ryoubo-kun. Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2021

46 by Flutty_Putty »»
Mar 23, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Megami-ryou no Ryoubo-kun. Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2021

54 by Flutty_Putty »»
Mar 23, 12:43 AM

Poll: » Megami-ryou no Ryoubo-kun. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2021

63 by Flutty_Putty »»
Mar 8, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Megami-ryou no Ryoubo-kun. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2021

67 by beyonce_hamlet »»
Mar 8, 6:37 AM

Poll: » Megami-ryou no Ryoubo-kun. Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2021

39 by Rezzurwrath »»
Feb 15, 2:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.