Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 11, 2021 9:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aisha is quite a badass imo when she wants to be.

This episode also saw Kazuya taking a risky tactic. Still, I think the episode still had its political drama as usual. Only now, I believe Kazuya is much more experienced and truly deserves to be sitting at that throne.
Sep 11, 2021 10:36 AM

Apr 2010
Deception is a part of war and Souma seems to be good at it.
The war seems to be almost over but i guess we will see that that week.
In any case i liked the episode still a shame about Leicia's friend tho.
Sep 11, 2021 10:44 AM

Apr 2016
"Step aside, this is our fight" i swear i heard the same thing in a different harem. And dude, that combat animation was tragic, like what the hell was that. The war ... the fuck is this shit ? Its not mc-kun being smart, no .. its everyone around him (especially his enemies) being an absolute dimwits. LN writing at its best.

And i can't possibly believe, that the winged duke's daughter did not have fallen in love with the main-kun at fist sight, that must be a mistake right ? It must have been different in the LN, i refuse to believe otherwise.
Sep 11, 2021 10:55 AM

Jul 2017
The fall of Castor Vargas's Red Dragon City, and Kazuya has successfully infiltrated his quarters for the eventful battle. Aisha's usefulness is her brute strength, and it's essential in this case. This is an act of treason on their part, and their punishment will be declared soon.

Liscia trying to defend for Carla, but on Kazuya's part, it'd be a lot troublesome if they were in cahoots just to save a life. Just kinda cannot get glossed over how Halbert and Kazuya are that close, but whatever. And as for Georg Carmine's side, since Kazuya has already claimed air superiority, it's as good as their loss in Randel. All of that leads to a battle that Kazuya won by guts and strategy alone against the Three Dukedoms.

But...this war is not over yet, with dissonants from Glaive's insider intel about Georg Carmine's corrupt nobility that could easily be staged by a coup d'etat alone, which links to other nations. Damn, what a headache of an existential issue. And Altomura's forces thought they can still fight back, but with Duchess Excel Walter's appearance comes Kazuya projected to the people in a declaration of war against the Principal of Amidonia, and cleared them all in a jiffy, which leaves the city of Van left with its remaining forces.

Good, now give them the payback they deserved for underhanded tactics.
Sep 11, 2021 10:56 AM

Jun 2019
I'm actually really surprised by how cool Souma can be at times with just his actions and strategies. This man planned everything from the very start and even the Civil War was just for setting them up. Indeed, a great king.

Once again, the episode was mostly all about war strategies and how well Kazuya handled them without even breaking a sweat. Tho, some of the tactics might actually hurt them back. But, it went well for now.
Sep 11, 2021 10:59 AM

Feb 2019
Damnnnn Souma was surprisingly cutthroat today. Extremely decisive and willing to make tough decisions with the war effort/duke Carmine. Aisha got some great shine too in the vargas fight. Knew she was strong, but dang.

Looks all but certain that Vargas daughter will join the harem too. Seems a bit contrived, but it’s isekai.

War should be fun next week.
Sep 11, 2021 11:11 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well now it's over for Vargas and Carla but now it's time for the war against Amidonia and the conquest of Van haha, that's so pleasant to watch
Sep 11, 2021 11:11 AM

Apr 2010
Marinate1016 said:

All 5sec of it the way the anime is going lol.

They really toned the gruesomeness of Goldoa Valley. Big sad.
Sep 11, 2021 11:12 AM
Oct 2016
Each episode I'm genuinely surprised at how smart this show is written. Lots of wow moments and me saying "I didn't think of that". Duke Carmine rebelling against Souma just so the corrupt lords would all gather with him using up more of their resources that way Souma could stamp them out for real this time. Since his efforts to strip them of power obviously didn't work as they hired those mercenaries. It made sense to me why Duke Carmine would surrender after Souma defeated Vargas and gained air superiority but I could understand why some people would see that as too easy. That is until we hear what his plan all along was, which was super smart. Aisha battling Vargas was cool to see. We've gotten glimpses of her strength like in the training with Liscia a while back but now we see her in actual combat. Vargas is strong but Souma simply outsmarted him with making it look like that puppet was simply a puppet. But bad news for him Liscia hid inside waiting for the right moment to tag team with Aisha, looks like their training together paid off.

Souma wiped the floor with the rebellious dukes and now sets his sight on the barbarians trying to invade. Another smart move of having his army not even bother when them at that border city but instead just head for the Amidonia capital which is now virtually unguarded. Also setting that trap in the valley to whittle their numbers down. Souma is so damn smart, he thinks so far ahead and just out maneuvers every opponent.
Sep 11, 2021 11:13 AM
Oct 2016
antonn said:
Marinate1016 said:

Anyone expecting brutality shown in anime that broadcast on TV for crying out loud is gonna be disappointed more often than not. Just deal with it as a reality
Sep 11, 2021 11:19 AM

Oct 2017
So duke carmine was a good guy all along and he sacrificed himself for the sake of the country, damn. I really want to know why he trusts Soma so much thou.
Sep 11, 2021 11:19 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm storming the fortress by exploiting the blueprints is textbook Souma. That tag team of Liscia and Aisha though sure was impressive. Its unfortunate that the slave collar had to be used though. Still that was one hell of a gamble that Souma pulled off though. It was comical seeing the nobles panic though. Though enemies Carmine at least was someone that fought with honor. Gathering all the corrupt nobles in one place to allow Souma to deal with them was quite the gutsy move. Carmine really though ahead though. Souma's little announcement to both the people and to the invaders sure was an excellent move as it allowed him to not only brief the people but also show the enemy that their once divided nation is now united against them. Never imagined Juna will be a field commander though but i guess she is the granddaughter of Excel after all. Overall an excellent ep that while featuring an excellent balance of action and cunning also showed well just how much Souma had planned ahead with his moves to address the current issues. Given just impressive Carmine is hope that he manages to survive and enter service with Souma somehow.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2021 11:20 AM

Apr 2010
Dukino said:
antonn said:

Anyone expecting brutality shown in anime that broadcast on TV for crying out loud is gonna be disappointed more often than not. Just deal with it as a reality

I think you're confusing what I said with graphic violence. Far worse has been shown on anime TV than what I was referring to.
Sep 11, 2021 11:23 AM
Dec 2020
I was surprised because duke carmine was willing to sacrifice his life for the country and wanted to exterminate the corrupt nobles.
Sep 11, 2021 11:32 AM
Sep 2017
MegamiRem said:
So duke carmine was a good guy all along and he sacrificed himself for the sake of the country, damn. I really want to know why he trusts Soma so much thou.

I assume because he has great respect for the former king and Liscia whom both vouched for Souma.
Sep 11, 2021 11:37 AM
Jul 2021
Damn, I really wish he beat them and they decided to follow him without the slave collars. I really like that guy and his daughter seems like she has a food relationship with the princess.
Sep 11, 2021 11:50 AM

Apr 2018
Duke Carmin and his hidden plan, well thought for real. Well, this didn't really feel like a war and the fight scenes were seriously close to bad. Souma's speech in the end gave me goosebumps. That's how a king should be.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 11, 2021 12:09 PM
Jun 2021
Well I am expecting a brutal war but hopefully things are ending up peacefully. Looking forward to season 2.
Sep 11, 2021 12:28 PM
Sep 2015
Cleyrik said:
Well I am expecting a brutal war but hopefully things are ending up peacefully. Looking forward to season 2.

It's not as peaceful as you think. 15,000 soldiers of Van were killed in a forest near the end of the episode. I hope I'm wrong and they're just scattering, but I don't think they'll elaborate on that part.
Sep 11, 2021 12:45 PM
Mar 2018
I'm really put off by the way they represented Souma raising his hand to silence others. The act itself is technically fine, but he does it with such exaggeration that he almost slaps the others in the face. It's so awkward.

Yes, I nitpick the weirdest things.
Sep 11, 2021 12:57 PM

Apr 2010
phantomfandom said:
Cleyrik said:

It's not as peaceful as you think. 15,000 soldiers of Van were killed in a forest near the end of the episode. I hope I'm wrong and they're just scattering, but I don't think they'll elaborate on that part.

They dead fam. Some of the troops that were abandoned in Goldoa survived and were captured. On the way back some deserted others were executed for losing supplies in the hasty retreat. Just some fun details that were cut.

Swagernator said:

And i can't possibly believe, that the winged duke's daughter did not have fallen in love with the main-kun at fist sight, that must be a mistake right ? It must have been different in the LN, i refuse to believe otherwise.

Sep 11, 2021 1:14 PM

May 2021
Souma definitely deserves to be sitting on the throne. Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Sep 11, 2021 1:41 PM

Apr 2015
Here I was expecting this war to carry till the end of the season, but it pretty much wrapped up in today's episode.

Carmine putting his own life on the line for the country he loves. I didn't expect that to happen. While Castor did fight to win, he ultimately lost and he and his daughter was captured with the slave collar. Carla doesn't seem very found of Souma at this moment, so I bet she won't be one of the 8 wives for now.

So 15000 soldiers died in that canyon. Damn those are some big casualties.
Sep 11, 2021 1:43 PM
Sep 2020
I knew the slide show last episode was building up to something!
Sep 11, 2021 1:47 PM

Apr 2016
antonn said:

LN level of writting.
Sep 11, 2021 2:07 PM
Feb 2021
Bruh, this anime keeps getting better each week. My favorite new isekai of the season.
Sep 11, 2021 2:10 PM
Dec 2019
So 2 battle rats accepted becoming slaves instead of killing themselves for honor or something? What a bunch of bullshit this anime have become
Sep 11, 2021 2:47 PM
Nov 2008
> outplayed by jap teenager
LMAO
Sep 11, 2021 2:50 PM
Jun 2021
Not a whole lot of action considering it was a coup that he shut down, but this really felt like a homage to various past coups under similar circumstances. Like Richard II leaving England for war, then to come back and find his castle taken over by his cousin with support from the dukes and foreigners that Richard was trying to manipulate. I bet the manga is so good.
Sep 11, 2021 3:00 PM
Feb 2021
Ah, slavery for the greater good, that's something a hero does.
Sep 11, 2021 3:17 PM

Feb 2015
Woah Liscia now looks like a man.

The duel will really slow and clunky animation wise. This show continues to dissapoint.
Sep 11, 2021 4:10 PM

Nov 2011
I like how Aisha knew her faults but stuck to her loyalty to Souma. That's why she's one of the best!

Great episode. Crazy to see so many behind the scenes things as well.

Oh man a Slave Collar as well...better not disobey the King.

I hope Gruis get's his.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 11, 2021 4:44 PM

Aug 2020
The war has ended. Big brain for Souma

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Sep 11, 2021 5:14 PM
Jul 2018
Souma managed to defeat the army that was against him.

the conquest of the kingdom of Souma is winning the battles managing to proceed with a nice episode.
Sep 11, 2021 5:25 PM
Mar 2008
I enjoyed the content of the episode but holy heck they were taking shortcuts in the animation department something fierce.

Still clips of people talking while important stuff happens off-screen indicated by sound effects and the people narrating what's happening, Carmine was hilariously off-model during his wine scene and just lots of other stuff that was hard to ignore.

I'm glad we're still not descending to the lows of "kumo desu ga, nani ka?" episode 14's straight up slideshow during the last half, but still not the best episode for this series in terms of production sadly :/
GeminositySep 11, 2021 5:32 PM
Sep 11, 2021 6:49 PM
Jan 2019
Swagernator said:
"Step aside, this is our fight" i swear i heard the same thing in a different harem. And dude, that combat animation was tragic, like what the hell was that. The war ... the fuck is this shit ? Its not mc-kun being smart, no .. its everyone around him (especially his enemies) being an absolute dimwits. LN writing at its best.

the lion dude never intended on actually fighting but gathering the corrupt noble all together in one place if you watched the episode you would know that and the fighting isn’t the main focus for this series it played out just like the LN and manga. and second the duke’s daughter was never ment to enter the haram in the first place
Sep 11, 2021 6:52 PM
Jan 2019
Marinate1016 said:
Damnnnn Souma was surprisingly cutthroat today. Extremely decisive and willing to make tough decisions with the war effort/duke Carmine. Aisha got some great shine too in the vargas fight. Knew she was strong, but dang.

Looks all but certain that Vargas daughter will join the harem too. Seems a bit contrived, but it’s isekai.

she doesn’t join the harem
Sep 11, 2021 6:53 PM

Sep 2020
dam, that was big surprise carmine wasnt bad guy after all and they are destroying barbarians
it was awesome but it would be better if they animated more about war in valley and that kind of things
still looking forward to it and hope it gets season 2 with more budget
Sep 11, 2021 6:58 PM
Jan 2019
antonn said:
phantomfandom said:

They dead fam. Some of the troops that were abandoned in Goldoa survived and were captured. On the way back some deserted others were executed for losing supplies in the hasty retreat. Just some fun details that were cut.

Swagernator said:

Ya so far in the LN there’s only one more spot left in the harem and it’s doubtful that it would ever be the duke’s daughter
Sep 11, 2021 9:25 PM
Mar 2021
I enjoy this episode and see the war tactics.
The moment Carmine surrender, I thought, "Isn't he surrender too easily? Don't tell me he did all this on purpose?" And it turned out to be true.

I am looking forward to see how next episode will be.
Sep 11, 2021 10:11 PM
Mar 2015
It really was a wonderful war
Sep 11, 2021 10:19 PM

Jan 2020
This series was disappointing for a multitude of reasons, yet somehow Liscia cutting her hair stood out like a sore thumb for me, lol. This series needed to be longer to actually enjoy the content. Does anyone know if the manga is a good adaptation of the LN? I may end up checking that out.
AnimillionSep 11, 2021 10:25 PM
Sep 12, 2021 12:06 AM

Apr 2010
Animillion said:
This series was disappointing for a multitude of reasons, yet somehow Liscia cutting her hair stood out like a sore thumb for me, lol. This series needed to be longer to actually enjoy the content. Does anyone know if the manga is a good adaptation of the LN? I may end up checking that out.

The manga is a better adaptation, however it isn't that much further ahead of the anime atm.There's 13 translated LN volumes and the manga is currently around 2.5 volumes adapted, where the anime is most likely going to end, barring some original ending shenanigans.
Sep 12, 2021 12:28 AM

Apr 2016
Travis501 said:
the lion dude never intended on actually fighting but gathering the corrupt noble all together in one place if you watched the episode you would know that and the fighting isn’t the main focus for this series it played out just like the LN and manga. and second the duke’s daughter was never ment to enter the haram in the first place

You wont make this shit better by defending it, stop it.
Sep 12, 2021 1:23 AM
Jan 2019
Swagernator said:
Travis501 said:

You wont make this shit better by defending it, stop it.

I mean I don’t need to defend it because your original comment was so far off the mark it made you sound like everything went right over your head. I was just setting you straight the first time
Sep 12, 2021 1:30 AM

Apr 2016
Travis501 said:
I mean I don’t need to defend it because your original comment was so far off the mark it made you sound like everything went right over your head. I was just setting you straight the first time

The only thing that wen right over head was problems main-kun is facing in this show, they just flew past him while he gathers one harem brainlet girl after another.
Sep 12, 2021 3:04 AM

Oct 2016
Really good episode! Respect to Vargas at least for fighting till the end and not going back on his word, but still pretty stupid of him. Duke Carmine saw an opportunity to round up the corrupt nobles on his Duchy and he took it at the risk of his own life, what a man or lion. Souma really played Amidonia like a damn fiddle. They even lost 15,000 of their men, they're as good as defeated. Looking forward to the next episode.

Ninja Juna or should I say Ninjuna though ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), she can really do it all.
Sep 12, 2021 9:08 AM

Dec 2020
Souma actually turned my back on me. I was really surprised by what Duke Georg Carmine wants to do, they removed corrupt nobles through this beautiful game of opposing the king. Besides, Souma also annihilated Gaius Amidonia's army and took over the Amidonia Kingdom. Incredibly, I can't wait to see Gaius Amidonia's face and what he will have to say.
Sep 12, 2021 9:34 AM

Sep 2011
This has got to be the dumbest episode thus far. Not only did we pull a "all according to keikaku" bullshit but out of nowhere slave collars for no reason other than to throw in some slight edginess I guess.
Sep 12, 2021 7:22 PM
Jan 2013
Swagernator said:

yeah , you are too dumb to comprehend , go and watch your shonen kiddo
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

90 by PLPanda »»
Apr 2, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

86 by SaulN9903 »»
Mar 3, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

173 by SaulN9903 »»
Mar 3, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2021

145 by Solyth »»
Jan 24, 8:23 PM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2021

56 by SrCobayo »»
Jan 20, 6:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.